Richmond

Left out:
Lafayette
Lehigh
S.C. State

If Cal Poly loses I would put Lafayette in their place

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Too close to call. Only thing I am sure about right now is I sure am glad I am not on the committee.

GrizSweeper
Montana
GSU
Furman
SIU
YSU
Tx St
Cal Poly
Lafayette (head to head over Richmond should get them in)

matfu
imho you, gsu eagle, made a 100 on your predictions.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Georgia Southern
Furman
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Montana
Texas St.
Richmond
Cal Poly in with a win
Lafayette in win CP Loss

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Georgia Southern
Furman
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Montana
Texas St.
Cal Poly (assuming they win tonight)
Richmond

ditto

hawkineer
November 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I normally would be happy if the Patriot League gets two teams. There is no way that the league deserves 2 teams this year. Those saying that LC should get in over Richmond or YSU need to look at the entire picture. These are the records of LC opponents:
Marist 7-4
Richmond 8-3 (pre Tutt)
Fordham 2-9
HC 6-5
Georgetown 4-7
LU 8-3
Columbia 2-8
Bucknell 2-9
Losses to Harvard, Princeton, and Colgate - all at home.
Just don't see how that resume gets them in. Because of its subpar OOC performance this year, I've believed all along that the PL only deserved 1 team this year. Colgate's autobid should be it.

mainejeff
November 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Here are mine:

Georgia Southern
Furman
Southern Illinois
Youngstown St.
Montana
Texas St.
Cal Poly (assuming they win tonight)
Richmond

Double Ditto

Eagles_Cliff
November 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Posted all predictions in this thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5493) . I dont think you can discount the pressure the committee will feel from the PC Police by saying "yes" to 8-3 Cal-Poly or Lafayette over 9-2 SC St. I think they can use SOS and Geography to justify Cal-Poly, but there'll be a lot more screaming if Lafayette goes before SC St

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
there'll be a lot more screaming if Lafayette goes before SC St

There will be screaming if either one of those teams gets in. Unless Cal Poly blows it, that is.

kardplayer
November 19th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Here are my thoughts...

1-3. Montana, GSU, Furman are definitely in
4. Southern Illinois is in as the Gateway's first at large, by virtue of their win over YSU (more on them in a minute).
5. The committee has shown over the last couple years that the last team out one year gets in off the bubble the next year (Wofford in '03, Lehigh in '04) - that puts Cal Poly in if they win tonight.

The three spots remaining are tough:
- There's no way that the league with the last two champs doesn't get an at large, so that would put Richmond in. However, I can't see Richmond getting in when Lafayette beat them and has the same record.
- If both got in that would leave Texas State and their weak OOC victories and no top 25 victories vs. Youngstown State (2 top 25 victories) and South Carolina State (no top 25 victories) for one spot.

If all the logic holds, I'd put YSU in in that last spot and leave Texas State "Wofforded"...

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Here is my complete Playoff Outlook:

CLICK HERE (http://www.eguins.frihost.net/boards/index.php?topic=172.new#new)

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
If all the logic holds, I'd put YSU in in that last spot and leave Texas State "Wofforded"...

There's no way Texas St. gets left out.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM
There's no way Texas St. gets left out.
There's no way YSU Gets left out.

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Personally, I think they both get in. I disagree with YSU and TSU fighting for the last spot.

kardplayer
November 19th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Personally, I think they both get in. I disagree with YSU and TSU fighting for the last spot.

I tend to agree, but the rest of the logic seems to hold... so who do you think doesn't get in and - more importantly since this is a discussion board, why?

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I think Lafayette gets left out. See my explanation here: Richmond in, Lafayette out (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103519#post103519)

While there I just talk about UR vs. LC, the same arguments - namely SOS - would hold true for the other bubble teams vs. Lafayette. It's been a down year for the PL.

kardplayer
November 19th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I think Lafayette gets left out. See my explanation here: Richmond in, Lafayette out (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103519#post103519)

While there I just talk about UR vs. LC, the same arguments - namely SOS - would hold true for the other bubble teams vs. Lafayette. It's been a down year for the PL.

Fair enough, I replied there:)