PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Spiders

89Hen
November 19th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Maybe a bit premature, but congrats to the Richmond Spiders for returning to the playoffs! They will be the NINTH different A10 to have made the playoffs in just the last four years. Watch out for this team, they have not lost to a I-AA since moving Tutt back to QB where he belongs. If only they drew some fans, they'd be very deserving of a home game IMO.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Ditto to the Spiders. And they had an ok crowd today...about 9,000. The Tribe helped with quite a few fans, but I haven't seen that kind of enthusiasm at UR in a long time.

JMU2004
November 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Ditto to the Spiders. And they had an ok crowd today...about 9,000. The Tribe helped with quite a few fans, but I haven't seen that kind of enthusiasm at UR in a long time.

They had about 9k for the JMU game last year....course 4k were JMU fans, but hey, beggars cant be choosers

DTSpider
November 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks everyone. We're still a work in progress. With so many losing seasons and our just awful administration we're fighting the uphill battle to get fans back. It wasn't long ago when we got 15,000 for the W&M game. Hopefully we can spin this succcess into the necessary funding for the new stadium and catch up with the other VA schools.

charliej
November 19th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I'll join my A10 brethren in congatulating the Spiders. Here's hoping we can keep the hardware in the family.

Umass74
November 20th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Congrats to the Spiders from UMass.

What a great run! Hope you give 'em hell in the playoffs.

Spider
November 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks A10 fans for your spport...hopefully we can show what a great conference this is.............

LacesOut
November 21st, 2005, 12:07 PM
I've got to chime in with a congrats to the Spidahs! Great season, good luck in the playoffs.

blur2005
November 21st, 2005, 12:16 PM
As one of my good friends goes to UR, I have no trouble cheering for you guys. Let's have a Richmond-UNH championship game. That'll show how the A-10 is "down" this year.