PDA

View Full Version : Will Youngstown State Make Playoffs?

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 06:16 PM
A-10 will only get 2 seeds.
Big Sky 2 teams.

That IMHO Means the Gateway will get its Co-CHAMPIONS all in.

UNI and SIU Are locked in but will YSU make playoffs?
And if they do who will they play and where?

matfu
November 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
i vote that they will be IN...possibly the last team ...and that cal poly will be the first team left out (#17) if they win tonight. that is my story and i think i am right. i am a furman fan so i am unbiased about these bubble teams.

FlyBoy8
November 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Who makes it in over Cal Poly?

ThreadStopper
November 19th, 2005, 06:29 PM
i vote that they will be IN...possibly the last team ...and that cal poly will be the first team left out (#17) if they win tonight. that is my story and i think i am right. i am a furman fan so i am unbiased about these bubble teams.

Not to repeat Cal Poly's credentials hear again, but how on earth can you say this?

November 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
...i am unbiased about these bubble teams.yeah right...

89Hen
November 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
will YSU make playoffs?
And if they do who will they play and where?
IMO, yes and in Youngstown against TBD.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Not to repeat Cal Poly's credentials hear again, but how on earth can you say this?
Anyone with a computer and a keyboard can say just about anything on here as we prove on a regular basis.
:D

ISUMatt
November 19th, 2005, 06:32 PM
YSU will get in only because of the 3 pt win vs my Birds :)

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM
IMO, yes and in Youngstown against TBD.
I talked with our AD.. He is confident were in but Highly Doubtful we will get a home game. Our money and everything we put up is so good but the NCAA has done it in 96 and 01 when we had higher fan averages.

O ya. ILSUFan.. Lol that game was so fun!

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Seems like the people supporting YSU have good knowledge of the Gateway. The others don't know what they seem to talk about.

That is not just YSU ..

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I dont think theres any way they leave Poly out after last year, who do you have as your other 8 at large bids??

November 19th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Seems like the people supporting YSU have good knowledge of the Gateway. The others don't know what they seem to talk about... :lmao: HOMER JUICER :lmao:

matfu
November 19th, 2005, 07:36 PM
OOPS...i apologize...in my haste, i counted richmond TWICE..in light of that...YES i think if cal poly wins tonight they will be IN...possibly the #16 team...sorry about that!

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Richmond or Laffayette, which do you take for an at large?

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Seems like the people supporting YSU have good knowledge of the Gateway. The others don't know what they seem to talk about.

That is not just YSU ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
"There are too many good 8-3 teams out there," said Laney.
http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=74290

The Gateway alone has three 8-3 teams and two 7-4 teams. The combined OOC record of these 5 teams is 15-5 with all 5 losses coming to D IA teams.

Eagles_Cliff
November 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I thought this was reasonably simple.

Auto Bids are:
New Hampshire
Colgate
Hampton
App St
UNI
EIU
EWU
Nicholls St

At-Large should be, top 5 in no particular order
Furman
GSU
Texas St
YSU
SIU
Montana
Richmond
Cal-Poly or SC St. Cal-Poly deserves it with a win tonight and will help balance things geographically.

Seeds are harder to figure as well as bracketing, because of geography.

NH, Hampton, and App St are definately seeded. Fourth seed probably goes to Tex St or UNI for ease of travel and deservedly

Other four home teams are GSU and Montana I think for sure because of attendence and high bidding. UNI, Furman, SIU, YSU and Nicholls are the other possibilities

Bracketing always sucks when geography is at play...my guess:

NH 1 vs Colgate
UNI vs EWU

Montana vs Cal-Poly
Texas St. 4 vs E. Ill

Hampton 2 vs Richmond or YSU
Furman vs Richmond or YSU OR GSU vs Nicholls St

Furman vs Richmond or YSU OR GSU vs Nicholls St
App St vs SIU

You could flip-flop SIU and EIU

JMO

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I think Montana would play Nicholls instead of Cal Poly again

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I think Montana would play Nicholls instead of Cal Poly again
I wanna play Montana...

Killsback
November 19th, 2005, 08:14 PM
EIU at SIU it is only a 2 1/2 hour bus trip from Charleston to Carbondale. We know how the NCAA likes to save on travel money.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 08:17 PM
EIU at SIU it is only a 2 1/2 hour bus trip from Charleston to Carbondale. We know how the NCAA likes to save on travel money.
It could revive an old instate rivalry that has lapsed for several years. I'm all for it.

Pantherpower
November 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Tell you what folks, if the Gateway only gets two teams in (SIU and UNI), then UNI will get the #4 seed. If they decide to put in 3 Gateway teams (UNI, SIU and YSU), UNI won't be seeded. Just my opinion. ;)

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Tell you what folks, if the Gateway only gets two teams in (SIU and UNI), then UNI will get the #4 seed. If they decide to put in 3 Gateway teams (UNI, SIU and YSU), UNI won't be seeded. Just my opinion. ;)
Then choose league.. Prove to the rest of the GFC you can win on the road.

Lets get 3 GFC teams in and lets kick some butt!

Pantherpower
November 19th, 2005, 09:04 PM
It's not up to me or anybody else on this board to choose who goes. Just stating my opinion on how I think it will shake out for the Gateway in two scenarios. :)

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:15 PM
LEHIGH-YSU-LAFAYETTE.

I am getting a real bad feeling we will get left out.. !
Lets keep this going.. Thoughts now with a CP Win

PantherMan
November 19th, 2005, 11:33 PM
LEHIGH-YSU-LAFAYETTE.

I am getting a real bad feeling we will get left out.. !
Lets keep this going.. Thoughts now with a CP Win

YSU is in. That Montana loss is the only thing that even made this a question mark. Co-champs of the Gateway will play another day...

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:36 PM
YSU is in. That Montana loss is the only thing that even made this a question mark. Co-champs of the Gateway will play another day...
The thing I see getting us in is quite simple.. The Gateway is the best conference this year.. We are the Champs; ya CO; but nevertheless the Gateway Champions and that should get us in.

nmatsen
November 19th, 2005, 11:42 PM
The thing I see getting us in is quite simple.. The Gateway is the best conference this year.. We are the Champs; ya CO; but nevertheless the Gateway Champions and that should get us in.

Until anyone that knows anything about football spends more than five seconds thinking about it and realizes that you were really third ;) ;)

I might just sleep all day tomorrow, after all, I know were in!

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2005, 11:52 PM

Is this according to Petes Poll? The bottom of the Gateway really hurts your argument that the Gateway is the best.

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Is this according to Petes Poll? The bottom of the Gateway really hurts your argument that the Gateway is the best.
You can say those bottom 3 are bad.. But the top 5 are TOP 25 This week

oldputtytat
November 20th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Fly...........go to bed, you are in! Plus..........I get sick of you and Paladin and your "prove you can win on the road' banter. It's becoming a broken record.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Well I will hold you to it. And if your wrong.. GO UNI'S OPPONENT! Just Messing.. Good Luck to who you face. I think the Gateway can and will win all the games they play even if YSU plays the best of the best. of course we did in a dome a few weeks ago lol.

oldputtytat
November 20th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Good luck to YSU...........and nothing but the best to the Gateway!

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Then choose league.. Prove to the rest of the GFC you can win on the road.

Lets get 3 GFC teams in and lets kick some butt!

Although I have grown much respect for you over the last couple of weeks (in my own little way) I would sell your Momma on 6th AVE. in Des Moines for a 4 seed, let alone sacrificing YSU from the playoff field. You would do the exact same thing and so would anyone else.

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Although I have grown much respect for you over the last couple of weeks (in my own little way) I would sell your Momma on 6th AVE. in Des Moines for a 4 seed, let alone sacrificing YSU from the playoff field. You would do the exact same thing and so would anyone else.
Well thanks for the respect but are you guys THAT DEPENDENT ON that Dome. Is that the only way you can win it all; coughithinkitiscough.

nmatsen
November 20th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Well thanks for the respect but are you guys THAT DEPENDENT ON that Dome. Is that the only way you can win it all; coughithinkitiscough.

We have proven that we can win on the road just as much as anyone else in 1-AA has. There are only 5 1-AA teams that have more playoff victories than the Panthers and I can tell you that just a few of those (sarcasm) have come on the road. Maybe we should come out to Stambaugh and beat you guys out there (AGAIN) to prove it. Trust me, there is not one person on this board that doesn't think getting some home games wouldn't greatly improve their chances of winning it all, INCLUDING YOU!

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Well I know that but I think we, THE GATEWAY, can kill half these teams, on the road or at home.
And Beat us AGAIN at Stambaugh; lets not talk about 2004 and that damn penalty that gave you a second shot.. Just a terrible call.
GO GUINS!
ps.. you better be up in ytown next year for that game!

Cap'n Cat
November 20th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Well I know that but I think we, THE GATEWAY, can kill half these teams, on the road or at home.
And Beat us AGAIN at Stambaugh; lets not talk about 2004 and that damn penalty that gave you a second shot.. Just a terrible call.
GO GUINS!
ps.. you better be up in ytown next year for that game!

"Will Youngstown State Make Playoffs?"

God, I hope not. How embarrassing that would be.

"Bad" calls are part of the game, Fly. UNI has a very admirable record v YSU and at Stambaugh. Also, UNI has won its share on the road in the playoffs. So has YSU..............in the 1900's.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2005, 10:00 AM
"Will Youngstown State Make Playoffs?"

God, I hope not. How embarrassing that would be.

"Bad" calls are part of the game, Fly. UNI has a very admirable record v YSU and at Stambaugh. Also, UNI has won its share on the road in the playoffs. So has YSU..............in the 1900's.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Can't help we lost the best kept secret in College Football In Tressel, but he left us hanging. Look at his players from 2001-2004.. OUCH.. Now Heacock has all his players in and look how good we are and WILL Be..

BTW... I have lost my Love of Tressel. hint think whati-a team i like...