PDA

View Full Version : Hampton has 3 RB's going over 100 yards in Win over Savannah State

REEM10
November 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Not acting like Savannah is a great team or even a decent team :D , but to have 3 backs go over 100 yards in a game is pretty sick.

Great way to go into the playoffs.

Congrats to Hampton on its undefeated regular season, and lets keep it goin in the playoffs.

Ardell Daniels 13 142 10.9 40 1
Van Morgan 15 133 8.9 79 0
Alonzo Coleman 7 104 14.9 41 2

Teams are going to have to Stack 9 or 10 in the box to stop that rushing attack!

siugrad99
November 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM
SIU would love the chance !

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Not acting like Savannah is a great team or even a decent team :D , but to have 3 backs go over 100 yards in a game is pretty sick.

Congrats to Hampton on its undefeated regular season, and lets keep it goin in the playoffs.

Teams are going to have to Stack 9 or 10 in the box to stop that rushing attack!

Wow ur so proud of beating up on a team thats so pathetic that a pee wee football team could prolly beat them. good luck when you play a real team in the playoffs.

DTSpider
November 19th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I'm really looking forward to the probably matchup with Hampton next week. I think that Hampton would be favored in the game, but hopefully Richmond's D can show up and play a great game. Should be fun. I'll definitely be there for the game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2005, 07:18 PM
there are some high schools that have three backs that could run 100 yards on those guys. See you in the playoffs, Pirates. I'll be dissappointed if you don't win at least 1.

November 19th, 2005, 07:23 PM
...See you in the playoffs, Pirates. I'll be dissappointed if you don't win at least 1.X____________________________ co-sign

R.A.
November 19th, 2005, 07:25 PM
there are some high schools that have three backs that could run 100 yards on those guys. See you in the playoffs, Pirates. I'll be dissappointed if you don't win at least 1.

-The Number 2, undefeated team in the country needs to win at least 2 games.

DTSpider
November 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM
The bad news is that they may get Richmond who has to be one of the hottest teams in the country right now. 7 in a row with the last 3 in very convincing fashion.

JMU2004
November 19th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Honestly, has Hampton played ANYONE this year?

NYSigma
November 19th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Just to let you guys know...Hampton played their 2nd third and 4th stringers the whole 2nd half..... they had 427 yards total offense in the 1st half.... Actually Hampton has been playing their 2nd string most of the games thus they have not been really blowing out a lot of the weaker MEAC teams....

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Just to let you guys know...Hampton played their 2nd third and 4th stringers the whole 2nd half..... they had 427 yards total offense in the 1st half.... Actually Hampton has been playing their 2nd string most of the games thus they have not been really blowing out a lot of the weaker MEAC teams....

and had UNHs ricky Santos played the entire game every game he'd have passed for 50TDs and ran for 20 more TDs

doesnt matter how long ur players playted, you havent played anyone good.

R.A.
November 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Honestly, has Hampton played ANYONE this year?

- Well they wanted a home game against.... nevermind. :deadhorse

DTSpider
November 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM

This could be a real problem for you. Serisouly, if you're first team guys aren't used to playing the whole and playing close games the playoff games could be tough. You've had enough talent to coast, but it won't be that way next week. I personally think that you deserve a seed and I'm really looking forward to coming down there to experience Hampton football.

NYSigma
November 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Funny R.A. I like your last post....lol

Well my team beat everyone so far and I am looking forward to playing "anyone" next weekend. I think a lot of you haters will be suprised....

November 19th, 2005, 07:40 PM
- Well they wanted a home game against.... nevermind. :deadhorseBut HU would only play it if... nevermind :deadhorse

November 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM
... I think a lot of you haters will be suprised.... :rolleyes:

JMU2004
November 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM
- Well they wanted a home game against.... nevermind. :deadhorse

whats really funny is that HU backed out of a proposed home for home....yet HU fans are the ones who bitch and act like a defending national champ OWES you a favor.

NYSigma
November 19th, 2005, 07:44 PM
We won't get in to this again but HU has played the Dukes twice in their house and won both times. I would e-mail your coaches, AD etc next week but you guys will be busy turning equipment etc...

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I think a lot of you haters will be suprised....

the ones who only expect you to lose by 20? the rest of the haters of course expect you to lose by 40 so they'll be the haters who arent surprised xcoffeex

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 07:45 PM
whats really funny is that HU backed out of a proposed home for home....yet HU fans are the ones who bitch and act like a defending national champ OWES you a favor.

Actually R.A. is a Howard fan who is intense when it comes to Hampton and SCSU. Promote Howard sometime man!

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Interesting. 3 backs over 100 yards is pretty impressive, no matter who you played. Still, would have liked seeing how Rubin (Portland State) would have done against that rushing defense.

Oh well, wishful thinking.

Hampton86
November 19th, 2005, 07:57 PM
TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE ANGRY TO SEE HAMPTON IN THE PLAYOFFS....

"We are not worthy to play in the same playoffs of powerhouses like JMU, APP St and New Hampshire. We will do our best to stink it up in the first round!" Now, does that make you guys happy? Seriously though, some say we may play in a weak conference (even though I'm sure there are weaker conferences up NORTH- not naming teams) and some continue to say that we are not deserving of such a high-ranking in the standings, but we ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WE WILL BE READY TO PLAY WHOMEVER COMES IN OUR WAY.
Jerome Mathis is now playing in the NFL and he was not there to play in our 11-0 season. Deal with it, Hampton will be a thorn in the sides in Division I-AA football for years to come.

So strap it up Richmond, JMU, William and Mary (will you be there?) or anyone else who will make the trip down to our "HOME BY THE SEA". We'll make sure when you come to Hampton, we'll shock you on the football field, welcome you to tour our campus, get a great plate of seafood at Captain George's on Mercury Blvd. and send your ARSES back home.
"THOSE DANG PIRATES"! :bang:

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 08:01 PM
TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE ANGRY TO SEE HAMPTON IN THE PLAYOFFS....

"We are not worthy to play in the same playoffs of powerhouses like JMU, APP St and New Hampshire. We will do our best to stink it up in the first round!" Now, does that make you guys happy? Seriously though, we may play in a weak conference (not all weak opponents) and we may not deserve such a high-ranking in the standings, but we ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WE WILL BE READY TO PLAY WHOMEVER COMES IN OUR WAY. Jerome Mathis is now playing in the NFL and he was not there to play in our 11-0 season. Deal with it, Hampton will be a thorn in the sides in Division I-AA football for years to come. :bang:

No one is angry to see Hampton in the playoffs. You got the auto-bid, congrats. Its what you do with it now that counts.

You've gone further than my team for sure.

Hampton86
November 19th, 2005, 08:09 PM
No one is angry to see Hampton in the playoffs. You got the auto-bid, congrats. Its what you do with it now that counts.

You've gone further than my team for sure.

This post is not directed at the sensible-thinking folks like yourself.
This is directed to folks who claim they know what Hampton's about based on what they heard or saw during one playoff game in Williamsburg last year.

I even asked one fan if he had ever seen Hampton in person, and he says he "FIGURED OUT" Hampton by watching them on TV....

ANYWHO...THANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES JALMOND. YOU'RE RIGHT, WE HAVE TO DO IT ON THE FIELD. HAMPTON FANS AREN'T IN THE BUSINESS OF GUARANTEEING A PLAYOFF WIN, BUT WE DO GUARANTEE THAT THE RESPECT WILL FOLLOW FROM THOSE "A.G.S. DOUBTERS"!!!!!!

DTSpider
November 19th, 2005, 08:12 PM
How did Richmond get included in the rant?

If I haven't been transparent enough, I think that Hampton deserves a seed. I've enjoyed watching your games on TV this year a couple of times. I think that Richmond will give you a good game, but I don't expect us (or you) to win big. I think that it will be a close game decided late in the 4th quarter.

Hampton86
November 19th, 2005, 08:20 PM
YOU ARE CORRECT.
I DID NOT MEAN TO SAY THAT RICHMOND FANS ARE PART OF THE HEAVILY-VOCAL DOUBTERS, IN FACT I THINK THAT RICHMOND AND W&M RECEIVES FROM HAMPTON AND ITS FANS BECAUSE OF THE PAST FEW YEARS THAT WE'VE MET ON THE FIELD AND ON THE BASKETBALL COURT.

I KNOW THE RESPECT IS GIVEN TO US AS WELL!
BY THE WAY, CONGRATS ON THE B-BALL WIN FRIDAY NIGHT!

I HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR THE FELLOW-VIRGINIA SCHOOLS AND THEIR SUCCESS ON THE GRIDIRON, INCLUDING J.M.U.

I THINK THOSE SUCCESSES IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS OUR PRESIDENT WILLIAM HARVEY HAD THE FORESIGHT TO MOVE FROM DIV II TO DIV.I-AA.
CONGRATS IN THE PLAYOFFS. IF HAMPTON CAN'T WIN, I'LL BE ROOTING FOR ANY VIRGINA-BASED SCHOOL TO WIN IT ALL! :)

R.A.
November 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Actually R.A. is a Howard fan who is intense when it comes to Hampton and SCSU. Promote Howard sometime man!

-It's all about MEAC love man. We support each other over in our conference. We're just one big dysfunctional family.

-As for my Bison, they aren't playing with any heart.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Well it looks like it will be UR at Hampton next week. I'll definitely be there with mixed allegiance.

Very interesting matchup, if it happens. Richmond plays solid run D, and should be able to force the Pirates to throw some. In the games where they played good defenses, the Spiders didn't gain alot of yards. This one could be low scoring.

GSUsTALON
November 19th, 2005, 11:28 PM
HAMPTON GUYS

I wish you the best in the playoffs & hope you go far!

GaSouthern has never played HAMPTON.

The great thing about the playoffs is that you get to play against the best to prove you're the best. I also like playing against teams & styles of play that you dont get to see durring the regular season.

That being said I would love to travel to your home feild and give you a dose of the Spread Option. HAMPTON's playoff schedule ends the Saterday they play GaSouthern :) (The Real GSU)

Let it be known that
TALON
is a hatter :spank: