PDA

View Full Version : 11/19 Playoff teams

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Here are the 16 teams I feel will get into the playoffs.

New Hampshire........A10
Hampton................MEAC
Eastern Washington.Big Sky
App St..................SOCON
Northern Iowa........Gateway
Colgate.................Pat League
Nicholls St............Southland
Eastern Illinois........OVC
Cal Poly
Montana
YSU
Richmond
Southern Illinois
GSU
Furman
Texas St

Top 4 seeds:
1...UNH
2...App St
3...GSU
4...Hampton

Brackets:
UNH vs Colgate
YSU vs Eastern Washington

Hampton vs Richmond
Montana vs Furman

App St vs Northern Iowa
Eastern Illinois vs Southern Illinois

GSU vs Texas State
Cal Poly vs Nicholls State

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
"east coast bias????"

Who gets the seed in the West?

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
"east coast bias????"

Is there a rule that an west coast team gets a seed?

blukeys
November 19th, 2005, 03:57 PM
"east coast bias????"

There is no requirement that the "West" gets a seed. The rules simply state that the committee seeds the top 4 teams.

With a Loss today is Montana still the Big Sky Rep?

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Is there a rule that an west coast team gets a seed?

Last I checked, UNI wasn't on the West Coast. From what I have gathered, they regionalize the teams according to location

A WESTERN Region would have the following teams in it

Montana
Cal Poly
UNI
Nicholls/Texas ST

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
There is no requirement that the "West" gets a seed. The rules simply state that the committee seeds the top 4 teams.

I thought it was Eastern Washington

SpiritCymbal

Actually, I think I've read aroudn here that the auto-bid would go to Eastern Washington. But I really don't know for sure.

umassfan

Actully Eastern Washington wins the Auto... which throws a rench in everything I just did.

HensRock
November 19th, 2005, 04:01 PM
1 of two things is true. Montana will get a seed, or EWU is in the playoffs. You have neither.

EWU own head-to-head over MSU and UM.

lugo02
November 19th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Here are the 16 teams I feel will get into the playoffs.

New Hampshire........A10
Hampton................MEAC
Montana................Big Sky
App St..................SOCON
Northern Iowa........Gateway
Colgate.................Pat League
Nicholls St............Southland
Eastern Illinois........OVC
Cal Poly
Lafayette
YSU
Richmond
Southern Illinois
GSU
Furman
Texas St

Top 4 seeds:
1...UNH
2...App St
3...GSU
4...Hampton

Brackets:
UNH vs Colgate
YSU vs Laffayette

Hampton vs Richmond
Montana vs Furman

App St vs Northern Iowa
Eastern Illinois vs Southern Illinois

GSU vs Texas State
Cal Poly vs Nicholls State

have you checked the Montana score lately. they are losing.
EWU gets the Auto-bid from the Big Sky
A Montana loss with put them at 5-2 in the big sky
Montana State will be 5-2
EWU is already 5-2
EWU beat both Montana State and Montana

Montana will be 7-3 in D-I with a loss today
They also have a D-II win, but that does not count
They will not be seeded and will be on the bubble with Lehigh and Lafayette et. al.

GSUISBACK
November 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Two get in B4 Lu
GPI
19 Montana St
26 S Carolina St
48 Lafayette

Eaglegus2
November 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give this man a Killeens.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Two get in B4 Lu
GPI
19 Montana St
26 S Carolina St
48 Lafayette

Montana st has 4 losses they will not get in... S Carolina St is losing today.

GSUISBACK
November 19th, 2005, 04:07 PM
SCST is up now

SpiritCymbal
November 19th, 2005, 04:08 PM
SCST is up now

SC St will not get in even with a win. Not with all the upsets today.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM
I know JMU is a long shot but should get a look before SCSU does as they were much more impressive today and entered today with a higher GPI ranking,

GSUISBACK
November 19th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Yes they will 9-2 higher GPI loses to high ranked teams and they will be coming to the Boro.

SpiritCymbal
November 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Yes they will 9-2 higher GPI loses to high ranked teams and they will be coming to the Boro.

No they wont....0 quality wins one of the weakest conferences in the nation.

You said it yourself in a post above, Montana St. would get a better look than SCST.

GSUISBACK
November 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I know JMU is a long shot but should get a look before SCSU does as they were much more impressive today and entered today with a higher GPI ranking,
YOU DONT QUALIFY 6 D1 WINS

JMU Duke Dog

:confused:

JMU: 24th in GPI, won 55-14 over Towson today, stronger conference
SCSU: 26th in GPI, barely up over NC A&T, weaker conference

Neither team will make the playoffs but JMU should get any look before SCSU.

umassfan
You do not have 7 D I-AA wins therefore you have ZERO shot!

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM
YOU DONT QUALIFY 6 D1 WINS

It is not an asbolute black and white qualification. The seven DI wins is only a suggestion to the playoff selection committee.

umassfan
November 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM
It is not an asbolute black and white qualification. The seven DI wins is only a suggestion to the playoff selection committee.
You wont get in... end of story!

HensRock
November 19th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Give it up. You are just making yourself look pathetic. JMU is done. CCU with a loss today will go before JMU and they're not going either.

JMU Duke Dog
You wont get in... end of story!

We down here at JMU are just more optimistic than you all from Amhest I suppose.

00bluehen
I really wish JMU fans would stop with this crap already. You aren't getting in, no matter how many times you keep repeating this drivel. It's over! Yes, you played well at the end of the year--too little, too late!

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Give it up. You are just making yourself look pathetic. JMU is done. CCU with a loss today will go before JMU and they're not going either.

You all love it. But we will be hopefull even though I do not expect to hear us called tomorrow. As I said we will probably not make the playoffs but some of the teams being mentioned (SCSU) are ridiculous to consider before the Dukes.

umassfan
We down here at JMU are just more optimistic than you all from Amhest I suppose.
We have a better shot of getting in and we have no shot therefore you have less then no shot... if thats even possible.

JMU Duke Dog
I really wish JMU fans would stop with this crap already. You aren't getting in, no matter how many times you keep repeating this drivel. It's over! Yes, you played well at the end of the year--too little, too late!

Everyone on AGS must be drinking the JMUHaterade.

00bluehen
You all love it. But we will be hopefull even though I do not expect to hear us called tomorrow. As I said we will probably not make the playoffs but some of the teams being mentioned (SCSU) are ridiculous to consider before the Dukes.
Welcome to the I-AA playoffs, DukeDog. Did you just start following them last year???

It's got nothing to do with "Haterade." I don't hate JMU at all. I'm trying to stop you before you expose yourself as someone who hasn't been around long enough to know how it all works!

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the I-AA playoffs, DukeDog. Did you just start following them last year???

No I have been with JMU before last year's title run. I only discovered this AGS site a couple months after JMU had won the national title.

00bluehen
November 19th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I wasn't referring to JMU, but to the I-AA playoffs. It is pretty apparent that you don't know a whole lot about the operation.

Even in a year with all this parity, I'm still sticking to the "4-total loss, 3-conference loss" exclusion rule that has run the roost since I-AA went to 16 teams.

lugo02
November 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM
We have a better shot of getting in and we have no shot therefore you have less then no shot... if thats even possible.

I have to agree with UMassFan
JMU is DONE OK, YOU ARE DONE.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I have to agree with UMassFan
JMU is DONE OK, YOU ARE DONE.

JMU is probably done but won't officially be done until tomorrow's playoff field is announced.

colgate13
November 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM
JMU is probably done but won't officially be done until tomorrow's playoff field is announced.

There about 50 or more teams you could say that about.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
There about 50 or more teams you could say that about.

But there are not 50 teams that are ahead of JMU for the playoffs. ;)
I think neither JMU or SCSU will get in after wins by Montana State, Southern Illinois, and Texas State today.

November 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
At-Large I think:

Montana
Furman
Georgia Southern
Texas State
Richmond
Southern Illinois
Cal Poly (if they win)

YSU or Lafayette

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM
At-Large I think:

Montana
Furman
Georgia Southern
Texas State
Richmond
Southern Illinois
Cal Poly (if they win)

YSU or Lafayette
Ralph! Why the hell will YSU be fighting for the final spot!
Damn the A-10 will only have 2 teams shouldn't that open up a spot for the Guins nevertheless. And c-mon YSU is much better than Lafayette and you know it.

--EDITED FOR SMACK, STOP IT NOW--

matfu
November 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM
if you look at who is definitely IN, i come up with 16 teams, which even leaves cal poly OUT regardless of what they do tonight...SO NONE of these other bubble teams have ANY chance of getting in at all....ZERO!

edited---OOPS..my mistake..i counted richmond twice...so now i think that cal poly will be the last team IN.

HensRock
November 19th, 2005, 06:15 PM
But there are not 50 teams that are ahead of JMU for the playoffs. ;)
I think neither JMU or SCSU will get in after wins by Montana State, Southern Illinois, and Texas State today.

You are making a fool of yourself. The committee has stated that teams with less than 7 D-I wins are in jeopardy of not being selected. You also have 4 D-I losses. You are NOT even 7-4, YOU ARE 6-4 in the eyes of the committee. YOU ARE D-O-N-E done.

November 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM
if you look at who is definitely IN, i come up with 16 teams, which even leaves cal poly OUT regardless of what they do tonight...SO NONE of these other bubble teams have ANY chance of getting in at all....ZERO!There are only eight teams definitely in.

November 19th, 2005, 06:20 PM
YSU is much better than Lafayette and you know it.They beat Richmond and have the same record as YSU... who knows?

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Relax, guysl
We'll find out tomorrow who is in and then the ones who are not can hit the roof. It's all speculation tonight.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2005, 06:31 PM
You are making a fool of yourself.

Don't be too hard on Duke Dog.....he's just following the lead of his coach. :D

00bluehen
November 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM
You could claim that, 4SF, but at the same time it's becoming tiresome. It's not like JMU is the only 7-4 team out there, and it's not like special consideration must be shown to them because of "who they are."

It's laughable, yet oddly pathetic at the same time. Anyone worth their salt who has EVER followed the I-AA playoffs knows 4 losses = season ending, especially if you play a D-II.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Don't be too hard on Duke Dog.....he's just following the lead of his coach. :D

Thanks Tribe4SF for realizing that! JMU fans support our crazy lovable Coach Mickey Matthews. There is absolutely no harm in hoping for the playoffs that will probably not happen but it cannot be ruled out 100% by any single poster on AGS. I may seem like a fool to you but I could care less what you all think of me for supporting the JMU football program. I plan on waking up tomorrow and later in the day finding out that JMU did not make the playoffs and continuing on with my life wishing best of luck to those that did make the playoffs. I think it is pathetic for Delaware and other fans to waste time responding to my posts as you should be concerned with your own program(s) and just let me have some fun supporting JMU football.

November 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
... it cannot be ruled out 100% by any single poster on AGS..."There are too many good 8-3 teams out there," said Laney.
http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=74290

R.A.
November 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
:confused:

JMU: 24th in GPI, won 55-14 over Towson today, stronger conference
SCSU: 26th in GPI, barely up over NC A&T, weaker conference

Neither team will make the playoffs but JMU should get any look before SCSU.

-Since when is a 43-27 W over your rival... barely? They has 8 1-AA wins. JMU has, 6 or 7... JMU isn't even in the conversation. SCSU is... deal with it, or tell your athletic department to deal w/ the Bulldogs next year.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 07:12 PM
-Since when is a 43-27 W over your rival... barely? They has 8 1-AA wins. JMU has, 6 or 7... JMU isn't even in the conversation. SCSU is... deal with it, or tell your athletic department to deal w/ the Bulldogs next year.

At the time I wrote that message, SCSU had just taken the lead over lowly NC A&T.

JMU Duke Dog
November 19th, 2005, 07:14 PM
"There are too many good 8-3 teams out there," said Laney.

Exactly why JMU and SCSU will probably not make the playoffs but no one knows 100% exactly what the playoff selection committee will do when they decide. They seem to like surprising people.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
"There are too many good 8-3 teams out there," said Laney.
The Gateway alone has three 8-3 teams and two 7-4 teams. The combined OOC record of these 5 teams is 15-5 with all 5 losses coming to D IA teams.

blur2005
November 19th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Good Lord all of you make me laugh. Can't you let a forlorn Dukes fan dream a little? :)

We know we're not getting in. We lost all the close games we won last year, which says something about the A-10.

November 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
We lost all the close games we won last year, which says something about the A-10.Yep, the A-10 was down this year.

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Ralph, do you think Montana gets a home playoff game and if so against whom?

November 19th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Ralph, do you think Montana gets a home playoff game and if so against whom?I would imagine, against whom I don't know.

GrizSweeper
November 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM
how bout your playoff field, which at larges get in?

November 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM
how bout your playoff field, which at larges get in?I have posted it on this thread already.

Originally Posted by ralph
At-Large I think:

Montana
Furman
Georgia Southern
Texas State
Richmond
Southern Illinois
Cal Poly (if they win)

YSU or Lafayette