PDA

View Full Version : Championship Records by Conference

mvemjsunpx
December 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I was curious, so using cfbdatawarehouse (http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com), I decided to compile the title game records by conference. These are based on conference affiliation at the time, not necessarily the current affiliation. Ranked by # of appearances.

Current Playoff Conferences

SoCon - 8-8

Big Sky - 5-6

CAA/A-10/Yankee - 4-3

Southland - 1-5

MVC/Gateway - 3-2

Ohio Valley - 2-2

Patriot - 0-1

MEAC - 0-0

Others

Independents - 7-4

SIAC - 1-0

Reign of Terrier
December 20th, 2008, 05:50 PM
All hail the Socon! darn you Marshall!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I was curious, so using cfbdatawarehouse (http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com), I decided to compile the title game records by conference. These are based on conference affiliation at the time, not necessarily the current affiliation. Ranked by # of appearances.

SoCon - 8-8

Big Sky - 5-6

CAA/A-10/Yankee - 4-3

Southland - 1-5

MVC/Gateway - 3-2

Ohio Valley - 2-2

Patriot - 0-1

MEAC - 0-0

Others

Independents - 7-4

SIAC - 1-0

Wait a minute.

So you're saying the SOCON AND the Big Sky have both more NC appearances and titles than the CAA/A-10!!!? xeekx xeekx xeekx

How dare you provide factual innuendo's that the CAA is not the best conference in the history of mankind! Blasphemy!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yay!! Go independants!! Second behind the SoCon!!
xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
December 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I know it diminishes my own conference, but the MVC/Gateway was formed in 1985 so when SIU won the championship in 1983 they would not have been a Gateway/MVC member. I have no idea what conference they were in, but I believe it wasn't the Gateway.

BossEagle
December 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM
sooooooooo, i'm confused here. GSU-6 APP-3 FU-1 someone PLEASE help me with my math, I'm 16 and haven't been around too long to know everyting about the Socon.

ngineer
December 20th, 2008, 07:43 PM

SoCon - 8-8

Big Sky - 5-6

CAA/A-10/Yankee - 4-3

Southland - 1-5

MVC/Gateway - 3-2

Ohio Valley - 2-2

Patriot - 0-1

MEAC - 0-0

Others

Independents - 7-4

SIAC - 1-0

that is incorrect as for the Patriot...We are 0-2..Colgate losing in 2003 and Lehigh losing in 1979.

Baldy
December 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM
sooooooooo, i'm confused here. GSU-6 APP-3 FU-1 someone PLEASE help me with my math, I'm 16 and haven't been around too long to know everyting about the Socon.

4 of Georgia Southern's 6 NC's were won when we were independents.

Big Dawg
December 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM
One time for the SIAC being undefeted in the National Title game...:D xnodx

ngineer
December 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
that is incorrect as for the Patriot...We are 0-2..Colgate losing in 2003 and Lehigh losing in 1979.

I will stand corrected. After seeing Baldy's post, I realize Lehigh's appearance in the I-AA Final in 1979 was when we were an independent. The Colonial Conference, which preceded the Patriot, began in 1986.

YoUDeeMan
December 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Wait a minute.

So you're saying the SOCON AND the Big Sky have both more NC appearances and titles than the CAA/A-10!!!? xeekx xeekx xeekx

How dare you provide factual innuendo's that the CAA is not the best conference in the history of mankind! Blasphemy!!!!

Well, mankind has been around for a long time. However, we have only developed speech relatively recently (and that is questionable in some part of the country) and played good I-AA football in the past 10 or so years. So, yeah, the CAA is the best conference in the recent history of mankind. xnodx xsmiley_wix

igo4uni
December 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Well, mankind has been around for a long time. However, we have only developed speech relatively recently (and that is questionable in some part of the country) and played good I-AA football in the past 10 or so years. So, yeah, the CAA is the best conference in the recent history of mankind. xnodx xsmiley_wix

east coast bias!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D :) :) :) xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

mvemjsunpx
December 20th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I know it diminishes my own conference, but the MVC/Gateway was formed in 1985 so when SIU won the championship in 1983 they would not have been a Gateway/MVC member. I have no idea what conference they were in, but I believe it wasn't the Gateway.

In '83, SIU was in the old MVC, which I lumped in with the Gateway & MVFC.

apaladin
December 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I think when you are considering past championships etc you should start with 1982. Before that I believe there were only 2 conferences and maybe 20 teams in 1-AA?