PDA

View Full Version : Your team in 2009: Who's leaving, who's staying, and who will step up?

UNH Fanboi
December 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Now that 2008 is officially in the books, let's talk about how our teams look for 2009.

UNH

Key players returning:

QB RJ Toman
TE Scott Sicko
RB Chad Kackert
LB Dino Vasso
LB Sean Ware
DB Ryan Hinds
DB Terrence Klein

Key players graduating:

WR Mike Boyle
RB Robert Simpson
LB Matt Parent
DB/KR John Clements
PK/P Tom Bishop

This is just off the top of my head. I admit I don't know much about the lineman, so someone fill in the blanks for me there and elsewhere.

Ricky Santos and David Ball came out of nowhere in 2004. Who is going to step up on 2009?

Big Dawg
December 20th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Key Players returning
QB Curtis Pulley
RB's Philip Sylvester, Demetric Henry, and Levonte Page(yes a 3 man rushing attack)
WR's Kevin Elliot, Issac West, and Javares Knight
The O-line is pretty much still the same minus one player I believe
CB's Qier Hall and Curtis Holcomb
LB Bryan Parker
DE Cameron Houston
KR/PR/DB Leroy Vann

We really will only lose 2 starters from the 2008 team.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Key players returning:
QB Matt Nichols (Jr.)
WR Aaron Boyce (Jr.)
WR Brynsen Brown (Jr.)
WR Tony Davis (Jr.)
TE Nathan Overbay (Jr.)
DB Matt Johnson (Fr.)
LB Zach Johnson (Fr.)
DT Renard Williams (True Fr.)

Key Players Lost:
DE Greg Peach
DT Jason Belford
FB Alexis Alexander
RB A.J. Jimmerson
RB Dale Morris
RB Toke Kefu
DB Ryan Kelly
DE Lance Witherspoon
C Charlie Wulff

Other than our center Charlie Wulff, our entire line will be back with a year under their belts, which I think will help a ton in getting Matt some better protection and more time in the pocket to do what he does best... pass. That and hopefully all the kinks will be worked out between players/new coaches/playbook.

Although Peach (and Belford) will be huge losses on D, I'm really excited about true freshman Renard Williams. At 6-2 and 300lbs, he had a great first season (a lot better than Peach's true freshman year): 16 solo, 11 assisted, 7.5 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 QBH, and a blocked kick... and he's only going to get better. He wasn't talked about much this year, but I see a ton of potential... he'll play in the NFL after EWU, mark my words.

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Tribe loses....

QB Jake Phillips
WR Elliott Mack
OC Luke Hiteshew
OG Michael Grant
LB Josh Rutter
LB Mike Pigram
CB Derek Cox

Staying....

RB Jonathan Grimes
FB Terrence Riggins
WR DJ McAulay
WR Chase Hill
TE Rob Varno
OT Jake Marcey
OT Keith Hill
OG CJ Muse
P David Miller
K Brian Pate
DE Adrian Tracy
DE CJ Herbert
DT Sean Lissemore
DT Harold Robertson
LB Jake Trantin
LB Evan Francks
CB Terrell Wells
S David Caldwell
S Mike Alvarado

Expected to step up...

QB RJ Archer
WR CJ Thomas / Ryan Moody
OG Derek Toon
OC Tyler Miller
LB Jabrel Mines / TJ Ptachick
CB BW Webb

Phoenix87
December 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Elon Phoenix

(Starters Return)

(10) Offense

(1) Quarterback: Everyone returns, return JR Scott Riddle.

(1) Runningback: Lose our starting FB Tim Applegate, return JR Brandon Newsome and stable of runningbacks behind him.

(2) Wide Receiver: Lose 1, slot receiver Bo Williamson, return SR Terrell Hudgins, JR Sean Jeffcoat, JR Lance Camp.

(6) O-Line/TE: Everyone returns, return SR Dave Harrison, JR John Rubertone, SR Jeff Allen, SR Chris Werden, SR Corey O'Shea and TE SR Matt Leddy

(11) Defense

(4) DT/DE: Lose 1 SR, DE Tim Happer, return at DT SR Eric Ludwig, JR David Hunt and DE JR Jordan Gibson, JR Brandon Ward. Our D-line was by committee so even though our four "starters" return, I would say we actually had 6-8 different D-line starters that rotated in and out depending on what formation we opened up with on defense.

(3) Linebackers: Lose 3 SR, Corey Weaver, Brandon Cambell and Daronce Daniels, return JR Lionel Shoffner, JR Brandon Wiggins, SO Joshua Jones.

(2) Corner Backs: Everyone returns, SR Karlos Sullivan, JR Terell Wilson.

(2) Safeties: Everyone returns, SR Cameron McGlenn, SR Nolan Ward, SR Walker White, SO Andrew Straus. Rotated safeties throughout the season because of different formations and injuries.

(0) Special Teams: Lose All American K Andrew Wilcox and All SoCon P Brandon Lane, HUGE LOSSES. No one in line to take over, or at least no one that has proved themselves. Hopefully fill holes during recruiting in the offseason.

In 2007 the Phoenix Offense dominated but the Defense was still young.
In 2008 with a majority of the team back the Defense pulled things together and proved they were ready to play for a Championship, BUT the offense never got things going with a new O-Coordinator at the helm, since our former Coordinator Warren Ruggiero took a job at Kansas State.
In 2009 if Coach Lembo can find an Offensive Coordinator to lead the offense again, look out. With almost the entire Offense and Defense returning they could be very dangerous. Rumors have it that he is going after Ruggiero again. IF he can bring him back, I think the Phoenix will be a top 5 team. IF they can't get him back, than it all depends on who Lembo can get a hold of to put a spark in to the offense again.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Now that 2008 is officially in the books, let's talk about how our teams look for 2009.

UNH

Key players returning:

QB RJ Toman
TE Scott Sicko
RB Chad Kackert
LB Dino Vasso
LB Sean Ware
DB Ryan Hinds
DB Terrence Klein

Key players graduating:

WR Mike Boyle
RB Robert Simpson
LB Matt Parent
DB/KR John Clements
PK/P Tom Bishop

This is just off the top of my head. I admit I don't know much about the lineman, so someone fill in the blanks for me there and elsewhere.

Ricky Santos and David Ball came out of nowhere in 2004. Who is going to step up on 2009?

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

PhoenixPhan06
December 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Elon Phoenix

(Starters Return)

(10) Offense

(1) Quarterback: Everyone returns, return JR Scott Riddle.

(1) Runningback: Lose our starting FB Tim Applegate, return JR Brandon Newsome and stable of runningbacks behind him.

(2) Wide Receiver: Lose 1, slot receiver Bo Williamson, return SR Terrell Hudgins, JR Sean Jeffcoat, JR Lance Camp.

(6) O-Line/TE: Everyone returns, return SR Dave Harrison, JR John Rubertone, SR Jeff Allen, SR Chris Werden, SR Corey O'Shea and TE SR Matt Leddy

(11) Defense

(4) DT/DE: Lose 1 SR, DE Tim Happer, return at DT SR Eric Ludwig, JR David Hunt and DE JR Jordan Gibson, JR Brandon Ward. Our D-line was by committee so even though our four "starters" return, I would say we actually had 6-8 different D-line starters that rotated in and out depending on what formation we opened up with on defense.

(3) Linebackers: Lose 3 SR, Corey Weaver, Brandon Cambell and Daronce Daniels, return JR Lionel Shoffner, JR Brandon Wiggins, SO Joshua Jones.

(2) Corner Backs: Everyone returns, SR Karlos Sullivan, JR Terell Wilson.

(2) Safeties: Everyone returns, SR Cameron McGlenn, SR Nolan Ward, SR Walker White, SO Andrew Straus. Rotated safeties throughout the season because of different formations and injuries.

(0) Special Teams: Lose All American K Andrew Wilcox and All SoCon P Brandon Lane, HUGE LOSSES. No one in line to take over, or at least no one that has proved themselves. Hopefully fill holes during recruiting in the offseason.

In 2007 the Phoenix Offense dominated but the Defense was still young.
In 2008 with a majority of the team back the Defense pulled things together and proved they were ready to play for a Championship, BUT the offense never got things going with a new O-Coordinator at the helm, since our former Coordinator Warren Ruggiero took a job at Kansas State.
In 2009 if Coach Lembo can find an Offensive Coordinator to lead the offense again, look out. With almost the entire Offense and Defense returning they could be very dangerous. Rumors have it that he is going after Ruggiero again. IF he can bring him back, I think the Phoenix will be a top 5 team. IF they can't get him back, than it all depends on who Lembo can get a hold of to put a spark in to the offense again.

Is it August yet? EU.... YOU KNOW!!

eaglewithabus
December 22nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Our key loss is on the defensive side of the ball with Chris Covington leaving, hopefully some of our young linebackers will step up in his absence. I think JB Shippy has the opportunity to be as big of a play maker as Covington was. On offense we lose Tim Camp and Raja Andrews who were our two biggest receiving threats. We also had a couple of freshman receivers quit the team. I am hoping for a couple of recruits to come in and make an immediate impact. Either way one of our qb's Antonio Henton or Lee Chapple will have a lot riding on their shoulders next season.

Eaglesrus
December 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Our key loss is on the defensive side of the ball with Chris Covington leaving, hopefully some of our young linebackers will step up in his absence. I think JB Shippy has the opportunity to be as big of a play maker as Covington was. On offense we lose Tim Camp and Raja Andrews who were our two biggest receiving threats. We also had a couple of freshman receivers quit the team. I am hoping for a couple of recruits to come in and make an immediate impact. Either way one of our qb's Antonio Henton or Lee Chapple will have a lot riding on their shoulders next season.

No question in my mind that Covington is our biggest loss, but we lose Larry Beard, Dakota Walker, Quentin Taylor and Damon Suggs on that side of the ball as well, so a number of guys will need to step up on defense. Losing Dio Herrara from the offensive line is significant as well, in my opinion.

JMU Newbill
December 22nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
For JMU.... obviously the biggest question will be can Drew Dudzik step in and fill the shoes of Rodney Landers. Judging from his performance in the playoffs, I'm optimistic!!!!!!

We are going to have a lot of young players filling important spots this year. Should be interesting!

phoenixphanatic21
December 22nd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Is it August yet? EU.... YOU KNOW!!

Almost. Just a mere 8 months to go.....xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

On the bright side, we do have basketball now and baseball starts in less than 2 months.

PhoenixPhan06
December 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM

On the bright side, we do have basketball now and baseball starts in less than 2 months.

Yeah, any idea on how long Spradlin will be out?

ur2k
December 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
From the Champs (I really like the sound of that):

Starters lost: RB Josh Vaughan, DE Lawrence Sidbury, DE Sherman
Logan, FB John Crone, TE Joe Stewart, TE Joe Monteverde, OL Evan Lehner

Starters returning: QB Eric Ward, WR Kevin Grayson, WR Tre Grey, LB Eric
McBride, CB/KR Justin Rogers, CB/PR Derek Hatcher, K Andrew
Howard, OL Matt McCracken, OL Michael Silva, DT Martin Parker,
DT Parker Miles, LB Patrick Weldon, LB Collin McGonaghy, CB David
Horton, S Michael Ireland, P Brian Radford, OL Jared Decker,
OL Drew Lachenmayer, WR Jordan Mitchell.

phoenixphanatic21
December 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, any idea on how long Spradlin will be out?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything. If you hear anything, let me know. Hopefully he won't be gone too long.

MplsBison
December 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Our most significant loss will be Free Saftey and OLB where we lost three extremely good defenders.

We do have plenty of LB but replacing our FS is going to be tough.

UCABEARS75
December 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
If you just look at numbers we will be in great shape with 16 returning starters and probably 35 returning on the two deep.

If you look a little closer, two of our losses are glaring:

QB Nathan Brown; 4 yrs starter, SLC Player of the Year, Walter Payton Finalist, invited to NFL Combine.

TE Marquez Branson; 2 yr starter, First Team All SLC, invited to NFL Combine.

We have tons of talent coming back, in particular on defense but the key will be getting winning play from someone at QB.

eaglewithabus
December 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
No question in my mind that Covington is our biggest loss, but we lose Larry Beard, Dakota Walker, Quentin Taylor and Damon Suggs on that side of the ball as well, so a number of guys will need to step up on defense. Losing Dio Herrara from the offensive line is significant as well, in my opinion.

I hope that Kerry Bonds can come in and fill Dakota Walkers spot although those are very tall orders. Dio is a big loss, but hopefully Dunmon will step up as a leader and get the young guys working well together.

blueballs
December 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I hope that Kerry Bonds can come in and fill Dakota Walkers spot although those are very tall orders. Dio is a big loss, but hopefully Dunmon will step up as a leader and get the young guys working well together.

Kerry Bonds & Brent Russell will return from injury to help on the DL. Jared Flowers and Chris Gray will be eligible and GSU redshirted another handful of OL. Hopefully that will do the trick...

...but it wouldn't surprise me to see Loving move back to DL if the new OL players work out okay.

jstate83
December 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Don't care what happens.
As long as this guy is our OC, we ain't gonna do shat.
Everything start's by taking away here:

James Woody
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/jast/sports/genrel/auto_headshot/1260978.jpeg

Then COMEGY need to recruit some BIG RUNNING BACK's from Jackson/Mississippi in general.
(Leave these little 5'7" rb's from Ohio and Pennsylvania where they are)

Recruit some HIGHSCHOOL QB's that will be in this program 4 years instead of 1-1/2 years for a JUCO.
Lineman across the board.

Grizaholic17
December 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Colt Anderson, Cole Bergquist,Mike Ferriter, Colin Dow, J.D. Quinn, and a couple defensive lineman are the significant losses for the griz. There will be a QB battle between Larson and Selle, and the Line will shift a little bit, but we'll have some big hogs in there including most likely a 6'5" 315 lb guard named Charles Burton.

Look for our Defensive line to be an area of interest for the coaches with Ryan Fetherston most likey having to step up.

Our corners will just be better with most of our backfield beside Colt staying.

Of course Reynolds and Mariani coming back, adding to an already promising offense next year for the Griz.

Greatest Strength: Skill positions.
Greatest Weakness: Defensive Line
Greatest Concern: QB position.

ElonPride
December 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM

Ah yes, our dominant sport....baseball!!!!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread......

TXST_CAT
December 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
With TXST finally breaking the top 25 for 2008 I look forward to us defending our SLC Title in 2009 with an even better performance. Why well for starters
we lose only 17 Srs. Of those 8 are on offense 5 starters, 8 on Defense 6 starters and our place kicker on Special teams.

OFFENSE
Key loses on offense are WR-Cam Luke, RB-Stan Zwinggi, TE-Gilley, FB- Burton, and C-Bowen.

Key Returners QB-Bradley George, RBs-Bush and Canady, Slots Mishak Rivas and EJ Leblanc, and WR-Darren Dillard.

New names to look out for would be Joe Chaisson who was recruited to Arkansas before decided to transfer to TXST just before the season started. He played some WR for us but could possibly move to QB to challenge George for the starting spot. Also in the mix is Tim Hawkins. Hawkins and Chaisson are both dual threat QBs with good speed and strong arms. Coach Wright has already been talking about playing a Dual threat QB who reminds him of former TXST great Barick Neally.
Look for Daniel Bernard 6-3 320 to step on the field. Recruited out of Calif as a Frehman he was ranked as a 3 star by rivals and has been dieing to get his chance to open up some holes for our three headed monster.

DEFENSE
Key loses DT-Ray PArker, NT- Deshield, REs- King, Quakenbush and Paige, SLB-Smith, FS-Williams, FCB-Crosby

Key Returners- BE- Houston, DT-Eshraghipour, NT- Hood, CBs- Thompson and Lopez, SS-Hampton and MLB-Joe Bell.

New Names on defense
A couple of DBs Jason McLean and Darryl Morris will also challenge for starting time as our secondary started as one of our weaknesses but slowly adapted to out DCs 4-3 defense. Recruited for their speed I expect these players to get their opportunity to shine early in the season. With some needed depth on the D-Line Rawlston Dews 6'1" 340 will help but I se this being the highest priority this recruiting season. There are several Freshmen who will be looking to fill the void at RE.

phoenixphanatic21
December 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Ah yes, our dominant sport....baseball!!!!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread......

It's fine. What could be better than to talking baseball on a football board?

andy7171
December 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Who's leaving? Oh just our all time best quarterback and entire coaching staff. Other than that were set. xsmhx

McNeese75
December 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
With TXST finally breaking the top 25 for 2008 I look forward to us defending our SLC Title in 2009 with an even better performance. Why well for startersRB-
we lose only 17 Srs. Of those 8 are on offense 5 starters, 8 on Defense 6 starters and our place kicker on Special teams.

OFFENSE
Key loses on offense are WR-Cam Luke, Stan Zwinggi, TE-Gilley, FB- Burton, and C-Bowen.

Key Returners QB-Bradley George, RBs-Bush and Canady, Slots Mishak Rivas and EJ Leblanc, and WR-Darren Dillard.

New names to look out for would be Joe Chaisson who was recruited to Arkansas before decided to transfer to TXST just before the season started. He played some WR for us but could possibly move to QB to challenge George for the starting spot. Also in the mix is Tim Hawkins. Hawkins and Chaisson are both dual threat QBs with good speed and strong arms. Coach Wright has already been talking about playing a Dual threat QB who reminds him of former TXST great Barick Neally.
Look for Daniel Bernard 6-3 320 to step on the field. Recruited out of Calif as a Frehman he was ranked as a 3 star by rivals and has been dieing to get his chance to open up some holes for our three headed monster.

DEFENSE
Key loses DT-Ray PArker, NT- Deshield, REs- King, Quakenbush and Paige, SLB-Smith, FS-Williams, FCB-Crosby

Key Returners- BE- Houston, DT-Eshraghipour, NT- Hood, CBs- Thompson and Lopez, SS-Hampton and MLB-Joe Bell.

New Names on defense
A couple of DBs Jason McLean and Darryl Morris will also challenge for starting time as our secondary started as one of our weaknesses but slowly adapted to out DCs 4-3 defense. Recruited for their speed I expect these players to get their opportunity to shine early in the season. With some needed depth on the D-Line Rawlston Dews 6'1" 340 will help but I se this being the highest priority this recruiting season. There are several Freshmen who will be looking to fill the void at RE.

Are you sure about Zwinggi? I could have sworn he was in the same class as Pendland and would be a senior next year.xconfusedx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 23rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
For JMU.... obviously the biggest question will be can Drew Dudzik step in and fill the shoes of Rodney Landers. Judging from his performance in the playoffs, I'm optimistic!!!!!!

We are going to have a lot of young players filling important spots this year. Should be interesting!

How many starters does JMU lose on the Offensive and Defensive lines from this year?

Bobcat94
December 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Stan was a senior this year.:(

JMU2004
December 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
How many starters does JMU lose on the Offensive and Defensive lines from this year?

OL - We lose Apted (OT) and Lemm (C). 2 excellent linemen.

Dl - Abdul-Wahid (DE)

The lines are deep with talent, but Lemm is a huge loss. He NEVER got beat!

Tribe4SF
December 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
OL - We lose Apted (OT) and Lemm (C). 2 excellent linemen.

Dl - Abdul-Wahid (DE)

The lines are deep with talent, but Lemm is a huge loss. He NEVER got beat!

The other big loss for the Dukes is in the secondary, with Haywood, McCollough and Ramsey all graduating.

JMU2004
December 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
The other big loss for the Dukes is in the secondary, with Haywood, McCollough and Ramsey all graduating.

Haywood and McCollough are big. Ramsey was a weak link this year....he was solid, but not great. Maybe it was teams avoiding McCollough , but teams seemed to pick on Ramsey.

Mcgee, Cuffee, Pat Williams, and Griffin will likely be starters. All have started, and all look good. Cuffee is the question mark, but he certainly is talented.

We'll need them to play well to slow Archer and the Tribe down next year.

McNeese75
December 23rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Stan was a senior this year.:(

Sorry for your loss xwhistlex

:D JK, you still have a stud in KB.

mtgrizfan4life
December 23rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
QB- Selle has been groomed for the position. He is a very good pocket passer. However, it will be a 3 way battle for the position. Larson is a good athlete and better runner than Selle. The wildcard in this will be redshirt Freshman, Gerald Kemp. He is the one I am highest on. The GRIZ need his athleticism and speed (4.4's) on the field. He chose the GRIZ to get a chance at QB. He was more of an option QB in HS, but he does have the arm strength, and from what I have seen accuracy is not too far from being there. He is the one I am highest on, but may be a year away still.

RB- Reynolds should get a LEX like back with him next year. Dan Moore should be able to finally put on the pads. He was projected to start this past year as a True Freshman, but there were some transcript eligibility issues, which kept him off the field

WR- Mariani returns, look for Palmer, Kaz, Sambrano to all step in just fine with the loss of Ferriter and Schulte.

TE- Beaudin, Pfaler, and Overton all return. I expect them to be implement ed more into the offense next year, and with the loss of 3 NFL caliber offensive lineman, they will see more PT to help block.

OL- Granted we have 4 guys with plenty of experience returning and alot of Sophomores to battle it out for playing time. I feel there will be along transition period next year. In the FCS it is not easy to replace 3 NFL caliber lineman. If this group struggles, the GRIZ will have to go to more of quick hitting passing game, and go with Larson or Kemp at QB. \

DE- Palmer will be the leader. I too expect Fetherson to be the guy to surface. He will be better than Stadnyk in my opinion. Also expect Severin Campbell to beef up some. He supposedly has better than 4.5 speed, but is undersized. I want to see him at LB myself.

DT: Everyone returns, but the key is a healthy Carson Bender. This guy is a freak of an athlete for DT. Everyone outside of Montana will know who Bender is in 09!

LB: Lebsock and Fisher return, Puelluer, Bauer, and Shaw will figure in the mix. With that said though, my dark horse that I feel will be the best of the bunch will be McSurdy.

CB: Trumaine Johnson will be our #1 or if other WR struggle may be moved back to WR (he was heavily recruited by bigger schools for WR). Andrew Swink and Keith Thompson will be SR's. They were very solid this year, and will only be better in 09. I also hope Ciarre Campbell is granted another the year. Haynes, Lisowski, and McCord all played this year as Freshman. Basically we are loaded here. Personally, Lisowski stood out for me. However, I feel his ideal position is Safety.

Safety: Schillinger is back, and has All American talent. Stoll was part of a 3 man safety rotation this year, and more than ready to step in for Anderson. Stoll started as a true Freshman for Idaho State. He wil be another good one for us. The 3rd saftey position will come down to Tim Anderson, Lisowski (I think the GRIZ move him here), and McCord. Once again we are very good at Safety.

Punter: Ken Wood, was inconsistent this year. I feel the postion is secure though.

Kicker: I am one of the few GRIZ fans believing we have our man in Brody McKnight. He was a freshman this year, and needs to work hard on getting elevation on kicks. The weight room will take care of his kickoffs.

Returners: Mariani is All American type, but personally I hope we only use him when games are on the line in that capacity. He and Reynolds are too key to our offense to take our chances. Sambrano returned some this year, but seemed to struggle. He may just need experience. If Ciare Campbell comes back healthy, he may see some time there too. Then again Cady, Gratton, and KAZ are capable too. It will be an interesting battle other than Mariani.

Keys for the next year will be Benders healthy, OL development, and QB play.

Ronbo
December 25th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Gerald Kemp could take the QB position by mid season. He is in the mold of Edwards and Landers. Was recruited by Utah, Boise State, Idaho, Colorado State, UNLV, New Mexico. But he wanted to play QB, kind of like the Edwards story.

Here is a clip of him. #10, 6'2", 190 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgN7mMgIJE

Grizalltheway
December 25th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Gerald Kemp could take the QB position by mid season. He is in the mold of Edwards and Landers. Was recruited by Utah, Boise State, Idaho, Colorado State, UNLV, New Mexico. But he wanted to play QB, kind of like the Edwards story.

Here is a clip of him. #10, 6'2", 190 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgN7mMgIJE

I like Selle a lot, and think he could become a great pocket passer, but I also can't help salivating at the thought of a two-pronged rushing threat with Kemp and Reynolds. We'll see how it pans out.

UNCBears2010
December 26th, 2008, 12:16 AM
UNC's Key Losses:
RB David Woods
TE Ryan Chesla
WR Cory Fauver
WR Jason Caprioli
OL Jacob Thornbrue
OL Eric Christensen
LB Christian Sarmento
LB Joe Kenney
LB Trey Keene
CB Myles Hayes
CB/KR Eric Brown

Key Returners:
QB Bryan Waggener
RB DC Wilson
WR Alex Thompson
WR Brandon Smith
OL Tim McGraw
OL Chris Jones
OL Ryan Kemp
The Entire Defensive Line
LB Logan Zabel
CB Quincy Wofford
S Max Hewitt
S Stephen Michon
The Coaching Staff xmadx

Exxpected to Step Up:
RB Andy Muns
TE Andrew Emmerling
WR Dominic Gunn
OL Andrew Dunkley
LB Matt King
CB Chuks Nweke

CatMom07
December 26th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Actually we lost at least 18, though I thought it was 19. Who'd you forget?

Offense
Center - Jeff Bowen
FB - Blake Burton
RB - Stan Zwinggi
TE - John Gilley
WR - Cameron Luke
WR - Adrian Thomas
WR - Corey Hickerson
QB - Clint Toon
Defense
LB - Jarvis Coleman
LB - Coutney Smith
DB - Morris Crosby
DL - Wellington DeShield
DL - Ray Parker III
DL - Brian Quackenbush
DE - Donovan King
DE - Freddy Paige
S - Jamal Williams
Our PK
Andrew Ireland

Husband took pics on Senior Day. I'll have to check.

CatMom07
December 26th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Ok, I found # 19

DB - Michael Rutledge

Ivytalk
December 26th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Harvard's biggest chore will be replacing all-Ivy standout Chris Pizzotti at QB. Chris guided the team to back-to-back Ivy titles, and he was a strong and accurate passer.

utcfan
December 26th, 2008, 08:33 AM
UTC replaced coaching staff--hopefully we will see improvement in the overall program and more specifically on the field in being competative and winning a few gaemes in 2009.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 26th, 2008, 12:21 PM
UNC's Key Losses:
RB David Woods
TE Ryan Chesla
WR Cory Fauver
WR Jason Caprioli
OL Jacob Thornbrue
OL Eric Christensen
LB Christian Sarmento
LB Joe Kenney
LB Trey Keene
CB Myles Hayes
CB/KR Eric Brown

Key Returners:
QB Bryan Waggener
RB DC Wilson
WR Alex Thompson
WR Brandon Smith
OL Tim McGraw
OL Chris Jones
OL Ryan Kemp
The Entire Defensive Line
LB Logan Zabel
CB Quincy Wofford
S Max Hewitt
S Stephen Michon
The Coaching Staff xmadx

Exxpected to Step Up:
The Coaching Staff

There you go. That looks better. xthumbsupx

Hoseinexile07
December 26th, 2008, 01:14 PM
We're in a world of hurt. Our defense sucked from this past season, but there were excellent individual players. Unfortunately, most of them are graduating, including three All-Conference performers: LB Antwan Thomas, CB Anthony McKnight, and DE Adam McKinney.

Special teams is going to suffer. Our current place kicker, Cam Miller, can't hit the broad side of a barn, so he's gonna have to step up his game. Our excellent punter [and my fraternity brother], Bryson Summers is graduating, so he'll leave big cleats to fill.

Offensively, we're shaky. WRs Terrence Butler, Chetyuane Reeder, and Brandon Clark are all gone. RB S.J. Worrell was dismissed from the team, and George Mathis, also a RB is graduating. That leaves Mario Carter, a redshirt sophomore by next season, to fill his shoes. At QB, Tim Webb is graduating, but this is where our little light shines in the darnkness. Brandon Miley, already known as the heir apparent, has had time this season to get his feet wet and accustomed to the level of play after Tim went out for the season with an ankle injury. He'll be ready to hit the ground running, and after a spring season, should have most of his kinks worked out.

Bobby Bentley is also staying for a third season at the head coacing position. I think he'd be under a lot of pressure. By the start of your third season you should be ready to make some waves, so we'll see what he'll do. Perhaps BUY a viable defensive scheme.

All in all, I'm not all that optimistic about our chances for this coming season. Youth and lack of depth might really bite us hard.

ericsaid
December 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Since all other App fans seemed to have vanished.

Starters lost:
Pierre Banks-LB
T.J. Courman-WR
Jon Beichki-OL
Brad Coley-OL

Returning Starters:(*-returning from injury)
Armanti Edwards
*Devon Moore-RB
Devin Radford-RB
Robert Welton-RB
Josh Jackson-RB
Brian Quick-WR
B.J. Frazier-WR
Josh Johnson-WR
Coco Hillary-WR
Matt Cline-WR
Brett Ervin-C
Mario Acitelli-OL
Daniel Kilgore-OL
Ben Jorden-TE
Brad Hardee-TE

Offensive players expected to step up:
Rod Chisholm-RB-rFr(42 TD's and 2,900 yards rushing senior year)
Chris Marshall-OL-On two deep almost all season.)

Starters Returning on Defense(*-From Injury):
DE-Jabari Fletcher, *Tony Roberston, Lanston Tanyi, Quavian Lewis
DT-Anthony Williams, *-Gary Tharrington(Possibly if eligable again), Malcolm Bennett
LB-Jaque Roman, D.J. Smith
CB-Dominique McDuffie*, Ed Gainey, Cortez Gilbert
Safety-Travis Dowda, Mark Legree

Expected to step up:
Demery Brewer-LB
Ingram Bell-S
Richard Long-LB

K-Jason Vitaris
P-????

Should be another great year.xrotatehx

Ronbo
December 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Excuse me Eric, how in the world do you return 4 starting RB's, 5 WR's, and 2 TE's.

The Offense has 5 down linemen and a QB, that leaves 5 spots for RB's, WR's, and a TE.

The way you list your returning Offensive starters you would have 17 guys on the field. xlolx

I'm assuming you are listing returning two deep there.

ericsaid
December 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Excuse me Eric, how in the world do you return 4 starting RB's, 5 WR's, and 2 TE's.

The Offense has 5 down linemen and a QB, that leaves 5 spots for RB's, WR's, and a TE.

The way you list your returning Offensive starters you would have 17 guys on the field. xlolx

Because the starting line up was rarely the same from week to week and runningbacks were hurt every week and that's just really all the possibilities for the starting line up.

Thanks

McNeese75
December 26th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Because the starting line up was rarely the same from week to week and runningbacks were hurt every week and that's just really all the possibilities for the starting line up.

Thanks

xrolleyesx Sounds like 2 deep to me

Reign of Terrier
December 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM

So that's how we lost to App!:D

813Jag
December 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM

And the refs never caught them? xlolx

Cocky
December 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
JSU will lose offensive starters:
RG Al Jefferson
RT Kieth Gergel
FL Maurice Dupree
TB Daniel Jackson

JSU will lose defensive starters:
OLB Marquise Elston
Saf Kenny Walker

JSU will lose special team starters:
KR/PR Maurice Dupree
K Gavin Hallford
P Zach Walden

Jerbearasu
December 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
xrolleyesx Sounds like 2 deep to me

Eric may have gone a little heavy on WRs but with RB it is tough to tell who is going to be the starter. DMoore was the starter last year but he was put on Med-RS after the JMU game and he really hadn't been performing all that well up to that point. Then Robert Welton stepped in and did pretty good but he is better as a 1-2 punch with Devon Radford. One as the pounder, one as the speedster...

I think the biggest losses are the two OT. The past few years we have not recruited many OL and it seems like year after year we are losing All-Americans off that line. This year it was Bieschke and possibly (outside chance) Coley, last year it was Brown, Suttle and Holt, 06 it was Isenhour... I don't know how deep they are on the O-line but I know they need a few good recruits in the next two months to help out.

As far as other starters App does not lose much. Everyone knows Banks and we also lose safeties Leonard Love (who was hurt most of the year) and Billy Riddle who didn't start but played a big role in last year's team. The only other loss was Neil Young who was our punter but he started to have the shanks last year more than any other year...

813Jag
December 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Southern U.
Returning Starters

Offense
QB - Bryant Lee, RS Sr.
WR- Juamorris Stewart, Sr.
WR - Corderious Gregory, RS Jr.
WR - Clevan White, RS Sr.
Right now seems like 4 starters to return, but I'm not sure if any seniors regained elgibility by graduating on time.

Defense
LE - Don Holloway, Sr.
DLB - Gary Chatman, Sr.
ELB - Allen Baugh, Sr.
FS - Anthony Wells, Sr.

Specialist
K/P - Josh Duran, Jr.

Other players expected to contribute in '09
RB - Brian Threat
RB - Silas Gibbs
WR - Curry Allen
WR -Isaiah Nelson
Not going to single out anybody on Defense, who ever steps into a starting role has to step up to increase production. I was disappointed in the Defense this season.

bpcats
December 28th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Losing on offense:
RB - Crawford - one of the best rushers MSU had in a long time.
OL - Verlanic and Saucedo -lose starting center and left tackle
TE - Bostick = was our best TE
WR - lose 4 starters but not any superstars

Losing on defense:
MLB - Daly - our all american middle linebacker
DL = Kolone, Bartch = losing Kolone hurts when he was healthy he was a force
CB - Lewis = lose our physical corner who was 2nd team all Big Sky

Returnng on offense:
The Cats will be strong on the offensive line. Terrien manned the center position for half the season without any drop off due to injuries. We get back our starting left tackle from the 2007 season so we should be good there.

At running back we bring back Mason who is solid but not Crawford. We also have a running back with a lot of speed in freshman Evans but I don't know how good he will be. Our thumper Palmer should be one year wiser after starting last year as a freshman.

At TE - we are set though none may be the combination blocker/receiver that Bostick was

At WR - our best wide receiver was a freshman but he will be coming off of several surgeries. A transfer from Oregon should help out with some much needed speed. Coach Ash is focusing recruiting on the receiver position and will probably start several freshman next year.

At Qb - we have three quarterbacks who will battle it all out again. Which means we don't have any quarterbacks.

On Defense:
Due to the obscene amount of injuries that occured we have to replace 1 middle linebacker, one defensive tackle, one starting corner. We may shift one of safeties back to starting corner next year. We are set on the defensive side of the ball.

We return our kicker and punter for another year.

Outlook: We must survive Michigan State game. We need either Kempt, Iddins or Desin to solidify the qb position in a hurry and our receivers to be dynamite for the Cats to push for a playoff spot. Our defense will again be a strength for us and keep us in a bunch of games. Should finish with a winning record again.

Canyoncat
December 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Losing on offense:
RB - Crawford - one of the best rushers MSU had in a long time.
OL - Verlanic and Saucedo -lose starting center and left tackle
TE - Bostick = was our best TE
WR - lose 4 starters but not any superstars

Losing on defense:
MLB - Daly - our all american middle linebacker
DL = Kolone, Bartch = losing Kolone hurts when he was healthy he was a force
CB - Lewis = lose our physical corner who was 2nd team all Big Sky

Returnng on offense:
The Cats will be strong on the offensive line. Terrien manned the center position for half the season without any drop off due to injuries. We get back our starting left tackle from the 2007 season so we should be good there.

At running back we bring back Mason who is solid but not Crawford. We also have a running back with a lot of speed in freshman Evans but I don't know how good he will be. Our thumper Palmer should be one year wiser after starting last year as a freshman.

At TE - we are set though none may be the combination blocker/receiver that Bostick was

At WR - our best wide receiver was a freshman but he will be coming off of several surgeries. A transfer from Oregon should help out with some much needed speed. Coach Ash is focusing recruiting on the receiver position and will probably start several freshman next year.

At Qb - we have three quarterbacks who will battle it all out again. Which means we don't have any quarterbacks.

On Defense:
Due to the obscene amount of injuries that occured we have to replace 1 middle linebacker, one defensive tackle, one starting corner. We may shift one of safeties back to starting corner next year. We are set on the defensive side of the ball.

We return our kicker and punter for another year.

Outlook: We must survive Michigan State game. We need either Kempt, Iddins or Desin to solidify the qb position in a hurry and our receivers to be dynamite for the Cats to push for a playoff spot. Our defense will again be a strength for us and keep us in a bunch of games. Should finish with a winning record again.

Good analysis BP. Only thing I would add is the young depth being developed on the O-Line. I think we are going to have some real thumpers coming up on the O-Line.

Skjellyfetti
December 29th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Question for Ronbo... who would you consider Appalachian's starting running back last year?