PDA

View Full Version : Completely Embarrassing

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Congratulations to the University of Richmond. Great team and great win. You destroyed us. I don't care how my fellow Griz fans try to spin it, that was just plain horrible to watch. Although, it was really nice to see all of the Griz fans there. Great tailgating before the game! We easily have the best following in the FCS. Sorry that most of you spent a lot of time and money and traveled as far as you did to watch that poor display. I've been to all four title games that the Griz have played in Chattanooga, often carrying a large contingent of friends who didn't go to school at UM. But, because they are friends, they sit in the bleachers with me and cheer on my Alma Mater. And the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. I only live an hour from Chatty and I doubt that I would be traveling back there again next year if the Griz made it to the title game. It was that bad. There were some really questionable calls by the Griz coaching staff, but at some point the players have to be men and get it done.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Was that you or your party with the "Georgia Peaches love the Griz" sign on TV??

UNH SUPERFAN
December 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I was very surprised that Montana abandoned the run after getting down 2 scores. In my opinion they went totally away from their running game which is their obvious strength. Instead of putting together a long time consuming scoring drive they seem to want to go for a quicker strike but in the end all they did was give Richmond the ball. Maybe they noticed a weakness in the Richmond pass defense they wanted to exploit. I'm impressed with this Reynolds kid, he never, ever loses yards when he carries the ball. A good back that was never a factor in this game.

Of course, it's all easy from in front of the TV!!

Proud Griz Man
December 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Congratulations to the University of Richmond. Great team and great win. You destroyed us. I don't care how my fellow Griz fans try to spin it, that was just plain horrible to watch. Although, it was really nice to see all of the Griz fans there. Great tailgating before the game! We easily have the best following in the FCS. Sorry that most of you spent a lot of time and money and traveled as far as you did to watch that poor display. I've been to all four title games that the Griz have played in Chattanooga, often carrying a large contingent of friends who didn't go to school at UM. But, because they are friends, they sit in the bleachers with me and cheer on my Alma Mater. And the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. I only live an hour from Chatty and I doubt that I would be traveling back there again next year if the Griz made it to the title game. It was that bad. There were some really questionable calls by the Griz coaching staff, but at some point the players have to be men and get it done.

I am assuming that you are a little emotional after the loss, and will realize that an excellent Richmond team beat a very good Griz team last night. xcoolx
I think that you should know that the Griz coaches and players have only had 2-3 weeks at home with their families in 2008 and spent 11+ months preparing to get to Chattanooga. xnonox
The Griz did not play their best game, and all us fans are a little disappointed today. I would not criticize their efforts given that common pre-season expectations were around 7-5 or 8-4 and potentially missing the playoffs.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel it is way off base. I am not embarrassed. I pulled on a Griz shirt today.xnodx

McNeese75
December 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Let's see, earlier in the year the Griz were picked 3rd or 4th in the BSC and were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They proceed to beat a very good Cal Poly team and go through the schedule unscathed except for Weber who they then beat in the playoffs. They beat the #1 team in the country at their house. They play a less than perfect game against a very Hot UR team in the finals and lose. How may other FCS teams were still playing last week? I've been there and done that (2002) but NEVER EVER would I start whining about being embarrassed about playing in the NC game. Something tells me you are not quite a true Griz fan, well at least not like those I met in Missoula in 2006 or here in LC in 2002. xsmhx

GrizzlyBill
December 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM
. . . . the performance (or lack thereof) of the Griz keeps getting more and more embarassing. . . . at some point the players have to be men and get it done.

BULL S- - T!!

Got out-played. Nothing embarrassing about that. I am proud to be a Montana fan. Look at the Mariani catch on replay, and be embarrassed????

Bobby Hauck is not immune from making mistakes as a coach, but he rarely makes the same mistake twice. 2009 will be another good year, if BH is still here--and maybe if he is not.

Native
December 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I am assuming that you are a little emotional after the loss, and will realize that an excellent Richmond team beat a very good Griz team last night. xcoolx
I think that you should know that the Griz coaches and players have only had 2-3 weeks at home with their families in 2008 and spent 11+ months preparing to get to Chattanooga. xnonox
The Griz did not play their best game, and all us fans are a little disappointed today. I would not criticize their efforts given that common pre-season expectations were around 7-5 or 8-4 and potentially missing the playoffs.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel it is way off base. I am not embarrassed. I pulled on a Griz shirt today.xnodx

Two great teams! Congrats to Richmond for the victory!

Despite the miscues, the game was much better to watch and a little closer than the score would indicate.

xthumbsupx

BarefootApp
December 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Be proud of your overall program. I am of mine and we weren't in the NC game. 269 more days.

OB55
December 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
The Griz did not perform badly, they were simply outmatched by Richmond's team speed. By that I mean, in every position, especially in the offensive and defensive line play.

Speed kills, and it did so again last night.

cmaxwellgsu
December 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Nothing to be embarassed about. After you settle down a little, you'll be proud of the effort this year. There is no loss that stings like a NC game.

GATA
December 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM
The Griz did not perform badly, they were simply outmatched by Richmond's team speed. By that I mean, in every position, especially in the offensive and defensive line play.

Richmond doesn't look very fast to me...SIDBURY looked really fast and dominant...but that was about it. I think Richmond won the game because they have a beast at tailback and they fed him the ball all night. They also didn't turn the ball over. Richmond isn't the fastest team in the world though.

putter
December 20th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Colt Anderson quote "We picked a bad time to not show up"!

BEAR
December 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Like they say, "Pressure bursts the pipes." and that defense I saw laid the wood to the Griz. I think the Griz played badly because the Spiders played so good! The Griz QB couldn't get anything going because he was looking up from his back most of the time. Heck, even the Griz coach tried another QB to see if something else would work. That was a dominating performance by Richmond. The Griz did a good job of holding the Spiders in the second half, but it was too little too late by then. Montana should be proud to get there, so should Richmond. But the better team won that game. The better team brought it's defense and offense and used both for the win. xnodx

gbhmt
December 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Richmond doesn't look very fast to me...SIDBURY looked really fast and dominant...but that was about it. I think Richmond won the game because they have a beast at tailback and they fed him the ball all night. They also didn't turn the ball over. Richmond isn't the fastest team in the world though.

On that note, Montana had a beast at tailback and didn't feed him the ball at all...:(

Wolfman
December 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Like they say, "Pressure bursts the pipes." and that defense I saw laid the wood to the Griz. I think the Griz played badly because the Spiders played so good! The Griz QB couldn't get anything going because he was looking up from his back most of the time. Heck, even the Griz coach tried another QB to see if something else would work. That was a dominating performance by Richmond. The Griz did a good job of holding the Spiders in the second half, but it was too little too late by then. Montana should be proud to get there, so should Richmond. But the better team won that game. The better team brought it's defense and offense and used both for the win. xnodx

The Spiders were certainly the better team on Friday, especially when they knew that Montana had to pass almost every down to try to get back into it.

But, just like JMU could beat both Richmond, and Montana, in any given game, so could the others beat them. Football is a game of breaks, coaching adjustments, and momentum swings. Richmond had the MoJo in all three areas on Friday. The week before, Montana had it going against JMU.

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Was that you or your party with the "Georgia Peaches love the Griz" sign on TV??

Not us. But glad to hear that other Montana fans from Georgia cheered on my Alma Mater.

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I was very surprised that Montana abandoned the run after getting down 2 scores. In my opinion they went totally away from their running game which is their obvious strength. Instead of putting together a long time consuming scoring drive they seem to want to go for a quicker strike but in the end all they did was give Richmond the ball. Maybe they noticed a weakness in the Richmond pass defense they wanted to exploit. I'm impressed with this Reynolds kid, he never, ever loses yards when he carries the ball. A good back that was never a factor in this game.

Of course, it's all easy from in front of the TV!!

Reynolds is a great player. Worked harder on the field when he had the ball than any other player on the team. But, as talented and hard working as the kid is, Richmond was not giving up much on the ground or through the air.

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Those are just excuses. Our opponent had to spend an equal amount of time preparing and probably more time away from friends and family than our players did. If the Griz want to win a title again they are going to have to deal with those issues. I don't care what preseason expectations were. If you get to the title game after beating a very good JMU team you better at least keep it close. We were never in that game at all. And I'm OK with the fact that not all Griz fans are embarrassed today, but I sure am. I'm going to have to hear crap all day at work Monday.

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Let's see, earlier in the year the Griz were picked 3rd or 4th in the BSC and were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They proceed to beat a very good Cal Poly team and go through the schedule unscathed except for Weber who they then beat in the playoffs. They beat the #1 team in the country at their house. They play a less than perfect game against a very Hot UR team in the finals and lose. How may other FCS teams were still playing last week? I've been there and done that (2002) but NEVER EVER would I start whining about being embarrassed about playing in the NC game. Something tells me you are not quite a true Griz fan, well at least not like those I met in Missoula in 2006 or here in LC in 2002. xsmhx

You gotta just love it when someone questions your fan-hood.xlolx I'm a fan of Atlanta sports teams so I've had to deal with it for a long time. I didn't say I was embarrassed by the overall success of the season, but I was definitely embarrassed last night. I think if a Griz fan wasn't a little embarrassed by last night's performance, they may not be a true fan. Heck, I bet a majority of the Griz players were embarrassed by the results of that game. So how dare you spout that crap xnonox

Proud Griz Man
December 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Those are just excuses. Our opponent had to spend an equal amount of time preparing and probably more time away from friends and family than our players did. If the Griz want to win a title again they are going to have to deal with those issues. I don't care what preseason expectations were. If you get to the title game after beating a very good JMU team you better at least keep it close. We were never in that game at all. And I'm OK with the fact that not all Griz fans are embarrassed today, but I sure am. I'm going to have to hear crap all day at work Monday.

Excuses? Its the truth!! I completely disagree. I am sorry you can't handle the disappointment. Are you more worried about yourself, at work on monday?

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/12/20/news/sports/20081220_sport_187414.txt

Commentary: Disgruntled Griz fans should get a grip

By DANIEL BERK Sun Sports Staff Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wolfman was the first one.

At 7:38 p.m. Friday night, a fan, presumably a Montana supporter, going by the user name of Wolfman, posted a message on an Internet message board with a predictable subject line, "Hauck panics too early." Of course the fan was referring to Montana coach Bobby Hauck, the sixth-year coach of the Griz, who was leading his team against Richmond in the Football Championship Subdivision National Championship game in Chattanooga, Tenn. ... In five seasons, Hauck has won 67 game and has led his team to at least a share of the Big Sky Conference championship in all six of his years at the helm.

The Montana fans who are critical of Hauck will point to Friday as another example of Hauck failing in a big game. The truth of the matter is the Griz probably had no business being in that game in the first place, and the only reason they were there was because of Hauck.

This year was supposed to be a rebuilding one. It was supposed to be a transition season. But, Hauck led his team to a 11-1 regular season and did it with a team that was probably in the middle of the pack talent wise in the Big Sky.

They won week after week playing Bobby Hauck football. They were disciplined, fundamentally sound and smart. The Griz were the team that no one was talking about. Quietly, after an early-season loss to Weber State, Montana was playing as good of football as any team in America. The streak continued until Friday night and now Griz nation will have a bad taste in its mouth for a long time because of how it ended.

Georgia Griz
December 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
BULL S- - T!!

Got out-played. Nothing embarrassing about that. I am proud to be a Montana fan. Look at the Mariani catch on replay, and be embarrassed????

Bobby Hauck is not immune from making mistakes as a coach, but he rarely makes the same mistake twice. 2009 will be another good year, if BH is still here--and maybe if he is not.

I didn't say I was embarrassed by Mariani's catch. It was great. But, are you gonna sit here and tell me you were proud because we mad one good catch and then got destroyed all over the field. Of course we got out-played. That's why it is so embarrassing. When we played Georgia Southern, Adrian Peterson and their other backs ran roughshod all over us. When we played JMU in the title game they were able to run and pass on us. Last night was no different. I'm getting tired of losing these title games the same way every time.xmadx

89Hen
December 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I've been to all four title games that the Griz have played in Chattanooga
Have the Griz really been to Chatty four times? I did not realize that. xbowx

FWIW, I packed my Griz cap in my hockey bag for coaching tomorrow morning. Nothing to hang your head about. xpeacex

appstate1998
December 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
wow..you had one of the greatest seasons a team could dream of and came up one game short....be happy....hell ask a WCU or UTC fan how they feel year in and year out

Bettina90
December 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I didn't say I was embarrassed by Mariani's catch. It was great. But, are you gonna sit here and tell me you were proud because we mad one good catch and then got destroyed all over the field. Of course we got out-played. That's why it is so embarrassing. When we played Georgia Southern, Adrian Peterson and their other backs ran roughshod all over us. When we played JMU in the title game they were able to run and pass on us. Last night was no different. I'm getting tired of losing these title games the same way every time.xmadx

Then get a better team, and one that's not physically mismatched.

luflame15
December 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Richmond just plain out outplayed the Griz and were much more dominate.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 20th, 2008, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Georgia Griz;1267744]We easily have the best following in the FCS. QUOTE]

You are so right! Congrats on a great season! xbowx

apaladin
December 20th, 2008, 11:07 PM
wow..you had one of the greatest seasons a team could dream of and came up one game short....be happy....hell ask a WCU or UTC fan how they feel year in and year out

UNI fans must feel pretty bad. They were 10 seconds away from a probable NC.

McNeese75
December 21st, 2008, 01:02 AM
You gotta just love it when someone questions your fan-hood.xlolx I'm a fan of Atlanta sports teams so I've had to deal with it for a long time. I didn't say I was embarrassed by the overall success of the season, but I was definitely embarrassed last night. I think if a Griz fan wasn't a little embarrassed by last night's performance, they may not be a true fan. Heck, I bet a majority of the Griz players were embarrassed by the results of that game. So how dare you spout that crap xnonox

The only crap getting spouted around here is your own.

Bettina90
December 21st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Hey, McNeese75:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lincoln-quotes.htm

OB55
December 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM

Were you actually watching the line play? xlolx

Team speed refers to "team", not just the running backs, receivers, and quarter backs. xcoffeex

Hellgate60
December 21st, 2008, 09:12 AM
I wasn't embarrassed about the game. I was more frustrated about the game but I'm also proud of this team. I was hoping they would just make the playoffs this year and they actually made it to the Championship game. Too bad next year's season is so far away because I'm already looking forward to it

Griz0383
December 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM
I am sensing a lack a perspective from ya georgia griz! The Griz gave everything they had but the spiders were simply a better team on friday. Nothing to be embarrassed about! I wish I could shake every Griz coach and players hand so I could thank them for their incredible effort all season. 6 Trips to the NC with 2 wins is without question a blessing and griz fans must never loose perspective on how special that is! After meeting Catamountman and drinking many a beer with him I was reminded of how many fans never get to experience a trip to the NC. I hope his team meets the Griz next year for the NC. He is a class act and represents those FCS fans that watch other teams play for the NC every year but never even get close to it. I pray that someday his team gets a shot at the NC, He deserves it! God Bless America!

Grizalltheway
December 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM

Wait a minute, we beat JMU, who beat you guys. If we were good enough physically to beat them, how on earth did they beat you? xconfusedx

FWIW, I really don't understand some of the sour grapes coming from you guys. Can't you just enjoy the win and let it be?

Wolfman
December 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
I am sensing a lack a perspective from ya georgia griz! The Griz gave everything they had but the spiders were simply a better team on friday. Nothing to be embarrassed about! I wish I could shake every Griz coach and players hand so I could thank them for their incredible effort all season. 6 Trips to the NC with 2 wins is without question a blessing and griz fans must never loose perspective on how special that is! After meeting Catamountman and drinking many a beer with him I was reminded of how many fans never get to experience a trip to the NC. I hope his team meets the Griz next year for the NC. He is a class act and represents those FCS fans that watch other teams play for the NC every year but never even get close to it. I pray that someday his team gets a shot at the NC, He deserves it! God Bless America!

I hear what you are saying, and basically agree with your points. However, please do not forget the tremedous recruiting advantage enjoyed by Montana over every other FCS program in the country except for two (Delaware and App. State). Northern Iowa is a close fourth in this regard. All three of these programs should be competing for the NC every season. And, in most years, all 3 of them do. I have feeling that Delaware will be back to their usual excellent self next year.

So, the Catamounts, and all other programs like theirs, may indeed dream about competing like Montana does every season. But, with their limitations in facilities, fan base, tradition, and probably funding, they will have a tough time doing so.

Yes, we are spoiled in Grizland by the past successes of our program. It is a machine, which replaces missing parts each year to continue it's domination of a generally weak conference, and ridiculously easy non-conference schedule, and makes it's annual parade into the playoffs, usually with two or more home games. If a head coach can not thrive with these tremendous advantages, he should get out of the business.

B&G
December 21st, 2008, 01:04 PM
This guy is talking about the championship game performance and not the season right? I hate to agree but it WAS somewhat embarrassing. Sidbury dominated them. The personal fouls were heinous. There are a lot of people that don't get to see Montana on TV very often. The Griz pretty much got punked out on national TV and that is going to be the only exposure they get to a lot of casual observers. Again, excellent season, but that has nothing to do with how he feels about the title game.

eaglesrthe1
December 21st, 2008, 01:23 PM
This guy is talking about the championship game performance and not the season right? I hate to agree but it WAS somewhat embarrassing. Sidbury dominated them. The personal fouls were heinous. There are a lot of people that don't get to see Montana on TV very often. The Griz pretty much got punked out on national TV and that is going to be the only exposure they get to a lot of casual observers. Again, excellent season, but that has nothing to do with how he feels about the title game.

Might be, but he also said that he only lives an hour away from Chatty and if the Griz made it back, he probably wouldn't bother to show up.

Not much of a fan, IMO.

Eight Legger
December 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Montana has nothing to be embarrassed about. At the beginning of the year, I remember a lot of Montana fans talking about how they'd be lucky to even make the playoffs with all the new starters coming in. Instead, they made the title game and just lost to a better team.

UR had an amazing season and did something we felt was possible at the start of the season. It was thrilling to witness it actually happen and to watch us beat some of the most storied programs in FCS on our way to the title. I think we proved that we were the best team by going through three of the four seeded teams, and quite frankly, to win the title any other way wouldn't have been nearly as fulfilling.

MacThor
December 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM
UR had an amazing season and did something we felt was possible at the start of the season. It was thrilling to witness it actually happen and to watch us beat some of the most storied programs in FCS on our way to the title. I think we proved that we were the best team by going through three of the four seeded teams, and quite frankly, to win the title any other way wouldn't have been nearly as fulfilling.

C'mon....you wouldn't have been nearly as fulfilled with a grudge rematch victory over JMU in the NC? :)

B&G
December 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Might be, but he also said that he only lives an hour away from Chatty and if the Griz made it back, he probably wouldn't bother to show up.

Not much of a fan, IMO.

Then he'll feel like an idiot if he doesn't go and they win. I have a feeling once he sleeps it off that he'll change his tune on that one. xcoolx

Proud Griz Man
December 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM

Not much of a fan, IMO.

I don't know GeorgiaGriz. I wouldn't know if he is a dedicated, loyal fan or not. He is entitled to his opinion, just wanted to share my disagreement.

For instance, #56 Tyler Corwin had a great senior season. Tyler Corwin suffered a severe knee injury in his 2nd season and spent > 1 year rehabbing it. Not readily apparent to us fans, there were several players with broken bones and severely sprained ankles/elbows out there playing.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 09:33 AM

They did, in my opinion, perform badly. I can't tell you how many missed tackles I saw in that first half. And Bergquist was acting like his mind was elsewhere. The offensive line did not play inspired. Very bad performance overall by the Griz. Reynolds and Mariani (and maybe Fisher) seemed to be the only two/three Griz who came to play.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Nothing to be embarassed about. After you settle down a little, you'll be proud of the effort this year. There is no loss that stings like a NC game.

I am VERY, VERY proud of their performance this year, just not in the Championship game.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Colt Anderson quote "We picked a bad time to not show up"!

My point exactly. And it was embarrassing, for me personally (I don't want to lump other Griz fans in together with my own feelings), to watch them not show up in the biggest game of the year on national television, again.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
On that note, Montana had a beast at tailback and didn't feed him the ball at all...:(

Another embarrassing fact for me from the game. My buddies kept asking "Why don't you guys use that big white boy to run the ball more often?" It was embarrassing to have to explain to them that our coaching staff sometimes struggles with play-calling, and that Reynolds normally does run quite a bit when our O-line is not getting blown up.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Excuses? Its the truth!! I completely disagree. I am sorry you can't handle the disappointment. Are you more worried about yourself, at work on monday?

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/12/20/news/sports/20081220_sport_187414.txt

We got blasted in that game and it was completely embarrassing. And the article doesn't even touch on what I'm talking about. I don't blame it all on Hauck and the coaching staff. I blame the majority of it on the players who couldn't perform in the game. And just because the other team is better than us doesn't mean we should get destroyed like we did in that game... ...and have in other Chatty title games. Simply put, we need to play up to our abilities in these championship games. It's like we get to Chatty and forget how to play.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM

Once again, I'm not upset or disappointed with the season. xsmhx I'm embarrassed that our team looked like a bunch of sandbags on national television in one game, the most meaningful game of the season.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:13 AM

Good point. It's sad that we don't have one currently. Other than Georgia Southern, the University of Montana should carry more weight than any other team in FCS.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Richmond just plain out outplayed the Griz and were much more dominate.

And, be honest, wouldn't you be embarrassed if it had been the opposite.

Proud Griz Man
December 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
They did, in my opinion, perform badly. I can't tell you how many missed tackles I saw in that first half. And Bergquist was acting like his mind was elsewhere. The offensive line did not play inspired. Very bad performance overall by the Griz. Reynolds and Mariani (and maybe Fisher) seemed to be the only two/three Griz who came to play.

How about the play of #10 Shawn Lebsock, linebacker from Billings ?? Shawn had 13 tackles (10 solo) and played with a badly sprained left elbow that required a brace (remember the awkward fall on the sidelines against JMU's QB Landers - I thought he broke his arm). Shawn played well in 2005 & 2006, and had to sit out all of 2007 rehabilitating his shoulder after surgery.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
UNI fans must feel pretty bad. They were 10 seconds away from a probable NC.

Attention Griz fans: The above statement (which very well may be accurate) is what I'm talking about. Are you not embarrassed to hear that another team, which we didn't even play, would likely have had it just as easy in Chattanooga.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
The only crap getting spouted around here is your own.

How long did it take you to come up with that one?

putter
December 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Hey, we won the 2nd half 7-3...:D

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
I wasn't embarrassed about the game. I was more frustrated about the game but I'm also proud of this team. I was hoping they would just make the playoffs this year and they actually made it to the Championship game. Too bad next year's season is so far away because I'm already looking forward to it

It's fine with me that not all of you are embarrassed. It boils down to different personalities. But, it is Monday, I've had several days to think about it, and I'm still embarrassed about our performance in that one single game. I don't see myself ever feeling any other way about it.

uofmman1122
December 22nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Georgia Griz, I understand where you're coming from.

Like the Cole and Colt said after the game as Mick tried to console them, "We weren't just happy to be here."

It also sucks to be embarrassed on national TV, and I think we were in the first half.

However, they bucked up and kept the flame of hope alive for the rest of the game until it was put out by the late field goal. Even though I was almost ready to throw in the towel in the mid 3rd quarter, our boys did a great job of never giving up, and letting us Griz fans keep hope for as long as possible.

They could have easily rolled over and taken the beating, but they showed guts, and I'm proud as hell. xthumbsupx

12-1 Regular season? Stomping the ever-loving ***** out of the Bobcats? Getting sweet revenge against Weber State? Stomping a mudhole in Harrisonburg, and kicking some sweet CAA booty? Not to mention getting the "Griz can't win a road playoff game" monkey off our back?

Despite the NC loss, it's been a sweet ride. Enjoy it, my friend. xpeacex

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM

No lack of perspective here. Do you honestly believe the Griz gave everything they had Friday night? Even someone on this post quoted one of the players as saying that they picked the wrong time not to show up. If you are focused, trying your best, and playing up to your capabilities, you at least showed up. I don't think that the Griz did all of those three things. And just because you have had success in the past, doesn't mean you can be complacent for even one game.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:35 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM

Not much of a fan, IMO.

Again, I love the questioning of the fan-hood xlolx Of course, I said that. And in a year from now, I may or may not feel the same way about attending. There are a select few ways the fans of a team can show their displeasure. I would rather not pay for a ticket (and the many other tickets for my friends) and watch it at home, than show up and boo unpaid athletes, or sit quitely, or leave at halftime, or even leave a minute early for that matter.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Montana has nothing to be embarrassed about. At the beginning of the year, I remember a lot of Montana fans talking about how they'd be lucky to even make the playoffs with all the new starters coming in. Instead, they made the title game and just lost to a better team.

Again, any person that starts their post with "At the beginning of the year,.." isn't getting the point I'm trying to make.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
Then he'll feel like an idiot if he doesn't go and they win. I have a feeling once he sleeps it off that he'll change his tune on that one. xcoolx

Why would I feel like an idiot if I didn't go and they did win? Until they change their ways, I would rather support the school and athletic department in other ways. Oh, wait a minute, I might not be a big enough fan to do those things. I better call Missoula and ask for a refund.

GATA
December 22nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'll jump in on this.

That game was embarrassing. Montana just got it handed to them and you could tell it was over when Montana came out just as flat in the second half.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
I don't know GeorgiaGriz. I wouldn't know if he is a dedicated, loyal fan or not. He is entitled to his opinion, just wanted to share my disagreement.

For instance, #56 Tyler Corwin had a great senior season. Tyler Corwin suffered a severe knee injury in his 2nd season and spent > 1 year rehabbing it. Not readily apparent to us fans, there were several players with broken bones and severely sprained ankles/elbows out there playing.

Again, I know Corwin had a great season. And I'm proud of his and the rest of the Grizzlies' performance for the season. Just not in the title game. I'm sure both teams had people playing with injuries.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
How about the play of #10 Shawn Lebsock, linebacker from Billings ?? Shawn had 13 tackles (10 solo) and played with a badly sprained left elbow that required a brace (remember the awkward fall on the sidelines against JMU's QB Landers - I thought he broke his arm). Shawn played well in 2005 & 2006, and had to sit out all of 2007 rehabilitating his shoulder after surgery.

OK, good point, now how about others? It's almost like Richmond had the Tiger Woods-effect on the Griz after the Spiders' first touchdown drive of the game. Some of the players almost looked intimidated, especially Bergquist. I don't want players who get intimidated on my team.

GOODY26
December 22nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
xthumbsupx Good Run Richmond, who will be the CAA school to make a run at the national championship?

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/sports/cmon-little-bitch-lets-see-.gif

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Hey, we won the 2nd half 7-3...:D

That made me smile a little bit, Putter.:D Maybe my mood is improving:) , but I doubt my feelings about the game will. I just want to say one more time: WE HAD A GREAT SEASON. There are some out there who are refusing to hear me say that.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
Georgia Griz, I understand where you're coming from.

Like the Cole and Colt said after the game as Mick tried to console them, "We weren't just happy to be here."

It also sucks to be embarrassed on national TV, and I think we were in the first half.

However, they bucked up and kept the flame of hope alive for the rest of the game until it was put out by the late field goal. Even though I was almost ready to throw in the towel in the mid 3rd quarter, our boys did a great job of never giving up, and letting us Griz fans keep hope for as long as possible.

They could have easily rolled over and taken the beating, but they showed guts, and I'm proud as hell. xthumbsupx

12-1 Regular season? Stomping the ever-loving ***** out of the Bobcats? Getting sweet revenge against Weber State? Stomping a mudhole in Harrisonburg, and kicking some sweet CAA booty? Not to mention getting the "Griz can't win a road playoff game" monkey off our back?

Despite the NC loss, it's been a sweet ride. Enjoy it, my friend. xpeacex

Thank you, uofmman. We did have a great season! Some of those games were really fun. I attended the Griz-Cat satellite party here in Atlanta, and I enjoyed watching the playoff run on TV. I'm just embarrassed by our performance in the chipper.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'll jump in on this.

That game was embarrassing. Montana just got it handed to them and you could tell it was over when Montana came out just as flat in the second half.

See. Exactly. I guess some of my fellow Griz fans are drinking the Kool-Aid. It becomes much clearer when fans on the outside of the situation chime in and give their two cents.

Georgia Griz
December 22nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
OK, I'm done with this post now. I hope that I got my message across. I responded to all but maybe 2 comments, and those comments were inline with what I was saying. Thank you all for giving your 2 cents. Just remember, questioning somebody's fan-hood is really, really lame.xthumbsupx

Green26
December 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Georgia, your post was embarrassing. UM doesn't need "fans" like you. Glad you won't be back.

89Hen
December 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
xthumbsupx Good Run Richmond, who will be the CAA school to make a run at the national championship?
I assume you meant who will be the next? Good question. xeyebrowx

Grizo406
December 22nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Some of the players almost looked intimidated, especially Bergquist. I don't want players who get intimidated on my team.

Well, #14, Cole Bergquist won't be the QB next season, and I'm sad about that. But I find a certain degree of comfort in the fact that another "Griz fan" will be happy that all those Griz players that were "intimidated" in the National Championship game are finally gone...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 22nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Well, #14, Cole Bergquist won't be the QB next season, and I'm sad about that. But I find a certain degree of comfort in the fact that another "Griz fan" will be happy that all those Griz players that were "intimidated" in the National Championship game are finally gone...

Yeah I'm with you Grizo. I always find it funny when some Griz fans question the heart of those that are actually out there playing the game.

Georgia Griz
December 24th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Georgia, your post was embarrassing. UM doesn't need "fans" like you. Glad you won't be back.

OK, I thought that I was done with this post, and I'm a little embarrassed about letting this idiot draw me back in. But, I guess if you disagree with Green26, it's impossible to be a UM supporter. Next time I'll ask your opinion, Green26, before I post on this website! xlolx

NorthernColorado
December 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Georgia Griz, all of us fans who's teams won't get a sniff of the playoffs for years to come really feel sorry for you.