PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Mike London!

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 10:54 PM
He made a few mistakes,but all in all a wonderful coaching job on this game!! He deserves everything he is about to get! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ON a very side note, as a social question, is he the first black coach to win a Division I national title since Fla A&M???

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Congrats also to Russ Huesman, UR's longtime defensive coordinator. That defense is Russ's doing.

putter
December 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I was just amazed hearing his story. His reaction after winning the game was just classic! You can't feel too bad losing to a classy guy like that

GrizRchattybound
December 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I like him.
- congrats, it is a tough pill to swallow tonight, but you guys were the better team. This is exactly how we played and I felt after the first Weber game. Not sure what why where or how...but it was not our day.

Congrats to you all. A very classy group of fans and players and a great young coach. Very deserving all the way around!

chattanoogamocs
December 19th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Congrats also to Russ Huesman, UR's longtime defensive coordinator. That defense is Russ's doing.

You mean, Russ Huesman, the next head coach of the Chattanooga Mocs?
xpeacex

As for London, what a great guy and a great story...I am now a big fan of his. He even had me a little choked up during his interview after the game.

UMass922
December 20th, 2008, 11:04 AM
He even had me a little choked up during his interview after the game.

Me too.

Chi Panther
December 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Congrats!! Great Coach! Great Great Personxthumbsupx

Richmond will have to get out their check books now.

Native
December 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Impressive coaching performance! xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I will second the congrats. That post-game interview was truly classic and a great showcase for FCS. SportsCenter was all over it.

I really hope that London will be there for many years.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 20th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats to Coach London and the Spiders......

DTSpider
December 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I will second the congrats. That post-game interview was truly classic and a great showcase for FCS. SportsCenter was all over it.

I really hope that London will be there for many years.

I agree, it was amazing. How many times do you hear a coach say thank you to the school president and the professors in one of those interviews? London is really special and really "gets it". Just knowing what these guys have been doing off the field makes the on-field success all that much sweeter.

London has come back home and I echo your comment in hoping that he's here for a good long time.

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I agree, it was amazing. How many times do you hear a coach say thank you to the school president and the professors in one of those interviews? London is really special and really "gets it". Just knowing what these guys have been doing off the field makes the on-field success all that much sweeter.

London has come back home and I echo your comment in hoping that he's here for a good long time.

I hope so too but he's already made himself one of the hottest coaches. Plus you know how hard the BCA is pushing this year.

Jim Reid was on the "Hardly Workin'" program yesterday and just gushed about UR. It seems like most former coaches have nothing but praise for the school. He told a doozy of a story though, even bigger than the "downgrade to the Patriot League" about Cooper.

I'm so happy for Coach London. He was my position coach when I walked on back in '89. I have to xlolx to think I walked on to play the position that beast Sidbury plays now. I was all of 190 when I showed up for camp.

umassfan
December 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM

I wouldnt be 100 % so sure that it was Russ's doing. London was the D Coord at UVa and DLine coach for the NFL Texans. Im sure he had quite the influnce on that D. It was good to see London win one at his University.