PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: 2008 FCS National Championship Game RICHMOND vs. MONTANA

Pages : 1 [2] 3

IABison
December 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I think it's time to put in Selle... Berquist is not with it tonight.

Wellington
Good game.... Richmond has a very solid team, and the Griz can't seem to catch a break. I want to be done watching the game now xeekx

Appstate29
I'll just repeat what I said on the MMB, Mike London needs a shiny new contract that makes him a Spider for several more years if he doesn't already have one. Someone is going to come calling. Soon.

Hoyadestroya85
I'm just glad that Villanova dominated Richmond, shut down Vaughn, and they couldn't stop Aaron Ball.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Montana is not done yet, but something good needs to happen soon

colv93
Montana definitely caught JMU on a bad night. I don't think Montana would have a winning record in the CAA. It should be an all CAA matchup. Would be a much better game.

YoUDeeMan
Montana just can't catch a break.......

No breaks. Richmond is dominating. Just like Montana stripped JMU last week, UR is beating Montana stright up.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Richmond looks so much quicker than Montana

uofmman1122
This really sucks.

Nothing is worse than this...

We're looking absolutely terrible.

Hoyadestroya85
Montana's just getting caught with their pants down

IABison
Montana definitely caught JMU on a bad night. I don't think Montana would have a winning record in the CAA. It should be an all CAA matchup. Would be a much better game.

This is getting old... wasn't there another thread about this... xnonox

Appstate29
This is CAA football at its best. I don't see many if any teams in FCS beating UR the way they are playing tonight.

ASU the way they played against Wofford I would say beats any FCS team easily and beats more than half FBS teams. But the way UR is playing tonight, they could give that ASU team a run for its money...

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
All hail the CAA ---- please can we be spared that

proasu89

xnutsx xhomerx

Go Lehigh TU owl
What kind of time management is this?

blur2005
Now while you're right that Montana caught JMU with its pants down (and made JMU pay), the second part of your statement is ridiculous. xrolleyesx

yosef1969
Questionable clock management....

19Duke97
what the hell kind of clock mgt was THAT!?!?

Appstate29

CAA is the best conference this year. But, next year, the SoCon comes back with a vengeance.

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 08:18 PM
At least the outcome of this game can't be blamed on field conditions... that's something

GreatAppSt

surexrolleyesx

LehighFan11
This 24-0 lead has to be chalked up to either great coaching by Richmond or terrible coaching by Montana or a combo because there is not a 24 point talent gap.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Now while you're right that Montana caught JMU with its pants down (and made JMU pay), the second part of your statement is ridiculous. xrolleyesx

JMU would beat Montana 8/10 times with a healthy Landers. Montana is good but they do lack the athletes that are in the CAA. They'd probably go 8-3.

SunCoastBlueHen
I must say that I am surprised, but in all aspets of the game, Montana is getting their azzes handed to them.

YoUDeeMan
Questionable clock management....

Again. UR did the same thing last week.

19Duke97
ASU the way they played against Wofford I would say beats any FCS team easily and beats more than half FBS teams. But the way UR is playing tonight, they could give that ASU team a run for its money...

True - these two teams would have put on a great show...

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Sun peaks through the storm clouds!!! UR FG missed!

GSU Eagle
Richmond sure blew that chance right there. The clock management was absolutely pitiful

yosef1969
CAA is the best conference this year. But, next year, the SoCon comes back with a vengeance.

Personally don't care if SoCon does, but hope and think ASU will.xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
This 24-0 lead has to be chalked up to either great coaching by Richmond or terrible coaching by Montana or a combo because there is not a 24 point talent gap.

Whoops nevermind 21 points. lol

bobbythekidd
Big miss from the left hash and it go wide right.

JMU DJ

Know thy placekicker. 21-0

Edit: You got it right on the second post

Go Lehigh TU owl
That was a terrible final 30 seconds for Richmond. That was Andy Reid time management 101.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM

21-0... Aheeemmmmm!

Silenoz
Well at least their kicker is as not good as McKnight

Appstate29
UR and UM kickers making FCS look like a less-than league xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

and I don't care about the crappy bowls ESPN!!! They all suck and are full of mediocre teams!

uofmman1122
That was a terrible final 30 seconds for Richmond. That was Andy Reid time management 101.Let's hope London coaches the rest of the game that terribly.

YoUDeeMan
Again. UR did the same thing last week.

The EXACT same thing.xnonono2x

GSU Eagle
Montana would be right there as a contender in the CAA-- Last week they went on the road and beat the #1 seed.

Give it a break you CAA fans.

Jackman
December 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Way to screw that up, Richmond.

I guess that's kind of like momentum for the Griz, maybe...

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Personally don't care if SoCon does, but hope and think ASU will.xthumbsupx

ASU will be back.

FU will be back

GSU will be back.

Add in Wofford and Elon, and The Citadel, and hate to use the euphamism, but the SoCon will be the CAA of next year.

YoUDeeMan
Damn. I haven't been to Arby's in ages. Yummy!

appstate38
Strong 1st half for the Spiders.... Have to question the clock management, especially with 2 timeouts and Montana unable to stop you. 28-0 could have been the final nail but the door is still open, somewhat. That being said the Griz are going to have to force the issue all the more because UR doesn't look like they are going to beat themselves.

NC Aggie
Good Guys 0
Spiders 21

YoUDeeMan
December 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
ASU will be back.

FU will be back

GSU will be back.

Add in Wofford and Elon, and The Citadel, and hate to use the euphamism, but the SoCon will be the CAA of next year.

Not so. UD gets to play FU with a REAL QB next year. xnodx xlolx

JMU DJ
ASU will be back.

FU will be back

GSU will be back.

Really?

Bettina90
That was another horrible sequence for sure. But Richmond gets the ball to start the 2nd half and if they somehow score a TD then Griz fans can start working on their "I Promise to STFU" speech.

soccerguy315
that was terrible clock management Richmond...

hopefully they play a better 2nd half than the one they played against W&M last week of the regular season.

19Duke97
Montana would be right there as a contender in the CAA-- Last week they went on the road and beat the #1 seed.

Give it a break you CAA fans.

We'll agree to disagree, but I'll to keep on topic the rest of the night...

IABison
Hasn't Montana been a great 3rd quarter team this year? Will be interesting to see if any halftime adjustments can help.

Silenoz
The Griz get the ball to start the 2nd half

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
That was the same way Richmond ended the first half against UNI. With some pretty terrible clock management and a missed field goal.

Jackman
Damn. I haven't been to Arby's in ages. Yummy!
There are no Arby's within 25 miles of Boston. xsmhx

JMU-MRD-DAD
Montana MUST score on the opening drive......otherwise Richmond will put this one away........not saying this game is over.....Montana will need to step it up.

Screamin_Eagle174
That was another horrible sequence for sure. But Richmond gets the ball to start the 2nd half and if they somehow score a TD then Griz fans can start working on their "I Promise to STFU" speech.

Montana gets the ball to start the second half. Way to be wrong! xlolx xthumbsupx

R3TRO
ASU will be back.

FU will be back

GSU will be back.

So, you're basing this on the assumption that the SoCon is the only conference improving? Is there a decline in the CAA next year that i'm not aware of?

appstate38
December 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM

I thought Richmond had the ball to start the game?

Appstate29
Really?

yeah, really. Enjoy the one year you can legitamately say that the CAA is the better conference, because next year it won't be true.

YoUDeeMan

Maybe I missed it - I was getting a six pack during the toss...but didn't UR get the ball first? They drove down for the TD.

I think Montana gets the ball. A TD on the opening drive makes this a game for a bit.

Tribe4SF
Low marks for London on that deal. Once they got the first down, the clock is their friend, but they acted like they needed to burn it. Sloppy, and then Howard screws up again. He has not been good in the playoffs.

GSU Eagle
It is amazing how a team can look so different from week to week. Last week Montana's offense looked very good. This week they look awful

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM
So, you're basing this on the assumption that the SoCon is the only conference improving? Is there a decline in the CAA next year that i'm not aware of?

The lord and savior is graduating... it's ok though, he has given us his only begotten son in return... Dudzik

Bettina90
December 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I'm wrong, my bad. Vodka Tonics with a splash of Grapefruit.

JMU DJ
yeah, really. Enjoy the one year you can legitamately say that the CAA is the better conference, because next year it won't be true.

I was talkin' about the Citadel... Really? They're going to be a SoCon powerhouse?

yosef1969
ASU will be back.

FU will be back

GSU will be back.

GSU maybe, Wofford will have a drop off. Until Elon and Citadel actually get it done in big games for a change I have my doubts.

And as for Furmie, as long as Bobby is around he'll find a way to screw it up. xsmiley_wix

FCS_pwns_FBS

And Richmond caught ASU on an off-day. If they weren't missing their first and second string runningbacks and if AE was able to run the ball UR would have lost.

SunCoastBlueHen
Montana is getting beat up front on both sides of the ball. They have a long, uphill climb to make a game of this.

unhfan1
December 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Uni or Unh vs. Spiders in the finals would be a better game.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM
The CAA is a very good conference. There is no doubt. A strong GSU team is vital to the SoCon moving back up to the top as a conference

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM

Well...yes. UR, JMU, and UD off the top of my head have more questions than answers(don't know much about Vill and W&M, but they are not traditionally title contenders) for next year. While ASU, Woff, and GSU have more answers than questions (of course I'm ASSuming that GSU freshman will advance). And FU, Elon and The Citadel will be strong next year as well. Add that with WCUs new coach and philosophy as well as Samfords strong start, and you have what I think will be the most competitive conference top to bottom next year.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I don't think we will see Citadel winning the SoCon in any foreable period of time

NC Aggie
December 19th, 2008, 08:31 PM

Didn't Montana kick-off to start the game?

appvette

What makes you think that? Explain.

IABison

xrolleyesx Yep... let's just do away with the playoffs and you can pick who SHOULD play... xrolleyesx

Montana beat JMU and deserved to be there tonight... they just haven't shown up yet. xsmhx

HiHiYikas
December 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM
And Richmond caught ASU on an off-day. If they weren't missing their first and second string runningbacks and if AE was able to run the ball UR would have lost.
Totally true...but all ASU would have needed to make the absolute most out of its weapons while playing relatively mistake-free football to pull off a win.

Couldn't, didn't happen, though. Them's the breaks. If you gotta lose, might as well lose to the best.

Appstate29

and third and fourth string running back. And three starters off the D-Line. But it doesn't matter, Richmond won, and playing like they are today, they would definitely give a healthy ASU at its best a hell of a game.

igo4uni
I don't think we will see Citadel winning the SoCon in any foreable period of time

don't tell citdog.xcoolx

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Excuses just don't work-- face it Montana was better than JMU last week. They deserved to win.

Tonight I think some other team is wearing the Montana jerseys

YoUDeeMan

If JMU had their starting RB, ASU would have lost in the first round.xnodx

If UNI had not upset both UNH and the SC champ, both of whom dominated those games but lost on TOs, ASU would not have won their other championship.xnodx

If, if, if...

xcoffeex

bpcats
Montana won the toss and deferred til the second half. The Griz are picking a bad time to play their worst game. I thought that the Griz oline had more fight than what they are showing.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 19th, 2008, 08:34 PM
It sure would be nice if they would put a halftime show together that featured OUR LEAGUE................am I asking too much?????

colv93

The Richmond-ASU game didn't seem that close. JMU outgained Montana by a wide margin but had 4 really bad turnovers. Big difference between those two games.

Montana would be kind of like a Hofstra or a Northeastern this year. Good enough to beat you if everything bounces their way (like last week), but not really good enough to get a winning record in the CAA.

Appstate29
I was talkin' about the Citadel... Really? They're going to be a SoCon powerhouse?

No, but they could easily fill the role of UNH, Villanova and W&M. A team that rarely, if ever competes for a nat'l championship, but could easily upset one of the top 2 or 3 members of the conference and make things more interesting.

Wolfman
December 19th, 2008, 08:35 PM
This is just one of those games. If these two teams played again, it would be a completely different story. Montana has a 1st and goal at the 5, then got a motion penalty and did not score. Then, the chop block killed the next drive. The 21-0 score is no indication of the difference in these two teams. Richmond has done everything right tonight. The Griz have played their worst game of the year. You see the results. Football is a crazy game. A couple of key plays/breaks at crucial times can totally change the game. This is what is happening tonight in Chatty.

BeauFoster

Too bad UNH couldn't get to the championship game. That's the beauty of the playoffs. The team that can play the best over a 4 week period will win the championship.

BEAR
Ummm...Griz....time to wake up xnodx ....you're in a Natty! ....xlolx

GSU Eagle
Right, Montana would be a .500 team in the great CAA --- do you really believe that???

JMU DJ
December 19th, 2008, 08:36 PM
No, but they could easily fill the role of UNH, Villanova and W&M. A team that rarely, if ever competes for a nat'l championship, but could easily upset one of the top 2 or 3 members of the conference and make things more interesting.

Are we talking about the same team? I believe UNH, Nova and W&M have been in the playoffs recently

IABison
December 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Montana would be kind of like a Hofstra or a Northeastern this year. Good enough to beat you if everything bounces their way (like last week), but not really good enough to get a winning record in the CAA.

How many Montana games have you watched this year? I'm sure you wouldn't be making a statement like that after only watching one or two games... xrolleyesx

Bettina90
December 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Please. Running the ball is as much a function of the OL as it is the RBs available.

yosef1969
December 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
The Richmond-ASU game didn't seem that close. JMU outgained Montana by a wide margin but had 4 really bad turnovers. Big difference between those two games.

Down two scores in the fourth and driving before giving up their 7th turnover.

See how silly it sounds to make lame ass excuses....xrolleyesx

YoUDeeMan
December 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
This is just one of those games. If these two teams played again, it would be a completely different story. Montana has a 1st and goal at the 5, then got a motion penalty and did not score. Then, the chop block killed the next drive. The 21-0 score is no indication of the difference in these two teams. Richmond has done everything right tonight. The Griz have played their worst game of the year. You see the results. Football is a crazy game. A couple of key plays/breaks at crucial times can totally change the game. This is what is happening tonight in Chatty.

xconfusedx xeyebrowx

Perhaps you missed the 15 yard personal foul. Perhaps you missed the bad clock management. Perhaps you missed the missed FG.

We watching the same game?

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Richmond can't stop Montana's running game - why'd Hauck abandon it so early? He should go back to it for at least the opening drive of the 2nd half - if his D doesn't step up it won't matter though...

GSU Eagle
At this time of the year the team that gets on a roll usually wins it all. Richmond has played very good ball the last few weeks.

I really thought this game would be very close.

I haven't given up on Montana yet though

HiHiYikas
If JMU had their starting RB, ASU would have lost in the first round.xnodx

If UNI had not upset both UNH and the SC champ, both of whom dominated those games but lost on TOs, ASU would not have won their other championship.xnodx

If, if, if...

xcoffeex
Right...the "If JMU had their starting RB, ASU would have lost in the first round" is cancelled out by at least five "if's" on the ASU side.

What it boils down to is fielding a quality team + having good timing. Four or five teams could easily win the national title any given season. It's just a lot of them peak too soon or have a bad game.

If's make the game interesting for us fans. I we couldn't do a little speculating, AGS would have about 45,000 fewer posts.

BEAR
December 19th, 2008, 08:40 PM
WOW! xthumbsupx The announcer just said, "Welcome to the NCAA Division I National championship" ! xbowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 19th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Here we go.....

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Nice return for Montana to start the second half.

GSU Eagle
Montana needs a TD on this drive

R3TRO
Well...yes. UR, JMU, and UD off the top of my head have more questions than answers(don't know much about Vill and W&M, but they are not traditionally title contenders) for next year. While ASU, Woff, and GSU have more answers than questions (of course I'm ASSuming that GSU freshman will advance). And FU, Elon and The Citadel will be strong next year as well. Add that with WCUs new coach and philosophy as well as Samfords strong start, and you have what I think will be the most competitive conference top to bottom next year.

Oh, that's right I forgot there's only 5 teams in the CAA.

igo4uni
Montana needs to score on this drive.

Rob Iola
Ouch - flag negates a decent return on the kickoff...

Screamin_Eagle174
Late flag... awesome. xnonono2x

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
This Personal Foul was very marginal

Appstate29
Are we talking about the same team? I believe UNH, Nova and W&M have been in the playoffs recently

I'm sorry, poor choice of words, they are competing for a Nat'l Championship. But they are rarely, if ever actually in the nat'l championship game. They are a team that may make the playoffs, may not, but will make their games with other playoff and nat'l championship bound teams hell. Making the playoffs in the SoCon is a lot tougher hoe to row than the CAA.

Go Lehigh TU owl
these refs are terrible....

Rob Iola
Nice that Richmond brought there own officials...

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
This Personal Foul was very marginal

I think the announcers meant to say these were Big Sky officials, instead of Big 12

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM
What conference are these refs from-- everyone better hope not the SoCon. You know SoCon refs are paid by how many flag they throw :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
That was a legit call there both ways but gees..why the delay?

YoUDeeMan
Right...the "If JMU had their starting RB, ASU would have lost in the first round" is cancelled out by at least five "if's" on the ASU side.

What it boils down to is fielding a quality team + having good timing. Four or five teams could easily win the national title any given season. It's just a lot of them peak too soon or have a bad game.

If's make the game interesting for us fans. I we couldn't do a little speculating, AGS would have about 45,000 fewer posts.

As I said....if, if, if...

Hoyadestroya85
Big 12

Poly Pigskin
Let the record show that I will no longer whine about East Coast Bias. I thought the Griz were on a roll no one would stop. I'm still pulling for a miraculous come back though!

yosef1969
much better than the MEAC fiasco from last year.

19Duke97
December 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM

VERY TRUE!

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 19th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Let the record show that I will no longer whine about East Coast Bias. I thought the Griz were on a roll no one would stop. I'm still pulling for a miraculous come back though!

Game is not over by a long shot...........Montana needs a score and a stop.....make it interesting..

Screamin_Eagle174
Griz are coming alive! Another 1st down for Montana!

GSU Eagle
iF mONTANA can score here we have a game

Rob Iola
redundant...

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Could this be a sign of Montana's great half-time adjustments?

Hoyadestroya85
December 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
halftime adjustments are for the most part a myth..

yosef1969
December 19th, 2008, 08:48 PM
anyone noticed how Brock Huard say "flage". Is that a WA thing?

Rob Iola
Better D this week by Richmond than JMU last week - nice coverage off the play fake...

GSU Eagle
This is getting ridiculous--- let them play

Screamin_Eagle174
Stupid, stupid, stupid. xbangx xbangx xbangx

Go Lehigh TU owl
That was just stupid by the Montana player....

JMU-MRD-DAD
STUPID...........Montana hitting LATE

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
anyone noticed how Brock Huard say "flage". Is that a WA thing?

Not that I know of.

Rob Iola
That was stupid...

Go Lehigh TU owl
Another SACK, #4!!!

yosef1969
redundant...

So true...my bad.

uofmman1122
This is pathetic...

Rob Iola
This is getting ridiculous--- let them play
nah - that was late and from behind...

yosef1969
December 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM
UM self destructing. Where's the discipline?

EmeryZach
December 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM
um... It's Montana. Have they ever had discipline?

GSU Eagle
Montana needs to run the ball some but unfortunately behind 21-0 it is hard to take the time to do that.

Most any pass play, unless it is a quick pass, Montana's QB is running for his life

caribbeanhen
if the Griz get back into this game I call for an investigation

Richmond has superior talent

IABison
December 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM
um... It's Montana. Have they ever had discipline?

Wow... can you back that up? xconfusedx xconfusedx

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Gotta shout out to Mike London - fantastic job taking the reigns from Clawson and getting this team to where they are right now - luv the playcalling, luv the D...

Screamin_Eagle174

I thought this was a football board. Quit making derogative sexual comments toward others!!! xsmiley_wix

GSU Eagle
Big, big hit. Maybe that will fire up Montana's offense

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Great stop by Montana...

yosef1969
Big stop and hit by Colt Anderson...Nice

Appstate29
Colt Anderson makes the big hit hes been looking for all game

JMU-MRD-DAD
FLAG on Richmond coming up...

Screamin_Eagle174
About time they call something on Richmond.

uofmman1122
Lots of classy CAA fans coming out of the woodwork.

Nice hit, Colt!

Rob Iola
Almost blocked - now 15 against Richmond for a stupid shot on the PR...

GSU Eagle
There still is plenty of time but Montana must put this drive in the end zone

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Uh Oh, this could be just the spark that UM needs.

Screamin_Eagle174
WHAT!!!!? BS!!!!

CatFan22
Thank God they picked that up. If you are going to throw a hit, expect one in return.

Rob Iola
or not 15...

yosef1969
5 sacks

Screamin_Eagle174
GET ANGRY!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Sack #5!!!

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Montana's offense is drop back to pass, run for your life, and either throw the ball away or get sacked

Rob Iola
Hauck's only chance is to run - they can't stop the pass rush...

EmeryZach

No, UMass is just as bad if not worse with discipline. I was just referring to all of the off the field incidents regarding discipline.

Screamin_Eagle174
Mariani is a STUD!!!

Rob Iola
Wow!!!

yosef1969
Nice toss and catch

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Is it just me or is the stadium announcer's voice in the background really annoying?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Calm down CB!!!

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Why these 2 passes? What happened to the run? and the goliath linemen?

yosef1969
Berquist not nearly as accurate as last week, might have something to do with pressure.

Appstate29
Is it just me or is the stadium announcer's voice in the background really annoying?

Thats why I'm listening to Tool, drinking beer, and enjoying the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Richmond Dline is abusing Montana's oline.

IABison
No, UMass is just as bad if not worse with discipline. I was just referring to all of the off the field incidents regarding discipline.

xrolleyesx

GSU Eagle
Montana just can't put any good plays together. 1 here and there but nothing consistent

Screamin_Eagle174
Has their been a single call against Richmond?

19Duke97
December 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Holy Hold Batman, threw him to the ground...

Rob Iola
22 minutes left, the D's playing much better, but Hauck won't call runs...

caribbeanhen
Griz fans....I know how you feel right now

GSU Eagle
This one is getting chippy. Montana is losing it.

Screamin_Eagle174
1st penalty by Richmond... but it's offsetting.

GoBlueHens83
December 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Griz fans....I know how you feel right now

You ain't kidding!

appstate38
Question becomes now... Will Montana score??? Not trying to be funny, but Richmond is playing very well on D and Montana seems way out of sync.

Rob Iola
Has their been a single call against Richmond?
They've had a personal foul called against them...

All-in-all the refs are calling a good game - Montana's really lost their composure...

yosef1969
December 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM

Two actually but both were offsetting. Funny how that works...

uofmman1122
There's really no way I can see us pulling this out.

Guys aren't playing like they want it.

caribbeanhen
Richmond Dline is abusing Montana's oline.

yea, what happened to them mountain men O line

Go Lehigh TU owl

they had a defensive holding call but that was offsetting too. I can't see where you can complain about the refs. The only "bad" call was the missed hold on the 4th and 1. Everything else has been legit.

JMU DJ
Coulson

GSU Eagle
Time is getting short now, but I can't really understand why Montana has attempted the run the ball so little tonight

Hoyadestroya85
I'm waiting for a Montana player to score a touchdown and throw the ball at a cop :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
yea, what happened to them mountain men O line

They should be spending more time out running Buick's rather than bench pressing them....

charliej
December 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM
They've had a personal foul called against them...

All-in-all the refs are calling a good game - Montana's really lost their composure...

Agreed

bpcats
Why doesn't Montana call a screen play?

hoseman
Is Montana really this bad or just lucky to get this far?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Coulson

Ouch.

So far true though. The Coulson curse.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Is Montana really this bad or just lucky to get this far?

Neither... they're just playing like garbage right now. Worst game of the year I'd say.

DTSpider
UR is getting way too conservative...reminds me of W&M :(

GSU Eagle
Montana's defense has stepped up this half.

The offense-- well that is another story

yosef1969
Why doesn't Montana call a screen play?

If they let Sidbury loose for a screen play CB would be on his back before the receiver turned around.

Go Lehigh TU owl
That was a weak offensive possesion for the Spiders...

Screamin_Eagle174
Neither... they're just playing like garbage right now. Worst game of the year I'd say.

Granted they are playing a great team in Richmond. By far the best defense they've faced all year.

Rob Iola
I'm waiting for a Montana player to score a touchdown and throw the ball at a cop :D
Except that without ASU fans in attendance there really isn't a need for cops...

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Selle is probably coming in to start this next drive... I like it!

IABison
Montana's defense has stepped up this half.

The offense-- well that is another story

Sounds like Andrew Selle might get a shot... hopefully he has something Berquist doesn't tonight. xoopsx

DTSpider
On another note...I've seen way too many Montana players going after knees. I just hope that there are not any major injuries.

The Griz program has been very classy for a very long time. I know that those guys must be frustrated, but let's keep it clean.

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Except that without ASU fans in attendance there really isn't a need for cops...

xeekx

Appstate29

OUCH. At least there isn't a UD player to throw the ball at those non-existant cops! ;)

Rob Iola
This is crap - Berquist has been fine!

AppAlum2003

You're right. With half-empty stands, not as much law enforcement is required.

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
COME ON ANDREW!!!!

JMU-MRD-DAD

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Rob Iola
OUCH. At least there isn't a UD player to throw the ball at those non-existant cops! ;)
I kid, I kid...

HiHiYikas
December 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
46 pages "classy" only used twice.

Is something wrong, AGS folks?

GSU Eagle
Richmond has been in teh Montana backfield all night

YoUDeeMan
UR DEs just wiping out the UM line.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
CB looked like he was steaming on the sidelines... that'd suck to be in his shoes right now; Senior year, Nat'l championship game, getting dropped so many times, then getting pulled. xnonono2x

Rob Iola
This punter's awful - why bother from midfield down by 3 scores?

GSU Eagle
Frustration is setting in for Montana. I would doubt they have been behind 21 points going into the 4th quarter all year.

Screamin_Eagle174
Oh chill the eff out London.

Appstate29
December 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I kid, I kid...

Me too. UD hasn't scored enough TDs this year to throw the ball at the cops ;)

GSU Eagle
You can see it coming. Richmond is about to put this one away.

Rob Iola
Montana's D line starting to wear down...

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Well, this game is pretty much over.

JMU DJ
Is there astroglide on the field or something? It seems like every time a player hits the turf he slides 5 yards.

NC Aggie
You're right. With half-empty stands, not as much law enforcement is required.

There's good attendance from both schools.

GoBlueHens83
Me too. UD hasn't scored enough TDs this year to throw the ball at the cops ;)

The cops were pretty happy about this! :D

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Isn't this the point where Ward gets injured and Montana rallies to win in the closing seconds?

Go Lehigh TU owl
These flags are getting rediculous...

JMU-MRD-DAD
Tooooooooooooooo many flags....................

Big Dawg
I just turned the game on. It's not looking good for Montana.

Rob Iola
Jeez, emotions really running high...

uofmman1122
About time.

patssle
December 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Doesn't it seem like Montana should be down a lot more? They havn't played worth a hoot outside of their opening drive, and Richmond has DOMINATED since.

AppAlum2003
There's good attendance from both schools.

Looks like plenty of empty seats there if you ask me.

NC Aggie
Is there astroglide on the field or something? It seems like every time a player hits the turf he slides 5 yards.

Actually it is sprayed with Pam - something the groundskeepers picked up from the Sacramento State Offensive lineman a few years back....otherwise known as the "Pam Scam"

Go Lehigh TU owl
These refs are terrible....

IABison
Great clock management by the refs... xnonono2x

Big Dawg
How did he not block that???

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Man, Montana's snake-bit...

uofmman1122
December 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Come on....Jesus *&%$ing Christ....

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I just turned the game on. It's not looking good for Montana.

Go ahead and turn it back off. xoopsx

Rob Iola
Punter needs to act better...

GSU Eagle
Montana 34 points a game. Tonight 0 so far

YoUDeeMan
Looks like plenty of empty seats there if you ask me.

In all fairness, many people got stranded in the last two days. Airports all over were having issues. Plenty of angry people having to stay in hotels away from their destinations the last two nights.

Rob Iola
December 19th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Montana linemen need to block better on the screen...

AppAlum2003
In all fairness, many people got stranded in the last two days. Airports all over were having issues. Plenty of angry people having to stay in hotels away from their destinations the last two nights.

Fair enough....

Rob Iola
4 pieces of meatloaf...

YoUDeeMan
December 19th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Anyone doubt the UR DEs? Anyone?

Screamin_Eagle174
Great halfback pass protection... looking the other way. xnonono2x

Go Lehigh TU owl
Montana's OT's are slower than slow. They can't get off the ball....

Big Dawg
Go ahead and turn it back off. xoopsx

Do you know how crazy college football is...scoring 28 points isn't impossible. Of course your defense has to work hard.

Screamin_Eagle174
Mariani is going to single-handedly (well, maybe use both hands) keep Montana in this game.

GSU Eagle
December 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Montana's o-line is sooo slow

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Does Montana have another WR besides Mariani?