PDA

View Full Version : Griz fans turned away! Storm Cancelled Flights

grizzpaw
December 19th, 2008, 09:03 AM
the storm in this area forced some griz fans to go homexbawlingx some one told me he saw about 200 fans in the airport.xsmhx

Touchdown Yosef
December 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
that is a damn shame

Ronbo
December 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Someone I know over in Spokane said he thought about 1000 Griz fans that were from Eastern Washington and that drove over from Montana to get the cheaper fares out of Spokane had their flights cancelled.

MTGrizzFan
December 19th, 2008, 10:27 AM
ouch

SideLine Shooter
December 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Someone I know over in Spokane said he thought about 1000 Griz fans that were from Eastern Washington and that drove over from Montana to get the cheaper fares out of Spokane had their flights cancelled.

Sad. Just think, if they move the game to Jan. in the future there will be a greater possibility of this happening.xbawlingx

Canyoncat
December 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM
That really sucks. They probably don't even get their money back. Just a voucher for another flight that must be booked within 1 year. I fly out of Spokane on Jan 2nd for a Caribbean cruise. Hope the weather improves. Sorry about that Griz fans. :(

aust42
December 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I ran into a Montana Griz season ticket holder here on business in Somerset, NJ. Today was our departure day but flights are all canceled here due to the big snow storm. He was all peed off he couldn't make it to Chatty for tonights game and will have to watch it at the hotel bar. Poor guy was depressed.

JMU Newbill
December 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
that does suck... sorry to hear that

ddmann
December 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I live in Spokane and I am currrently "snowed in" at my apartment. While I was watching the news yesterday one of the channels did a live shot from the airport. There was virtually a river of maroon clad grizzly fans leaving the terminal heading back into the parking garage. A friend of a friend's girlfriend works (she works a car rental desk) there and said she saw hundreds of griz fans flights cancelled. I hope everyone heading back to Missoula made it safely over the passes they can be tricky this time of year.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I love snow, but I hate what it does to traffic and travel xnonono2x

knucklehead
December 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Wimps

AppMan
December 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Guess now there will be 13,000 people at the game.

DuckDuckGriz
December 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Damn! That really sucks....f%#! this weather

LBPop
December 19th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I feel for all the fans who may not get to see their guys play. It must be such a great feeling to cheer for a team that actually earned its way into the championship game. Far better than supporting a team who got there because a coach, a reporter, or a computer voted for them. xmadx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I live in Spokane and I am currrently "snowed in" at my apartment. While I was watching the news yesterday one of the channels did a live shot from the airport. There was virtually a river of maroon clad grizzly fans leaving the terminal heading back into the parking garage. A friend of a friend's girlfriend works (she works a car rental desk) there and said she saw hundreds of griz fans flights cancelled. I hope everyone heading back to Missoula made it safely over the passes they can be tricky this time of year.

Yeah it's pretty bad between here in Cheney and Couer D'Alene- we were the hardest hit. Set a new record for snowfall in 24 hours with 19.4 inches to beat the old record set in 1950 of 13 inches. Over 23 inches total dumped down from that storm... some places got more. Here in Cheney the snow is about 27-30 inches. There's another storm heading in Sunday as well that's supposed to drop another half foot.

That sucks for all the Griz fans that came out this way. Hell, my roommate might not even be able to get out today to head over to Seattle... I heard they even got like 5 or 6 inches.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah it's pretty bad between here in Cheney and Couer D'Alene- we were the hardest hit. Set a new record for snowfall in 24 hours with 19.4 inches to beat the old record set in 1950 of 13 inches. Over 23 inches total dumped down from that storm... some places got more. Here in Cheney the snow is about 27-30 inches. There's another storm heading in Sunday as well that's supposed to drop another half foot.

That sucks for all the Griz fans that came out this way. Hell, my roommate might not even be able to get out today to head over to Seattle... I heard they even got like 5 or 6 inches.

Why aren't you out there shoveling the runway Scream? xmadx xsmiley_wix

That storm is headed this way, hope I can make it home to watch the game, it snarls traffic BAD here.

GaSouthern
December 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Remember guys, Winning Cures All!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Why aren't you out there shoveling the runway Scream? xmadx xsmiley_wix

That storm is headed this way, hope I can make it home to watch the game, it snarls traffic BAD here.

Busted out my duck hunting waders, cleared a path to Zips across the street, and I've got both of the space heaters going in my apartment for the low of like -8 degrees tonight. I'm set! xthumbsupx

Even got beer in the fridge. All I have to do is turn on the TV to ESPN2 at 5! :D

JMU Newbill
December 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
although when you live in the middle of no where.... that far north.... you are a victim of your own devices

ddmann
December 19th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Cracks me up this guy thinks that either Missoula or Spokane is the "middle of nowhere".

Retro
December 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I Love the South !!!!!!!:D

http://cgi.amazing.com/images/members/1/1/2181_n.jpg

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Cracks me up this guy thinks that either Missoula or Spokane is the "middle of nowhere".

I was just about to say that. Population of Spokane: 200,000+

A fifth of a million people live in the Boonies! xlolx

veinup
December 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Missoula is the middle of nowhere. Not a major city around for what.. eight hours? Yes, I live here.

A Griz 4ster
December 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I would have flown from Spokane had I been able to go in the first place. I really feel for those fans. To have your chance to see the NC game snatched away by Ma Nature like that would be tough. I think I would have gotten them to switch my flight to Portland or Seattle and kept on driving.

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2008, 04:10 PM
although when you live in the middle of no where.... that far north.... you are a victim of your own devices

Nope, we just don't like living around CAA fans-can you blame us? xthumbsupx

Canyoncat
December 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Nope, we just don't like living around CAA fans-can you blame us? xthumbsupx

I would rather live in the Northwest and deal with a little cold and snow than live where there are tornado’s and hurricanes.

Retro
December 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I would rather live in the Northwest and deal with a little cold and snow than live where there are tornado’s and hurricanes.

With Hurricane's, you always have ample warning and can make it through them with a well built home and a big one is still only comes every few decades to any one spot.. Tornado's not so much, but they are still rare to any one particular spot repeatedly and pretty much anyplace in middle and southern american can get hit by a tornado..

For snow, it's nice, but too much and you can't go anywhere it's much harder to work in freezing cold weather.. At least in the south, the heat doesn't stop you from going anywhere. You can easily deal with the occasional hurricane if you're prepared..

Canyoncat
December 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
With Hurricane's, you always have ample warning and can make it through them with a well built home and a big one is still only comes every few decades to any one spot.. Tornado's not so much, but they are still rare to any one particular spot repeatedly and pretty much anyplace in middle and southern american can get hit by a tornado..

For snow, it's nice, but too much and you can't go anywhere it's much harder to work in freezing cold weather.. At least in the south, the heat doesn't stop you from going anywhere. You can easily deal with the occasional hurricane if you're prepared..

Actually we don't get snowed in that much up here in Montana. Once in a while we'll get some big storms, but they really are not the norm. I have a 4-wheel drive that gets me around pretty easy when it gets icy or lots of snow. This is one of the coldest Decembers that I can remember in a long time. Doesn't look like it is going to get much higher than 5 above until well into next week. You just deal with the weather where ever you live. Still this really sucks for the griz fans!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It's already starting to snow again here in Cheney/Spokane, the beginning of a second storm that's supposed to dump 4-6 inches.

cmaxwellgsu
December 19th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I hate that the Griz fans couldn't get to the game. I met a lot of cool people from there in 2000.

patssle
December 19th, 2008, 08:10 PM

As long as you are not right on the coast or along a body of water and your house is not a dump (or a mobile home), hurricanes arn't much of a threat unless its a Cat 4 or 5.

proasu89
December 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Griz fans turned away.....Blessing in disguise for the Griz faithful:(