PDA

View Full Version : All Griz tickets gone

Ronbo
December 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
3750 of them. If we have a poor turnout and there's lot's of empty seats then some blame would be on JMU and App State fans that bought tickets and then didn't go.xnonox xoopsx

Grizaholic17
December 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Well we all know there will be SOME empty seats. Hopefully the weather doesn't deter them either. What's a little bit of rain?

App81
December 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
If Griz fans need tickets just ask.

Syntax Error
December 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Look in the official tickets thread in the Lounge.

Ronbo
December 16th, 2008, 10:15 PM
The problem the average fan has is they don't message board. There are maybe 200,000 Griz fans in Montana and 6000 are registered at eGriz.

The fan that reads tickets are sold out in the paper or calls the ticket office and hears the tickets are gone will cancel plans to go and just watch on TV.

Touchdown Yosef
December 17th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm sure all those other fans figured that 3500 tickets would sell out and know how to obtain them through other means than your ticket office. Last I checked there were several pages of them for sell on ebay, stub hub had some, the Chattanooga ticket office is also relaying people to their specific ticket exchange website, and i'm sure that all the app jmu fans that bought theirs are desperately trying to get back their 32.50 per (mine went to a Montana student) If you want to blame someone blame the low life scalpers you will see walking around the game before hand trying to get rid of handfuls of tickets. If there are empyt seats it won't be b/c Griz fans couldn't find tickets.

AshevilleApp2
December 17th, 2008, 07:02 AM
3750 of them. If we have a poor turnout and there's lot's of empty seats then some blame would be on JMU and App State fans that bought tickets and then didn't go.xnonox xoopsx

I might go and chant ASU all game!xlolx xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
December 17th, 2008, 07:28 AM
it isnt our problem if there are empty seats... i dont know of any app fan that bought tickets that isnt either selling them, giving them away or going to the game anyway

Black and Gold Express
December 17th, 2008, 07:41 AM
it isnt our problem if there are empty seats... i dont know of any app fan that bought tickets that isnt either selling them, giving them away or going to the game anyway

Agreed. The supply is most definitely out there. From what I have heard though, demand for the tickets is... cool at best. And these are being offered as a practical, or in some cases literal, give away.

ur2k
December 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I might go and chant ASU all game!xlolx xsmiley_wix

You can do that, just wear a red shirt. xrotatehx

ASUMountaineer
December 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Glad I ultimately decided not to buy and try and deal with it if ASU made it. I really contemplated, but I had never bought them early before the last three so decided not to jinx it. Hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one. xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM

Really? Were we the only ones aware that they were available to the PUBLIC, meaning everyone, not just JMU and ASU fans? Mine have been on sale for over 10 days on razorgator.com. Was happy to sell them for $20.00 each. No takers. Will now overnight them to the Boys and Girls Club per the info listed earlier.

Native 'neer
December 17th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Exactly... on sale to the PUBLIC. Were ASU and JMU fans the only ones with enough faith in their teams abilities to think they could make it to the finals? Or, the only ones worried that if their teams made it that so many other fans would want to go as well that there would not be enough tickets available? I for one bought tickets early (as I did last year) because I did not want to have to scramble for tickets from ASU if the Mountaineers ended up going again or to have to go to ebay or whereever else and spend lots of $$ on tickets. At least last year there was an early bird deal with it as well (Aside: what's up with the jump in ticket prices?? I don't think they'll make as much next year on people buying up tickets early so they'd better hope ASU is in it again). I knew when I bought the tickets that ASU might not make it, but my friends and I agreed that we would go anyway because it is a good time, good game, great atmosphere etc... I will probably end up losing money and not sell my extra tickets but I will bring them with me and get the most for them I can (but no more than face value). Last year I had extras and sold them for face value to another App fan. I do hope that people that bought extras hoping to sell them for lots of money lose their butts on the deal. It's just bad karma.

Touchdown Yosef
December 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
This is from App fan...

Merrill Eckstein of the Greater Chattanooga Sports Committee said Chattanoogans have snapped up over 8,000 of the 20,000 tickets available. He said Monday afternoon that only a dozen tickets remained from a local corporate campaign to sell 6,500. He estimated that another 1,500 had been sold locally.

He said Appalachian State fans bought as many as 5,000 tickets anticipating the Mountaineers would make the return trip to Chattanooga. But Richmond upset #2 Appy as well as #3 Northern Iowa.

Montana and Richmond were offered 3,750 tickets each. Montana expected to sell all theirs, while Richmond took 2,500.

http://www.appfan.com/blog/

Rekdiver
December 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
The city of Richmond doesn't support UR football well anyway.
The fact that 2.500 were takes is pretty good.

Somebody out in Grizzlyland needs to give all the ticket info to the radio station(s) and newspaper and any local websites.

If I was a fan I would pay double the ticket cost and Stubhub has some from 21 to 38 dinero.

Based on my math, i see a crowd of 15,000. if 8,000 locals pay to attend I may kiss some arse........I talked to locals last year who were given tickets to attend.

biggie
December 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
There certainly isn't anyone in a big demand for tickets, a lot of people will be eating them, apparenty including myself and three friends.

AshevilleApp2
December 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
There certainly isn't anyone in a big demand for tickets, a lot of people will be eating them, apparenty including myself and three friends.

But remember, it's App fans fault that the stadium won't be full. xnodx

Ronbo
December 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Oh I think we'll have 6000, Richmond 4000, and 8000 from the Chattanooga area.

18,000 is my guess, 12,000 if it's raining. Griz might have sent 8000 if tickets had been more easily available.

AshevilleApp2
December 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Oh I think we'll have 6000, Richmond 4000, and 8000 from the Chattanooga area.

18,000 is my guess, 12,000 if it's raining. Griz might have sent 8000 if tickets had been more easily available.

No excuse Ronbo. If you've read this and other threads during the past week, and I believe that you have, then you know better. If ya'll wanted 8,000 tickets, you could have had them. Cheap.

bluehenbillk
December 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Congrats to Montana for further putting UD's AD in his place for only asking for 3,000 seats last year.

Retro
December 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Why didn't Chattanooga reserve more tickets for teams attending before hand?.. When Mcneese went, we had no trouble getting 8,000+ all in the same area. Maybe they are letting too many go in advance, which may benefit them financially, will hurt the atmosphere and crowd appearance.

biggie
December 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Why didn't Chattanooga reserve more tickets for teams attending before hand?.. When Mcneese went, we had no trouble getting 8,000+ all in the same area. Maybe they are letting too many go in advance, which may benefit them financially, will hurt the atmosphere and crowd appearance.
It has hurt, mostly the release of so many early allows all the scalpers/ticket brokers to scoop them up and kind of forces the App fans to purchase early.

appfan2008
December 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM
It has hurt, mostly the release of so many early allows all the scalpers/ticket brokers to scoop them up and kind of forces the App fans to purchase early.

i wanted to add that the tickets they sell early are generally good seats on the home side so you end up with fans from both teams on both sides... in an ideal world they wouldnt sell any early... each team would get half the stadium... fill it up and it would be awesome... but a) they want to sell them early and b) not every team (actually most teams) wouldnt fill up one side...

Touchdown Yosef
December 17th, 2008, 02:00 PM
i wanted to add that the tickets they sell early are generally good seats on the home side so you end up with fans from both teams on both sides... in an ideal world they wouldnt sell any early... each team would get half the stadium... fill it up and it would be awesome... but a) they want to sell them early and b) not every team (actually most teams) wouldnt fill up one side...

I think this year they reserved the better seats for the schools and let the rest go to the public which is definitely the right thing to do. The scalpers I'm sure will be everywhere and I would bet that before kickoff you could probably get tickets for 5 or 10 a piece.

Georgia Griz
December 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM

The excerpt below, taken from a Chattanooga newspaper, is confusing and tells a different story. Does that mean that Richmond is responsible for all 2,900 of those returned tickets?

Merrill Eckstein, president of the Greater Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee, said Thursday that more than 2,000 tickets remain for tonight’s game. The tickets are the result of Montana and Richmond returning roughly 2,900 tickets from their combined allotments.

Rekdiver
December 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
At the end of the day its ASU and JMU's fault if there are empty seats.

If we'd both won we would have packed the place.