PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game Officiating Crew

GSUAlumniEagle
December 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Don't know what they'll announce as their technical affiliation, but all 7 officials worked at least in part a Big XII schedule. At least one member worked a full Big XII schedule.

GannonFan
December 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Anything is better than the MEAC fiasco last year. xsmhx

MacThor
December 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Big 12? Have they been brought up to speed on the FCS spotting rules that place the ball at least a half-yard from where it went dead?

JayJ79
December 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
There is at least one FCS league whose officials also worked at least some Big 12 games. I think it may be the Southland.
(the only reason I know that is because I had googled various officials names to try to determine their conference affiliation, and the Big 12 games came up as results as well as the FCS games)

putter
December 16th, 2008, 05:13 PM
More importantly, where is the re-play officials from? And please don't tell me the ACC.....

ASUTed
December 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM
If last years game would have been without replay we may still be waiting for a call on Flacco's touchdown pass. I am happy for montana/richmond that they get better refs than any of us have had all year. I am still not over the call in the app/richmond game when the guy called a catch and the receiver was standing 2 feet out of bounds.

Ronbo
December 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Big 12? Have they been brought up to speed on the FCS spotting rules that place the ball at least a half-yard from where it went dead?

God yes! We had a Patriot crew in the Weber game that put the ball 1 yard back on many Griz plays.

Peems
December 16th, 2008, 05:31 PM
God yes! We had a Patriot crew in the Weber game that put the ball 1 yard back on many Griz plays.

I thought the Patriot crew was not bad at all

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I thought the Patriot crew was not bad at all

You've got to keep in mind who posted that. xlolx

CatMom07
December 16th, 2008, 06:29 PM
There is at least one FCS league whose officials also worked at least some Big 12 games. I think it may be the Southland.
(the only reason I know that is because I had googled various officials names to try to determine their conference affiliation, and the Big 12 games came up as results as well as the FCS games)

Yes, this is true - training ground. Sorry to tell you

THEY SUCK TOO!

They are not familiar with how to actually spot a ball. We had 2 games where they put it wrong more than once - on both teams.

Ronbo
December 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
You've got to keep in mind who posted that. xlolx

You're a putz dude. That crew called four holds against us and ZERO on Weber State and they were grabbing jerseys and holding on every play. What game did you watch or were you one of the drunks so out of their minds they didn't know what was going on??? xoopsx xrolleyesx

Rob Iola
December 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I believe Ed Hochuli will be the ref...

You might want to bring change for the coin flip...

CID1990
December 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Things could be worse than any of the aforementioned scenarios. They could be SoCon refs.

Appguy
December 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Anything is better than the MEAC fiasco last year.

because it had sucha huge impact on the final score.....xrolleyesx

Zoo
December 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I believe Ed Hochuli will be the ref...

You might want to bring change for the coin flip...

That man is ripped from what I hear. xlolx

The MEAC crew last year for the Championship game was not a great decision.

TexasTerror
December 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Big 12 and Southland officials are one in the way. The leagues share crews. Members of Big 12 games regularly work SLC games and vice-versa. It's part of our partnership. The #2 guy in the Big 12 as far as officiating goes is the head of SLC officiating.

HIU 93
December 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
More importantly, where is the re-play officials from? And please don't tell me the ACC.....

FCS doesn't use replay. And what is wrong with the ACC replay officials?

grizzpaw
December 17th, 2008, 09:13 AM

did you watch the game?xoopsx

GannonFan
December 17th, 2008, 09:36 AM
because it had sucha huge impact on the final score.....xrolleyesx

It had no impact on the outcome of the game, but it certainly impacted an 11 point swing in the first half. Being down by 10 rather than 21 at the half would've made the game look different. But again, the outcome was the same.

mcveyrl
December 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
That man is ripped from what I hear. xlolx

The MEAC crew last year for the Championship game was not a great decision.

Seriously. If Ed Hochuli is the official, you better bring Chuck Norris or Rodney Landers for the coin flip.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 17th, 2008, 09:47 AM
It had no impact on the outcome of the game, but it certainly impacted an 11 point swing in the first half. Being down by 10 rather than 21 at the half would've made the game look different. But again, the outcome was the same.

Agreed, not gonna xdeadhorsex about the why's and how's, just glad it didn't affect the outcome of the game. xpeacex

ur2k
December 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
FCS doesn't use replay

Yes they do - in the semis and final.

putter
December 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM

HIU,

They did use replay for both semi-final games and I believe they will use it for the NC. You must not have watched the JMU/Montana game. First game all year they use replay and 2 controversial call had a large effect on the game. Not the outcome, but the scenario

sharkeycox
December 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
The Southland/Big 12 crews are not very good. They seem to have trouble with the back judge and field judge area.

Many phantom interference calls and some calls that are never made that should have been made. Also, offensive holding is rarely called by the referee.xcoffeex

El Gato
December 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
The Southland/Big 12 crews are not very good. They seem to have trouble with the back judge and field judge area.

Many phantom interference calls and some calls that are never made that should have been made. Also, offensive holding is rarely called by the referee.xcoffeex

I'd have to agree with that statement.xnodx

CatMom07
December 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Can I add late hits and roughing to that? I think that covers most of the things they miss.

McTailGator
December 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Don't know what they'll announce as their technical affiliation, but all 7 officials worked at least in part a Big XII schedule. At least one member worked a full Big XII schedule.

Yuk

That tells me they are part of the Southland Conference.

The Southland and the Big XII share officials throughout the year.

Look for this to turn into a gils basketball or flag football type of game.

Players should not sneaze or a flag will be thrown.

And FORGET about getting a holding penalty unless it is 30 years away from the play.

xsmhx

MacThor
December 20th, 2008, 09:54 AM

So...........how funny was it that on Montana's first drive, they missed the spot by two yards?

Of course the replay officials overruled that ridiculous spot, and Chase picked up the two yards on the next play.

93henfan
December 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM
The refs last night were far better than the slop the MEAC put out on the field last year, regardless of how either game went. I'm a fan of FBS officials and replay in the FCS title game. No grudges held or even the perception of a grudge where there might not actually be one.

93henfan
December 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
The refs last night were far better than the slop the MEAC put out on the field last year, regardless of how either game went. I'm a fan of FBS officials and replay in the FCS title game. No grudges held or even the perception of a grudge where there might not actually be one.

That spot at the six was egregious on the Montana play but at least they got it right. The player did slide quite a distance on the play and it may have been tough to tell when he was actually down in real time.

texcap
December 20th, 2008, 10:14 AM
So...........how funny was it that on Montana's first drive, they missed the spot by two yards?

Of course the replay officials overruled that ridiculous spot, and Chase picked up the two yards on the next play.

I noticed another bad spot on a Richmond play later in the 4th quarter that was about 1 to 1.5 yards short. They never looked at that one though.

There seemed to be a lot of penalties in the game, but most of the calls were legitimate.