PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Championship Game

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Having never been to Finley Stadium or an I-AA National Championship game I just bought tickets to this year’s game on December 16th. Currently I am living in Athens, GA so it is only about a two hour drive and I got pretty good seats (Section 124, Row 1, seat 19 & 20 (end row seats)) I am wondering if anyone has ever been if their team isn't playing in the game? Is it a fun atmosphere? How is the stadium? The tailgating? While my fingers are crossed that Georgia Southern will be there along with me, if they aren't I am looking forward to a great game.

grizband
November 18th, 2005, 01:12 PM
The atmosphere is pretty good. Its a nice stadium, and the new SprinTurf this year should make it even better. It has a covered pavilion area where the tailgates take place, which seem to be pretty good (I was in the band both times I went, so Im not really sure).

If GSU doesn't make it, you should still have a pretty good time. It seems to me that most I-AA fans are welcoming of outsiders into their parties.

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I also booked a room at the Staybridge Suits, the website says it is less than .3 miles from the stadium. Anyone know anything about the area?

bandl
November 18th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Since you're so close to the field, maybe you could check out the turf for some of the Montana D-Line's shoes...they may still be buried there after the last NC game.

...I've only got 2 days before I have to quit it with the cheap shots. :o :D

ASU Kep
November 18th, 2005, 02:19 PM
How do you go about getting tix? How much do they cost? I've heard lately that they've had trouble selling out, in that case are tickets available at the gates? Can I reserve tickets behind the ASU bench? :)

Help would be appreciated. :)

Cincy App
November 18th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Butler, I plan to make it to the championship game also - regardless of participants. I'm less than two hours away so travel isn't an issue for me either. The atmosphere is pretty good but the weather will likely be cold since it's a late kickoff. The last title game I was able to attend was WKU-McNeese.

November 18th, 2005, 04:27 PM
How do you go about getting tix? How much do they cost? I've heard lately that they've had trouble selling out, in that case are tickets available at the gates? Can I reserve tickets behind the ASU bench? :)

Help would be appreciated. :)
Check my signature.

Tailbone
November 18th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Since you're so close to the field, maybe you could check out the turf for some of the Montana D-Line's shoes...they may still be buried there after the last NC game.

...I've only got 2 days before I have to quit it with the cheap shots. :o :D

Thanks Bandl, but since we'll be there again this year, we'll look for ourselves. :)

BTW: If we see any of your stuff well send it to ya. :D

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Tickets are not a problem at all right now, I'm on the 50 yard line first row. I'm sitting across from the press box, it'll feel like the ole'GSU student section that way ;-)

Fairly cheap too, $20 bucks

Mr. C
November 18th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I also booked a room at the Staybridge Suits, the website says it is less than .3 miles from the stadium. Anyone know anything about the area?
The area around the stadium is kind of rough, but I've never heard about any crime problems during the games. I generally stay within walking distance. Just have to keep your eyes open and be careful.

gsugt1
November 18th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I have been three times 98,99,2000. Man what a party. I hope to be back this year watching GSU.

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I have been three times 98,99,2000. Man what a party. I hope to be back this year watching GSU.

Go ahead and book your seats gsugt1, I would love to sit beside you during the game. If it turns out boring, you and I have plenty we can discuss ;-)

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2005, 09:35 PM
The area around the stadium is kind of rough, but I've never heard about any crime problems during the games. I generally stay within walking distance. Just have to keep your eyes open and be careful.

I'm staying at Staybridge Suits, it says .3 miles from the stadium. Is that about right? I am hoping to be able to walk to the stadium from our hotel.

UDChE89
November 19th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I'm staying at Staybridge Suits, it says .3 miles from the stadium. Is that about right? I am hoping to be able to walk to the stadium from our hotel.

ButlerGSU, you have a PM