PDA

View Full Version : Murray State fires coach

OSRacer
November 18th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Not surprising but sad....from the Racerinsider.com

In what Athletic Director Allen Ward termed a “tough decision”, he has notified Joe Pannunzio that he will not recommend an extension for the six-year head coach of the Murray State football program.

“After taking the time to carefully evaluate our football program this season, I feel it is best at this time to move in a new direction. I sincerely want to thank Coach Pannunzio for his service to the university and I wish him the very best in his future coaching endeavors,” Ward said.

“In light of the struggles we have had on the field this year, I felt the recommendation to not renew Coach Pannunzio’s contract is the only one I could make at this point.” Ward stated. “It is unfortunate that we could not have been more successful this season which might have allowed me to consider other factors more extensively before making my recommendation.”

Ward said the search for a new coach begins immediately. “I intend to move quickly to hire a new coach in order to give him as much time as possible to assemble his staff and begin recruiting,” Ward stated. “However, my top priority is to get the best possible coach for Murray State University.”

Pannunzio finished his career at Murray State with an overall record of 30-37

Cap'n Cat
November 18th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Not surprising but sad....from the Racerinsider.com

In what Athletic Director Allen Ward termed a “tough decision”, he has notified Joe Pannunzio that he will not recommend an extension for the six-year head coach of the Murray State football program.

“After taking the time to carefully evaluate our football program this season, I feel it is best at this time to move in a new direction. I sincerely want to thank Coach Pannunzio for his service to the university and I wish him the very best in his future coaching endeavors,” Ward said.

“In light of the struggles we have had on the field this year, I felt the recommendation to not renew Coach Pannunzio’s contract is the only one I could make at this point.” Ward stated. “It is unfortunate that we could not have been more successful this season which might have allowed me to consider other factors more extensively before making my recommendation.”

Ward said the search for a new coach begins immediately. “I intend to move quickly to hire a new coach in order to give him as much time as possible to assemble his staff and begin recruiting,” Ward stated. “However, my top priority is to get the best possible coach for Murray State University.”

Pannunzio finished his career at Murray State with an overall record of 30-37

Too bad.

:(

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Always sucks to lose your job :bang:

Killsback
November 18th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Could not have happened to a "nicer" guy. Pannunzio recruited thugs and it was wonderful to see him and the Racers struggle the last three years.