PDA

View Full Version : Alcorn's ex-coach files lawsuit

813Jag
December 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
This is getting ugly. Alcorn's ex-coach Jones has filed a lawsuit (http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2008/dec/13/jones-files-3m-lawsuit-against-alcorn-state/).

Lehigh Football Nation
December 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hamilton refused to explain why the coaches were fired but said the decision was made the day after the Braves 26-21 loss to Jackson State in the Capital City Classic Nov. 22 in Jackson.

But in a Dec. 8 meeting with Ross, all seven coaches were reinstated.

The Braves went 2-10 in their first season under Jones, but lost six games by 6 points or less and four games in the final minute of play.

Despite the turmoil, Jones is still recruiting.

The coach was leaving a recruiting stop at Velma Jackson High School early Friday afternoon.

All Jones would say was that he was continuing with business as usual.

xeekx

WTF is going on at Alcorn!?!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM
This is getting ugly. Alcorn's ex-coach Jones has filed a lawsuit (http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2008/dec/13/jones-files-3m-lawsuit-against-alcorn-state/).

Well, that AD is an a$$ of the highest order. I hope the coach wins, no one should be treated the way that staff was.

kalm
December 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Well, that AD is an a$$ of the highest order. I hope the coach wins, no one should be treated the way that staff was.

Anyone at EWU could have told you that. He was showing the same type of behaviour and seemed fond of playing a little grab ass and tickle fanny as well:

EWU Fires Athletic Director
Darren Hamilton has been terminated after seven months
Cary Rosenbaum II, Online Editor
Issue date: 3/14/07 Section: News
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1
Former Athletic Director Darren Hamilton has been fired from Eastern Wasington University. (Photo Courtesy of EWU.edu)

Dr. Darren Hamilton, after just over seven months on the job, was fired Thursday after complaints were filed at a coaches meeting with President Rodolfo Arevalo. Complaints were also brought forth by associate athletic directors Mike Allen and Pam Parks.

Hamilton met with Arevalo after being unaware of the coaches meeting.

"We made a mutual agreement that I would resign from Eastern," Hamilton told The Spokesman Review. "It just wasn't a good fit."

It was alleged that Hamilton had sexually harassed two coaches at his Christmas party at his home in Cheney, Wash.

The first instance was at the party where Hamilton allegedly touched a female coach inappropriately.

The second complaint alleges that Hamilton attempted to kiss a female employee on her way out, a claim he denies.

"There were no findings, no substantiation," Hamilton said. "I told you before I respect the process, I was cooperative and I was satisfied with the outcome."

When asked if that included the second complaint, he added, "Yes but there was no substantiation, no findings."

Hamilton would like to remain in college athletics but remain closer to his wife's family in Pennsylvania. His wife, Sherry, is on the Eastern faculty in the Physical Education department and has chosen to stay until the end of the school year.

Hamilton, a former Penn State football player, had the following to state after his brief stint at EWU.

"I still see Eastern as a gold mine," he said. "When they're ready to take that step (jaws will drop)."

813Jag
December 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Looks like Alcorn got a beauty just like we did in LaFleur. xnonono2x