PDA

View Full Version : Losing in the Semis is HARD!

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Four great teams but only two can advance... heartbreaking and legendmaking

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Is that Mickey?

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Is that Mickey?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xoutofrepx

Grizaholic17
December 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
HAHAHA, that is not mickey. I noticed that during the game. Some coach from JMU...but not Mickey. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Felt bad for that receiver...but in response to the "mickey mathews" thread, you can't teach clutch time plays.

Grizalltheway
December 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Yup, it's arguably harder than losing in the CG, especially if it's at home.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
wow, did not expect the classless reponses... ever heard of empathy? Hearts getting torn out is not that funny. All football fans should recognize that.

Ronbo
December 14th, 2008, 11:33 PM
All I did was ask if it was Mickey. What is classless about that? Did not even put a laugh by it.

Grizaholic17
December 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
wow, did not expect the classless reponses... ever heard of empathy? Hearts getting torn out is not that funny. All football fans should recognize that.

are you really going to make this thread smack too? low blow.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:36 PM
All I did was ask if it was Mickey. What is classless about that? Did not even put a laugh by it.I did not say any names Ronbo. Just people laughing at other's sorrows with their smack.

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 11:37 PM

Of course we all understand that, sheesh. We've all been that person at some point in the last few years.

Grizaholic17
December 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I did not say any names Ronbo. Just people laughing at other's sorrows with their smack.

I personally have not seen any classlessness on this thread. And it's all light hearted anyway. Pipe down there SE

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM

So, does Mickey have the market cornered on class? xeyebrowx
I think that is more where the comments were coming from. xtwocentsx

gbhmt
December 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM
So, does Mickey have the market cornered on class? xeyebrowx
I think that is more where the comments were coming from. xtwocentsx

Yeah it's hard not to have a chip on your shoulder with his comments that essentially boiled down to "we should have won" on top of his history of classless comments.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
HAHAHA, that is not mickey. I noticed that during the game. Some coach from JMU...but not Mickey. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Felt bad for that receiver...but in response to the "mickey mathews" thread, you can't teach clutch time plays.
I personally have not seen any classlessness on this thread. And it's all light hearted anyway. Pipe down there SE1. don't tell me what I can say or not say. 2. You laughing at another team's head coach is SMACK. Then saying "I feel bad but ..." is even more.

Why not just say that losing is tough in the semis? xsmhx No team's coach involved was pure in the UM/JMU game.

Grizaholic17
December 14th, 2008, 11:44 PM
1. don't tell me what I can say or not say. 2. You laughing at another team's head coach is SMACK. Then saying "I feel bad but ..." is even more.

Why not just say that losing is tough in the semis? xsmhx

That was in response to Ronbo's post. I was answering the question. Should I remove the xlolx 's to better suit the board and make it a more comfortable environment?

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I feel bad for the two teams that did not make it and the pic I posted showed the deep disappointment. That is what this thread is about. Not smack at coaches. Not smack at players. Not personal smack at AGS members. Just the gut wrenching finality.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 14th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I feel bad for the two teams that did not make it and the pic I posted showed the deep disappointment. That is what this thread is about. Not smack at coaches. Not smack at players. Not personal smack at AGS members. Just the gut wrenching finality.

Well, you did give birth to this baby, we don't always like what our children do :D (I've learned this the hard way xnodx )

Cleets
December 14th, 2008, 11:53 PM
It's just football... xeyebrowx
Nobody died

If you want to see "Classless" please check out my thread where I call out the JMU cheerleaders as "pretty ugly"
now that is classless... it also happens to be funny (or at least entertaining)

it has morphed into a proper cheerleading thread (as I knew it would)

xwhistlex

DaGriz
December 14th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Come on Syntax, that top picture is pretty funny. It has nothing to do with talking smack. When is the last time you saw a coach do that in any game? You're over reacting a little. Can you imagine Urban Meyer doing that or Lou Holtz? Replace the jerseys with any two teams and that's a funny picture.

Syntax Error
December 14th, 2008, 11:56 PM
...don't always like what our children do...All I see are Griz fan responses... xreadx

Grizaholic17
December 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Only Griz fan responses... xreadx

indubitably xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

putter
December 14th, 2008, 11:57 PM

There was absolutely no smack on those responses. When you circled that person on the sidelines, that was my first thought also. Was that Matthews? Just a question SE. Not one person said, I hope that was MM or anything like that. Maybe you should have pointed out that you felt sorry for the coach and player (who was not lying there, he had just finished hitting the receiver)

I don't remember you posting anything like this after Montana lost to UMass 2 years ago.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Only Griz fan responses... xreadx

Come on now, the thread sure smelled of a little smack from the pictures. Maybe it's just me, but that is my take. xpeacex

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Come on Syntax, that top picture is pretty funny...They are both funny if laughing at other's sorrows is funny to you.

Sorry. I guess this thread was inappropriate. xoopsx

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 12:01 AM
All I see are Griz fan responses... xreadx

nice edit.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:04 AM
... I don't remember you posting anything like this after Montana lost to UMass 2 years ago.I can't vouch for your memory.

BTW, I knew after seeing all Griz responses that this would turn into anti-SE.

putter
December 15th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Anti-SE? You were the one who started hammering on Griz fans because of our lack of sensitivity. Yet, you forget that 2 years ago the Griz lost the semi-final at home to UMass. 4 years ago the Griz lost the NC game. I think, if anyone can understand what UNI and JMU fans are experiencing it is Montana fans.

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Anti-SE? You were the one who started hammering on Griz fans because of our lack of sensitivity. Yet, you forget that 2 years ago the Griz lost the semi-final at home to UMass. 4 years ago the Griz lost the NC game. I think, if anyone can understand what UNI and JMU fans are experiencing it is Montana fans.

might as well stop playing into his hands. he could go allllll day. It's a disgrace to have a griz symbol in his avatar.

MTGrizzFan
December 15th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I felt sorry when i looked at the pic....the thread is damn funny now tho

xlolx xrotatehx xlolx

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Anti-SE? You were the one who started hammering on Griz fans because of our lack of sensitivity.Stop it. I hate to see a great program like the Griz be represented like this. Laughing at the other team's coaches and players when the thread is about heartbreaking and legendmaking.
might as well stop playing into his..."Anti-SE?" you asked putter? I guess you got your answer. xsmhx Good night and see you at the game.

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Stop it. I hate to see a great program like the Griz be represented like this. Laughing at the other team's coaches and players when the thread is about heartbreaking and legendmaking."Anti-SE?" you asked putter? I guess you got your answer. xsmhx Good night and see you at the game.

btw, I hope i do see you at the game. It will be a fun little get together. keep in touch ralphie.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM
btw, I hope i do see you at the game. It will be a fun little get together. keep in touch ralphie.Same as before Billy-Bob G

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Same as before Billy-Bob

it's max...but thanks.

DuckDuckGriz
December 15th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Ralph you know these guys and I know you know they didn't intend smack or anything like that over. I was wondering myself if that was MM in that photo. Truthfully.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:39 AM
you know these guys and I know you know they didn't intend smack or anything like that over. I was wondering myself if that was MM in that photo. Truthfully.DDG, but it was smack and completely different than the thread topic. C'mon, MM is a head coach (who talks trash just like BH) and unless you are Woody Hayes they never act like that. xnodx

I think I know these guys posting, have met them before in Missoula or at playoff games, but you know how they are. Gotta impress their friends. xlolx

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM
DDG, but it was smack and completely different than the thread topic. C'mon, MM is a head coach (who talks trash just like BH) and unless you are Woody Hayes they never act like that. xnodx

I think I know these guys posting, have met them before in Missoula or at playoff games, but you know how they are. Gotta impress their friends. xlolx

love ya too se

DuckDuckGriz
December 15th, 2008, 12:43 AM
DDG, but it was smack and completely different than the thread topic. C'mon, MM is a head coach (who talks trash just like BH) and unless you are Woody Hayes they never act like that. xnodx

No it's a legit thought. Mickey was dressed just like that - and was just as animated. Take for instance when JMU won the replay on the 2PC - you'da thought he had just won the game raising his arms up and jumping (and that's not smack either). I would not have been surprised if he had acted like that in the heat of the game, but I got to thinking he wouldn't be that far down the sideline.

Shellin
December 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I will be honest, originally I thought the thread was intended to be *slightly* smackish (<----a real word?) by the pictures and then the use of uppercase letters in the title. As was pointed out by another fan in here we have lost the NC and at home in the semis in the past 4 years, we know better than anyone (except maybe UNI, since they have suffered the exact same fate in that time span) that losing when you advance this far hurts.

With all that said, I would be lying if I said I didn't think it was MM for an instant there or that I haven't gotten a little bit of a chuckle about the direction the thread took.

DuckDuckGriz
December 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
That's true. We do know that hurt. That 2000 Chatty lost to GSU still stings.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
... gotten a little bit of a chuckle about the direction the thread took.Point made. xrulesx You Griz fans, still the only ones responding, please relax.

Cleets
December 15th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Yeesh... xoopsx

It would take a highly qualified Psychiatrist to analyze the contents of this thread in proper detail

suffice to say: I'm not - so I won't but... I'm smart enough to see the below trend
1) A baited thread topic
2) the set-up post
3) a marginal (not even hook line and sinker) nibble on the bait
4) The angler calling "check mate" prematurely
5) The eventual retaliation...

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Yeesh... xoopsx

It would take a highly qualified Psychiatrist to analyze the contents of this thread in proper detail

suffice to say: I'm not - so I won't but... I'm smart enough to see the below trend
1) A baited thread topic
2) the set-up post
3) a marginal (not even hook line and sinker) nibble on the bait
4) The angler calling "check mate" prematurely
5) The eventual retaliation...

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

Bah duh duh duh duh...I'm Lovin It.

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mcdonalds1.jpg

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Yeesh... kind of heartless in not seeing the thread for what it is but still only Griz fans have responded.

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 01:17 AM
kind of heartless in not seeing the thread for what it is but still only Griz fans have responded.

Because we were the ones that truly cared. We wanted to sympathize for those men on the ground.

DuckDuckGriz
December 15th, 2008, 01:17 AM
kind of heartless in not seeing the thread for what it is but still only Griz fans have responded.

Beauty of still being up.

Thank Mountain and Pacific Standard Timezones.

Cleets
December 15th, 2008, 01:23 AM

Only Griz fans are awake... xlolx
wait 'till morning

BTW: Syntax - you know - I'm having fun with this

A key point:
Losing is hard - no doubt it's the hardest thing
the second hardest thing is winning with complete dignity

we've seen both good and bad winners on AGS this year...
and thank god for that: Imagine how boring it would be if we all acted like The Count of Bullington's Noble Squire, Sir Edward of Devonshire

Blah....xoopsx this place would be a ghost town... we'd be stepping over tumble weeds to blow the dust off our keboard
all to compliment the Fine sportmanship and the elegant Marques of Queensbury Rules Department

but we're all human and do the best we can
and try to have a little fun along the way
Without taking ourselves too seriously

xbowx

Shellin
December 15th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Only Griz fans are awake... xlolx
wait 'till morning

BTW: Syntax - you know - I'm having fun with this

A key point:
Losing is hard - no doubt it's the hardest thing
the second hardest thing is winning with complete dignity

we've seen both good and bad winners on AGS this year...
and thank god for that: Imagine how boring it would be if we all acted like Count of Bullington's Noble Squire, Sir Edward of Devonshire

Blah....xoopsx this place would be a ghost town... we'd be stepping over tumble weeds to blow the dust off our keboard
all to compliment the Fine sportmanship and the elegant Marques of Queensbury Rules Department

but we're all human and do the best we can
and try to have a little fun along the way
WITHOUT taking ourselves too seriously

xbowx

Pretty much agree with this Cleets fellow on all accounts here. I know I honestly meant no disrespect to either UNI or JMU in here. Both were great teams this season and both are great programs who just got outplayed ever-so-slightly this weekend by another great team.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 01:32 AM
yeah, when I screengrabbed those two pics though the empathy struck home... I circled them both to remind those who do not remember that the difference between victory and defeat is sometimes so small but always crushing.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 01:35 AM
haha cleets my friend, fixed for you:
Yeesh...

It would take a highly qualified FCS fan to analyze the contents of this thread in proper detail

suffice to say:
1) A thread topic that says it is hard to lose in the semis
2) the set-up post that shows two similar face-down persons on the losing teams (obviously in defeat - agony of defeat)
3) two follow up posts that laugh at them
4) a followup saying please show empathy
5) The eventual personalisation of attack on the thread starter...Did you book your Chatty trip yet?

Cleets
December 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM
yeah, when I screengrabbed those two pics though the empathy struck home... I circled them both to remind those who do not remember that the difference between victory and defeat is so small but always crushing.

Understood... and appreciated (sincerely)
it's hard to win and be gracious also

both are tough - Most people forget this: The only thing harder than quitting smoking...
is starting smoking... it's almost impossible to get a healthy human body to accept a cig...

both are very difficult / and there is no shame in doing either (winning or losing) poorly

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
... it's hard to win and be gracious ... and there is no shame in doing either (winning or losing) poorlyI disagree with that. xthumbsupx

Cleets
December 15th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I disagree with that. xthumbsupx

I know you disagree with that...
Most people do... it's what makes me special xcoffeex I'll PM you if I can pull it off.. (the Chatty trip) I want to meet you badly
I'll try to see you in Chatty

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2008, 02:14 AM
This thread seems kind of baited...

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
"I'm a Griz fan!" continued... geez does no other fan feel empathy for losing in the semis? Gawd. Look at them. Face down in the turf. What does the agony of defeat mean to you uofmman1122? Is it baited? Or is it something else?

uofmman1122
December 15th, 2008, 02:29 AM
"I'm a Griz fan!" continued... geez does no other fan feel empathy for losing in the semis? Gawd. Look at them. Face down in the turf. What does the agony of defeat mean to you uofmman1122? Is it baited? Or is it something else?Well, of course it sucks. There are many ways that people show or deal with defeat, and these two are shown face down in agony. I remember sitting on the cement steps of Washington Grizzly Stadium last year bawling like a 10 year-old girl after Carpenter missed that field goal. Your first post isn't what's baited, IMO. To answer your question, yes it looks like agony in those two pictures, but it's not like you can't make light out of the situation. It's almost like posting a picture of an old lady in a wheel chair about to fall backwards down a flight of stairs, with a contorted face and flailing arms. It's horrible, and I feel terrible, but that doesn't mean it can't also be hilarious.

What's baited is how you seem to be egging us Griz fans on and jumping to conclusions about what we post, even after they explain themselves. Even if that's not your intent, it seems like it is to me.

So yes, losing sucks balls, but if we dwell on the agony, we never get over it. xpeacex

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Well, of course it sucks... losing sucks balls, but if we dwell on the agony, we never get over it. xpeacex
没有痛苦没有获取

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 02:45 AM
basically................ no pain no gain is what you are saying. I am saying there is pain which many in this thread seem to discount though they know it. I know it. I have felt the Griz pain. I have been there. Count the good and acknowledge the bad. That is all.

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 02:46 AM
My wife just told me "One is cultivated, one is harvested." You know.

Grizaholic17
December 15th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I think we can all just agree that Syntax Error is an angler fishing in a pool of piranhas. His fight, our bite. I think we all like it a little too much. :p xpeacex

Shellin
December 15th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm not gonna lie...i'm starting to get creeped out by the Grizzlytick...can you imagine what would happen if you actually saw one of those things... I thought these critters were bad enough.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1934/deertickal0.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deertickal0.jpg) http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4415/woodtickmk6.th.jpg (http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=woodtickmk6.jpg)

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Count the good and acknowledge the bad. My wife just told me "One is cultivated, one is harvested."I just thanked her once again for this reminder. There are two outcomes........... one you bake and one you take.

MacThor
December 15th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the UNI player just got knocked over by Joe Stewart in that photo. I do believe he stayed down though, as JS celebrated.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 15th, 2008, 07:32 AM
"I'm a Griz fan!" continued... geez does no other fan feel empathy for losing in the semis? Gawd. Look at them. Face down in the turf. What does the agony of defeat mean to you uofmman1122? Is it baited? Or is it something else?

I can. In 2001 my team came into the semis 27-0 in home playoff games and lost at home to the arch-rival. xoopsx

That was even worse than the time we fumbled away the winning possession in the NC against the arch-rival. xbangx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 15th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Because we were the ones that truly cared. We wanted to sympathize for those men on the ground.

Or that the thread was started at 12:30 when all us CAA "east coast bias" guys were fast asleep.

Appstate29
December 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I can't vouch for your memory.

BTW, I knew after seeing all Griz responses that this would turn into anti-SE.

Terrell Owens called, he wants his paranoia back.

Well, The Griz fans might not have resorted to smack but I will. HAHA JMU. Sweet vindication.

Proud Griz Man
December 15th, 2008, 09:16 AM
All I did was ask if it was Mickey. What is classless about that? Did not even put a laugh by it.

Shame, shame, shame on you Ronbo. Classless slam dunk. xwhistlex

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Shame, shame, shame on you Ronbo. Classless slam dunk. xwhistlex

Haha come on guys honestly! Did you really think it was Mickey? His ego would never let him do that. I thought we were all quite aware of that by now.xlolx

Proud Griz Man
December 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Point made. xrulesx You Griz fans, still the only ones responding, please relax.

My point is, that after continuously hearing about Montana's road-playoff record for the last 5+ years, one might think that there would be some respect offered by the Eastern and Mid-Western people.
The reason I joined this board was because of the Delaware fans calling us the Big Fluffy and denigrating our region's football. For perspective, Rewind two years to the UMass-Griz semi and turn this around. Did Ralph, Coulson, Bruce Dowd or anyone else sympathize with the semi-final losers, or did they just talk about the CAA superiority? xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Proud Griz Man
December 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Haha come on guys honestly! Did you really think it was Mickey? His ego would never let him do that. I thought we were all quite aware of that by now.xlolx

Hi PPE. I didn't recognize the JMU coach, and didn't guess who it was. xcoffeex

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Hi PPE. I didn't recognize the JMU coach, and didn't guess who it was. xcoffeex

My comments were more of a shot at making fun of Mickey than anything else. xpeacex

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 10:14 AM
My comments were more of a shot at making fun of Mickey than anything else. xpeacex

Nice, reps to you. We gotta laugh this shiz off, life it too short not too. xnodx xpeacex

RE/MAXGriz
December 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Seems like Syntax Error got the responses he was hoping for by starting this thread, good work.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Seems like Syntax Error got the responses he was hoping for by starting this thread, good work.

Agreed, there is no way it wasn't a baited topic. xcoffeex

RE/MAXGriz
December 15th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Agreed, there is no way it wasn't a baited topic. xcoffeex

He lobs the softball for fans to talk smack, and then fans the flames at the slightest suggestion of it. Apparently it the Griz fans fault though.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM
He lobs the softball for fans to talk smack, and then fans the flames at the slightest suggestion of it. Apparently it the Griz fans fault though.

I guess we gotta do something this week, it sure as hell won't be work :D

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Nice, reps to you. We gotta laugh this shiz off, life it too short not too. xnodx xpeacex

Agreed. xrotatehx

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Terrell Owens called, he wants his paranoia back.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
baited topic.
He lobs the softball for fans to talk smack, and then fans the flames at the slightest suggestion of it. Apparently it the Griz fans fault though.See? So cynical. Oh well, think what you want. Nice meeting you before re/max.

cyn⋅i⋅cal   /ˈsɪnɪkəl
–adjective 1. like or characteristic of a cynic; distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.

xcoffeex

SunCoastBlueHen
December 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
trans⋅par⋅ent   /trænsˈpɛərənt, -ˈpær-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [trans-pair-uhnt, -par-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective easily seen through, recognized, or detected. Manifest; obvious.

GtFllsGriz
December 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
"My point is, that after continuously hearing about Montana's road-playoff record for the last 5+ years, one might think that there would be some respect offered by the Eastern and Mid-Western people.
The reason I joined this board was because of the Delaware fans calling us the Big Fluffy and denigrating our region's football. For perspective, Rewind two years to the UMass-Griz semi and turn this around. Did Ralph, Coulson, Bruce Dowd or anyone else sympathize with the semi-final losers, or did they just talk about the CAA superiority"

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! WELL PUT!

Syntax Error
December 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
... Bruce Dowd ...The guy who writes a weekly CAA column?

Will this thread ever go back on topic?

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM
See? So cynical. Oh well, think what you want. Nice meeting you before re/max.

cyn⋅i⋅cal   /ˈsɪnɪkəl
–adjective 1. like or characteristic of a cynic; distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.

xcoffeex
Using your definition, I would argue that you were being cynical towards the intial responders of this thread by accusing them of smack.

Appstate29
December 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Using your definition, I would argue that you were being cynical towards the intial responders of this thread by accusing them of smack.

stop making this an anti-Se thread and get back on topic. The semis are hard I'm super cereal!

The world revolves around me.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Will this thread ever go back on topic?

xbeerchugx xpopcornx xbeerchugx xpopcornx xsmiley_wix

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 15th, 2008, 01:01 PM
You better believe the Semi's are [H]ard. They took down Superman for pity sake!

texcap
December 15th, 2008, 01:14 PM
You better believe the Semi's are [H]ard. They took down Superman for pity sake!

Superman went down in the quarterfinals this year.

Black and Gold Express
December 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
1. don't tell me what I can say or not say.

Why not? You do it to everyone else daily.

RE/MAXGriz
December 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
See? So cynical. Oh well, think what you want. Nice meeting you before re/max.

xcoffeex

Don't think we've met before, have we?

And sorry man, but I do think this thread was quickly fanned to turn into smack.

Mod22
December 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM
50 posts were removed from this thread rather than moving the whole thing to smack. Please keep personal cross-talk out of the threads, since that contributes to the thread wandering off topic.

If I need to remove more let me know. If there is any more trouble, we can always close the thread.

Have fun.

RE/MAXGriz
December 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Sweet, so... um... losing sucks.

Those photos make me want to say something.... but... I... can't.....

Go Griz

GannonFan
December 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM
The reason I joined this board was because of the Delaware fans calling us the Big Fluffy and denigrating our region's football.

It is possible to respect Montana's program, especially in the years when they have a really good team, yet still not respect the rest of the Big Sky. xpeacex

BlueHen86
December 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Sweet, so... um... losing sucks.

Those photos make me want to say something.... but... I... can't.....

Go Griz
I think any close playoff loss is hard to take, regardless of which round it occurs.

The photos do a great job of capturing the spontaeous emotion of the moment.

UNHCATSFAN
December 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Try losing in the quarters 4 out of 5 years...

GrizzlyBill
December 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
The best part is that we fans have been treated to some GREAT games this year. Losing is hard, but to play is to risk loss. Neither JMU nor UNI ought to be too bummed. They both represented their conferences and the game very well. So they lost a close game; big deal! What they gave was noble and large. What they gained was a big life lesson. They also got to win a lot of games to get to that point on national tv.

Many, if not most, of us Griz fans were prepared to salute JMU as winners last Friday without too much sadness. It all comes down to expectations. All I really expect (unrealistically, I know) is good, hard play, smart coaching, and good sportsmanship. Winning or losing will follow naturally.

The success of certain programs, like App, the Griz, UNI, JMU, etc. comes from a lot of investment in those programs over a lot of years.

Anyway, losing shouldn't be so hard. Let's keep it in better perspective here. It's not like the losers are executed, or thrown to the crocodiles. The difference, at this level of the playoffs, is so slight between winning and losing. Let's just concentrate on the excellent play and celebrate that.

proasu89
December 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
The best part is that we fans have been treated to some GREAT games this year. Losing is hard, but to play is to risk loss. Neither JMU nor UNI ought to be too bummed. They both represented their conferences and the game very well. So they lost a close game; big deal! What they gave was noble and large. What they gained was a big life lesson. They also got to win a lot of games to get to that point on national tv.

Many, if not most, of us Griz fans were prepared to salute JMU as winners last Friday without too much sadness. It all comes down to expectations. All I really expect (unrealistically, I know) is good, hard play, smart coaching, and good sportsmanship. Winning or losing will follow naturally.

The success of certain programs, like App, the Griz, UNI, JMU, etc. comes from a lot of investment in those programs over a lot of years.

Anyway, losing shouldn't be so hard. Let's keep it in better perspective here. It's not like the losers are executed, or thrown to the crocodiles. The difference, at this level of the playoffs, is so slight between winning and losing. Let's just concentrate on the excellent play and celebrate that.

Well said.xnodx

JayJ79
December 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
yeah, when I screengrabbed those two pics though the empathy struck home... I circled them both to remind those who do not remember that the difference between victory and defeat is sometimes so small but always crushing.

No doubt. And of course, you can almost always look back through the game that was lost and see half a dozen or more things that "if only" they woulda gone your way, you would have won.

Of course, the adverse is also usually true after close wins. there is usually half a dozen or more things that would have made it a loss had they not gone your way.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM
This will probably get deleted as well, but I still think this thread should be moved to the smack boards. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they are wrong. I am sure if that coach you pictured looked at this thread, he would think it was smack and be plenty mad about it. xtwocentsx xpeacex

clenz
December 15th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the UNI player just got knocked over by Joe Stewart in that photo. I do believe he stayed down though, as JS celebrated.
Was he knocked over before or after the catch?