PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs faces complicated playoff scenario this season

inpsite1919
November 18th, 2005, 04:33 AM
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2005/11/18/sports/doc437d5a46d813b269965631.txt

Pough said last week that his team needed to have a good showing to improve their playoff chances. They immediately went out and defeated Morgan State 65-15.

“It’s funny, with the win the only thing everybody wants to talk about is the fake field goal,” Pough said. “Now we have one more game on our schedule against North Carolina A&T and we have to go out and make another statement to the voters.”

There are a number of situations that the Bulldogs can fall into, and Pough tried to explain them to the TD Club crowd.

“There have been a couple of games that have been bad for us already this season,” Pough said. “Georgia Southern defeated Furman, so that closed another at-large bid, and Northern Iowa defeated Southern Illinois which caused us some harm.

“Teams that wouldn’t normally be in the playoffs got in, and teams with better records will get at-large bids.”

According to Pough, SCSU fans need to be cheering for Montana, McNeese, Southern Illinois, Charleston Southern and Idaho State.

“The Montana/Montana State game is crucial, because if Montana wins they will take the bid from their conference,” Pough said. “If not then Montana will take an at-large bid away from us.”

Pough said that his players will be prepared for whatever situation happens after that game on Saturday.

“We can come back on Monday and get ready to play some more, or we can pack everything up and go on vacation,” Pough said. “The kids have been great this season, and they’re going to want to keep playing.”

Pough said there is a bright future for South Carolina State, but wants to get some recognition for this season.

“We should be an even better team next year with the talent that we have returning,” Pough said. “With that said, I still think we deserve to get into the playoffs this season as well.”

Hansel
November 18th, 2005, 07:41 AM
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2005/11/18/sports/doc437d5a46d813b269965631.txt
According to Pough, SCSU fans need to be cheering for Montana, McNeese, Southern Illinois, Charleston Southern and Idaho State.

Actually SCSU fans should cheer AGAINST SIU. If NDSU beat's them, SIU is out, NDSU is playoff ineligible so a win by us wouldn't hurt SIU.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Actually SCSU fans should cheer AGAINST SIU. If NDSU beat's them, SIU is out, NDSU is playoff ineligible so a win by us wouldn't hurt SIU.

u mean isn't?

rokamortis
November 18th, 2005, 07:50 AM
u mean isn't?

no - "is playoff ineligible"

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 07:54 AM
no - "is playoff ineligible"

its Friday, its too freaking cold, and I can't read today, carry on

Black and Gold Express
November 18th, 2005, 07:58 AM
its Friday, its too freaking cold, and I can't read today, carry on

What kind of ASU person are you? We don't get "cold". :eek:;)

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 08:04 AM
What kind of ASU person are you? We don't get "cold". :eek:;)

hey man, don't u remember, I'm in Raleigh, it was 80 two days ago

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 10:11 AM
hey man, don't u remember, I'm in Raleigh, it was 80 two days ago
Gotta love the south for that 80 degree weather.

AppGuy04
November 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Gotta love the south for that 80 degree weather.
and 40 degrees colder 2 days later