PDA

View Full Version : UM then and now

CopperCat
December 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I can't remember a time when the UM fanbase had such low expectations as they did before this season started. Now look what happened. The team that wasn't supposed to do much not only won a share of the conference crown, but they have battled their way to the NC game by beating the premier team of the CAA, as well as a team that beat them handily earlier in the season in the second round of the playoffs.

Where am I going with this? The answer is simple: Griz fans, you have absolutely no room to bitch anymore. You have what is probably one of the top 3 FCS/I-AA dynasties in the history of the sport. UM has a great athletic tradition, incredible facilities, and a highly supportive cadre of university officials. There are plenty of fans of other schools that would kill for that kind of setup, this fan included. So next season when you lose a few guys (to the NFL), your coach leaves (hypothetically), or you lose 3 or 4 games, just remember that what you have experienced is something many people won't ever see in their lifetime.

And Wolfman, dude, if you are still somewhere in the ether that is known as griznation, you couldn't have been more wrong.

Kick some grass next week guys. This is one "Montana" fan that would like to see you guys win it all.

Cleets
December 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I can't remember a time when the UM fanbase had such low expectations as they did before this season started. Now look what happened. The team that wasn't supposed to do much not only won a share of the conference crown, but they have battled their way to the NC game by beating the premier team of the CAA, as well as a team that beat them handily earlier in the season in the second round of the playoffs.

Where am I going with this? The answer is simple: Griz fans, you have absolutely no room to bitch anymore. You have what is probably one of the top 3 FCS/I-AA dynasties in the history of the sport. UM has a great athletic tradition, incredible facilities, and a highly supportive cadre of university officials. There are plenty of fans of other schools that would kill for that kind of setup, this fan included. So next season when you lose a few guys (to the NFL), your coach leaves (hypothetically), or you lose 3 or 4 games, just remember that what you have experienced is something many people won't ever see in their lifetime.

And Wolfman, dude, if you are still somewhere in the ether that is known as griznation, you couldn't have been more wrong.

Kick some grass next week guys. This is one "Montana" fan that would like to see you guys win it all.

ahem... *cough ..*cough
Is this the same FTG06 who is a Bobcat fan and typically speaks harshly towards The Griz...?

xwhistlex

I'm shocked (but I also happen to agree with you on every single point)

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I'd pay someone five dollars to find the post where Screamin_Eagle tells Wolfman that if the Griz win the NC, he should kiss his a$$ on the courthouse steps and Wolfie agreed.

cvbison1
December 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'll be cheerin for the mighty griz next friday. roooaaarrrrrrrrrrr

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'd pay someone five dollars to find the post where Screamin_Eagle tells Wolfman that if the Griz win the NC, he should kiss his a$$ on the courthouse steps and Wolfie agreed.

xlolx

This might end up like the Imagination Land episodes of South Park.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Wolfboy was saying that if Hauck wins the NC this year he'd kiss uofmman's @ss on the courthouse steps at high noon. I just simply made a retort.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50863&page=3&highlight=kiss+courthouse+steps

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2008, 04:50 PM
And I take cash or beer. xrulesx

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM
And I take cash or beer. xrulesx

How bout we'll just say that bottle of everclear will call it even?:D

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
How bout we'll just say that bottle of everclear will call it even?:D

Got two fifths of that death in the freeze right now... xnodx

How about a jug of Dirty Bong Water? And if you don't got any of that, I'll settle for some more rep. :D

grizband
December 13th, 2008, 06:16 PM

All class, FTG!!!

xoutofrepx

GrizzlyBill
December 13th, 2008, 07:17 PM

Beautiful! My sentiments exactly. This team has been a joy to watch. So many homeboy players doing so well. So much emotion.

Selfishly, I hope BH wants to stick around and try to build a dynasty like Robin Selvig has done here, but I expect he will be able to name his own price.

On another note: I do hope Wolfman shows up on the Board so he can claim his kiss.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Got two fifths of that death in the freeze right now... xnodx

How about a jug of Dirty Bong Water? And if you don't got any of that, I'll settle for some more rep. :D

Ah but I was referring to the fifth I already gave you.

But the rep shall suffice.xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Wolfboy was saying that if Hauck wins the NC this year he'd kiss uofmman's @ss on the courthouse steps at high noon. I just simply made a retort.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50863&page=3&highlight=kiss+courthouse+stepsxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I completely forgot about that! xlolx

I'll take a NC, and NOT getting my ass kissed by Wolfman, thank you very much. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I completely forgot about that! xlolx

I'll take a NC, and NOT getting my ass kissed by Wolfman, thank you very much. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Haha, plus, you'd have to fly back to the states and that'd be a waste of $ just to demoralize someone and acquire hemroids in the process. No thank you! xsmiley_wix

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Haha, plus, you'd have to fly back to the states and that'd be a waste of $ just to demoralize someone and acquire hemroids in the process. No thank you! xsmiley_wix
xoutofrepx

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

SteelCurtain
December 13th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Very impressed with the Griz team and their fans. Class acts. Your coach to do this year with basically a whole new team is very impressive.

Good luck next week and let's show the east coast boys how to play some football!!!

Proud Griz Man
December 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM
ahem... *cough ..*cough
Is this the same FTG06 who is a Bobcat fan and typically speaks harshly towards The Griz...?

xwhistlex

I'm shocked (but I also happen to agree with you on every single point)

A spaceship came down from Uranus and a space alien took over FTG06's keyboard and wrote something positive about the Griz.

Or maybe he "posted while drunk" and woke up the next morning with severe anxiety. xnodx

GolfingGriz
December 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Richmond doesn't represent everything that Montana does. We are representing the state of Montana, the Big Sky, and football west of the Missouri River. Threads like these completely represent this.