PDA

View Full Version : Question-ESPN

BossEagle
December 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
What is it with ESPN, that when i watch ESPN football games, the fields look much bigger for an FCS game then it would if i had watched a game played on the same field on a different network. I always wondered why i watched FBS games and the fields looked so bigger but i knew that it was the same dimensions. and then watcing ESPN last night the FCS field looked bigger. Do their cameras add ten lbs to fields??? xconfusedx

Tealblood
December 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
the cameras are lower to the ground because the stadium is smaller

dungeonjoe
December 13th, 2008, 08:00 AM
my question is about the lights/brightness. When Wofford played JMU, I could have sworn it seemed darker...of course, Wofford lost, so it may only be my perspective.:)

But it did look brighter on TV.

JayJ79
December 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
my question is about the lights/brightness. When Wofford played JMU, I could have sworn it seemed darker...of course, Wofford lost, so it may only be my perspective.:)

But it did look brighter on TV.

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought in additional lighting for last night's game.

Of course, I'm only basing that off the fact that they ran spots for MusCo lighting as the "official temporary lighting for the FCS playoffs" or something like that.

Plus, on a few shots where they showed the lights, it looked like there was two different hues of lights.

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
The field was very well lit last night.

The post that mentioned camera angles has it right. I can't stand to watch a basketball game from Indiana's Assembly Hall, because the camera angles are much lower than most arenas.

Regardless, JMU looked very good on TV last night!