PDA

View Full Version : Dudzik

JMU DJ
December 12th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Said it already, but seeing Dudzik play tonight at the level he did makes me very hopeful for where the Dukes could be next year... besides the guy made ESPN Top 10 plays for his totally legitimate 2 point conversion

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 11:14 PM
That conversion was savage. Although I really don't think he got it (much like Roesthlisberger's supposed TD against the Hawks in the SB... BS), it was close. Amazing attempt and showed great athleticism.

blur2005
December 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Said it already, but seeing Dudzik play tonight at the level he did makes me very hopeful for where the Dukes could be next year... besides the guy made ESPN Top 10 plays for his totally legitimate 2 point conversion
Honestly, with the way the defense was playing, he was the only reason JMU was still in the game at the end. I really wish that 4th down had been a QB read option that he kept instead of a handoff to Holloman because I think he might've gotten it when everyone knew Eugene would not convert that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I think JMU will be a better, more complete team with Dudzik in there. Landers was a great athlete and runner but when you're playing the best of the best i don't think he is the type of QB to get it done. You need to have balance when you're playing this caliber of team. The other thing is i believe it's inevitable that an injury of some degree will happen when a QB runs the ball like that. Just look at Edwards, Pat White at WVU, Dixon last year for Oregon. Lehigh had a similiar type of QB in '06-'07 and he always seemed to be banged up.

blur2005
December 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I think JMU will be a better, more complete team with Dudzik in there. Landers was a great athlete and runner but when you're playing the best of the best i don't think he is the type of QB to get it done. You need to have balance when you're playing this caliber of team. The other thing is i believe it's inevitable that an injury of some degree will happen when a QB runs the ball like that. Just look at Edwards, Pat White at WVU, Dixon last year for Oregon. Lehigh had a similiar type of QB in '06-'07 and he always seemed to be banged up.
Actually, Landers can throw, there was just never a moment where the team needed to while he was still in the game. Unfortunately, he wasn't around at that point, though again, Dudzik was great in relief. When it was clear Rodney wasn't coming back, I thought the Dukes were done. Instead, I got to lose my voice and freeze some more because Dudzik kept it interesting.

griz8791
December 12th, 2008, 11:26 PM
You will be right back with Dudzik running the O.

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Dudzik played great, but Rodney just finished one of the greatest seasons ever put together by an FCS QB. Anyone who played against him this year knows that he would get stronger, and better as the game wore on. He was a unique talent, and he will be missed.

GannonFan
December 12th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Dudzik will still have a lot to prove. Next year there's no Lemm and no Apted on that line and JMU's offense is predicated on the offensive line being dominant. I think Dudzik has a better arm than Landers, but as we saw when they had Rascati, JMU will not throw the ball. They're going to be a 70% or more running team irregardless of the QB. And the WR's still haven't shown that they can be the consistent kind of targets to succeed long term in a passing offense anyway. They're fine as WR's in an option offense that rarely throws, but can they get open all the time when they have to and, more importantly, can they hold on to the ball?

Irregardless, the biggest issues for JMU will be how to replace two unreplaceable guys on the line and how to fix a defense that was just average all year and is losing their best players, and a lot of them?

Proud Griz Man
December 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM

Dudzik showed his skills. JMU will be in good hands.

The two point conversion will make the highlights, but I question whether the ACC replay referees had any more conclusive views than we did. ESPN2's view was not conclusive.

Anyways, JMU is solid and has a tremendous program.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM
The replay they showed on the tron at the game made it seem like the ball just touched the line.

griz8791
December 12th, 2008, 11:47 PM
As somebody else pointed out in another thread, the guy gets mashed in mid-air and then, while spinning around both horizontally and vertically but mainly upside down, has the presence of mind to reach for the plane of the goal line. That was amazing.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
The replay they showed on the tron at the game made it seem like the ball just touched the line.

I thought it was his fingers, but not gonna complain either. I didn't like the replays towards the end there but I don't think it changed the outcome either. xtwocentsx

GreatAppSt
December 13th, 2008, 12:00 AM
besides the guy made ESPN Top 10 plays for his totally legitimate xeyebrowx 2 point conversion

His knuckles broke the plane the ball did not. In any case the review sure did not seem conclusive enough to overturn IMHO, but what can you expect from ACC officials.xthumbsupx

RE/MAXGriz
December 13th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Dudzik's a baller, good guy for your system, you should be back in it next year, and no way was that across the line. :)

OhioHen
December 13th, 2008, 06:28 AM
If the offense is set up to take advantage of Dudzik's abilities, the CAA needs to watch out the next two years.

TribeNomad
December 13th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Dudzik looked solid last night, esp. being thrust into the situation in that setting.

DTSpider
December 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That was a great performance last night by the Dukes to rally and almost come back. Dudzik will be a very good player, but like Landers, will have some growing pains. I view this as similar to Vaughan replacing Hightower at UR. Vaughan is not as good as Hightower, but he's still pretty darn good. Landers had an amazing year this past season and it's one that probably won't be duplicated anytime soon.

appst97
December 13th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Honestly, with the way the defense was playing, DUDZIK AND THE REFS WERE the only reason JMU was still in the game at the end. I really wish that 4th down had been a QB read option that he kept instead of a handoff to Holloman because I think he might've gotten it when everyone knew Eugene would not convert that.

fixed it for yaxsmiley_wix

hapapp
December 13th, 2008, 08:00 AM

I think the 2 point conversion was a reasonable call. It was definitely close but I thought he got the line.

I was impressed with Dudzik under the circumstances. While he may not be the punishing runner Landers is, he demonstrated an elusiveness that will make life tough for the opposition next year.

In the end, much like ASU last week, JMU was a little too one dimensional. Like last week, the team with the better balance offensively and the one that took advantage of the turnovers, won.

It was a great game to watch. Hopefully, we'll be treated to another good one today.

UNH SUPERFAN
December 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
What year is he in, and has he got anyone coming back that can actually catch the ball? JMU should have had a 1st down, the receiver must catch that pass.

proasu89
December 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
What year is he in, and has he got anyone coming back that can actually catch the ball? JMU should have had a 1st down, the receiver must catch that pass.

Looked like the DB made a great play to strip it loose.

JohnStOnge
December 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I agree about the backup QB. When Landers went down I thought it was over but it quickly became apparent that the backup was going to do a really good job. In fact, at least for that one game, I don't think there was a drop off at the QB position at all when the backup came in. Of course both benefitted from a really good run blocking offensive line. But the backup QB really did a great job.

JMU DJ
December 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Dudzik is a sophomore, so we got him for another two years. We also have to pretty decent freshman back up QBs. As for the receivers we only have one senior on the core and a load of younger players, we will see how they pan out. I think they were just surprised this year when a ball was actually thrown their way.