PDA

View Full Version : unbiased on griz / jmu

gofurman
December 12th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Jsut a Furman guy here wanting to say what a great game. Shame Landers had to be out and either team had to lose.

Also a few (I think) objective points:

- JMU was tough and did not give up! (even with deficit and QB adversity)

- Another game which proves you win with the "BIG UGLIES" on the OL and DL - and that is meant as credit to BOTH teams. Montana had a great OL yet JMU showed how great theirs was too by showing me they could beat 95% of teams (and even a great Montana team on a night with less turnovers) with their 2nd string QB. When you can run for freakin' 7 yards a play on the read option every other play you will win a lot of games. Just flat out great OL play on both sides of the ball.

- Credit to Dudzic(sp?) - Sure JMU has a great OL so he could run or hand off for a lot of yards but his passes (except the last of the first half) were MONEY - heck, even his 4th and 20 should have been caught... He would be starting at A LOT of FCS schools. I was impressed. JMU obviously has a lot of depth.

- Nice play calling by Montana. I love me some shovel pass.

Good game to both. Enjoyed watching FCS in HD!

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Good Points. And Agreed on Dudzick. He was great. The QB loss is no excuse when you have depth like that.

SeattleGriz
December 12th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Jsut a Furman guy here wanting to say what a great game. Shame Landers had to be out and either team had to lose.

Also a few (I think) objective points:

- JMU was tough and did not give up! (even with deficit and QB adversity)

- Another game which proves you win with the "BIG UGLIES" on the OL and DL - and that is meant as credit to BOTH teams. Montana had a great OL yet JMU showed how great theirs was too by showing me they could beat 95% of teams (and even a great Montana team on a night with less turnovers) with their 2nd string QB. When you can run for freakin' 7 yards a play on the read option every other play you will win a lot of games. Just flat out great OL play on both sides of the ball.

- Credit to Dudzic(sp?) - Sure JMU has a great OL so he could run or hand off for a lot of yards but his passes (except the last of the first half) were MONEY - heck, even his 4th and 20 should have been caught... He would be starting at A LOT of FCS schools. I was impressed. JMU obviously has a lot of depth.

- Nice play calling by Montana. I love me some shovel pass.

Good game to both. Enjoyed watching FCS in HD!

Oh that is classic. That one may have been the 5th out of 100 shovel passes that have worked for UM. We used to groan about the nonproductive shovel passes on the Griz site.

gbhmt
December 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh that is classic. That one may have been the 5th out of 100 shovel passes that have worked for UM. We used to groan about the nonproductive shovel passes on the Griz site.

Hahahaha yeah but this year we really only used it a couple times against EWU on like 3rd and 17-ish and they worked like a charm.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hahahaha yeah but this year we really only used it a couple times against EWU on like 3rd and 17-ish and they worked like a charm.

xbawlingx

I thought we were friends!? Why you gotta bring that up!??? xnonono2x

gbhmt
December 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM
xbawlingx

I thought we were friends!? Why you gotta bring that up!??? xnonono2x

Awww you know i'd always be rooting for the Eagles cept when we're playin them.

Still can't thank you fellas enough for that last game this season.