PDA

View Full Version : UNI v NAU

Reed Rothchild
November 17th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Ok people. 24 hour rule in effect for the Panthers. Could our Big Sky bretheren give us a little preview on what to expect from NAU this weekend in our dome? Thanks.

Cap'n Cat
November 17th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Ok people. 24 hour rule in effect for the Panthers. Could our Big Sky bretheren give us a little preview on what to expect from NAU this weekend in our dome? Thanks.

You had to bring this up, dintcha, Reed? Don't you have a cadaver to pick apart, or something?????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D

VictorG
November 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Us Griz fans are too busy smacking cat fans and visa versa so you'll most likely have to hope AGS's one NAU fan or some EWU fans pipe in!

But while I'm here, fairly good Defense but that was about it that I remember.

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
NAU 3-7, 1-6 in conference, but it is a tough conference. But so it is the Gateway.

Mountain Panther
November 17th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Us Griz fans are too busy smacking cat fans and visa versa so you'll most likely have to hope AGS's one NAU fan or some EWU fans pipe in!

But while I'm here, fairly good Defense but that was about it that I remember.

Don't they have a good QB?

GrizSweeper
November 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
his freshman year he was offensive MVP in the Big Sky, but that was also with an excellent group of WR's. So far this year though he has definitely been less than impressive, he's been injured and it's also not a spectacular team around him. They do have a pretty solid D and if Murrieta gets on track they could be tough to beat, but my personnal opinion is you guys should be able to handle them on your home terf.

Reed Rothchild
November 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
You had to bring this up, dintcha, Reed? Don't you have a cadaver to pick apart, or something?????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D

No, but I do have some ingrown hairs that need picking.... :nod: :nod: :nod:

Cap'n Cat
November 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Jeez, you hesitate strongly to call this a "tune up" for the playoffs, but it is. The danger will be in playing without focus and finding ourselves in scramble mode come the fourth quarter.

I say the Cats keep their starters in for the entire first half, build up a lead, do one or two drives in the 3Q and try to pick up some more points, then call off the dogs if they are comfortably ahead. It may look much like that Indiana State game, too. Nothing flashy, just executing the basics, honing skills in order to be ready for the next week.

We SHOULD NOT overlook NAU, though!

Cap'n Cat sez:

UNI 30
NAU 10

putter
November 18th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I agree with Cap'n. Montana had it's worst offensive day since early in the season yet still won 23-0. NAU has a decent defense and good speed but I don't really see UNI getting challenged in this game unless they totally blow it off.

UNI --35
NAU -- 10

dbackjon
November 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Murrietta had his best game of the season last week against Idaho State. If he can keep that up, it will be a good game, as the NAU D should keep them in the game. NAU is a dome-team, so playing indoors won't bother them.

Question for UNI fans - how good is your coach in motivating a team that in many ways has nothing to play for, other than not to get injured?

Reed Rothchild
November 18th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Question for UNI fans - how good is your coach in motivating a team that in many ways has nothing to play for, other than not to get injured?

We have a lot to play for. We still have an outside (albeit very long) shot of a seed.

This also happened in 2001 after we won the conference title against WKU. We had to come back and play a dangerous Cal-Poly team. We soundly defeated the Mustangs that day. And we WERE motivated. :nod:

I honestly think this team will be motivated. They have gone through too much this season to blow it this week.

Cap'n Cat
November 18th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Murrietta had his best game of the season last week against Idaho State. If he can keep that up, it will be a good game, as the NAU D should keep them in the game. NAU is a dome-team, so playing indoors won't bother them.

Well, the Lumberjack Dome didn't bother UNI last year, either, on the way to victory.
And, there is plenty to play for, dbj. First, 8-3 is light years better than 7-4; they got "Mo" right now, having beat, in the last three weeks, the 11th, 6th and 4th ranked teams in I-AA and would like to ride that deep into the playoffs; Panther Pride - we're still looking for that elusive title game berth after five semi trips, etc., etc., etc. There is much to play for tomorrow, as it is the begninning of what we all hope in Patherland will be a great journey. And, Reed's right above - possibility of a seed.

Regarding the coach, I played with him for three years (we were co-captains) and he is perhaps the single most intense person I've ever met on a football field. Very serious, very focused. His nickname back when we were playing was "Jason", after the character in those Friday the 13th films. He never tolerated *****ing around in huddles when he was LB calling the defensive plays. D1B has some good Farley huddle stories, MOF.

He will not tolerate any letdown and his players know it. They don't need to be motivated for this one.

Off the field, Coach Farley is a wonderful guy - family man, exemplary CF/Waterloo citizen, gregarious but unassuming, professional, etc.

I'd follow him into battle anywhere.

:)

Reed Rothchild
November 18th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Regarding the coach, I played with him for three years (we were co-captains) and he is perhaps the single most intense person I've ever met on a football field. Very serious, very focused. His nickname back when we were playing was "Jason", after the character in those Friday the 13th films. He never tolerated *****ing around in huddles when he was LB calling the defensive plays. D1B has some good Farley huddle stories, MOF.

He's the same way when he coaches. NEVER make that guy mad :eek:

They'll be ready

igo4uni
November 18th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I don't see the Panthers coming out flat. For many, it will be their last regular season home game (let's hope not their last home game ever). Should be fun to watch. Hopefully we'll get to see a lot of points put up on the board.

I plan on being there, how about you guys???

peace

igo4uni

PantherMan
November 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
UNI 31 - NAU 21. I have a feeling that we give up a couple of mop up scores to NAU, who will undoubtedly play their starters the entire way. We'll want to rest our starters as much as possible after building up a 3 TD lead. That's my take on things.

ysubigred
November 18th, 2005, 02:09 PM
UNI 31 - NAU 21. I have a feeling that we give up a couple of mop up scores to NAU, who will undoubtedly play their starters the entire way. We'll want to rest our starters as much as possible after building up a 3 TD lead. That's my take on things.

NAU 77 UNI 2

:lmao:

Was you scared that I was serious.

UNI in a laugher 41-14

Chi Panther
November 18th, 2005, 09:14 PM
UNI has only lost one game that Sanders has started and finished......and that was at Iowa.....during Iowa's 20 game home winning streak......I like UNI in this game......

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I agree with Cap'n. Montana had it's worst offensive day since early in the season yet still won 23-0. NAU has a decent defense and good speed but I don't really see UNI getting challenged in this game unless they totally blow it off.

UNI --35
NAU -- 10

Putter, I disagree. Yeah, the score was 23-0, but the only TD's were scored by the defense. In a dome, I can see the NAU defense being just as tough against UNI as they were against UM. If UNI's defense can score two touchdowns, I see UNI winning, but if that doesn't happen, it's anybodie's game. I wouldn't be surprised to see NAU steal this one....

NAU -24
UNA -21

putter
November 18th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Putter, I disagree. Yeah, the score was 23-0, but the only TD's were scored by the defense. In a dome, I can see the NAU defense being just as tough against UNI as they were against UM. If UNI's defense can score two touchdowns, I see UNI winning, but if that doesn't happen, it's anybodie's game. I wouldn't be surprised to see NAU steal this one....

NAU -24
UNA -21

I just think that UNI had a better overall offense and since their QB has been back they have been playing very well so I don't think NAU will be able to stay with them.

hiline_griz
November 19th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think an upset will happen here
NAU 31
UNI 17

Tod
November 19th, 2005, 01:29 AM
I don't think an upset will happen here
NAU 31
UNI 17

Nope, that wouldn't be an upset... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Killsback
November 19th, 2005, 08:57 AM
From a Saluki fan who felt the sting of Sanders a week ago. If Sanders has time to throw the ball UNI wins by:

UNI 34
NAU 10

If Sanders is hurried into some tough throws UNI wins by:

UNI 17
NAU 10

UNI wins either way.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Wow! I guess winning 3 straight games against Top 10 teams (at the time) is not good enough for some of the arrogant Griz fans on the board.

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I like this UNI/NAU match-up, because they both play in domes, where football was MEANT to be played. Hardy-har-har. :p

November 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM
NAU -24
UNA -21They might beat UNA but they will not win in the UNI Dome.

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I like this UNI/NAU match-up, because they both play in domes, where football was MEANT to be played. Hardy-har-har. :p

Sweet Photo Mountain

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 03:52 PM
This game is more important than ever now. UNI has a better shot at a seed. I hope our coaches and players have seen the scores from today.

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2005, 05:32 PM
UNI 7, NAU 3 with 5 min left in 1st Qtr. This game is WILD - 6 total turnovers between both teams in the first 10 min of game.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Nice to see our kicker missed another chipshot

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 05:46 PM
UNI 14
NAU 3

Freeney scored on a 8 yard run with a short field. Looks like we are settling in...

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Murietta has been sacked 3 times already and has thrown 2 pics

Sanders has been sacked 2 times and thrown 1 pic

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Sanders TD pass. 21-3 UNI early in the 2nd.

NAU has -17 yards offense.

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Sanders seems a little off. Freeney playing well. Defense playing WELL. Is this game televised in the midwest?

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Sanders seems a little off. Freeney playing well. Defense playing WELL. Is this game televised in the midwest?

No, I'm following along with the gametracker.

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 05:55 PM
im just listening to the UNI feed.

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM
TD pass by Risten (sp) UNI 21-NAu-10

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM
What happened to Murietta?

Wriston is in at QB

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
they didn't say. NAU just changed QB's two series ago.

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Anybody hear the attendance in the Dome today? :confused:

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Anybody hear the attendance in the Dome today? :confused:

Very poor. 8,000 tops. They might announce more, however.

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM
TD run by Horne. 28-10.

UNI seems to be playing well in all aspects, other than turnovers.

Sanders does sound a little off. Nothing to worry about though.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
What happened to Murietta?

Wriston is in at QB

If Wristen is playing, UNI has nothing to worry about. Portland State beat NAU 45-0 without Murietta. The next week, Murietta played and NAU almost upset Montana State.

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
UNI picks Wriston but cant punch it in on the goalline. Wingert FG. 31-10.

Murietta back in.

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 07:11 PM
NAU takes a fumble for the TD. UNI 34-NAU-17. Mid-way through the 3rd

UNI took out some of their starters, might consider putting them back in for a while.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Big run for 2nd string Corey Lewis. Looks like the 2nd team is in.

UNI 41
NAU 17

strike00
November 19th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Final UNI 41 NAU 17

Good game by UNI overall. Need to clean up the turnovers.

Corey Lewis seems like he will be good in this program for the next 3 years. 112 yard I believe.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2005, 07:58 PM
UNI finishes on a nice 4 game winning streak. The team is on a roll.

Should be fun in the playoffs.

peace

igo4uni

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Congrats.

Reed Rothchild
November 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Corey Lewis = the next 1,000 rusher at UNI

Nice to see the seniors finish their regular season with a win. Now its on to the playoffs!

dbackjon
November 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Congrats UNI - good luck in the playoffs!

nmatsen
November 19th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Did anyone hear the post game with Farley? Rima asked him "traditionally there is a team in the field i.e. a Montana or Georgia Southern that everyone wants no part of or wants to be on the other side of the bracket" "going into the playoffs right now do you have a feel for who that team might be" Farley replied "Northern Iowa". I got goosebumps. He said it so confidently and motivated it was awesome.