PDA

View Full Version : Bergquist brilliant.

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Very impressed with his play. Did everything well.

appsfan
December 12th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, he managed the game well, made the plays and throws needed to win the game.

GannonFan
Very impressed with his play. Did everything well.

Agreed - had the touch too. Every throw was to the correct shoulder every time. Kid can play. xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
Even gave all you viewers a show of his deceptive speed.

slostang
December 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Cole is a very good QB. Fun to watch.

gbhmt
December 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I was floored. Haven't seen him that composed and sharp since Sac State.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Looked like drew brees out there. That rocket launcher arm and mild legs.

GrizRchattybound
December 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM
He made every throw today - forget the stats.

Champion Ball, period. This comes from one of his toughest critics over the years...

I could not be happier or more proud.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:66CYQfBZ_2l90M:http://www.numisgems.com/images/ALIMPHS016056.jpg

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I was so worried when he ran and didn't get up, but good thing it was just the wind knocked out of him.

Bergquist is the real deal. Not flashy. No eye-popping stats. He just knows how to win.

Pretty sure AE is the only QB at our level with more wins, but hardly anyone would compare AE to Cole based on athleticism.

We're lucky to have him! xthumbsupx

twentythreeOh4
December 12th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I was so worried when he ran and didn't get up, but good thing it was just the wind knocked out of him.

Bergquist is the real deal. Not flashy. No eye-popping stats. He just knows how to win.

Pretty sure AE is the only QB at our level with more wins, but hardly anyone would compare AE to Cole based on athleticism.

We're lucky to have him! xthumbsupx

Very true: 31-5 (.861) career record as a starter.

Ronbo
December 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Very true: 31-5 (.861) career record as a starter.

And three of those losses were when he was thrown to the wolves his freshman year. He's 25-2 the last two years.xnodx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I've harped on him a few times during the past games, but he made up for it today, damn fine job tonight. xthumbsupx

Peems
December 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM
There was an article in the Missoulian a few weeks back, bout how we Griz fans constantly complained about Cole, I've been guilty, but the article basically stated besides Dickenson, no one has one more games for the Griz and that's what Cole does. All he needs to do now is win one more

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2008, 02:03 AM
There was an article in the Missoulian a few weeks back, bout how we Griz fans constantly complained about Cole, I've been guilty, but the article basically stated besides Dickenson, no one has one more games for the Griz and that's what Cole does. All he needs to do now is win one more

Yeah he has some amazing record as a starter. 30 something and 5 i think.

T-Dog
December 13th, 2008, 02:12 AM
He and Montana has shown that the best teams this postseason are the most balanced teams. Teams who can throw and run equally well plus play a little defense and hold onto the ball. Nothing flashy, but it gets the job done.

GolfingGriz
December 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM
He and Montana has shown that the best teams this postseason are the most balanced teams. Teams who can throw and run equally well plus play a little defense and hold onto the ball. Nothing flashy, but it gets the job done.

This game was won with turnover margin. We made the plays when we needed to. Congrats to JMU, good team u guys had.

Cleets
December 13th, 2008, 02:33 AM

I was told that 3 CFL teams have already inquired as to his interests...
Wouldn't that be something: He and Dave xlolx changing Canada one pass at a time

xpeacex

mvemjsunpx
December 13th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I was told that 3 CFL teams have already inquired as to his interests...
Wouldn't that be something: He and Dave xlolx changing Canada one pass at a time
xpeacex

That would be nice, but Dave's career is almost certainly over.

I was thinking just the other day that Bergquist likely won't get an NFL contract, but his accuracy & mobility combo is a perfect fit for the CFL. However, that was before he had an NFL-caliber performance tonight on national TV, so maybe the NFL will give him a chance after all.

uofmman1122
December 13th, 2008, 03:00 AM
That would be nice, but Dave's career is almost certainly over.

I was thinking just the other day that Bergquist likely won't get an NFL contract, but his accuracy & mobility combo is a perfect fit for the CFL. However, that was before he had an NFL-caliber performance tonight on national TV, so maybe the NFL will give him a chance after all.He showed arm strength I never thought he had.

I used to always say I thought Selle was a better overall passer, but damn....Bergquist proved me wrong tonight.

mtgrizfan4life
December 13th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Great game for CB. However, as for our future QB, in my opinion Kemp will be a very special game when he does get to start.

TribeNomad
December 13th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Had really good protection---makes a difference.