PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate FCS!!!

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2008, 10:23 PM
What a sensational football game! Great teams...great effort...great drama.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Regardless of who wins tomorrow (though UNI is certainly up near the top), we'll get to see another championship that wouldn't have happened in a BCS system.

Montana v. JMU - you won't see a better game this bowl season.

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
AWESOME game. I am proud of our boys.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM
One thing's for sure...the two teams that will be playing in Chatty would not have been selected if we had a lousy two-team playoff instead of a 16-team one xlolx

Awesome game.

BlueHen86
December 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I agree with all of the above comments. FCS playoffs are far superior to BS bowls.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
No BCS! Wooo!

CrackerRiley
December 12th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yep another great FCS playoff.

...that was hard for me to say.

ericsaid
December 12th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Maybe everyone is just really this happy because JMU lost?

JayJ79
December 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Could be. The general populace generally likes to see upsets in which the top teams (be it the #1 seed, or the 3-time defending champion) get beat.

GrizRchattybound
December 12th, 2008, 11:39 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:66CYQfBZ_2l90M:http://www.numisgems.com/images/ALIMPHS016056.jpg

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM

I started the thread, and I'm not happy they lost. I think it's a shame that Landers couldn't play, but this was one helluva football game.

GrizzlyBill
December 12th, 2008, 11:46 PM

No Sir! I am happy the Griz won, but not that JMU lost. The only reason the Dukes deserved to lose was fumbleitis.

ericsaid
December 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Now to see if UNI can pull this one off(Richmond).

Ronbo
December 13th, 2008, 12:28 AM
No Sir! I am happy the Griz won, but not that JMU lost. The only reason the Dukes deserved to lose was fumbleitis.

You are mistaken GrizBill.

The JMU guys ran into a hard hitting ball stripping defense. Every fumble was caused by a hit. Those fumbles were forced!

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I really hope some of those BCS idiots got a chance to catch this game last night. That was what a PLAYOFF football game looks like. Good job from both teams, way to represent.

Jerbearasu
December 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Playoffs>Bowls

DX Man
December 13th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Montana showed a lot of poise stepping into that environment and pulling off a win. JMU showed a lot of guts by battling back till the end. That was playoff football at its best. UNI & Richmond will have to play one hell of a game today to even come close to the excitement of that game.

ngineer
December 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
It all goes to prove that playoff football is exciting and the only way to crown a true champion.

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2008, 10:17 AM

I am happy the Griz won but I was not "against" JMU by any means. I can see why appy fans would be though.

Blue42
December 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I appreciated that the ESPN announcers were sincerely excited about the intensity of the playoff atmosphere last night, and on several occassions made comments to the effect of "You've gotta love playoff football."

It is, in my opinion, the most exciting event-type in sports.

appfan2008
December 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
now if uni can pull off a victory tonight there will not be a caa team in the final... that would be embarrasing out of 5 teams...

MacThor
December 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
now if uni can pull off a victory tonight there will not be a caa team in the final... that would be embarrasing out of 5 teams...

If UNI wins, CAA will be 6-5 in the playoffs. 2-0 against the SoCon, who went 1-2.

Yeah, :o

SideLine Shooter
December 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
You are mistaken GrizBill.

The JMU guys ran into a hard hitting ball stripping defense. Every fumble was caused by a hit. Those fumbles were forced!

If you want to see a ball stripping defense, just watch RICHMOND.

phillyAPP
December 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I appreciated that the ESPN announcers were sincerely excited about the intensity of the playoff atmosphere last night, and on several occassions made comments to the effect of "You've gotta love playoff football."

It is, in my opinion, the most exciting event-type in sports.

GREAT post .... you are so CORRECT... ESPN has a announcing group that are not BCS SNOBS...... They do enjoy the quality of football !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigApp
December 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
One thing's for sure...the two teams that will be playing in Chatty would not have been selected if we had a lousy two-team playoff instead of a 16-team one xlolx

you're right, but there wouldn't have been too much swirl if the two-team playoff had been done this year. It was pretty unanimous with the top 2, unlike the BCS soap opera.

phoenixphanatic21
December 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
So I unfortunately missed the game last night xbawlingx Anyone know where I can see highlights from the game?

Also, congratulations to the Griz. A huge victory for the program and from what I've heard, they deserve it. Congrats to JMU as well for a great season and props to JMU fans for not just disappearing and still showing up here. You have gained some respect points in my book.

Can't wait to watch UNI-Richmond today. God can't it be 4 already?