PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Griz

ChickenMan
December 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Congrats to Montana.. they have a excellent team. Both JMU and Montana played very well offensely and neither played very well defensively.. but the Griz took care of the ball and JMU didn't and that WAS the difference in the game. Also.. JMU losing Rodney Landers didn't cause the loss (unless Landers was going to play defense in the 2d half) so there's no need for anyone to go there with any excuse making.

ASU88
December 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Nice job, Griz. Looked good tonight.

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Tremendous game by both teams...Congrats on an excellent season, JMU...and congrats to Montana for another trip to Chattanooga.

Blue Hen 53
December 12th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats Montana....great game!

APPdopted
December 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I have 5 tix on StubHub if anyone needs them. Message me

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I hate to have a big head...but I did post many times that turnovers would be the difference. Did Rodney Landers fumble? I forgot after the 4th turnover who did what. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

appmountaineer
December 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
What a game!!! Now i decide if i go to Chatty to cheer on the Griz!!!

CrazyCat
December 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Outstanding game. The Big Sky Conference and the whole state of Montana are proud. keep it going next week xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
December 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Congrats Montana, the better team won tonight.

malibudude
December 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats to the Griz, well played!!!

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Speaking of landers playing defense... i read somewhere that he projects as a weakside linebacker in the NFL..

GrizLifer
December 12th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Well, everyone that he was considering was trying to recruit him on the defensive side of the ball except JMU... They all really missed a chance at a special player at QB. Congrats JMU on a great season and I couldn't be more proud to be a Griz!

Thundering_Herd
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Rebuilding year my a$$! Griz looked good tonight and I'm looking forward to a title game between two teams from the WEST!!! (go UNI!)

Hey griz fans,... you guys have won the national title and the Capital One Mascot challenge in the past. We here at NDSU would like to see our mascot, Thundar, win this capital one thing too, but we are getting our arse kicked by Cy from Iowa State! We need your help though! Please show us how it's done and help Thundar beat that dumb bird by voting as much as you can when you aren't busy celebrating the big win! Cookies are turned off today, so you can vote as much as you can. Thank you and good luck in the title game!!! xnodx

www.capitalonebowl.com

ps-sorry for all the smack this year! I did it cause maybe I suffer a little from 'Griz envy',... especially now! Way to get it done...

gbhmt
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Speaking of landers playing defense... i read somewhere that he projects as a weakside linebacker in the NFL..

I could see that. Fast but strong. Demarcus Ware esque.

blur2005
December 12th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Congrats to the Griz on what will remain an incredibly frustrating game for the Dukes. I mean, two kickoff return fumbles lost, basically handing the Griz 14 points? Just awful. Now granted, the second one was a really nice strip but still, it's very frustrating.

If JMU's defense could have done anything against the Montana offense, perhaps JMU would have won in spite of the four turnovers and the loss of Landers. But Bergquist was fantastic and it was just painful watching him put pretty much every throw on the money and the JMU defense act basically useless until the fourth quarter. The absence of Montana turnovers proved to be huge as JMU was unable to make up for anything it lost (and it lost a lot with the four it had plus the 4th and 1 stop at the 3 in the 4th quarter). Of course, it also helps to have a running game that's getting six yards or so a tote, as Reynolds was killing JMU, too.

I still feel like JMU wins this game more times than not but that's why we decide things on the field. Montana showed up with their A-game or close to it while JMU was a C at best and lost it's stud player, though Dudzik was incredible in relief and the only reason JMU was driving with a chance to tie with a minute left (I'd talk about that more but the terrible drops, including McCarter's on the 4th and 20 pass, are too frustrating to discuss further).

Congrats to the Griz. Now, go Spiders!!

rancher griz
December 12th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Dang, we were looking good, but what was up with the 4th quarter? We were culminating a blowout then we started playing not to lose the game and lost our agressiveness. JMU has a great team. They deserve a lot of credit for making things interesting and playing hard, even when the best player in the country was taken out. But the better team won tonight and it was a big statement game for football out west. Huge win on the road.

Dukes_Bando
December 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Congrats Griz, couldn't have been to a better team, fans.

You came out and showed you wanted it more.

As Madden says... when you turn the ball over that much, it's hard to win. It's why they play the game on the field.

GO GRIZ, GO UNI, screw dirty richmond...

SeattleGriz
December 12th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Dang, we were looking good, but what was up with the 4th quarter? We were culminating a blowout then we started playing not to lose the game and lost our agressiveness. JMU has a great team. They deserve a lot of credit for making things interesting and playing hard, even when the best player in the country was taken out. But the better team won tonight and it was a big statement game for football out west. Huge win on the road.

Prevent D, and JMU got their swerve on.

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Peaking at the right time it appears. Great game, now blow the Xmas budget, go to nooga and pull a three day bar crawl!!!! Have fun this weekxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Again, congrats Griz. Way to represent the fluff well! xlolx

Throw some pillows in Chatty!

Ronbo
December 13th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Just a bunch of hard hitting (every fumble was caused by a hit!), and I mean hard hitting (ask Rodney) young fresh faced kids that bent but did not break on Defense. On Offense the big boys up front and three skill players that protected the pigskin and played with a "we will not lose this game" attitude all night long! Congrats to the boys for a hard fought game.:)

GoBlueHens83
December 13th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Great job tonight Montana. Enjoy the trip to Chatty, you deserve it! xthumbsupx

mvemjsunpx
December 13th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I hate to have a big head...but I did post many times that turnovers would be the difference. Did Rodney Landers fumble? I forgot after the 4th turnover who did what. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

Landers did fumble, Ward & McGee each fumbled a kickoff, & Dudzik threw the pick (Swink's first INT of the year). Marcus Turner also fumbled, but JMU got that one back.

th0m
December 13th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Congrats to the Griz. Even before the other semi-final is played, I find myself at a loss who to root for now, though xconfusedx

crusader11
December 13th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Props to the Griz. You guys deserved to win and JMU simply did not. Turning the ball over 4 times and some very questionable calls on the part of Mickey was what ultimately did JMU. Oh, and Landers getting hurt was kinda a big deal too, haha. Anyways, you guys garnered a lot of respect around the FCS tonight. I was very impressed with your QB Berquist (spelling?).

Tubby Raymond
December 13th, 2008, 06:24 AM
All hail da Griz

Made the Dukes look pedestrian last night, even soft with all those turnovers.

Hey Longhorn, What an embarrassment for the rest of the CAA

TribeNomad
December 13th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Great job Montana---I was obviously pulling for JMU, but you guys played physical & hard, and protected the ball. JMU did not have the turnovers this season, but had 'em last night. Your OL did a great job.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Congrats to all the great Griz fans on AGS xthumbsupx

Houndawg
December 13th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Congrats to the Griz on what will remain an incredibly frustrating game for the Dukes. I mean, two kickoff return fumbles lost, basically handing the Griz 14 points? Just awful. Now granted, the second one was a really nice strip but still, it's very frustrating.

If JMU's defense could have done anything against the Montana offense, perhaps JMU would have won in spite of the four turnovers and the loss of Landers. But Bergquist was fantastic and it was just painful watching him put pretty much every throw on the money and the JMU defense act basically useless until the fourth quarter. The absence of Montana turnovers proved to be huge as JMU was unable to make up for anything it lost (and it lost a lot with the four it had plus the 4th and 1 stop at the 3 in the 4th quarter). Of course, it also helps to have a running game that's getting six yards or so a tote, as Reynolds was killing JMU, too.

I still feel like JMU wins this game more times than not but that's why we decide things on the field. Montana showed up with their A-game or close to it while JMU was a C at best and lost it's stud player, though Dudzik was incredible in relief and the only reason JMU was driving with a chance to tie with a minute left (I'd talk about that more but the terrible drops, including McCarter's on the 4th and 20 pass, are too frustrating to discuss further).

Congrats to the Griz. Now, go Spiders!!

We all know how important special teams are, note that this was the second playoff game this season decided by the KO return team. (UNH vs. SIU being the other.)

SunCoastBlueHen
December 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
My baby girl had her Griz hat on last night watching the game with me (well, she kinda slept through it ;) ). Great game on both sides!

Congrats to the Montana Grizzlies!

Pantherpower
December 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
We all know how important special teams are, note that this was the second playoff game this season decided by the KO return team. (UNH vs. SIU being the other.)

Houndawg, did Kackert have a kickoff return against you guys for a TD? (kidding, kidding)xthumbsupx

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Much love to Griz and their fans. Im very impressed with how phsyical the Griz were last night. Good luck in Chatty.

mlbowl
December 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
My baby girl had her Griz hat on last night watching the game with me (well, she kinda slept through it ;) ). Great game on both sides!

Congrats to the Montana Grizzlies!

That's my girl!xhurrayx

Mntneer
December 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Best of luck to the Griz!

DX Man
December 13th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Great road win in a tough environment Griz!

GaSouthern
December 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
WAY TO GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

semobison
December 13th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats Griz fans! From all the doom and gloom back in Aug. and Sept., this has to be a very satisfing year!

srgrizizen
December 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Just a postscript to this thread, the second time I've read that McCarter dropped the 4th and 20 pass. He did NOT drop the pass. The Montana DB stripped it after he made a very clean catch. I wouldn't have been surprised if the ref had called it a fumble. He didn't have it very long before the strip, but caught it clean and even almost put it away. It was not bad play by the receiver or even bad luck for JMU -- it was a great defensive play after the DB had been nearly beaten by an excellent pass.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 13th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Just a postscript to this thread, the second time I've read that McCarter dropped the 4th and 20 pass. He did NOT drop the pass. The Montana DB stripped it after he made a very clean catch. I wouldn't have been surprised if the ref had called it a fumble. He didn't have it very long before the strip, but caught it clean and even almost put it away. It was not bad play by the receiver or even bad luck for JMU -- it was a great defensive play after the DB had been nearly beaten by an excellent pass.

True dat. That is how I saw that play as well, thought it was gonna be a catch but good defense knocked it away.