PDA

View Full Version : Memories from 2004 JMU vs Montana

colv93
December 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
A little story for you Montana guys. I went to the 2004 National Championship game between JMU and Montana. If you remember the turf on the field was in very bad shape. Big clumps of turf were coming up and the players were tripping all over it. Well there was a goal line stand in the 3rd quarter when JMU was getting ready to score. Montana called a time out and during it the Montana D linemen were tearing up huge clumps of turf and throwing it into the backfield. They wanted to put some obstacles there for the JMU running backs to trip over. I mean they were tearing up as much turf as possible during the whole timeout and putting big piles of it right where the exchange was taking place. It didn't matter - we scored anyway because we produce better football players in VA.

The point is that your guys knew they could not match up man to man so they had to try to cheat. As a former player I can tell you that is absolute garbage. Your fans were great and you have an okay program there but you will never get complete respect from me.

griz37
December 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM
A little story for you Montana guys. I went to the 2004 National Championship game between JMU and Montana. If you remember the turf on the field was in very bad shape. Big clumps of turf were coming up and the players were tripping all over it. Well there was a goal line stand in the 3rd quarter when JMU was getting ready to score. Montana called a time out and during it the Montana D linemen were tearing up huge clumps of turf and throwing it into the backfield. They wanted to put some obstacles there for the JMU running backs to trip over. I mean they were tearing up as much turf as possible during the whole timeout and putting big piles of it right where the exchange was taking place. It didn't matter - we scored anyway because we produce better football players in VA.

The point is that your guys knew they could not match up man to man so they had to try to cheat. As a former player I can tell you that is absolute garbage. Your fans were great and you have an okay program there but you will never get complete respect from me.

That is the saddest story I have ever heard, almost produced a tear. xpeacex

Tod
December 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Silenoz
December 12th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Kerry Mullan decking your QB in the face xbawlingx

(trying to redirect the thread...sortof)

griz8791
You mean like, tearing up chunks of sod on their side of the line of scrimmage and throwing it 10-15 yards over the line of scrimmage to your side of the line of scrimmage? During a timeout? In front of the officials, your staff, and your fans? And on national TV? Is that what you mean?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
xcoffeex xpopcornx

smegriz
December 12th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Yea....ok.

Reign of Terrier
December 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Quit whining. That actually sounded like something smart to do (kinda). I can say worse things about JMU than I can Montana, it's just easier to do.

Silenoz
December 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mountain Panther
December 12th, 2008, 04:45 PM

The turf deserves a moment of silence before kickoff tonight.

colv93
December 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
You mean like, tearing up chunks of sod on their side of the line of scrimmage and throwing it 10-15 yards over the line of scrimmage to your side of the line of scrimmage? During a timeout? In front of the officials, your staff, and your fans? And on national TV? Is that what you mean?

Your description is better than mine. That is exactly what happened. You must have been there to see it too.

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
That's funny RE: better athletes. I remember before the turf problem Craig Ochs was picking your secondary apart like he was playing a Newport News Middle School :D

Tod
December 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Your description is better than mine. That is exactly what happened. You must have been there to see it too.

Kind of strange. I was a member of AGS back then and never heard mention of it. I think you're making **** up.

Thanks for the compliment that we have an ok program. Yours must be pretty mediocre then, if you care to compare.

2 National Championships
3 Runners Up
16 consecutive years in the Playoffs

Gosh, that is pretty "ok", isn't it? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

griz37
December 12th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Kind of strange. I was a member of AGS back then and never heard mention of it. I think you're making **** up.

Thanks for the compliment that we have an ok program. Yours must be pretty mediocre then, if you care to compare.

2 National Championships
3 Runners Up

Gosh, that is pretty "ok", isn't it? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Think of how many we would have if we were good.

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Think of how many we would have if we were good.

I believe Mickey Matthews was on the sidelines when we got the first trophy. I wonder if he remembers.

Mountain Panther
December 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
2 National Championships
3 Runners Up

And you cheated your way to all that. Amazing!

You need more players from VA on your team.....

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM
And you cheated your way to all that. Amazing!

You need more players from VA on your team.....

Aint cheatin', aint tryin' :D xsmiley_wix

griz8791
December 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Funny that neither the officials nor anyone on the sideline saw it and put a stop to it. Seems kind of . . . improbable.

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I believe that if the Griz win tonight that this will be the fastest we have seen a board poster come and go since the resurrection of Wolfman.

Mountain Panther
December 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I think something else had a hand in the turf problem that day....

http://www.casamai.com/images/Dancing_gopher.gif

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Such a warm welcome to the noob. Way to make him feel welcome! xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
December 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM

That's the smartest thing I have ever heard anyone say about anything.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 12th, 2008, 05:04 PM

awwwwwww :( xoutofrepx

I'd have given ya some for that post, but alas......

grizband
December 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I have a few memories from that game as well:

* The Griz out gaining JMU 120 yards to -2 in the first quarter, while establishing a 14-0 lead.

*Talmage dropping a touchdown in the end zone that would have increased the current lead... :(

* Dan Carpetner, as a freshman, missing two field goals during the game.

* The Griz inability to stop the Dukes rushing game in the second half.

* Mullen punching the JMU QB in the 4th quarter.

* The terrible condition of the field. I will not blame the turf for the Griz loss, but I think the game might have been different if played on the turf Chattanooga installed the following season.

Although Montana had every opportunity to extend or maintain their lead, JMU won the game. Here's to a different result tonight! xthumbsupx

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Such a warm welcome to the noob. Way to make him feel welcome! xlolx

Its kinda like when your neighbor gets a new dog. If the first thing it does is dump in your yard, the dog is gonna get what it deserves.

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I have a few memories from that game as well:

* The Griz out gaining JMU 120 yards to -2 in the first quarter.

*Talmage dropping a touchdown in the end zone that would have increased the current lead... :(

* Dan Carpetner, as a freshman, missing two field goals during the game.

* The Griz inability to stop the Dukes rushing game in the second half.

* Mullen punching the JMU QB in the 4th quarter.

* The terrible condition of the field. I will not blame the turf for the Griz loss, but I think the game might have been different if played on the turf Chattanooga installed the following season.

Although Montana had every opportunity to extend or maintain their lead, JMU won the game. Here's to a different result tonight! xthumbsupx

Another memory is when the refs said Hedelberger stepped out on his way to the endzone. For what its worth he didn't.

grizband
December 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Another memory is when the refs said Hedelberger stepped out on his way to the endzone. For what its worth he didn't.
I completely forgot about that call. Another memory... xsmhx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Its kinda like when your neighbor gets a new dog. If the first thing it does is dump in your yard, the dog is gonna get what it deserves.

Gotta rub his face in the poop and tell him bad dog? I've heard of such philosophy before!

Rob Iola
December 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Whadda bunch of whiny lil' girly men, crying about some mud!

FWIW, I have it on reliable authority that the '03 Henz are still down there scoring TDs on Colgate (apparently taking turns with the '07 Mountaineers scoring on the '07 Henz)...

th0m
December 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM
* The Griz out gaining JMU 120 yards to -2 in the first quarter, while establishing a 14-0 lead.

I watched the game again today. You were up 7-0 before we scored 10 points to go into the half.

Hoyadestroya85
December 12th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I LOVE COCK IN MY BUTT WHILE WATCHING MONTANA v. JMU HIGHLIGHTS

colv93
December 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM

It sounds like you think Montana owns the site. I'm not taking a dump on the entire AGS, only your pitiful players from 2004. Hopefully the guys on the field tonight have a little more class.

Peems
December 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
The Talmage drop hurts the most to me. He had some of the most reliable hands in recent history and unfortunately all people now remember is his drop

colv93
December 12th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Funny that neither the officials nor anyone on the sideline saw it and put a stop to it. Seems kind of . . . improbable.

It happened. But you might have been too drunk to realize what was going on. Yes, we were amazed this was happening right in front of the referees and they didn't stop it.

I'm surprised those d linemen had the energy to pick up so much sod after all getting all those pancakes.

appstate38
December 12th, 2008, 06:47 PM
It happened. But you might have been too drunk to realize what was going on. Yes, we were amazed this was happening right in front of the referees and they didn't stop it.

I'm surprised those d linemen had the energy to pick up so much sod after all getting all those pancakes.

Did you play in that game???? xeyebrowx

uofmman1122
December 12th, 2008, 07:25 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!!

GO CHASE!

EDIT: WRONG THREAD!! xlolx