PDA

View Full Version : Towson Coaching Search?

89Hen
December 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Andy or others, any word coming out of Towson on a replacement?

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Well it was a pipe dream that Mike Locksley would come back to be the HC, he just took the New Mexico job.

UConn's OC Rob Ambrose is a Towson player and coach, with strong ties to maryland and Baltimore. Both his family and his in-law's are here. Being a former teammate of mine, I think he would be a great choice and the kind of guy who would come back.

Illinois has another former Towson player/coach Kurt Beathard. Who has been OC and DC at the FCS level before he went to Illinois. He would be a good choice too.

Joe Vitt has been doing alot of fundraisers in the past. All I know about him is he's been a NFL coach for a long time. And was the interim Rams HC a couple years back. Another former Tiger player.

Clawson's name was mentioned in a couple article, but I never really thought that was a serious chance.

If none of those alums get it, look for a FBS OC or DC to be hired. With a new companion arena for the Towson Center, a Field Hockey only stadium and buying out Gordy's two years, Towson apparently has money to burn on a big name. They did with Pat Kennedy.

mainejeff
December 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
They should look at Cosgrove.

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM

Off the subject, MJ your comments on Towson's basketball crowd on the A-10 message board cracked me up.

mainejeff
December 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Off the subject, MJ your comments on Towson's basketball crowd on the A-10 message board cracked me up.

What.......that they are showing up in droves to see CAA teams? Are you the one that slammed me?

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
What.......that they are showing up in droves to see CAA teams? Are you the one that slammed me?

No but I was laughing at both your comments and the slam out of nowhere.
xlolx xlolx xlolx

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Well it was a pipe dream that Mike Locksley would come back to be the HC, he just took the New Mexico job.

UConn's OC Rob Ambrose is a Towson player and coach, with strong ties to maryland and Baltimore. Both his family and his in-law's are here. Being a former teammate of mine, I think he would be a great choice and the kind of guy who would come back.

Illinois has another former Towson player/coach Kurt Beathard. Who has been OC and DC at the FCS level before he went to Illinois. He would be a good choice too.

Joe Vitt has been doing alot of fundraisers in the past. All I know about him is he's been a NFL coach for a long time. And was the interim Rams HC a couple years back. Another former Tiger player.

Clawson's name was mentioned in a couple article, but I never really thought that was a serious chance.

If none of those alums get it, look for a FBS OC or DC to be hired. With a new companion arena for the Towson Center, a Field Hockey only stadium and buying out Gordy's two years, Towson apparently has money to burn on a big name. They did with Pat Kennedy.

Rob Ambrose really should get the nod if he wants it. He is a very good OC and a guy you instantly like. He is a dynamite recruiter and would create a lot of excitment for the program IMO.

89Hen
December 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Kurt Beathard.
I'm sure it's pronounced Beth-urd but what an unfortunate name. :p

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Would Cosgrove leave Orono? Didn't he play there? He's like the Gordy Combs of Maine, only more successful.

mainejeff
December 12th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Would Cosgrove leave Orono?

I wish.

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I'm sure it's pronounced Beth-urd but what an unfortunate name. :p

You might know his dad Bobby. He lobbied his dad hard for the Skins to draft Meggett. Dave would have looked good in burgundy and gold.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM
You might know his dad Bobby. He lobbied his dad hard for the Skins to draft Meggett. Dave would have looked good in burgundy and gold.

I hope we are joking about Cosgrove leaving Maine xconfusedx

89Hen
December 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Why hasn't Zbig Kepa from W&M ever gotten a shot at a HC position? He's been the OC there forever and has produced an awful lot of good QB's.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Would Cosgrove leave Orono? He's like the Gordy Combs of Maine, only more successful.

I think that's what mainejeff wants... xnodx xlolx

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Why hasn't Zbig Kepa from W&M ever gotten a shot at a HC position? He's been the OC there forever and has produced an awful lot of good QB's.

I know you've been to Williamsburg, would you leave? Plus, not everyone wants to be a HC.

89Hen
December 12th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I know you've been to Williamsburg, would you leave? Plus, not everyone wants to be a HC.
Or maybe he's waiting for Jimmye to leave. xeyebrowx

andy7171
December 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
More inside scoop...

http://blog.thetowerlight.com/?cat=3

Tribe4SF
December 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Or maybe he's waiting for Jimmye to leave. xeyebrowx

Kep has always seemed happy in Williamsburg. He's still got one son playing high school ball.

I doubt Jimmye will be leaving anytime soon. At 60, he's got plenty of years left, and since Kepa has turned 50, he might be seen as too old when the day comes. Speculation about future HCs at W&M now includes David Corley, who has been a great addition to the program since ending his CFL career.

smcwildcat
December 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM
what about jonhhy unitas himself..afterall the stadium is named after him haha

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
what about jonhhy unitas himself..afterall the stadium is named after him haha

He's dead

Cleets
December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Mr. Andy
What years did you play for Towson... (I'm sure it was Towson State then)
and what do you do now..?
and what is your degree in..?

there that's all... xlolx

89Hen
December 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM

David Corley
There's one of them. xbowx