PDA

View Full Version : Elon OC going to Bryant

elon77
December 12th, 2008, 06:54 AM
After 1 season Elon's offensive coordinator is headed to Bryant also as an offensive coordinator. Any thought's?

danefan
December 12th, 2008, 06:56 AM
After 1 season Elon's offensive coordinator is headed to Bryant also as an offensive coordinator. Any thought's?

Good pick up for Bryant.

gophoenix
December 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM

We seem to have trouble holding onto OCs.

I wonder if Lembo got rid of him after our offensive troubles all year.

Or if the old guy is coming back after the Kansas State staff was let go.

dgreco
December 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Bryant news I had no idea about =/

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 12th, 2008, 08:03 AM

My money would be on better deal for the O Cord. Although I never really thought you guys struggled this year offensively. Not enough to force an O Cord. out.

appfan2008
December 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
seems like a step down to me?!!!

dgreco
December 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
My money would be on better deal for the O Cord. Although I never really thought you guys struggled this year offensively. Not enough to force an O Cord. out.

Looking at his career he really has no connections to the Northeast or to Marty Fine. He did coach at SBU and Hofstra but well before Coach Fine was in the area. I wonder how the two parties got hooked up.

ElonPride
December 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Rumor swirling was that Ruggerio was coming back to Elon after the staff at Kansas St was let go......hope there's some truth.

The Elon offense sure struggled putting points on the board, but had no trouble moving the ball through the season. As an example, 500 yards of offense at GSU, but only 22 points.....424 at El Cid, but only 20 points....409 against Samford, only 23 points....

667 against Presby - 66 points :)

McCarty is still listed on the Elon site though.....

SideLine Shooter
December 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Me too. Well, there goes the playoffs again next year.

UAalum72
December 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Look at it as an opportunity; he'll be seen as practically starting a D-I program from scratch, even though they're actually not in bad shape as coming from D-II.

gophoenix
December 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Not rumor, official
http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/elon_20794___article.html/mccarty_lembo.html

Seawolf97
December 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Bryant is moving along well on their Transistion to D1. If their new OC still has any Long Island High School connections left for recruiting they could pick up some nice talent. If Albany ever leaves the NEC Bryant could step into the drivers seat in several years.

seantaylor
December 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Who the hell is Bryant?

WOCO
December 13th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Who the hell is Bryant?

That is funny but I was going to ask the same thing!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
December 13th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Maybe he wants to be completely autonomous

Uncle Buck
December 24th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Looking at his career he really has no connections to the Northeast or to Marty Fine. He did coach at SBU and Hofstra but well before Coach Fine was in the area. I wonder how the two parties got hooked up.

This really should be a game of connect the dots. Ruggiero (sp?) was a former Hofstra coach as was McCarty even though they never worked together. McCarty who I think is a dynamite coordinator and brought tremendous balance to HU's fun-n-gun at the time, he is a great pick up for Bryant. The connection, McCarty coached at Hofstra when Greg Gigantino was the HU D-coordinator. We had a great offense during his tenure and i am sure that Gigs had something to do with the job.

Anyhow, not sure what happened down at Elon, but i said it once and i will say it again, i would take McCarty back to HU in a heartbeat.

dgreco
December 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
This really should be a game of connect the dots. Ruggiero (sp?) was a former Hofstra coach as was McCarty even though they never worked together. McCarty who I think is a dynamite coordinator and brought tremendous balance to HU's fun-n-gun at the time, he is a great pick up for Bryant. The connection, McCarty coached at Hofstra when Greg Gigantino was the HU D-coordinator. We had a great offense during his tenure and i am sure that Gigs had something to do with the job.

Anyhow, not sure what happened down at Elon, but i said it once and i will say it again, i would take McCarty back to HU in a heartbeat.

the offense is a little lackluster for Bryant. Mostly because of the 2 backs that can run and Coach Fine liking to sit on a lead even if its 3 points. Hopefully they open it up the next few years and have an exciting offense.

Uncle Buck
December 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
the offense is a little lackluster for Bryant. Mostly because of the 2 backs that can run and Coach Fine liking to sit on a lead even if its 3 points. Hopefully they open it up the next few years and have an exciting offense.

McCarty is a balanced guy but will definitely open it up. Very creative and a great QB guy. I think you guy's will be very happy.

Check your PM as well.

phoenixphanatic21
December 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Me too. Well, there goes the playoffs again next year.

Not so fast my friend. 2 years ago, we didn't get in because our defense let us down. This year, our D did what it needed to do and our offense couldn't do anything when it mattered most. I like that McCarty brought balance to our offense, but he seemed to fall in love with the run too much sometimes, calling numerous run plays when we needed to start passing the ball, particularly against App and Liberty. Give us Ruggerio back and the offense we had 2 years ago with the defense we had last year and I think we should make the playoffs this year (the field expanding to 20 teams also helps our cause). I just REALLY hope we get Ruggerio back. Otherwise, we could be in some big trouble.