View Full Version : New FBS QB Transfer to SHSU

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
It has been reported on KatFans and PonyFans that QB Logan Turner, who just completed his redshirt freshmen year will transfer from SMU to SHSU. Turner got caught in a numbers game with freshman Bo Levi Mitchell starting for the Mustangs this past year under new head coach June Jones.

The last SMU QB transfer to SHSU? Josh McCown. Remember him?

There's further rumor that possibly another C-USA or maybe even an SEC signal-caller will be making their way to Huntsville. The Kat faithful will tell you that we really had no one behind Bomar and that our latest attempts to find prep QBs in Texas have gone for not since we plucked Brett Hicks out of Bandera, Texas.

This was a list of starting QBs from the state of Texas that were starting for FBS programs. You can ignore the number next to them, but that was their ranking as far as the NCAA passing yardage numbers go, earlier in the season. All those talented QBs.

1. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, Ennis Tx
3. Case Keenum, Houston Abilene, TX
4. Chase Daniel, Missouri, Southlake Carroll
6. Chase Clement, Rice, Alamo Heights
9. Todd Reesing, Kansas, Austin Westlake
10. Colt McCoy, Texas,Tuscola, TX
13. Matthew Stafford, Georgia, Highland Park, TX
15. Chase Holbrook, New Mexico St, Hurst TX
16. Bo Levi Mitchell, SMU, Katy TX
19. Casey Dick, Arkansas, Allen TX
21. Giovanni Vizza, N Texas , San Antonio, TX
26. Trevor Vittatoe, UTEP, Bedford, TX
27. Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M, Humble, TX
34. Brian Johnson, Utah, Baytown Lee TX
51. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss, Stephenville, Tx
56. Robert Griffin, Baylor Copperas Cove, Tx
61. Andy Dalton, TCU Katy, TX
67. Kevin Moore, Tulane Highland Village, Tx
74. Jarrett Lee, LSU, Brenham Tx
80. Christian Ponder, Florida St, Colleyville, Tx
86. Daniel Raudabaugh, Miami (OH), Coppel, Tx
112. Nick Stephens, Tennessee Flower Mound

McNeese75
December 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Some people never learn xrotatehx

ncbears
December 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Who cares?
xlolx xlolx

GRZZ
December 11th, 2008, 01:39 AM
You have had some good dropdowns, but its no wonder you don't have any depth. Why would any high school senior sign there when there is probably a better than 50% chance the staff will get a transfer instead of starting someone they developed (or didn't, as the case may be...)

cvbison1
December 11th, 2008, 01:41 AM
i agree with you GRZZ, that'd be a tough place to go to. p.s. i like your signatures

Hoyadestroya85
December 11th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Bo Levi Mitchell was pretty horrendous this year.. but i trust June Jones with quarterbacks

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM
You have had some good dropdowns, but its no wonder you don't have any depth. Why would any high school senior sign there when there is probably a better than 50% chance the staff will get a transfer instead of starting someone they developed (or didn't, as the case may be...)

We've signed some talented HS QBs. The last two heralded signal-callers from the spring 2007 recruiting class -- Welch and Weidman -- have not lived up to their potential and one who is already off the roster, if I am not mistaken.

gokats85
December 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
i agree with you GRZZ, that'd be a tough place to go to. p.s. i like your signatures

Especially with the crappy coaching we have now!xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

BobcatJH
December 11th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Are you really gloating about getting a transfer that had to carry Bo Levi Mitchell's jock around all season?

Also, I would think a degree from SMU (even if you do hold the clipboard for Levi) is worth more than a starting job at Sam Houston State.

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Nope -- just making sure the fans around FCS know that we have another FBS QB, since we've developed a reputation as being the second home for plenty of FBS QBS -- for better or for worse, for the last however many years (probably since Chaloupka in 1999).

And speaking of SMU, Josh McCown went from a possible nothing to an NFL player by having that one year at SHSU and really developing a name for himself...so it's not all that bad in some cases. ;)

BobcatJH
December 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM
My intent was not to blast a degree from SHSU, but SMU's reputation academically speaks for itself.

I would agree with most SHSU fans that Bomar did not have alot of help around him, at least on the defensive side of the ball. The playcalling was also bad. You guys did have a couple of talented skill position players around Bomar, but the team as a whole did not have the horses this year.

If your coach had the sack to go for 2 after the final touchdown against the Bobcats, Northwestern State would have taken that beating in Missoula instead our boys.

slycat
December 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Between SHSU and Delaware taking all the transfers, there won;t be any left for the any other schools.

Bearkats94
December 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Our coaches couldn't developed anything for them self. So they have to go get a player that has been tooled by a real coach.

CatMom07
December 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Between SHSU and Delaware taking all the transfers, there won't be any left for the other schools.

Guess our coaches will just be relegated to stomping the recruiting trail and finding homegrown talent. What a PITA xwhistlex

BEAR
December 11th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Our coaches couldn't developed anything for them self. So they have to go get a player that has been tooled by a real coach.

xlolx xlolx Sorry. Sounds thematic for you guys. xlolx xnonono2x

Bearkats94
December 11th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Most of the guys on katfans.com was hoping he would be gone by now. But it looks like he will be there until the day he dies or retires whichever comes first.xnonono2x What really sucks is Turner Gill was listed has one of the coaches that applied for the job when Whitten was hired now look what he has done.xbawlingx I wish I could get a job where you performance is not looked at.xnonox