PDA

View Full Version : London and Matthews on academics and playoffs.

Tribe4SF
December 10th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Another good column from Dave Fairbank of The Daily Press.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_column1210dec10,0,2653552.column

WVAPPmountaineer
December 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Yes a very good article - I know over the last 3 years APP had several players taking exams the morning of the championship game in Chatty - Hey these guys aren't professional athletes who do nothing but play football - also look at D2 and D3 - these guys are still playing as well - I have heard Miles Brand on a couple of occasions at Elon and he has yet to give an honest answer to why there is no playoffs for FBS - It is a joke!!!

appfan2008
December 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Yes a very good article - I know over the last 3 years APP had several players taking exams the morning of the championship game in Chatty - Hey these guys aren't professional athletes who do nothing but play football - also look at D2 and D3 - these guys are still playing as well - I have heard Miles Brand on a couple of occasions at Elon and he has yet to give an honest answer to why there is no playoffs for FBS - It is a joke!!!

I know ASU had athletes taking exams in chatty but never on game day... exams end for the students on the wednesday before the game and on that day the students would take the exams that they had left in the hotel lobby... they would never be expected to take them gameday morning

JMU_MRD'03-'07
December 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
FBS, suck it up... you're just greedy. They are students and your coaches have to work around academics. If FCS, DII, and DIII can do it, so can you.

Gimme a P-L-A-Y-O-F-F!