PDA

View Full Version : WCU lands Cabral, Pressley could be next to commit(link)

catamount man
December 9th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Wagner and staff land one of WNC's best. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

More on Cabral to WCU; Pressley could be next

Western Carolina football coach Dennis Wagner is heading into the Christmas season with one of the mountains' biggest recruiting prizes nestled under his tree.

Reynolds linebacker Rudy Cabral, the Northwestern Conference Defensive Player of the Year, said Sunday that he has committed to the Catamounts.

“I'm a Catamount, and it's a decision that I feel confident about,” Cabral said. “They're going to get some talented guys, and we're going to turn this program around under coach Wagner. It's the place to be.”

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

asknoquarter21
December 9th, 2008, 08:24 AM
congrats on rudy, I'm not surprised he is signing early. He has been pretty worried for over a year that he wouldn't get offer due to grades.

Pressley will go to WCU because he wants to play QB and thats the only school that is letting him do that right now.

catamount man
December 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
congrats on rudy, I'm not surprised he is signing early. He has been pretty worried for over a year that he wouldn't get offer due to grades.

Pressley will go to WCU because he wants to play QB and thats the only school that is letting him do that right now.

And no offense to Zack Jaynes, but Pressley, IMO, would run the offense better. Zack is a trooper though. 4 kids from SW Dekalb HS in Atlanta were on campus this past weekend and left giving WCU all thumbs up. SWDHS WR Jacoby Mitchell has been offered by us, Furman, GSU, and several lower FBS schools. He wants to go to Oregon REAL BAD, but I do know that he likes what he saw at Western Carolina.

Hope we can land him!

WCU LawCat
December 10th, 2008, 03:14 AM

I'm not so sure Pressley will remain a QB at WCU if he comes. it sounds like he may get a chance to prove himself as a College QB so the ball may be in his court. Just speculation but he had a ton of ACC offers at one point it sounds like.

...and if there was some kind of grade issue with Cabral in the past that is clearly no longer an issue. Wagner has made it a point NOT to take kids who are "boarderline" in academics. That hurt WCU in the past.

AppStateSVX
January 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Pressley is NOT college QB material. Having graduated from NB, i've seen the kid in action a lot. he is not a team leader whatsoever, he constantly singles out his teammates and blames them for his mistakes. He wouldn't pass the drug tests anyway though.

catamount man
January 4th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Pressley is NOT college QB material. Having graduated from NB, i've seen the kid in action a lot. he is not a team leader whatsoever, he constantly singles out his teammates and blames them for his mistakes. He wouldn't pass the drug tests anyway though.

Doesn't matter, Pressley's going to Lenoir Rhyne from what my sources tell me. xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TheOne14
January 4th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Pressley would be a great pick up as an Athlete, but not QB. His passing isn't that great...
Cabral could really sure up the defense though.. good commitment... There is plenty of talent in WNC, good to see they are getting a shot at College Ball..

The Cats
January 5th, 2009, 07:07 AM
He wouldn't pass the drug tests anyway though.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

AppMan
January 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
There are reasons those other schools dropped off Pressley.

AppState336
January 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Pressley is one hell of an athlete. He won all of Norths Buncombe's games pretty much on his own..

ASU
January 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like all the SoCon coaches need to pool their resources and hire a good private eye to ask about each player so each school doesn't have to check them out time after time.....would help the SoCon.....and that helps the SoCon beat up on the CAA and other conferences.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By the way.....congratulations WCU......none of your fans seem to believe this, but we are rooting for you and your football team.

catamount man
January 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Pressley is one hell of an athlete. He won all of Norths Buncombe's games pretty much on his own..

Per the ACT, he committed to us today. Despite the troublemaker rumors, I'm sure Wagner has told him there will be NO monkey business in Cullowhee and he will be given a chance to play QB.

HUGE PICK UP FOR WCU!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

The Cats
January 6th, 2009, 06:55 AM
......none of your fans seem to believe this, but we are rooting for you and your football team.

What a voice in the wilderness you are !!!!!