PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Reservations

Rekdiver
December 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
If you want to make a reservation there will be a bunch of openings today.
All my chaps have cancelled reservations.
Stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo which is walking distance to the stadium.

I would suggest that if you plan to tailgate, you need to get to the stadium early in the am to get a spot, the best place is the parking behind the non pressbox side.

To set expectations for you each finalist school will get 3,800 tickets. Asu was reserving 1,000 for students and the remainder for boosters. Additionally many of my friends bought tickets directly from the NCAA site. These tickets will be available and I will check with my chaps to see how they play to list their's and let the Board know.

If you haven't gone, go!!!. Chattanooga is a decent city, certaintly no destination but the game atmosphere is great.

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Staybridge Suites is closer than the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I Stayed there last year...It's maybe 200 yards from the parking lot. The location is great...the fact they badly overbooked wasn't so great, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem this year.

I would suggest that if you plan to tailgate, you need to get to the stadium early in the am to get a spot, the best place is the parking behind the non pressbox side.

It's always good to arrive early, but I'd be surprised to see the kind of early rush for parking spots we experienced last year. In 2005, I arrived maybe 5 hours before kickoff, parked in the first row on the non-pressbox side.

In 2006, I arrived at about the same time, parked out in the middle of the lot.

In 2007, I arrived at about 10 am, parked way out near the end of the lot. So tailgating space was a non-issue before 2007. Even with near-capacity crowds in 2005 and 2006, space was abundant without showing up early in the morning.

That's not to say 'don't plan ahead,' but the kind of demand for space we saw last year was a kind of anomaly. JMU could really pack the place out, but there were 6,000 fewer fans when JMU played in 2004 than when ASU played in 2007.

BDKJMU
December 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I bet Chattanooga hotels got hundreds of cancellations in the last several days. I know there are numerous NC game tickets being sold on E-bay- 31 listings on e-bay as I type this, most with NC addresses. Most of those people are SCREWED, as this game won't likely be a sellout.

appfan2008
December 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
i read on mountaineer message board how an app fan cancelled their reservation and the person at the hotel started asking why everyone was cancelling, something about she didnt know why she was getting so many cancellations and was calling other hotels to see if they were having the same problem and they were... i am sure there are plenty of openings now when there may not have been a couple of days ago

HiHiYikas
December 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I bet Chattanooga hotels got hundreds of cancellations in the last several days. I know there are numerous NC game tickets being sold on E-bay- 31 listings on e-bay as I type this, most with NC addresses. Most of those people are SCREWED, as this game won't likely be a sellout.
Given the unprecedented demand ASU has generated for the championship game over the past few years, Mountaineer fans are wise to plan ahead.

When a $1,500 booster club donation gets you a parking spot that was free two years ago, and buying a $160 season ticket is the only way to get a decent seat for regular season home games, what's $60 more for a couple of championship tickets? Especially when said donations/purchases don't guarantee you'll be able to buy them from the school.

After experiencing the mad dash for hotel rooms and tickets that occured last year, taking a $60 bath is nothing.

ASUTodd
December 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I canceled mine at Staybridge Downtown Sunday. she was like, what is going on? Explained that App lost and she was like, oh my that isn't good for the city...

rudy1648
December 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I canceled mine at Staybridge Downtown Sunday. she was like, what is going on? Explained that App lost and she was like, oh my that isn't good for the city...

I just cancealed 2 rooms at the Fairfield Inn at the mall outside Chatty.

Great place to stay is the Hampton Inn downtown. Walking distance to the stadium.

Touchdown Yosef
December 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Given the unprecedented demand ASU has generated for the championship game over the past few years, Mountaineer fans are wise to plan ahead.

When a $1,500 booster club donation gets you a parking spot that was free two years ago, and buying a $160 season ticket is the only way to get a decent seat for regular season home games, what's $60 more for a couple of championship tickets? Especially when said donations/purchases don't guarantee you'll be able to buy them from the school.

After experiencing the mad dash for hotel rooms and tickets that occured last year, taking a $60 bath is nothing.

Yes and 1500 donations do not get you tickets to the champ game. By not planning ahead you have to stay way out of town and scalp tickets way above face value.

MaroonDoom
December 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
FYI. Never plan ahead when you are dealing with 18 to 21 year olds football players.

Rekdiver
December 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
a $2,500 donation this year did not guarantee you tickets to the NC game.

nmatsen
December 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Days inn on Carter street is great, 70 bones, 3, blocks from the stadium.

I really, really, really hope I get to stay there again.

Mountain Panther
December 8th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Days inn on Carter street is great, 70 bones, 3, blocks from the stadium.

I really, really, really hope I get to stay there again.

Prior to the 05 game someone on here said that the Days Inn was "ghetto," so I booked at the Holiday Inn ACROSS THE STREET. Walked by the Days Inn several times wishing I had booked there instead.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Is JMU/Montana winner at the Mariott and UNI/UR winner at the ChooChoo?