PDA

View Full Version : Class

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I thought it should a lot of class that the UNH coaches didn't call their last timeout at the end of the game. They saw the game was over and didn't prolong the inevitable.

Pantherpower
December 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I've really enjoyed watching UNH play the past few years. To call their offense creative is an understatement.

Coaches and players seemed to be a classy group. You have to feel for them coming so close the past couple of years (no smack).

Ronbo
December 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I can't remember who it was but it was 2-3 years ago an opponent called a time out the last two minutes when we had the ball and were up 3-4 TD's. We were just going to run the ball and the clock out. But after the timeout Hauck called a pass play. When asked about it in the press conference Hauck said, "I thought the other Coach still wanted to play." xsmiley_wix

ValleyChamp
December 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM
You could tell they really came into the Dome with alot of fire.

Big Al
December 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM
You have to feel for them coming so close the past couple of years (no smack).

Absolutely. I wish I could have seen the game in person today. Last year's game was one of the best games I've ever seen at all levels.

mtgrizfan4life
December 7th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I can't remember who it was but it was 2-3 years ago an opponent called a time out the last two minutes when we had the ball and were up 3-4 TD's. We were just going to run the ball and the clock out. But after the timeout Hauck called a pass play. When asked about it in the press conference Hauck said, "I thought the other Coach still wanted to play." xsmiley_wix

I believe you are referring to the Sac State game. BH and their coach at the time seemed to not like eachother anyway. McBride is surely putting himself in that status too.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I believe you are referring to the Sac State game. BH and their coach at the time seemed to not like eachother anyway. McBride is surely putting himself in that status too.Especially considering he said we were an "OK team," who wasn't as good as Cal Poly, even after we took his team to the woodshed. xrolleyesx

Ronin
December 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM
UNH had several good misdirection plays... they came to play and even brought a few fans with them.

T-Dog
December 7th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Sounds like us last week vs SCSU when their coach started calling TO's with 18 seconds left. So we threw it on 4th down in the endzone and got a TD.

SCSU's coach said afterwards "When your being given an out, you better take it."

grizband
December 7th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Wasn't that Southern Utah last year?

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Wasn't that Southern Utah last year?If I remember correctly, we needed an interception to seal the win, so I doubt it was SUU.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I love UNH. Great time with the fans this weekend!

UD77
December 7th, 2008, 05:17 AM
UNH always plays with class. No cheap shots. Very well coached and for the last four or five years has been an exceptional team.

UD77
December 7th, 2008, 05:18 AM
UNH is a class team that is well coached and always comes to play.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 06:25 AM
UNH is a class team that is well coached and always comes to play.

Very well coached.xthumbsupx

OxSoxUNH05
December 7th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Now we just need to work on that execution

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Now we just need to work on that execution

Don't sell yourself short. You've lost to us 3 times by a total of 8 points. Sometimes the playoffs are more about matchups than skill.

I did not want to play you guys. I felt good about Maine, but wanted SIU next.

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Don't sell yourself short. You've lost to us 3 times by a total of 8 points. Sometimes the playoffs are more about matchups than skill.

I did not want to play you guys. I felt good about Maine, but wanted SIU next.

We wanted you too. I didn't see the game last might but it sounds like our D played them tougher than yours did. Was pretty surprised to hear their offense put 27 on you.

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
We wanted you too. I didn't see the game last might but it sounds like our D played them tougher than yours did. Was pretty surprised to hear their offense put 27 on you.The misdirection plays got us in the first half. Sweeps, reverses, double throw back pass bomb, etc...

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 09:50 AM
We wanted you too. I didn't see the game last might but it sounds like our D played them tougher than yours did. Was pretty surprised to hear their offense put 27 on you.

Our D is still playing. xthumbsupx

They had 7 points on a 100 yd INT return, 7 on a 30 yd drive after a fumble, and 7 on a WR screen flee flicker bomb.

I'd say our D played well.

Tribe4SF
December 7th, 2008, 10:00 AM
UNH is always a class show.

I was disappointed in RJ Toman's play in both playoff games. He seemed jittery, and unsure of himself, and missed alot of throws. He also missed several opportunities to run. Definitely not up to the standard he achieved during the regular season.