PDA

View Full Version : Dear Big Sky

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Your officials really suck. I feel really bad for you having to deal with them all year long.

Ronbo
December 6th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I thought they were bad till we got a taste of the Patriot League refs today. xmadx xeekx xmadx xmadx xeekx

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 10:32 PM
They do suck. But they have to be better than those god awful SoCon refs, and those horrible refs at the Texas State-Montana game.

gbhmt
December 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Your officials really suck. I feel really bad for you having to deal with them all year long.

Hahaha I said the same thing about yours last week. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone has good officials.

The Patriot League's officials, however, were outstanding today and quite frankly I don't think they made a bad call in the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
It's funny that everyone complains about everyone's refs in playoffs after complaing about their own during the regular season. The moral of the story people just like to b*tch.

cats2506
Yes the do and we know it, I watched the UNI game and we commented on the officials and how they were as bad as the BSC refs. I didnt think that BSC officials were working this week.

Wild game BTW, fun to watch, good luck against Richmond, they looked pretty tough today.

gbhmt
I thought they were bad till we got a taste of the Patriot League refs today. xmadx xeekx xmadx xmadx xeekx

lolwut.

There was one glaring no-call for clipping, other than that they seemed golden.

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I think we all know which ref was the worst of the crew right Clenz

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I think we all know which ref was the worst of the crew right ClenzStupid Asian

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
lolwut.

There was one glaring no-call for clipping, other than that they seemed golden.
There might have been a wee bit of a hold on Weber late in the game not called, and perhaps - not for sure, but perhaps, right before 1/2 time when the Griz player was holding the Weber player by the shoulder pads while the Weber player was throwing punches you could have just called 1 player for a personal foul instead of both, but yeah, they were pretty good.

Montanan
December 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
It's funny that everyone complains about everyone's refs in playoffs after complaing about their own during the regular season. The moral of the story people just like to b*tch.

well ya, as long as it's free, just wait till they tax it! xthumbsupx

Ronbo
December 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hahaha I said the same thing about yours last week. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone has good officials.

The Patriot League's officials, however, were outstanding today and quite frankly I don't think they made a bad call in the game.

You're not watching the game. 4 holding calls on us and Weber O-Linemen were grabbing jerseys all day long and got zero calls. It took 3 times for #31 on defense to hit our WR's late in the back after the play was over before he finally got called. He was warned the first two times. What? I saw a clip on the screen pass that Smith took 60 yards. I'm sure I missed some things.

JayJ79
December 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, I think the refs we had at tonight's UNI/UNH were from the Southland Conference.

At least there are SLC games that come up when I google the names of the various officials. But then there are also a few Big 12 games that also come up. I really don't see how those guys could do a Big 12 game. Ugh.

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I will say this - after i got home and watched the replay I was wrong on 90% of the calls I bitched about - but i got 2 of them right xlolx

Mn_Moose
December 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Actually, I think the refs we had at tonight's UNI/UNH were from the Southland Conference.

At least there are SLC games that come up when I google the names of the various officials. But then there are also a few Big 12 games that also come up. I really don't see how those guys could do a Big 12 game. Ugh.

I was at the game. I thought the mistakes the officiating crew made all night was poor spoting of the ball. The would always lose about 1 to 2 yds.

And ALL officials blow the dang whistle too late. There were a couple plays right in front of me that they didn't even blow a whistle after the tackle. xchinscratchx

HLNgriz
December 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I was at the game. I thought the mistakes the officiating crew made all night was poor spoting of the ball. The would always lose about 1 to 2 yds.

And ALL officials blow the dang whistle too late. There were a couple plays right in front of me that they didn't even blow a whistle after the tackle. xchinscratchx

I agree

JayJ79
December 6th, 2008, 11:01 PM
There was some pretty obvious missed holding calls. But that is not a rarity.
And they totally missed an offsides call.

Not to mention that the ball had to be a full yard inside the endzone before they would call it a touchdown. (okay, so I haven't confimed those instances on the tape. maybe my angle was bad)

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Let's just put it this way.

I have heard refs booed after missing a call. However, I have never heard an entire stadium boo a ref for about 2 minutes straight well after the play was over.

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
There was a little bit of passion in the Dome

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
A few death threat here and there, you know nothing major!

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I went to the Citade Furman game a year ago... xeekx
Let's put it this way... if I was a Big Sky coach or AD I would never (NEVER) play a SoCon team on the road...

I was with The Citdog.. even he had to admit.. it was like surreal... like another dimension the flags were so Odd and incredulous

AMAZINGLY BAD... xlolx

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM

I have heard refs booed after missing a call. However, I have never heard an entire stadium boo a ref for about 2 minutes straight well after the play was over.EWU - UM last year had a botched P.I. call that just about brought 24,000 fans onto the field. It was being booed for what felt like forever. Oddly enough, though, a few plays later they botched an Offensive P.I. call in our favor. I think it's give and take.

JayJ79
December 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
A few death threat here and there, you know nothing major!

I only threatened to run out there and punch them in the mouth, but only if they called offsides on UNI after missing a blatant offsides by UNH. (thankfully, the flag they had thrown was false start, or perhaps illegal shift, on UNH in that instance)

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM

I have heard refs booed after missing a call. However, I have never heard an entire stadium boo a ref for about 2 minutes straight well after the play was over.

You havent been to any BSC games xlolx

I always like when the stadium dj plays the theme to "Jepordy" while the refs are trying to figure out what they are doing

BEAR
December 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I attended a UCA v. La. Tech football game last year. UCA had the ball on the 37 and the first quarter ended. The field flipped and the officials placed the ball on the other 32, then the 27, then the 32 again, then the 37. I asked a Tech fan where the officials came from and he laughed and informed me that this was typical for their conference, but as a former official himself, he knew they work on a circuit. This was later confirmed by my talking with one of them at a recent football game. There is no conference loyalty..it's a paycheck. xlolx But that doesn't answer to the quality of the officiating experienced at any game. xcoffeex

Barnstormer
December 6th, 2008, 11:32 PM

That was some long booing indeed!

clenz
December 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM

I always like when the stadium dj plays the theme to "Jepordy" while the refs are trying to figure out what they are doing
This same thing happened tonight at least 3 times....and for no apparent reason.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Yeah our crew does that except with the Darth Vader theme.

unidustin86
December 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I only threatened to run out there and punch them in the mouth, but only if they called offsides on UNI after missing a blatant offsides by UNH. (thankfully, the flag they had thrown was false start, or perhaps illegal shift, on UNH in that instance)

That guys was offsides by atleast a yard or yard and a half. That was a horrible noncall!!!!!!!!!!

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I only threatened to run out there and punch them in the mouth, but only if they called offsides on UNI after missing a blatant offsides by UNH. (thankfully, the flag they had thrown was false start, or perhaps illegal shift, on UNH in that instance)Are you talking about the Asian?

JayJ79
December 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Are you talking about the Asian?

I have no idea. I don't really see such details about the officials. All I see is stripes

clenz
December 7th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I have no idea. I don't really see such details about the officials. All I see is stripes
The Asian was the line judge, and was by far the worst official on the field.

achrist70
December 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Not being racist or anything but that is probably why he was the first ever Asian Official I have seen

griz37
December 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I don't know if he was one of the officials in your game, but a referee from the Big Sky is actually moving to the NFL next year.

I didn't think the Patriot League refs were bad at all, certainly better than the BSC & far better than the MVC refs from last week.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Not being racist or anything but that is probably why he was the first ever Asian Official I have seen

um, I'm pretty sure that is pretty much the definition of being racist.

already123
December 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I guess I can officially rest my case and say that the Big Sky DOES, in fact, have the WORST officials in the country.

Amen

Native
December 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
You're not watching the game. 4 holding calls on us and Weber O-Linemen were grabbing jerseys all day long and got zero calls. It took 3 times for #31 on defense to hit our WR's late in the back after the play was over before he finally got called. He was warned the first two times. What? I saw a clip on the screen pass that Smith took 60 yards. I'm sure I missed some things.

I am surprised that anyone from Montana would complain about holding calls! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Montana did not come up short from the referees last Saturday. If the Grizz defense plays the same way for the entire game at JMU and the refs call holds and PI calls closely, Montana will lose well over a hundred yards in penalties and it could affect the outcome of the game. xbawlingx

BUT congrats on your victory xbowx and I hope you beat JMU and bring the NC home to the BSC. xthumbsupx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I am surprised that anyone from Montana would complain about holding calls! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Montana did not come up short from the referees last Saturday. If the Grizz defense plays the same way for the entire game at JMU and the refs call holds and PI calls closely, Montana will lose well over a hundred yards in penalties and it could affect the outcome of the game. xbawlingx

BUT congrats on your victory xbowx and I hope you beat JMU and bring the NC home to the BSC. xthumbsupx

Yep, the refs always decide the game, the players just show up to drink the gatoraid xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
December 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know if he was one of the officials in your game, but a referee from the Big Sky is actually moving to the NFL next year.

Well I hope he never ref's any Seahawks' games... we have enough problems as it is! xlolx

CatMom07
December 8th, 2008, 12:49 AM

The SLC officials are a training ground for the Big 12. It is a known fact. They aren't very good either. They almost cost us the SLC championship against SHSU. One of the players moms said, in the first quarter and I tended to agreee, that we had to beat the officials too. The most glaring issue in that game was ball placement, especially on 3rd or 4th and very short.

Not to worry, they suck the rest of the year too.

Proud Griz Man
December 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM

I noticed the Illegal Block in the Back too Ron. I was impressed with Smith. Other than Smith, the Griz D shut down Weber.