PDA

View Full Version : CN8 and MASN

blukeys
December 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
The word I have gotten is that CN8 is no more considering covering
college football. Anyone, who has info to the contrary please contact me publicly or privately as I think this is very bad for Northeast College FCS football.

Anyone, who has watched some of the games on CN8 should know that a certain concrete company has been footing the bill. IN an era where development is not doing well, perhaps this gentleman can no longer foot the bill for CN8 football. In my view he is a Lafayette alum and all of the teams who showed up on these games should give this guy an ATTABOY!!!!

That is what I say here and now. CN8 has given us great PL, Ivy League, and CAA games.

The Production quality has been first rate and it has highlighted all 3 of these conferences in the most positive way.

The word I am getting is this will be coming to an end. I hope this is not so. But, I do understand the economics.

That being said, MASN, who is covering mainly the Baltimore/Wash sports area appears willing to deal with the CAA.

MASN has stated that they want to be the local sports network from MD south to FLA. They have stated that they want an ACC footprint which in all honesty looks like a CAA footpring.

Can the CAA teams work this to their advantage?

MASN carried the UNH/ UNI football game tonite. It appears they want CAA product in football.

Could an aggressive marketing effort get CAA football on a regular basis on NASN????

Currently Masn is a Baltimore/DC network but they are definitely looking into VA and furhter South.