PDA

View Full Version : Good job ESPN :)

cats2506
December 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I have watched parts of all 4 games today (still watching UNH/UNI) and I would like to say that ESPN has done an excellent job of covering and announcing the games. I have heard very little if any discussion of the FBS and I have heard several announcers that are knowledgeable about the FCS and its games, teams and players and know some FCS history.

Good job ESPN

4th and What?
December 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Agreed. Overall a great job, but that camera at JMU that was bouncing from the wind all game needs to be strapped down for next week! And yes, UNH should ALWAYS go for 2 xnonono2x

Cranium716
December 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
ESPN was great and I only know this because I had to go to a bar to watch the JMU game and luckily MASN covered the UNI/UNH game. BOO on Comcast for having horrible service with Gameplan and not offering ESPN360! xnonono2x xnonox

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I watched the Montana / Weber game.. and the announcers were pretty good
One guy (the color man) was a former player slash 1996 grad of Marshal and he was very sharp..

xwhistlex Odd for ESPN

turfdoc
December 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Actually ESPN360 international took my money and the streaming never happened. I didn't get to see any of the games this weekend. I see myself apllying for a job in lexington. How is lexington to live?

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I watched the App State Richmond game on the internet and I thought the coverage was excellent.

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I watched the replay on Altitude when I got home - I guess I didn't realize the cameras were allowed to follow the action all the way through the pass. And I was shocked, shocked to see that games at WA-Griz could be broadcast in color instead of fade in gray to black.

turfdoc
December 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I watched the replay on Altitude when I got home - I guess I didn't realize the cameras were allowed to follow the action all the way through the pass. And I was shocked, shocked to see that games at WA-Griz could be broadcast in color instead of fade in gray to black.

I just thought colored light was not reflected off things in Montana and everything out there was black and white (kind of like the 50s)

Dukes_Bando
December 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Agreed. Overall a great job, but that camera at JMU that was bouncing from the wind all game needs to be strapped down for next week! And yes, UNH should ALWAYS go for 2 xnonono2x

If it was the endzone camera then it was the band/students rocking the temporary stands and scaffolding that the camera was on. That won't be fixed until 2011xnodx

Tim James
December 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
They said Montana was hosting the next round. I know I heard that during the half of the UNI-UNH game. They went around the country to the different sites of the quaterfinal games and the guys who did the Montana game made reference to Montana hosting the semi final.

NovaHater
December 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
For $21.95 Gameplan could have broadcast in HD.
UR and Nova games looked like they were playing at night

At least next week we'll have HD and everyone can watch without having to payxcoffeex

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 10:12 PM
For $21.95 Gameplan could have broadcast in HD.
UR and Nova games looked like they were playing at night

At least next week we'll have HD and everyone can watch without having to payxcoffeex

Actually they need HD cameras to broadcast in HD and the allocation of bandwidth
Presently Comcast (using the Pegasus Technology System) developed by BARCO can indeed support an HD 720p resolution with MPEG4 compression and (assisted technologies)

I'll look into it and get back...

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
They said Montana was hosting the next round. I know I heard that during the half of the UNI-UNH game. They went around the country to the different sites of the quaterfinal games and the guys who did the Montana game made reference to Montana hosting the semi final.
wishful thinking

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I just thought colored light was not reflected off things in Montana and everything out there was black and white (kind of like the 50s)

what is colored light? you mean there are colors other than black and white???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

turfdoc
December 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
what is colored light? you mean there are colors other than black and white???xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

No.... no... of course not there are not actual qualitative differences in light just presence (white) and absence (black) and gradations in between.

..... Sorry I almost let that one out of the bag