PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Weber highlights

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah baby. Just up!!!

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/media_item.aspx?n=7677&m=18

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Says we are 9-0 in the quarterfinals but I think it's actually 9-1. We lost to McNeese 24-20 in the 2002 QFs.

WGS sounds LOUD!!!

elkmcc
December 6th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Says we are 9-0 in the quarterfinals but I think it's actually 9-1. We lost to McNeese 24-20 in the 2002 QFs.

WGS sounds LOUD!!!

9-0 at WGS.

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
9-0 at WGS.

I stand happily corrected. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
What a fantastic game.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
After watching the last few weeks, and especially this week's highlights, I can confidently say that Reynolds is by far the best back in FCS right now.

No one is playing near as well. Let's hope it keeps up all the way. xthumbsupx

elkmcc
December 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I stand happily corrected. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I thought you would be.xnodx

elkmcc
December 6th, 2008, 08:25 PM
After watching the last few weeks, and especially this week's highlights, I can confidently say that Reynolds is by far the best back in FCS right now.

I'm liking what I am seeing. These 4'th quarter all consuming drives seem irrepressible. Reynolds makes an ominous O line seem invincible.

And that is not even mentioning the defense.

gbhmt
December 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I'm liking what I am seeing. These 4'th quarter all consuming drives seem irrepressible. Reynolds makes an ominous O line seem invincible.

And that is not even mentioning the defense.

I was absolutely amazed at how incredible the corners played. The only big pass in the game (discounting Smith's screen, that was just a big run on his part) was that one to Toone and Swink had him perfectly covered, Toone just made an incredible play (that little push off helped him out thoughxrolleyesx )

Absolute lock down pass defense this week for the Griz.

Ronbo
December 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Excuse me where did Native and I bleed Purple go?

I told them the Weber State team would be SHOCKED and not ready for what they would face in a Quarterfinal game at WGS. It's just the next level and Utah and Hawaii just don't prepare you for it.

Cleets
December 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I was absolutely amazed at how incredible the corners played. The only big pass in the game (discounting Smith's screen, that was just a big run on his part) was that one to Toone and Swink had him perfectly covered, Toone just made an incredible play (that little push off helped him out thoughxrolleyesx )

Absolute lock down pass defense this week for the Griz.

Yup..!!!
Toone absolutely destroyed Cal Poly... (I watched every second of that game - twice)
The Montana corner cover scheme today was outrageous - with light but steady help from the line backers (sometimes) and strong safety mostly...

the weak side Pass D with the 1/2 cover one or whatever Montana calls that was exposed on some screens

but otherwise VERY good D.. in fact almost perfect

~

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Yup..!!!
Toone absolutely destroyed Cal Poly... (I watched every second of that game - twice)
The Montana corner cover scheme was outrageous - with light but steady help from the line backers (sometimes) and strong safety mostly...

the weak side Pass D with the 1/2 cover one or whatever Montana calls that was exposed on some screens

but otherwise VERY good D.. in fact almost perfect

~

I concur with your observations, good sir.

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Excuse me where did Native and I bleed Purple go?

I told them the Weber State team would be SHOCKED and not ready for what they would face in a Quarterfinal game at WGS. It's just the next level and Utah and Hawaii just don't prepare you for it.Native Last Activity: Today 01:58 AM (Yesterday 9:58 PM Mountain Time)

I Bleed Purple Last Activity: Yesterday 04:37 PM (Yesterday 12:37 AM Mountain Time)

xreadxxreadxxreadxxreadx

SunCoastBlueHen
December 6th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Go, Griz!

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Native Last Activity: Today 01:58 AM (Yesterday 9:58 PM Mountain Time)

I Bleed Purple Last Activity: Yesterday 04:37 PM (Yesterday 12:37 AM Mountain Time)

xreadxxreadxxreadxxreadx

We need to give those guys a looot of slack - 1st time in many years, plus Griz have a very tough game next week, let's not dig ourselves a hole.

BTW, I was very impressed with WSU and their fans today. hopefully a new rival in the BSC.

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
We need to give those guys a looot of slack - 1st time in many years, plus Griz have a very tough game next week, let's not dig ourselves a hole.

BTW, I was very impressed with WSU and their fans today. hopefully a new rival in the BSC.

I was too. Too bad our student section (which I am a part of) is horribly aggressive to them. We singled out an old man and mormons today. Very sad

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I was too. Too bad our student section (which I am a part of) is horribly aggressive to them. We singled out an old man and mormons today. Very sad
never apologize for students, you only get 1 chance to be stupid.

DaGriz
December 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM

I don't know if I would say Reynolds is the best "by far". Smith (I think that's the running back for Weber) today was pretty unreal too. He looks like he's skating on ice. He's the only running back I have maybe ever seen run like that at the college level. He is unbelievealby shifty. Chase runs excellent for our system. Our line is huge and pushes forward. Chase has a different style, also excellent and very effective, especially for a sophomore. But give their RB his dues, he gets in the open field forget it. He's gone.

GolfingGriz
December 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I think the play that won it today was Coles scramble on thrid down with about five minutes left at the 35. Not only did he step up and get the first down but he also finished his run. He didn't shy away from contact. He lept into the air to get a few more yards. That kinda effort from your QB demands that the rest of the team steps up and finishes.

gbhmt
December 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I think the play that won it today was Coles scramble on thrid down with about five minutes left at the 35. Not only did he step up and get the first down but he also finished his run. He didn't shy away from contact. He lept into the air to get a few more yards. That kinda effort from your QB demands that the rest of the team steps up and finishes.

Yeah I can't remember the last time I've seen him slide, he always pushes for the extra yards at the end of the run.

GrizRchattybound
December 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Don't you guys get any ideas about recruiting our 8-Man football talent up here in Big Sky Country, got that?

;)

He is something special - and only played 2/3 of a season.

wow...I'm still really happy.

mtgrizfankb
December 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Native Last Activity: Today 01:58 AM (Yesterday 9:58 PM Mountain Time)

xreadxxreadxxreadxxreadx

right now they are working with Smith on writing their NOVEL on how they should not have to had to play in wa griz.....They were co champs so it should have been on a nutral site....they are also writing on how montana is not that good of a team and they just didnt play. Cause montana didnt shut down the pass at ALL.

and smith has his own section called "THE FUMBLE" how it was not my fault... and how he didnt decide there big sky dreams.

LOL. but really guys they have made way to many excusses. no matter how you look at it....2 football TEAMS....step onto one field and play one game of FOOTBALL. the better team won!

<END>xrulesx