PDA

View Full Version : Go Griz!!

asucrutch23
December 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Now that the Mountaineers are out, it's time to pledge allegiance to another team for the remainder of the playoffs. For me, that team is none other than the Montana Grizzlies. It has nothing to do with any grudges against JMU or the CAA. It has everything to do with the fact that I have found Montana's fans for the most part to be respectful of other schools and their athletic programs (you Bobcat fans may disagree). I also have the utmost respect for UM's undying love for their football program. I'd expect to see quite a contingent in Harrisonburg next weekend. Beating the Dukes will be a tough task (trust me I was there), but the Griz can do it.

App had a great run and will go down in the history books as one of the greatest FCS teams ever. I was lucky enough to be a freshman in 2005. It's been an awesome time (such a great time, I think I'll stick around for another fall semester :) ), but it had to end some time. Congrats to the Mountaineers on their great 4 years. xbowx xbowx xbowx

As far as Montana goes, if you make it to Chattanooga, I'll be there in a Griz shirt (I have a friend that goes there) and an App hat. Good luck to all the teams remaining in the playoffs, but I'll be cheering for the Griz! xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks crutch. No one thought this very young Montana team would get this far so JMU is a TALL order but we'll do our best. Congrats on another incredible season in Boone.

GO GRIZ!

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Woot! Woot!

Let's keep this gravy train rollin'!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Now that the Mountaineers are out, it's time to pledge allegiance to another team for the remainder of the playoffs. For me, that team is none other than the Montana Grizzlies. It has nothing to do with any grudges against JMU or the CAA. It has everything to do with the fact that I have found Montana's fans for the most part to be respectful of other schools and their athletic programs (you Bobcat fans may disagree). I also have the utmost respect for UM's undying love for their football program. I'd expect to see quite a contingent in Harrisonburg next weekend. Beating the Dukes will be a tough task (trust me I was there), but the Griz can do it.

App had a great run and will go down in the history books as one of the greatest FCS teams ever. I was lucky enough to be a freshman in 2005. It's been an awesome time (such a great time, I think I'll stick around for another fall semester :) ), but it had to end some time. Congrats to the Mountaineers on their great 4 years. xbowx xbowx xbowx

As far as Montana goes, if you make it to Chattanooga, I'll be there in a Griz shirt (I have a friend that goes there) and an App hat. Good luck to all the teams remaining in the playoffs, but I'll be cheering for the Griz! xthumbsupx

App State was the best in the last 4 years with 3 National Championships.

BUT, they are not the best Team ever in the FCS.

asucrutch23
December 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
App State was the best in the last 4 years with 3 National Championships.

BUT, they are not the best Team ever in the FCS.

Reading comprehension much? ONE OF THE BEST. Trust me, I know the history of FCS.

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Reading comprehension much? ONE OF THE BEST. Trust me, I know the history of FCS.

Why should I trust you?

B&G is the only App fan beside Great App State that I trust.xthumbsupx xnodx

asucrutch23
December 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Why should I trust you?

B&G is the only App fan beside Great App State that I trust.xthumbsupx xnodx

Well you can make that 3 App fans. xthumbsupx

StrikeJMU
December 6th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Montana eh? I remember watching a game against them in 2004; we ended up dancing in the endzones...repeat?

DuckDuckGriz
December 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Montana eh? I remember watching a game against them in 2004; we ended up dancing in the endzones...repeat?

Hopefully not. But hope we play the same swiss cheese secondary (jk). If I am not mistaken this is the first time Montana has played in the state of Virginia.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I'm behind the Griz now that Weber's out. One last BSC team in it... get them Dukes this time! xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
December 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM

As a proud mountaineer and fellow student, I too would like to say, "GO GRIZ!!!" Go beat JMU next week!

mlbowl
December 6th, 2008, 07:08 PM

You don't have chicken wire on your field....do you?

mlbowl
December 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
oh yeah....and GO Griz!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I know I'm reaching, but the Griz winning today had me thinking. What if Eastern didn't beat Weber in the final week of the season? Weber likely would have gotten the seed over Montana, and this game would have been played in Ogden. The noise intensity definitely affected Weber. Wonder what would have happened if the game had been played outside of WA-Griz?

Either way, Griz fans should be kissing EWU's azz! :p

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
GO GET EM GRIZ!

Drblankstare
December 6th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Congrats to the Griz. I will happily eat some crow, I didnt think there was any way they would make it this deep.

mlbowl
December 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I certainly appreciated itxnodx

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I know I'm reaching, but the Griz winning today had me thinking. What if Eastern didn't beat Weber in the final week of the season? Weber likely would have gotten the seed over Montana, and this game would have been played in Ogden. The noise intensity definitely affected Weber. Wonder what would have happened if the game had been played outside of WA-Griz?

Griz fans will be eternally grateful, eternity lasting until next October:D
Seriously, EWU fans, next year any EWU fans I see at the game in Missoula the beer is on me.

Weber is a very good team. If this game is in Ogden I don't know how it turns out - As EWU fans can attest, it still likely would have been close to or more than 50% Griz fans, so almost a neutral field, but Weber has major talent that is very hard to stop.

I hope Glanville can get things turned round in Portland Like McBride did in Ogden. If he does, combined with the improvements in the program at SAC and UNC having a breakthrough year next year (I am on record predicting the Bears get 5 - 6 wins in '09), plus a very good coach at ISU who needs a couple years to turn things around, and the BSC could be the best in the country and could easily have 3 - 4 teams in the tournament in a couple years.

Mntneer
December 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I can get behind the Griz. Personally, I'm pulling for them and Richmond going forward.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Seriously, EWU fans, next year any EWU fans I see at the game in Missoula the beer is on me.

Weber is a very good team. If this game is in Ogden I don't know how it turns out - As EWU fans can attest, it still likely would have been close to or more than 50% Griz fans, so almost a neutral field, but Weber has major talent that is very hard to stop.

I hope Glanville can get things turned round in Portland Like McBride did in Ogden. If he does, combined with the improvements in the program at SAC and UNC having a breakthrough year next year (I am on record predicting the Bears get 5 - 6 wins in '09), plus a very good coach at ISU who needs a couple years to turn things around, and the BSC could be the best in the country and could easily have 3 - 4 teams in the tournament in a couple years.

Well pending I have leave then (I'm going into the AF after I graduate), I'll be there in Missoula to watch Nichols try to beat the Griz in his final year. I'll take a pitcher of Moose Drool or Dirty Bong Water! xthumbsupx

As for 3-4 BSC teams making the playoffs in a couple years... I really, really REALLY doubt it.

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Well you can make that 3 App fans. xthumbsupx

Okay, I will add you to my list of trusted App fans.:D xthumbsupx xnodx xnodx

Proud Griz Man
December 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm behind the Griz now that Weber's out. One last BSC team in it... get them Dukes this time! xthumbsupx

Thanks screamer, we'll need to play a flawless game at JMU.

Hellgate60
December 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I like all the new Griz avatars! Go Griz

Appalachian
December 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Go Griz! Having made the trip to Missoula in 2000, I saw first hand your passion for your team and really enjoyed Washington Griz. Stadium, just didn't like the outcome of the game. I have tickets for Chattanooga and will attend if Montana makes it. I was really hoping for an ASU-Montana final, it would have been an awesome amosphere.

grizbeer
December 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Well pending I have leave then (I'm going into the AF after I graduate), I'll be there in Missoula to watch Nichols try to beat the Griz in his final year. I'll take a pitcher of Moose Drool or Dirty Bong Water! xthumbsupx

As for 3-4 BSC teams making the playoffs in a couple years... I really, really REALLY doubt it.I will have a growler of both ready, let me know when you come!

gbhmt
December 6th, 2008, 09:58 PM

I think I can speak on behalf of all Griz fans in saying yes, we're all quite thankful!

Ronbo
December 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM

If this game had been played at Weber there would have been 12,000 Griz fans that would have made the trip. It would still have been loud.xthumbsupx xlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
December 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I like all the new Griz avatars! Go Griz

How about this one?

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
How about this one?Woot woot! xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
JMU brings with them talent and speed that Montana is not too familiar with. I hope this week is a good one in terms of film and practice for our griz...and i'll be talking to the players and getting their opinions for sure. I have butterflies already.

Thanks for all your guys' support. It means a lot.

GO GRIZ

Grizalltheway
December 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Woot woot! xthumbsupx

I concur! Avatar of the month! xbowx xbowx

GolfingGriz
December 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
JMU brings with them talent and speed that Montana is not too familiar with. I hope this week is a good one in terms of film and practice for our griz...and i'll be talking to the players and getting their opinions for sure. I have butterflies already.

Thanks for all your guys' support. It means a lot.

GO GRIZ

From 2004 JMU had more muscle, and we had the speed. Thats not the point though. Thanks for all the support!

Mountain Panther
December 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I concur. Go Griz.

Dukes_Bando
December 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
But hope we play the same swiss cheese secondary (jk).
Yep same secondary, just different players... That's our Mick's way of defending the pass:(

oh god no, I was on the field in chatty with the band in 2004... that was a mess. we have pretty new field turf that replaced our old astro-turf with "the crown" after the 2005 season.

slostang
December 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I am pulling for a Montana/UNI final. Gotta pull for the teams from the west.

Mountain Panther
December 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I am pulling for a Montana/UNI final. Gotta pull for the teams from the west.

Love it! Me too.

Themes for this weekend:

Montana: Wagons EAST!

Richmond: Go west, young men.

StrikeJMU
December 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM

i feel for you about the chicken wire in 2004, that had to suck for everyone. must say that I had a great time partying with Montana fans after the game at the hotel...no matter what happens in Chatty, there is always an after-party.

mlbowl
December 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
i feel for you about the chicken wire in 2004, that had to suck for everyone. must say that I had a great time partying with Montana fans after the game at the hotel...no matter what happens in Chatty, there is always an after-party.

True...BOTH teams had to play on it....that was just crappy for a National Championship game.xnodx

StrikeJMU
December 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I wanna know who thought it was a good idea.xrolleyesx