PDA

View Full Version : Go Northern Iowa

wkuhillhound
December 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Switching avatars temporarily to show support for the Panthers. Maybe the Panthers can finally become the next Missouri Valley Football Conference national champions. It's been 6 years lets go MVFC.

Mountain Panther
December 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks, we shall do our best against a tough UNH team today!

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Agreed we have a great opportunity today.

crunifan
December 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
We have the stage set for a run in the Dome! Time to make it happen!

catamount man
December 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I would love to see UNI vs JMU for it all!!!!!!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WIU02
December 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'll be pulling for UNI as well. Out of curiousity, to the WKU fan...how do you feel about the transition to 1-A ball? Personally, it seems bland to almost hopeless to me. Either getting dominated by a quality opponent or playing another equally feckless team. the offseason and week to week anticipation of the season can't be all that enjoyable anymore. The excitement and hope of making a playoff run has always been more appealing to me.

It's nice not having to worry about WKU anymore...always a tough game game, but darn they have dropped off the map.

Not to sound like a negative Nancy, but I think the move was a bad one for both the university and fans.

wkuhillhound
December 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'll be pulling for UNI as well. Out of curiousity, to the WKU fan...how do you feel about the transition to 1-A ball? Personally, it seems bland to almost hopeless to me. Either getting dominated by a quality opponent or playing another equally feckless team. the offseason and week to week anticipation of the season can't be all that enjoyable anymore. The excitement and hope of making a playoff run has always been more appealing to me.

It's nice not having to worry about WKU anymore...always a tough game game, but darn they have dropped off the map.

Not to sound like a negative Nancy, but I think the move was a bad one for both the university and fans.

It was very disappointing season this year but considering the schedule was MUCH tougher than in last year the Toppers are (9 - 14) since going FBS. We played Virginia Tech and Ball State really tough this year. We also had narrow losses to North Texas, MTSU, Florida Atlantic, and Troy so WKU is in good shape for the Sun Belt in 2009. If any of those close games were wins we would have a similar season than last year. Sometimes that's the way the ball bounces.

I do miss the playoffs, but I think that WKU would have moved to FBS regardless because of the conference affiliation with the Sun Belt. It was just a matter of when.

When basketball season comes into full swing we will be right back on the map like always. The Cinderella of KY resides in Bowling Green. The football program will be successful in the Sun Belt. Every game is competitive and any of the programs can win the conference in any given year. Don't be surprised if WKU does much better next season as the Toppers have something to play for. xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
It was very disappointing season this year but considering the schedule was MUCH tougher than in last year the Toppers are (9 - 14) since going FBS. We played Virginia Tech and Ball State really tough this year. We also had narrow losses to North Texas, MTSU, Florida Atlantic, and Troy so WKU is in good shape for the Sun Belt in 2009. If any of those close games were wins we would have a similar season than last year. Sometimes that's the way the ball bounces.

I do miss the playoffs, but I think that WKU would have moved to FBS regardless because of the conference affiliation with the Sun Belt. It was just a matter of when.

When basketball season comes into full swing we will be right back on the map like always. The Cinderella of KY resides in Bowling Green. The football program will be successful in the Sun Belt. Every game is competitive and any of the programs can win the conference in any given year. Don't be surprised if WKU does much better next season as the Toppers have something to play for. xthumbsupx
I just wanted to congratulate you on that win over Louisville. You guys are looking good now that you have everyone healthy.

WIU02
December 6th, 2008, 02:55 PM

OK, I get what you're saying, but still...I'm just saying you didn't beat a single Sun Belt team this season, and North Texas' only win of their season was against you guys. Where does the winner of the Sun Belt go to...The New Orleans Bowl to play a C-USA team? That's what the conference strives for? I don't know, hopefully one day there will be a 1-A playoff including all conference winners to make the season worth something. Your only wins of the season were against FCS teams. You could very well be in a playoff game as we speak, with something to be excited about. Oh well.

As far as hoops are concerned, absolutely. Very well respected team.

wkuhillhound
December 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to congratulate you on that win over Louisville. You guys are looking good now that you have everyone healthy.

Thanks.

As a whole, the Missouri Valley is a much stronger conference than the Sun Belt in basketball. It still bothers me that we don't get to play more Missouri Valley teams. We have one coming up Next Saturday against Evansville, but we have played the Aces before. It would be interesting to play either Northern Iowa, Wichita State, or Drake in a regular season game. Since I don't believe we have ever played them.

GrizDen
December 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I'll be rooting for UNI as well. I don't think I could handle all the posts from CAA fans if they get 3 of the 4 teams in the semis. If UNI can win, there will at least be a bit more parody.

wkuhillhound
December 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
OK, I get what you're saying, but still...I'm just saying you didn't beat a single Sun Belt team this season, and North Texas' only win of their season was against you guys. Where does the winner of the Sun Belt go to...The New Orleans Bowl to play a C-USA team? That's what the conference strives for? I don't know, hopefully one day there will be a 1-A playoff including all conference winners to make the season worth something. Your only wins of the season were against FCS teams. You could very well be in a playoff game as we speak, with something to be excited about. Oh well.

As far as hoops are concerned, absolutely. Very well respected team.

It seems senseless that Ball State loses the MAC championship and is reduced to play in the Motor City or some insignificant bowl now. I know exactly what you are saying. Maybe one day they will finally change the BCS system and not discriminate against the non-BCS teams. Until then WKU must play the cards that they are dealt.

art vandelay
December 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
is this game on ESPN game plan. i need to know if I should find a bar or just listen to it.

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
is this game on ESPN game plan. i need to know if I should find a bar or just listen to it.

Yes on ESPN gameplan

semobison
December 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Go UNI! This Bison backer is pulling for you!

ur2k
December 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Go UNH - I want a home game.

TCisMYhero
December 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Jitters. Hope the players aren't as nervous as I am. See you all there.xhypedx

BearsCountry
December 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats UNI!

PS I wish WKU was in the MVC for all-sports but I know why you guys made the move.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Switching avatars temporarily to show support for the Panthers. Maybe the Panthers can finally become the next Missouri Valley Football Conference national champions. It's been 6 years lets go MVFC.

I hate WKU, but thanks for the support. xthumbsupx xlolx

Houndawg
December 7th, 2008, 06:08 AM

Good luck to UNI; my smack will be merciless if your only loss this year is to SIU. Hard to believe UNH's offense put up 27 points on you. It was kind of poetic how special teams saved the game for them last week and cost them the game this week. Sic transit gloria.

Do you know which conference supplied the refs?

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I am pulling for UNI. You guys have a good team, great fans, and almost won it all in 2005. Much respect, Go Panthers!

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Good luck to UNI; my smack will be merciless if your only loss this year is to SIU. Hard to believe UNH's offense put up 27 points on you. It was kind of poetic how special teams saved the game for them last week and cost them the game this week. Sic transit gloria.

Do you know which conference supplied the refs?

OC last night told me Big 12/Southland.

wkuhillhound
December 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Even more than EKU? If so, that is unprecedented. xpeacex

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Even more than EKU? If so, that is unprecedented. xpeacex

What's to hate about EKU? :D

UNHWildCats
December 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
go spideys :D