PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS RICHMOND!

Rob Iola
December 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
WTG!

bandl
December 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
WTG!

Dude...wait on it....wait on it....don't jinx them...xreadx

bobbythekidd
December 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM
xflaggedx

Posting early

mcveyrl
Dude...wait on it....wait on it....don't jinx them...xreadx

No kidding. Two TDs is nothing for App.

jonmac
No kidding. Two TDs is nothing for App.

Hmmm...not today, it seems.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hmmm...not today, it seems.

True. But you never know when it's going to get turned on...

South Carolina Duke
December 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
WHat is Coulson thinking bout now? Keeo it going TIcks...

Rob Iola
December 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'm all about thinking outside the box and busting thru jinxes...

I'm guessing plenty of NC tix are about to go on eBay...

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
ONE MILLION THANKS FROM STATESBORO GEORGIA.

Now, MONTANA, time to win it all!!!!

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
WAY TO GO SPIDERS!!!

CSUBUCDAD
December 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Is Richmond that good or did they just catch Appy on a bad day? I listened to the game and the Spiders were COMPLETELY DOMINATING Appy on both sides of the ball.

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing plenty of NC tix are about to go on eBay...

The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce just pooped their pants.

bobbythekidd
December 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Is Richmond that good or did they just catch Appy on a bad day? I listened to the game and the Spiders were COMPLETELY DOMINATING Appy on both sides of the ball.
A little of both. 5 or 6 turnovers didn't help Appy and UR Line was moving bodies at will

soccerguy315
December 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM

it wasn't ASU's best game, but Richmond was all over the place, and Richmond is a great team that came to play.

congrats Richmond!

TribeNomad
December 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Great job Spiders----defense tackled well, showed good speed, DB's looked great. The difference was Sidbury & Logan. Glad to see App. State out of it.........

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Good Job Richmond, hopefully we can reward you with a trip to the UNI Dome.

DTSpider
December 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats to the Spiders on a great performance. O-line played well, Vaughan is a beast and the d-line was just amazing. Weldon played the game of his life.

WildcatFan
December 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
No thanks, they would rather play in lovely Durhamxlolx xlolx

DTSpider
December 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
No thanks, they would rather play in lovely Durhamxlolx xlolx

Durham nothing...it'll be in Richmond due to $$$$ Richmond put up $65k fora first round game and will certainly have opened up the purse fora semi-final bid.

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
A little of both. 5 or 6 turnovers didn't help Appy and UR Line was moving bodies at will
7 turnovers

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Congrats Spiders xthumbsupx

dennisdent
December 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Way to go Spiders (my local CAA team).xthumbsupx I love how your team plays football! You did it to ASU like you did it to UMass--tough, hard-nosed football.

Black and Gold Express
Congratulations to Richmond for ending our championship streak.

I don't know what to think right now. I can take losing. I can take losing to a good team. What is gut-wrenching is turning the ball over five times and still having a legitimate shot to win it, before making an assinine play for TO #6. The game was over right there.

Seven turnovers? I didn't recognize that team out there today. Western doesn't play that badly even.

How much of this was Richmond, how much of it was Armanti clearly being more injured than anyone knew, how much of it was just a bad day for ASU? Clearly it's a combination of all of that, but I can't digest it all right now. So if it sounds like sour grapes it is not meant to be. I'm just shocked at what I witnessed.

Regardless, congratulations and good luck moving forward. I hope we just lost to the eventual 2008 National Champions.

ChickenMan
7 turnovers

and many of them created by the UR defense... xnodx

charliej
WTG Spiders! xbowx xbowx xbowx

(Why couldn't D1B have picked JMU to win it all);)

HiHiYikas
Well, obviously. xnodx xnodx

bandl
December 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM

No, no....the defense had nothing to do with it. ASU (and AE in particular) beat themselves, Richmond didn't win it. xcoolx

ChickenMan
December 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce just pooped their pants.

they surely will if they get a Nova/Richmond final...

93henfan
December 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM

Oh dear God! 5,000 max, not counting any curious locals.

dennisdent
December 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM

That match-up, with this economy, Chatty will be giving a way hotel rooms and tickets.

The word "Montana" (if they win today), might be heard tomorrow morning at Chatty area places of worship.

WildcatFan
December 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Durham nothing...it'll be in Richmond due to $$$$ Richmond put up $65k fora first round game and will certainly have opened up the purse fora semi-final bid.

It was a jokexthumbsupx

Bettina90
December 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM

Exactly, run game was non-existent and Armanti faced pressure all day long.

ASU88
December 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Well done. Great defensive showing. Good luck in the semis.

The king is dead! Long live the king!

appirishmen
December 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
good game Richmond. it was nice to talk to some of your fans again. best of luck in the semis. ill be pulling for you!!

appmountaineer
December 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!!! Best Defense in the FCS! Good luck the rest of the way.

T-Dog
December 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well....it's over. Knew it would end eventually, but was hoping for it to go as long as possible.

The last four years have been a blessing. As a senior, that was my last football game as a student.

Oh well. It was fun.

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Nice sig T-Dog!

Had no idea you guys dominated Marshall like that!!!

T-Dog
December 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Nice sig T-Dog!

Had no idea you guys dominated Marshall like that!!!

Thanks, but you just reminded me I had to update it. xsmhx

MacThor
December 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Other records of note: 0-2 vs CAA in '08. :)

mtnman
December 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
richmond was the best team today congrats on the win

proasu89
December 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Great game Spiders.xsmileyclapx The second half seemed like a lifetime:(

I don't think I've ever witnessed a 7 turnover margin at any level of football. Good luck to all who are left.

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
UMASS Fans have seen that many turnovers.

maristdb89
December 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
huge win, congrats xthumbsupx

ur2k
December 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Wow! Great game by our D today, they played like men possesed.

Congrats to App on a great year and a great run - that probably will continue next year.

MountaineerGuy
December 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM

Depends on what you define as created by the defense. Richmond played great and they did what no one has been able to do this year, and what only one team was able to do last year. But a severe majority of those turnovers were ASU's fault.

Congrats to Richmond again. They deserved the win today.

On another note, great showing by their fans. I think that's the loudest I've ever heard the right-most portion of the east side (except when teams bring no fans and we just fill it with ours).

mistersykes
December 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Congrats to Richmond. That was a resounding win. I knew the streak would end at some point, just hoped it wasn't today. We were outplayed, plain and simple. Kudos to the fans who came down, you were loud and proud. I congratulated any that I saw and hope that others treated them well also. That was a fun game despite the outcome. There's nothing like football in the snow. I'd also like to say that I was pleased with how many Mountaineer faithful remained after the outcome was decided just to express their gratitude to the Apps and their unbelievable run.xthumbsupx

MountaineerGuy
December 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
There's nothing like football in the snow.

This man speaks truth!

DX Man
December 6th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Congratulations Richmond! You have a great team. Good luck the rest of the way.xpeacex

psc2445
December 6th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Richmond controlled the line of scrimmage today, no doubt. We haven't been able to get any pressure on the defensive side of the ball in some weeks, but today it was even more evident. Richmond has a strong team, and turnovers (forced or not) were a big factor, but I still think the better team one.

blackNgold93
December 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Kriptonite!

Richmond brought it and the lumber too. We flat out go beat by a better team today. Great defense and play calling on O. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way.

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
good job richmond, and congrats richmond fans. i know the nation is just eatin this up right now, which is understandable/acceptable. we did our best to give you the game in every way possible, but your team played a seemingly perfect game. couldnt do much about it. i have never...ever seen the mountaineers look that bad...just a weird day. but we didnt deserve to win and yall definately did today. best of luck the rest of the way, whoever has to play yall are going to have a heck of a time.

just remember folks.....GA southern didnt win their 6 NC's in a row........WE'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xrulesx xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xconfusedx xsmhx xbowx xthumbsupx

once again, congrats UR football, its fans, and all App haters out there, enjoy it while it lasts, we'll see you next fall!

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Richmond did the unthinkable today. Who would've thunk that? That easy lower bracket proved to be not as easy for appy :p :p ;)

Great work guys!

petethepenguin15
December 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
WOW. I JUST FOUND OUT GO RICHMOND. THEY SHUT DOWN APP'S RUN.
THEY FORCED THEM TO PASS AND ARMANTI THREW 5 PICKS! congrats
richmond they just beat the team that won the last 3 championships. I
hope Richmond goes all the way. !!!GO SPIDERS!!

yosef1969
December 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Congrats to UR, definitely the better team today.

APPride
December 6th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Great game UR...definately some awesome D you played today...xthumbsupx now bring it home, I don't like losing to just "anybody"!xrolleyesx

redspider
December 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I must say first that revenge is sweet we contained Armanti all day. Secondly this is the biggest victory in our program history and I have never been prouder to be a Spider football fan! Way to go UR!

phillyAPP
December 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I must say first that revenge is sweet we contained Armanti all day. Secondly this is the biggest victory in our program history and I have never been prouder to be a Spider football fan! Way to go UR!

Congrats to RICHMOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and their fans and players represented themselves with CLASS.

We had our chances and Richmond played a GREAT GAME.

GO WIN A CHampionship SPIDERS !!!!!!!!

apppackdad
December 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Great gameplan + excellent execution + taking advantage of opportunities = BETTER TEAM.xnodx

Congratulations Richmond and good luck the rest of the way.xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
December 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Great game and big congratulations to the Spiders!xbowx

Cobblestone
December 6th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Congrats to my CAA brethren.

HaveFunKc
December 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Spiders deserve the credit today. Great win for Richmond and their program. Keep it up and bring home the trophy Spiders!!

And I AM a Mountaineer!

GoBlueHens83
December 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Congrats Richmond! Good luck the rest of the way.

utcfan
December 6th, 2008, 09:07 PM
UTC will have to wait at least another week to interview Huesman.

blackcaesar3k5
December 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
kudos to Coach London..

MaroonDoom
December 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Give em hell Spiders. Hopefully EKU can say they at least got beat by the N C's.

madisonfan87
December 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Way to go Richmond!!!! You guys are my heroes next to the Dukes today. Thank you for sparing us another App State Chatty appearance.

South Carolina Duke
December 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats UR!! Keep the CAA going.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the sentiments from everyone ... particularly the App fans. We appreciate your hospitality. Everyone was gracious.

Our crew really appreciated all the well wishes on the way back to car. We heard a whole bunch of folks say "Beat JMU".

UNI first!

JMU2004
December 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
CONGRATS UR!!!!

Sorry ASU, we just do not like you!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx :) xnodx

And AlexAle, should you even think of commenting here....DON'T!!!!!!!!!

ViennaSpider
December 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM

I'm sure the Spiders are looking forward to playing on the concrete.

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Congratulations Spiders on a deserving wins. Haven't seen an App beat down in FCS like that in a long time. Brought back painful memories. Good luck the rest of the way. You gave us a good shot last year and finished the job this year. Great defense and Vaughn looks like a straight up beast. xsmileyclapx

phillyAPP
December 7th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Congratulations Spiders on a deserving wins. Haven't seen an App beat down in FCS like that in a long time. Brought back painful memories. Good luck the rest of the way. You gave us a good shot last year and finished the job this year. Great defense and Vaughn looks like a straight up beast. xsmileyclapx

Vaughn LOOKS LIKE a SUNDAY PLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Vaughn LOOKS LIKE a SUNDAY PLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he is, that's two RBs in a row for UR. xeekx

ChickenMan
December 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Great game Spiders.xsmileyclapx The second half seemed like a lifetime:(

I don't think I've ever witnessed a 7 turnover margin at any level of football. Good luck to all who are left.

UNH had 6 turnovers.. plus one of their punts blocked last night... xeekx

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2008, 07:47 AM
UNH had 6 turnovers.. plus one of their punts blocked last night... xeekx

Tulsa had 7 against ECU yesterday, and the Pirates.

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Congrats, Spidahs!xthumbsupx Even though you screwed up my playoff bracket!:D

Umass74
December 7th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Congrats to the Spiders! It was time for a new FCS Champion.xthumbsupx

A dominating performance by the Richmond defense.

HiHiYikas
December 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
bump...

Savvy final drive to knock off UNI. Enjoy your first trip to the title game, Spiders.

redspider
December 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
We will enjoy our trip to the finals it is our first time to go to a D1 championship in anything! We need to win now we are the team of destiny!

phillyAPP
December 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM
We will enjoy our trip to the finals it is our first time to go to a D1 championship in anything! We need to win now we are the team of destiny!

I am jealous RICMOND but you boys have done it the right way. MAKING the plays that win games.

GO SPIDERS ....... and enjoy Chattanooga !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChickenMan
December 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
UR certainly didn't play their 'A' game.. but they jacked it up when they had to and came away with a huge win. UR will need to play better.. on both sides of the ball.. next week to beat Montana.

Houndawg
December 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM
UR certainly didn't play their 'A' game.. but they jacked it up when they had to and came away with a huge win. UR will need to play better.. on both sides of the ball.. next week to beat Montana.

Yeah, they kept UNI in the game. They should have won by 30.

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
A true feat in this game. I was shocked. Great job to the Spiders.

ChickenMan
December 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM

maybe only 29... xrolleyesx

ngineer
December 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, looked to me the Richmond had more weapons. UNI played very tough and the 4th and one stand was awesome. Surprised, though on the overly conservative calls on the succeeding possession. Didn't seem worried about not getting a first down, which would have sealed the deal. Secondly, why not try a mid-range pass for a FG attempt on the last play rather than a razzle with no dazzle at the end? Curious.xconfusedx
I would Pick Montana based upon what I saw, but I don't think Richmond played their A game. Should be a great match up in Chattanooga.
Good Luck to both teams, and congratulations to the Panthers and Dukes on excellent seasons!

ValleyChamp
December 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM

UNI outplayed UR the whole game. Just a couple stupid drops away from being a UNI domination. UR needed a trick play to win this game by 1.

The Panthers dropped a deep ball, dropped their trick play, and missed two makable FGs. UNI had no business losing this game, and it baffles my mind that they did.

ChickenMan
December 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM
UNI outplayed UR the whole game. Just a couple stupid drops away from being a UNI domination. UR needed a trick play to win this game by 1.

The Panthers dropped a deep ball, dropped their trick play, and missed two makable FGs. UNI had no business losing this game, and it baffles my mind that they did.

very classy... :p

JMU DJ
December 13th, 2008, 07:43 PM

xviolinx

Congrats Richmond, That's was a great final drive. Maybe if JMU threw the ball more often like you guys, we could have put a drive together like that. Good Luck in Chatty

ur2k
December 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM

xbawlingx

Or if we hold on to the one TO, this game doesn't come down to the last drive.

State Line Liquors
December 13th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Completely disagree that the Spiders were outplayed the whole game comment. Spiders were outplayed in the 3rd quarter.

mainejeff
December 13th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Good luck Richmond in Chatty!

blackcaesar3k5
December 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM
kudos to Coach London