View Full Version : UNH has arrived!

UNHFan
December 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Pretty cool NH Paper sent a reporter with the team

By Mike Zhe
[email protected]
December 05, 2008 7:28 PM
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — The heat is on.

The weather outside may be frightful, but the opportunity inside the UNI-Dome is delightful. Only one well-played game Saturday separates the University of New Hampshire from its first appearance in the Division I-AA semifinals, and players don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be the year.

Not that it will be easy. The 10th-ranked Wildcats (10-2) are trying to knock off third-seeded Northern Iowa (7 p.m., Comcast SportsNet New England), owners of one of I-AA’s best defenses as well as one of its best home-field advantages.

All kinds of possibilities. All kinds of heat.

panther84
December 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Nice article. I've been in the dome a zillion times...and I still get shell-shocked :)

Good luck - may the best team win tomorrow.

jmufan999
December 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
come ON, UNH!

if the CAA gets 3 out of the final 4, the debate about "who is the best conference" is OVER, PERIOD.

now, i don't think that's going to happen. actually, i only think one will win. and i wouldn't be too shocked if none won this week.

but MAN, it would be sweet to see JMU, UR, and UNH all win this week.

jmufan999
December 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
just realized that at LEAST one will win... Nova or JMU. wanted to point that out before one of you smart a**es did. :)

Grizaholic17
December 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
just realized that at LEAST one will win... Nova or JMU. wanted to point that out before one of you smart a**es did. :)

i was going to say...jmu fan??? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Hung out with UNH coaches, family and fans tonight. Great time. Think we're all going to get together tomorrow to cheer on Richmond.

T-Dog
December 6th, 2008, 01:47 AM

Your a smart a**. :D

Thunderstruck84
December 6th, 2008, 03:04 AM
come ON, UNH!

if the CAA gets 3 out of the final 4, the debate about "who is the best conference" is OVER, PERIOD.

now, i don't think that's going to happen. actually, i only think one will win. and i wouldn't be too shocked if none won this week.

I would be considering JMU and Villanova play each other.

Pantherpower
December 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Hung out with UNH coaches, family and fans tonight. Great time. Think we're all going to get together tomorrow to cheer on Richmond.

You turncoat.xsmiley_wix

nmatsen
December 6th, 2008, 07:02 AM
There will be quite a few at Becks on the hill watching App and Richmond.

Does UNH not normally travel with Radio / TV / News Media? I thought that was standard.

Regardless of todays game, there is still no question that the CAA is the best conference. Say what you will, no other conference, top to bottom, comes close.

Tod
December 6th, 2008, 07:07 AM
come ON, UNH!

Best Conference top-to-bottom is not in question. It's the CAA. Just remember there are other teams out there that can (may not, but can) beat you.

It's a team game, not a conference game.

4th and What?
December 6th, 2008, 07:28 AM
come ON, UNH!

I think the arguement for all-around conference for this season is basically over anyway. But don't fret, we get to start all over next season!!!

Now just don't let UNI win the NC by beating a CAA team in every round.....

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM

Does UNH not normally travel with Radio / TV / News Media? I thought that was standard.

Regardless of todays game, there is still no question that the CAA is the best conference. Say what you will, no other conference, top to bottom, comes close.

Sounds like a lot of them plan to head up to Beck's. I will be there as well. Go Spiders!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Now just don't let UNI win the NC by beating a CAA team in every round.....

awww.....why not? :D

achrist70
December 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a lot of them plan to head up to Beck's. I will be there as well. Go Spiders!

Ive heard that Becks on the Hill isn't going to get the game only the one on University.

HI54UNI
December 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Pretty cool NH Paper sent a reporter with the team

By Mike Zhe
[email protected]
December 05, 2008 7:28 PM
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — The heat is on.

The weather outside may be frightful, but the opportunity inside the UNI-Dome is delightful. Only one well-played game Saturday separates the University of New Hampshire from its first appearance in the Division I-AA semifinals, and players don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be the year.

Not that it will be easy. The 10th-ranked Wildcats (10-2) are trying to knock off third-seeded Northern Iowa (7 p.m., Comcast SportsNet New England), owners of one of I-AA’s best defenses as well as one of its best home-field advantages.

All kinds of possibilities. All kinds of heat.

Here's a link to the entire article.

http://seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081206/SPORTS/812060327

Mountain Panther
December 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM

Traitor. xnonono2x

xmadx

;)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM

UNH always has their Radio guys with the team. There is no TV coverage of the Wildcats other than the one NH TV station televising the Granite Bowl (UNH-Dartmouth) for the state bragging rights. As far as the News media goes, there are usually two reporters covering the team, sometimes more. The distance from NH usually has a lot to do with the coverage as these are mostly small newspapers with severe budget issues. There have been many road games with only one paper covering the game, but as UNH has improved it has usually been two.