PDA

View Full Version : Best team out

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM
OK, we all seem to know that there will be some teams that will be complaining about not getting a bid. Who will be the best team to not get in?

HensRock
November 16th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Youngstown State

buckp
November 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Time to dust off 'The Woffy'....:eek:

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Man, you guys replied before I even got the poll up. I didn't realize it would post the thread before the poll is done. :confused:

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Man, you guys replied before I even got the poll up. I didn't realize it would post the thread before the poll is done. :confused:

where's YSU on your poll???

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:13 AM
'Other' You can only do 10 teams and perhaps I added too much opinion, because I don't see any way in hades that they don't get in. The C will want to get one of the biggest I-AA programs in history back in the mix. Remember, there's more to just picking the 8 best teams on the field for the at-large. :nod:

eaglesrthe1
November 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
The teams that get left out will generate some disscussion, but I don't think that they will be worthy of "The Woffy". It just seems that there are 16 spots, and about 18-19 legit teams this year. "The Woffy" need to be reserved for true screw overs.

That would be a fun poll to do every year though. Have the AGS community award "The Woffy" to the #17 team each year.

PantherMan
November 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Other: Illinois State. Better than more than one of the teams listed.

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Other: Illinois State. Better than more than one of the teams listed.
Oooh, good call, I thought about them earlier, but forgot to include them. :bang:

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 09:21 AM
'Other' You can only do 10 teams and perhaps I added too much opinion, because I don't see any way in hades that they don't get in. The C will want to get one of the biggest I-AA programs in history back in the mix. Remember, there's more to just picking the 8 best teams on the field for the at-large. :nod:

By "Best", I thought you meant teams that were actually pretty good. EWU and SIU, while sometimes decent (not always, which was apparent this year), are nowhere near the "best", IMO. YSU would be my pick for the best team left out, because they are one of the best teams on that list and there is a small chance they could be left out. So I'll add them to "other"!

Tim James
November 16th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Whoever the 2nd place OVC team will be since that conference will only get 1 bid.

LacesOut
November 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Poly wanna cracker??

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:39 AM
By "Best", I thought you meant teams that were actually pretty good. EWU and SIU, while sometimes decent (not always, which was apparent this year), are nowhere near the "best", IMO. YSU would be my pick for the best team left out, because they are one of the best teams on that list and there is a small chance they could be left out. So I'll add them to "other"!
I'm asking who you think the best team left out is going to be so you have to think that YSU will be left out in order to pick them.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I voted for Cal Poly. I can see the committee, not agreeing with it, but I can see them going for another 8-3 from an autobid conference. I can see holy hell breaking loose about 10 seconds after the decision.

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I'm asking who you think the best team left out is going to be so you have to think that YSU will be left out in order to pick them.
I confused myself.... :confused: Too much to drink last night I guess...

TexasTerror
November 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
If TxSt does not get in due to lack of seven Div I wins or what have you, I'll go with them. They're atleast deserving of getting whooped in the first round if that's what happens...

ChickenMan
November 16th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Richmond... if they don't make it. I think they are unbeaten since Stacey Tutt was moved back to QB.

th0m
November 16th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I voted Cal Poly.

crunifan
November 16th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I'm gonna say Illinois State too.

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 09:55 AM
HOLY S will you look at the results already! All 9 have votes, plus votes for YSU, IllSt, an OVC team.... Sunday is going to be a LOT of fun! :nod:

shakdaddy3
November 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM
other.. Illinois State... like PantherMan said... we are better than teams on that list.. in one of the best conferences too while we're at it

grizband
November 16th, 2005, 12:29 PM
When completely healthy, EWU is a good team. Unfortunately, they haven't been completely healthy in a while.

eaglesrthe1
November 16th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I like how the votes are spread out. It would be interesting to do it again after the selection is over.

blackfordpu
November 16th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Texas State because they are going to lose this weekend and miss out on the playoffs. :)

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
November 16th, 2005, 07:14 PM
UC Davis.

Screwed not by the Committee, but by cruel Circumstance.

Same for NoDak State.

My vote went to EWU though. Maybe the best quarterback currently in I-AA and arguably the second best receiver in I-AA history are going to be frozen out by a Griz win this weekend.

blukeys
November 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM
The teams that get left out will generate some disscussion, but I don't think that they will be worthy of "The Woffy". It just seems that there are 16 spots, and about 18-19 legit teams this year. "The Woffy" need to be reserved for true screw overs.

That would be a fun poll to do every year though. Have the AGS community award "The Woffy" to the #17 team each year.

You're appointed eagles. Find us a suitably ugly trophy, cup, whatever. Voting can begin on Sunday. "Woffy" can be awarded at the Crapsville.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2005, 07:37 PM
a tough choice between Cal Poly and SC State. Coastal is in, I'm pretty sure now...

ngineer
November 16th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I voted for Cal Poly. I can see the committee, not agreeing with it, but I can see them going for another 8-3 from an autobid conference. I can see holy hell breaking loose about 10 seconds after the decision.

Agreed on the latter half if it comes to be, but I think the C will go with CPU (assuming they take care of business Saturday) due to the perceived slight last year. Lehigh seemed to get the same benefit last year from the slight they had the previous year.
That's really a tough list--I tend to go with Illinois State when you look at who they lost to and how close they were.

FlyYtown
November 16th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Youngstown State
I second that.. but all signs are they will make it so Illinois State.

Maverick
November 16th, 2005, 08:36 PM
How's this for a strange twist of fate? I looked at the selection committee membership. The UMass AD is on the committee now, and his previous school was Cal Poly. Do you think they will do that to Cal Poly again under such circumstances?

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2005, 08:51 PM
MCNEESE STATE........"UH SIMPLE TWIST O' FATE".....:bawling:......SQWAK!

Stang Fever
November 16th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Like i said in an earlier post...Eastern Washington is NOT A GOOD TEAM...they are just a great offense

Screamin_Eagle174
November 16th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I assure you, Eastern Washington is far more than just "decent." The only reason we have 4 losses, is because of constant injuries, and penalties. All the games that we have lossed have been by a margin of less than 10 points. We're the only I-AA team to have beaten Montana this year (in Missoula I might add, 34-20, in front of Grizzly stadium's 3rd largest crowd in history), and we just rolled off a pretty convincing win against Montana State, 35-14. We upset the number one seed and number one ranked SIU last year in the first round. If the committee is supposed to pick teams that would best complete the 16 and provide the best match-up to the best teams in the nation, then why should EWU be excluded, and why should only one BSC team go? No other conference is as competitive and tough as the Big Sky. Go EAGS!

GrizSweeper
November 16th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Like i said in an earlier post...Eastern Washington is NOT A GOOD TEAM...they are just a great offense
going to have to disagree, they held MSU to 14 points in last weeks win, when healthy though I guess your right they arent' a good team they are a GREAT team

Stang Fever
November 17th, 2005, 11:03 AM
From what I have seen....Only watched the Poly game and a game here and there on tape.....True when Healthy they are a really good team...But injuries are part of the game...I feel like people only see Offense and only care about 500 yards per game average....Trust me when i say Hands down Eric Meyer is unreal...Best QB i ever played against and best QB i have seen (with these two eyes)...

But as far as there Defense goes its nothing to get up and yell about.....MSU is an up and down team....all you have to do is stop there best reciever and contain Travis Lulay and you have a pretty good shot and holding them out of the End-ZOne....and from what i hear Eastern doubled there best reciever and zoned up the rest of the day...SO im not suprised that they held MSU to 14

Wellington
November 17th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I dont know if he is the best ive seen, but he is very good. Dave Dickenson is on the top of my list...

Stang Fever
November 17th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Like i said the best i have seen with MY OWN EYES...im only 23 so I havent seen that many QB's....and just so there is no misleading I am talking about I-AA QB's

I heard Dave Dickerson was pretty good

Grizzaholic
November 17th, 2005, 11:12 AM
It is Dave Dickenson

JALMOND
November 17th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Best team (other)-Portland State

6-3 vs I-AA this year. Unbeaten at home. Held Boise State to their lowest point total during the Broncos 28-game home winning streak. Could not qualify for the playoffs due to a 54-yard field goal as time ran out. Beat Davis at Davis a week before the Aggies beat Pac-10 Stanford. Boasts one of the leading rushers in all of I-AA.

rabidsaluki
November 17th, 2005, 01:34 PM
You're appointed eagles. Find us a suitably ugly trophy, cup, whatever. Voting can begin on Sunday. "Woffy" can be awarded at the Crapsville.

I think that the "Woffy" should be a crushed Gatorade or Powerade cup, or better yet - Find an old toilet somewhere and paint it brown. :rolleyes:

Screamin_Eagle174
November 18th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Bump

windwalker
November 18th, 2005, 07:00 PM

Didn't you see YSU??? listed as the "others".... LOL

November 18th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Whoops, this is almost the same as my "Who gets WOOFED" poll. Oh well, the more the merrier. :)

Pantherpower
November 18th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I assure you, Eastern Washington is far more than just "decent." The only reason we have 4 losses, is because of constant injuries, and penalties. All the games that we have lossed have been by a margin of less than 10 points.

Ho hum. Cry me a river on the injury, penalty thing. You'll have to come stronger than that. EVERY team has injuries, penalties, etc. The reality of the situation is that you have 4 losses and need help from MSU. That is the bed that EWU has made. :rolleyes:

Grizo406
November 19th, 2005, 01:10 AM

They looked pretty good to me on 15 Oct.