PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article on RB Chase Reynolds

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
If you don't know him yet he is a Sophmore Montana Running Back that didn't take over as our full time running back till the Northern Colorado game. That's the 8th game, before that the Coaches were doing a RB by committee with 3 RB's sharing carries trying to find a replacement for graduated Lex Hilliard. Since taking over as the #1 RB Chase has games of 139, 157, 160, 153, 115, and 233. For the season he has 210 carries, 1228 yards, and 17 TD's.

Chase Reynolds article (http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2008/12/02/sports/hjjbihjhjjegjj.txt)

Here is a little of the article.

In the 1994 movie The Scout, disgraced baseball scout Al Percolo discovered Steve Nebraska in a Mexican village.

Percolo (played by Albert Brooks) sat in the stands as Nebraska (Brendan Fraser) was carried onto the baseball field on a rickshaw.

Nebraska is clearly patterned after Sydd Finch, the fictional character the late, great George Plimpton wrote about in the April 1, 1985, Sports Illustrated.

Nebraska pitched and threw so hard that he knocked the catcher and umpire over on every throw. Then he hit out-of-sight home runs — from both sides of the plate.

Percolo couldn't believe it. He had just discovered the greatest baseball player of all time. It was almost too good to be true.

I think about that movie every time I hear the name Chase Reynolds.

One October night a few years ago, I went to an 8-man football game in Drummond and saw Reynolds do his best Steve Nebraska impersonation on that field that is nestled between a mountain and Interstate 90.

Of course, there was no rickshaw carrying the Amazing Chase Reynolds into the game. When you can walk on water, you don't need one.

Reynolds kicked off — through the end zone — returned kicks and punts, made nearly every tackle on defense and he scored touchdowns at a ferocious pace.

I almost thought I was dreaming.

One game, Reynolds carried the football five times on offense and scored seven touchdowns.

Swear to God.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Reynolds has to be the biggest surprise player in FCS this year.

After seeing Schmidt grind it out against Cal Poly, I thought we had our star, but holy crap, Reynolds has out performed everyone's expectations, save maybe this sports writer. xlolx

Honestly can't wait to see him play this Saturday. And especially looking forward to two more years with Reynolds running the ball. xnodx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
If you don't know him yet he is a Sophmore Montana Running Back that didn't take over as our full time running back till the Northern Colorado game. That's the 8th game, before that the Coaches were doing a RB by committee with 3 RB's sharing carries trying to find a replacement for graduated Lex Hilliard. Since taking over as the #1 RB Chase has games of 139, 157, 160, 153, 115, and 233. For the season he has 210 carries, 1228 yards, and 17 TD's.

Chase Reynolds article (http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2008/12/02/sports/hjjbihjhjjegjj.txt)

Here is a little of the article.

After Bergquist, Reynolds was the leading Montana rusher (in carries, with 13) against Weber State this year. Chase netted 30 yards and a TD in Ogden. Schulte and Schmidt combined for only 5 carries. No other runners had more than one carry. Reynolds was already the #1 running back.

It sounds like the coaches might have changed the scheme a bit since the Weber game, to make Chase more productive. I don't expect we will be able to hold Reynolds to 30 yards this time, but I would not bet on a breakout game, either.

uofmman1122
December 3rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
After Bergquist, Reynolds was the leading Montana rusher (in carries, with 13) against Weber State this year. Chase netted 30 yards and a TD in Ogden. Schulte and Schmidt combined for only 5 carries. No other runners had more than one carry. Reynolds was already the #1 running back.

It sounds like the coaches might have changed the scheme a bit since the Weber game, to make Chase more productive.I don't expect we will be able to hold Reynolds to 30 yards this time, but I would not bet on a breakout game, either.Jeeze, and I thought the stereotype around here was Montana fans being arrogant and over-confident. xrolleyesx

I hope they at least let us play the game on Saturday. xlolx

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Oh come on let the 6000 person Weber State fanbase have their day in the sun. xnodx :) I'm not so sure the 25,000 hostiles will be as gracious on Saturday. xsmiley_wix They are in some rarefied air, it's understandable.

montanafan
December 3rd, 2008, 09:26 AM

It sounds like the coaches might have changed the scheme a bit since the Weber game, to make Chase more productive. I don't expect we will be able to hold Reynolds to 30 yards this time, but I would not bet on a breakout game, either.

shhhh. What is that sound? It sounds like the tides have turned and Washington Grizzly Statium is calling. Oh, it is going to be loud Saturday. Even our stadium is calling for you guys. What I wouldn't bet on is for your team to walk over us. So, bring your ear muffs and study up on your sign language and tuck your head between your knees and kiss your playoff hopes good by. :D :D

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
Jeeze, and I thought the stereotype around here was Montana fans being arrogant and over-confident. xrolleyesx

I hope they at least let us play the game on Saturday. xlolx

Nobody here but us arrogant blowhards. xsmiley_wix

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
shhhh. What is that sound? It sounds like the tides have turned and Washington Grizzly Statium is calling. Oh, it is going to be loud Saturday. Even our stadium is calling for you guys. What I wouldn't bet on is for your team to walk over us. So, bring your ear muffs and study up on your sign language and tuck your head between your knees and kiss your playoff hopes good by. :D :D

Nope. Don't think it will be a walk, but we will wait for the final whistle to see who gets to beat the next opponent in the semis. xnodx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Oh come on let the 6000 person Weber State fanbase have their day in the sun. xnodx :) I'm not so sure the 25,000 hostiles will be as gracious on Saturday. xsmiley_wix They are in some rarefied air, it's understandable.

6,000? Thank you for your kind generosity! xlolx

25,000? ...a little smaller than the Hawaii and Utah crowds, but perhaps a bit more raucous? xeyebrowx

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Just going by attendance which I would consider our hard core bases. If we looked at Montana's true fan base it would probably be several hundred thousand considering more than half the State follows the Griz either closely or casually.xthumbsupx

grizbeer
December 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM

25,000? ...a little smaller than the Hawaii and Utah crowds, but perhaps a bit more raucous? xeyebrowx

I have read WSU players and fans talk about playing at Hawaii and Utah so this won't be an unusually large game for the 'Cats. Here is the difference - Hawaii isn't really known for their rowdy crowd, especially in a down year playing against a lower level team.

In your game against Utah they had a special celebration to honor McBride and gave him a standing ovation - I doubt he will feel the same love in Missoula.

Of course most of your players and coaches have already been to Missoula at least once, but here is the deal - playoffs are a whole different animal for the Montana crowd than homecoming. Homecoming crowds tend to be among the most quit and peaceful of the year, because it brings back people who don't normally go to games, and who are more interested in talking to old friends and partying.

McBride and the 'Cats think they know the WA-Griz experience - this week they really get to taste it, and we won't hear any more about the crowd in Hawaii or Utah.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
I have read WSU players and fans talk about playing at Hawaii and Utah so this won't be an unusually large game for the 'Cats. Here is the difference - Hawaii isn't really known for their rowdy crowd, especially in a down year playing against a lower level team.

In your game against Utah they had a special celebration to honor McBride and gave him a standing ovation - I doubt he will feel the same love in Missoula.

Of course most of your players and coaches have already been to Missoula at least once, but here is the deal - playoffs are a whole different animal for the Montana crowd than homecoming. Homecoming crowds tend to be among the most quit and peaceful of the year, because it brings back people who don't normally go to games, and who are more interested in talking to old friends and partying.

McBride and the 'Cats think they know the WA-Griz experience - this week they really get to taste it, and we won't hear any more about the crowd in Hawaii or Utah.

Just remember Montana needs to play football and not rely just on their crowd *cough* Wofford *cough*. That said I expect a good game.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM

I was at the Weber vs. Utah game, they were pretty quiet and didn't do much that game. I think they cheered both ways actually. Rice Eccles can get pretty loud, like when the Utes played Oregon State, was at that one too xsmiley_wix But Wa-Griz will be louder than that game was even. Will you lose because of the crowd? Absolutely not, but it's fun to yell and scream, my voice is just getting back to normal after last weekend xrotatehx

HLNgriz
December 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
I do not think Chase will have a "breakout game", but I bet he gets his average of the last 7 games.

AZGrizFan
December 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I do not think Chase will have a "breakout game", but I bet he gets his average of the last 7 games.

I'm going to bet that Reynolds has more rushing yards than Trevyn Smith on Saturday.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Proud Griz Man
December 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM

I don't have the specifics, but I remember that Chase Reynolds had a 50-55 yard run against Weber negated by a penalty.
xreadx

Peems
December 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
That article is a bit out there, but then again his articles always are. Comparing Chase to Walter Payton!?!?!?!?

GrizRchattybound
December 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm going to bet that Reynolds has more rushing yards than Trevyn Smith on Saturday.

xnodx xnodx xnodx

My exact friggin thoughts....spooky.

xlolx xthumbsupx xbowx

Proud Griz Man
December 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
That article is a bit out there, but then again his articles always are. Comparing Chase to Walter Payton!?!?!?!?

Just try controlling yourself after regularly drinking Butte water and eating at Pork Chop John's. xeekx

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Just remember Montana needs to play football and not rely just on their crowd *cough* Wofford *cough*. That said I expect a good game.

Wofford was alot better last year. What does that say about your game with them?

catatac
December 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM

xnodx xnodx xnodx

I'll take that bet. Not sure what we can bet but I'll take it.

grizbeer
December 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Until they stop arresting fans for running onto the field all I and other fans can control in this game is how loud I am and try to affect the other team that way - I promise to do my best. I also expect a good game, and hope the first play from scrimmage is a WSU false start (like TxSt).

Proud Griz Man
December 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'll take that bet. Not sure what we can bet but I'll take it.

So, why don't you put your $$$ toward the capital campaign for bobcat stadium Mr. Attack? Your new turf is a huge improvement. It would be nice if the stands were upgraded as well. Just sayin' xcoolx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM

I'll accept that challenge! If we win by more than a whisker, you will hear A LOT about the crowds at Utah and Hawaii! xlolx xlolx xlolx

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM

I am bringing nothing but hate.

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:28 PM

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xlolx xlolx :p

MTGrizzFan
December 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM

I'm with ya on that one...maybe a few beers to drink before the game too.

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 10:52 PM

xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

GolfingGriz
December 4th, 2008, 02:01 AM
xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx

Didn't you already comment on SG's post?

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Didn't you already comment on SG's post?One string of smilies just wasn't enough.

He's got to get his post count up somehow. xlolx

uofmman1122
December 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM

It sounds like the coaches might have changed the scheme a bit since the Weber game, to make Chase more productive. I don't expect we will be able to hold Reynolds to 30 yards this time, but I would not bet on a breakout game, either.33 Carries
185 Yards
2 touchdowns

You were saying? xsmiley_wix

Unless your idea of "breakout game" was 250+ yards and 3+ touchdowns. xlolxxlolx