PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article from NCAA.com

redspider
December 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I dont think anyone has posted this yet but there is a very interesting article about the playoffs on NCAA.com. I esecially like it because it focuses on the rematch of App States vs. UR from last year in the playoffs and how this is one a new team but still we want revenge. Also that the biggest obstacle in the way of that is Aramanti. They have a nice quote from Coach London talking about our focus on stopping Armanti that says, “If there’s a warp speed, that’s what he has,” London said. “Our biggest key (defensively) is to be sound tackling and to know where he is at all times.” The article also talks about the other rematchs of Montana at Weber State, JMU-VU, New Hampshire-UNI who have all either seems each other last year in the playoffs or during the season this year.
Here is the link http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120208aaa.html

jmufan999
December 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
that is a good article. well, UR has faced a mobile QB already this year. AE and Landers are not that dissimilar... AE is a little quicker, Landers is tougher to bring down. the problem is that ASU has developed other weapons like Jorden and Quick, to go along with Hilary (sp?). this would be a monumental upset, i don't care what the spread is (i'm guessing appy will be favored by about 9).

appstate38
December 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
I dont think anyone has posted this yet but there is a very interesting article about the playoffs on NCAA.com. I esecially like it because it focuses on the rematch of App States vs. UR from last year in the playoffs and how this is one a new team but still we want revenge. Also that the biggest obstacle in the way of that is Aramanti. They have a nice quote from Coach London talking about our focus on stopping Armanti that says, “If there’s a warp speed, that’s what he has,” London said. “Our biggest key (defensively) is to be sound tackling and to know where he is at all times.” The article also talks about the other rematchs of Montana at Weber State, JMU-VU, New Hampshire-UNI who have all either seems each other last year in the playoffs or during the season this year.
Here is the link http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120208aaa.html

That shouldn't be hard since the ball will be in his hands 90% of the time.

GATA
December 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
That shouldn't be hard since the ball will be in his hands 90% of the time.

LOL. Good point. Unless you guys are using AE like Jayson Foster now and having him return punts, play QB, WR, RB, and work the scoreboard all in the same game. It's not like AE is gonna be lining up all over the field.

I watched the App State/Richmond game last year...my biggest advice to the Spiders....DON'T PLAY MAN-TO-MAN DEFENSE!!!

I REPEAT...DON'T PLAY MAN-TO-MAN DEFENSE!!! that's probably what UR's coach really meant. If you get in a situation where you have your defense covering guys man to man and turning their back to AE he is gonna burn you on the QB scrambles...stay in a zone defense and try to keep 11 pairs of eyes on Edwards at all times.

T-Dog
December 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I REPEAT...DON'T PLAY MAN-TO-MAN DEFENSE!!! that's probably what UR's coach really meant. If you get in a situation where you have your defense covering guys man to man and turning their back to AE he is gonna burn you on the QB scrambles...stay in a zone defense and try to keep 11 pairs of eyes on Edwards at all times.

They played less than 8 in the box against us last year which was different than what the film showed and Armanti ate them up.

And if all eyes are on Armanti, then I guess no one will be watching Jorden, Quick, Welton, Cline, Courman, Hillary or the supposedly-returning Radford. Fine by me. xnodx

Eight Legger
December 2nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
that is a good article. well, UR has faced a mobile QB already this year. AE and Landers are not that dissimilar... AE is a little quicker, Landers is tougher to bring down. the problem is that ASU has developed other weapons like Jorden and Quick, to go along with Hilary (sp?). this would be a monumental upset, i don't care what the spread is (i'm guessing appy will be favored by about 9).

Why would this be a "monumental" upset? Would it be a monumental upset if JMU went down there this week and won? Probably not in your mind. Yet you needed every second of the game to beat us, so your logic doesn't exactly make sense.

I think a UR win would be a mild upset but nothing shocking.