December 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
Bank on it. They are in a league of their own.xnodx

Thoughts?

JMinU
December 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Why they lose to JMU this year if they are in a league of their own

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
I like your style D (maybe it will work this time). However, I do want to point out, this is not an App thread started by an App poster. xlolx xsmiley_wix

Keep up the good work bro. xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
December 1st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Still don't buy into the curse but way to put it out there again.

apppackdad
December 1st, 2008, 07:43 PM

Thoughts?

App is in the SoCon and ,contrary to CAA opinion, the competition in the league is what prepares App for playoff pressure.

Also,the coaches and players have done an excellent job of focusing on the game at hand.

Only the Richmond Spiders matter.

D1B
December 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
This thread being moved to Smack in 5 4 3 2 ....

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!????!!!!!xbawlingx xeekx xmadx xoopsx

bring it on folks, were prepared for a bashing

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Man I love it when people don't get it. xlolx

D1B
App is in the SoCon and ,contrary to CAA opinion, the competition in the league is what prepares App for playoff pressure.

Also,the coaches and players have done an excellent job of focusung on the game at hand.

That's exactly what I've been saying since last March!xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
Kiss of Death!!!
Kiss of Death!!!

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 07:46 PM
I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOU PUTTING A CURSE ON US, SIR!

imaginary or not......

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM

Me to brother. Thing about D1B is he really believes it this time.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM

They were in a league shared by two at that point. NOW they are in a league of their own is what I think he is saying.

Appguy
December 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Kiss of Death!!!
Kiss of Death!!!

just like it was last year...and the year before that... someone always does it

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 08:02 PM
just like it was last year...and the year before that... someone always does it

Who did it last year and the year before that? This is solely D1B's gig as far as I've ever seen.

GATA
December 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM

Hell they lost 2 SOCON games last year and still ran through half of the CAA in the process of winning a 3rd straight title...I'm pretty sure they're in a league of their own...

Screamin_Eagle174
December 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I knew it the minute I saw the title of the thread.

xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx to D1B

appstate38
December 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! xlolx xrotatehx xlolx xrotatehx xlolx

theasushow
December 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
i sware i remember seeing this exact same thread this time last year after the jmu playoff game.

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Well, D1B and Cap'n Cat officially put the kiss of death on Cal Poly, but unless they show up in Boone and get their pictures taken with some underage tail I think we're safe.xcoffeex

chiapet9
December 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM

Also,the coaches and players have done an excellent job of focusing on the game at hand.

That and the fact that they haven't left the Rock during the playoffs for the last three years....well - until Chattanooga which is a measly 4 hour drive away?

theasushow
December 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
your right, any city other than chatty and asu wouldnt stand a chance. they would be 0 for 3 right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
i sware i remember seeing this exact same thread this time last year after the jmu playoff game.

Hope you have fun at your party. Last year it was Montana though, the year before...Montana, the year before that...Montana. We're just glad to be rid of it.

appstate1998
December 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
That and the fact that they haven't left the Rock during the playoffs for the last three years....well - until Chattanooga which is a measly 4 hour drive away?

not sure if you are aware of this or not...but some App fans..like myself...are alumni...not current students...and i know this may be hard to undertand but some of us don't live in Boone.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
not sure if you are aware of this or not...but some App fans..like myself...are alumni...not current students...and i know this may be hard to undertand but some of us don't live in Boone.

What does that have to do with anything? He's refering to the home field advantage the team has by being at home. Many Griz fans don't live in Missoula but that doesn't detract from the home field advantage once they arrive.

App. get's it's home field advantage by earning it so it's a weak argument on his part but it's the argument he was making I think.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
What does that have to do with anything? He's refering to the home field advantage the team has by being at home. Many Griz fans don't live in Missoula but that doesn't detract from the home field advantage once they arrive.

Come on guys if Georgia Southern can beat them at the rock and not make the playoffs someone in the playoffs shouldxsmiley_wix .

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hope you have fun at your party. Last year it was Montana though, the year before...Montana, the year before that...Montana. We're just glad to be rid of it.

yea the curse has worked......now whether that is truly because D1B cursed them or they just sucked.....im not sure of, but IT WORKED!

BREAK THE CURSE!xthumbsupx

chiapet9
December 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM

Wait? Ya'll don't just stay there in Heaven forever?

What was I thinking? Maybe since so many of ya'll have moved away you could see if the Athletic Department could move your home games somewhere closer to all the alumni like Raleigh or wherever it is ya'll choose to move after you graduate?

Appstate29
December 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM

Thoughts?

didn't work the 1st ten times you predicted it, why do you think its going to work this time?

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:42 PM
didn't work the 1st ten times you predicted it, why do you think its going to work this time?

Appstate29............what kinda bet did you make/lose? I imagine it has something to do with Elon?

Chi Panther
December 1st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well, D1B and Cap'n Cat officially put the kiss of death on Cal Poly, but unless they show up in Boone and get their pictures taken with some underage tail I think we're safe.xcoffeex

That is really funny...xthumbsupx xbowx

beauvighn
December 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Halloween score not withstanding....KBS was a much tougher venue for wofford than JMU's stadium.

chiapet9
December 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Halloween score not withstanding....KBS was a much tougher venue for wofford than JMU's stadium.

Your point?
xoopsx

Appstate29
December 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Appstate29............what kinda bet did you make/lose? I imagine it has something to do with Elon?

Yup, went running my mouth off about Elon hanging 40 on Liberty and beating them by 3 touchdowns. Last time I talk up Elon, lesson learned. Got this bad boy until the start of next season.

theasushow
December 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM

i think guaranteed a liberty playoff berth with a win over elon.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yup, went running my mouth off about Elon hanging 40 on Liberty and beating them by 3 touchdowns. Last time I talk up Elon, lesson learned. Got this bad boy until the start of next season.

EEWWW, sucks. atleast you got a telling name.........and atleast its not WESTERN!

Appstate29
December 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
EEWWW, sucks. atleast you got a telling name.........and atleast its not WESTERN!

That is the truth. The only positive that came out of it is that Elon got stomped by Liberty, so come next year and they start yammering about how this is going to be the year they beat ASU, we can pull out their Liberty score to remind them the pecking order.

ASU
December 1st, 2008, 10:15 PM
Really sad to see Wofford fans not backing App State.......especially if you follow those CAA references, insenuations, and just plain liable. Mickey Mouth must be proud. They probably read some simplistic platitude to the game Wofford played........and it made them forget MM
statement that there was no one in the SoCon to worry about but App State........IF I were a Wofford fan (or other SoCon fan) I would be pissed royally.
Why is it that App State fans seem to understand supporting your conference and so many other conference fans do not......a strong conference helps all those that participate in the conference. They just do not support belonging to the "best conference"...........they give up, conceed, withdraw, get beat down, and crawl under a rock.

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 10:17 PM
This thread sounds like an invite to crapsville

GolfingGriz
December 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thats two monkeys in one week for the Griz!!

JMU Newbill
December 2nd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Just for the record.... why is it still logical to use the argument of "App State plays in the SoCon, which is tougher, so they are prepared for the post season"?

Whether you like it or not, JMU has now beaten the top two teams in the SoCon this year. You can call it luck, you can make excuses about why the game went the way it did... but bottom line is, JMU has beaten the top two teams in your conference, including App State.

Does this mean JMU is a lock to win it all? Absolutely not. But is App State a lock to win it..... well maybe in your eyes but not in most.

DLS
December 2nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Really sad to see Wofford fans not backing App State.......especially if you follow those CAA references, insenuations, and just plain liable. Mickey Mouth must be proud. They probably read some simplistic platitude to the game Wofford played........and it made them forget MM
statement that there was no one in the SoCon to worry about but App State........IF I were a Wofford fan (or other SoCon fan) I would be pissed royally.
Why is it that App State fans seem to understand supporting your conference and so many other conference fans do not......a strong conference helps all those that participate in the conference. They just do not support belonging to the "best conference"...........they give up, conceed, withdraw, get beat down, and crawl under a rock.

i see what you did there! and i like it.

DLS
December 2nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
Just for the record.... why is it still logical to use the argument of "App State plays in the SoCon, which is tougher, so they are prepared for the post season"?

Whether you like it or not, JMU has now beaten the top two teams in the SoCon this year. You can call it luck, you can make excuses about why the game went the way it did... but bottom line is, JMU has beaten the top two teams in your conference, including App State.

Does this mean JMU is a lock to win it all? Absolutely not. But is App State a lock to win it..... well maybe in your eyes but not in most.

this had me rolling comin from a jmu fan. but, then i saw this . . . . "join date: nov 2008"

now it makes sense.

th0m
December 2nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
this had me rolling comin from a jmu fan. but, then i saw this . . . . "join date: nov 2008"

now it makes sense.

Wow and you joined just after ASU got their third title. Big whoopie, what's your point?

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:03 AM

Ehh, conference, smonference...I won't pull for a team just because they play in the SoCon...especially the Stink.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
it sure would be nice if the title of this thread came true...

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 2nd, 2008, 07:32 AM

Who knows maybe because you ran the score up on them on national TV? I'm sure MM's comments sting a LOT less than that.

bosshogg
December 2nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
I hope they win...and I speak for all SCSU fans in saying that

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2008, 08:22 AM

YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGS says it all, Any Given Saturday !!

I will also say being raised in Philly and always waiting for the HAMMER to come down on me or the worst to happen. I have grown to BELIEVE APP is a different place and different team. Plus APP has earned EVERY win with skill and LUCK for the last 4 years. There will be a day when APP will lose a playoff game, the question is when? We were supposed to lose every year for the last 3 years so ITS a great ride that I am riding as long as it goes !!!!!!!!!!

GO APP ....... Beat THE CURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now we have to beat Richmond and THE CURSE !!!

lucky i dont believe in curses.

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
I hope they win...and I speak for all SCSU fans in saying that

Every APP fan I met has the UTMOST respect for the SCSU team and there fans both who showed the definition of CLASS on and off the field.

We all should have a fan base like SCSU. I say that meaning I know we ALL have a few stupid fans that make us ALL embarrassed but I did not meet one from SCSU.

Thank you for your support and i hope APP can come to Orangeburg,SC someday to play the BullDogs.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2008, 08:31 AM

We lost the JMU game. Lost. Thats pretty much all you can say about it. JMU played very well, espcially during the 2nd half, but what sets this game apart from their other two wins over remaining playoff teams is that it was much more about ASU blowing the game than it was about JMU winning. I'm not trying to take anything away from JMU's win, I'm just saying that there is no team in the country(not even LSU) that can outscore ASU 35-3 over the course of a half without a very large element of ASU severely shooting themselves in the foot. It was a monumental, disasterous self-destruction - hopefully never to be repeated.

Their wins over Villanova and Richmond, be they triumphs of good fortune or just solid, determined play, were back and forth throughout the course of the game. After those games, people were talking about the amazing play at the end of game to win. After the Appalachian game people were talking about how App managed to blow a 21 point lead.

I don't know if that is any better though...its probably worse.

If ASU and JMU end up meeting again in Chattanooga (not to forget about Richmond, UNH or UNI) we will do our best to bring 15,000+ screaming ASU fans with us, in order to take back both our pride and another piece of history.

Black and Gold Express
December 2nd, 2008, 08:31 AM

Thoughts?

My dear friend, didn't you know that in addition to running over defenses, throwing through defenses, playing ON defense, balancing the budget, tackling world hunger, and generally walking on water, that Armanti can actually defeat curses in his spare time?

Poof. xsmiley_wix

19Duke97
December 2nd, 2008, 08:36 AM
We lost the JMU game. Lost. Thats pretty much all you can say about it. JMU played very well, espcially during the 2nd half, but what sets this game apart from their other two wins over remaining playoff teams is that it was much more about ASU blowing the game than it was about JMU winning. I'm not trying to take anything away from JMU's win, I'm just saying that there is no team in the country(not even LSU) that can outscore ASU 35-3 over the course of a half without a very large element of ASU severely shooting themselves in the foot. It was a monumental, disasterous self-destruction - hopefully never to be repeated.

Their wins over Villanova and Richmond, be they triumphs of good fortune or just solid, determined play, were back and forth throughout the course of the game. After those games, people were talking about the amazing play at the end of game to win. After the Appalachian game people were talking about how App managed to blow a 21 point lead.

I don't know if that is any better though...its probably worse.

If ASU and JMU end up meeting again in Chattanooga (not to forget about Richmond, UNH or UNI) we will do our best to bring 15,000+ screaming ASU fans with us, in order to take back both our pride and another piece of history.

The same could be said about JMU's first half, where they played abysmal football, had horrible field position, and a few turnovers. Either way, it is in the past now, but I think the point JMU fans are making is that ASU is no lock for the national championship, and for that matter no team is.

If we are to meet in Chatty, I think JMU will bring several thousand fans as well, and I hope both teams play to their best for both halves, and let the better team win. until then, we have to focus on Villanova, and you all on Richmond, either one of those teams could end this whole conversation before it starts.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
Every APP fan I met has the UTMOST respect for the SCSU team and there fans both who showed the definition of CLASS on and off the field.

We all should have a fan base like SCSU. I say that meaning I know we ALL have a few stupid fans that make us ALL embarrassed but I did not meet one from SCSU.

Thank you for your support and i hope APP can come to Orangeburg,SC someday to play the BullDogs.

Agreed. I sat beside the SCST section and their fans were excellent.

Most of our fans are great too, but I just wish the drunken hippie douchebags that were sitting behind me were a little more classy. In 20 years that I've been going to ASU games, they were by far the most embaressing fans I've ever encountered. No school spirit and no class is a bad combination.

DLS
December 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Wow and you joined just after ASU got their third title. Big whoopie, what's your point?

or after i got a job sitting in a cube doing math all day and decided id rather talk football than melt my mind doing trig.

but good assumption though.

Rekdiver
December 2nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
The odds are in favor of the 15 CAA teams that made it into the playoffs..........

NC Aggie
December 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM

insinuations, libel, concede

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
My dear friend, didn't you know that in addition to running over defenses, throwing through defenses, playing ON defense, balancing the budget, tackling world hunger, and generally walking on water, that Armanti can actually defeat curses in his spare time?

Poof. xsmiley_wix

And here, I thought that was Obama. xsmiley_wix Hey, he wants an FBS playoff...that would be incredible.

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
insinuations, libel, concede

You are right about a FEW that look like your description, but most are just good people who are proud and understand they are lucky to see a team play so well over the last 4 years.

We all have jerk-fans. I would think APP has less than many. If your team had won as many games over 4 years as APP has, I believe some of the jerk-fans would show up also.

Overall we enjoy and support most of the other SoCon schools but I can see how APP winning can get old to the other schools in SoCon.

jus10asu
December 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Go ahead and ship us the trophy...JMU will be sittin at home after Saturday...

oh hell I donno, I'm just tryin to rile you guys up.

FACT-Armanti Edwards is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Banks!!!
December 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
FACT-Armanti Edwards is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Except when he has a hip pointer. Get well soon AE. xprayx

South Carolina Duke
December 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM

Not if you would have played at KBS last weekend as well. I believe that they had 13K, exactly the same # of fans that you saw at Bridgeforth.

What exactly is your point?

Ivytalk
December 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
I believe that ASU will run the table -- again. I'd rather see a new champ, but I don't think it'll happen.xpeacex

TCisMYhero
December 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good luck to Appyxwhistlex

Appoholic
December 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
App State playing its best is hard to beat anywhere much less KBS. It will be entertaining to watch.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2008, 03:29 PM
I believe that ASU will run the table -- again. I'd rather see a new champ, but I don't think it'll happen.xpeacex

Agreed but I think the game they play this week will be one of the hardest teams they have to play all post-season.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
App State playing its best is hard to beat anywhere much less KBS. It will be entertaining to watch.

Welcome Newbie! :p

Hope you'll be on here for many years to come.

But I'm afraid you won't last more than a few hours...

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM

I do. App doesn't have the defense to stop some truly elite offenses. I think Richmond has the defense to shut down Armanti, or at least the offense to keep him off of the field long enough to win.

Not to mention the motivation from last year's embarrassment.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
I do. App doesn't have the defense to stop some truly elite offenses. I think Richmond has the defense to shut down Armanti, or at least the offense to keep him off of the field long enough to win.

Not to mention the motivation from last year's embarrassment.

ummm....I know you watched them play Wofford right?

GolfingGriz
December 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Agreed but I think the game they play this week will be one of the hardest teams they have to play all post-season.

True everygame from here will be extremely difficult. I could see any of the eight remaining teams winning out. It will be more difficult for the unseeded teams to do so because they would still need to win 2 more road games, but it could be done.

AppStateold299
December 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Regardless of the game or the team every team could win the championship. I do hope that ASU wins out, but this is its toughest run yet if they do it. Can't wait to see the game this weekend. It is going to be a good one.

CamelCityAppFan
December 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I do hope that ASU wins out, but this is its toughest run yet if they do it.

I dunno, I may eat my words after this weekend, but I thought last year's playoff run was the toughest from the outset. People forget we were unseeded, and had the first game at home because, well, it's App State.

But we had the prospect of going on the road for quarters & semis. Things landed jam side up for us. Eastern Washington beat McNeese, and was rewarded with a trip to the Rock in round 2. Woffie knocked off Montana, and was then knocked off by Richmond, which secured the semi round game at the Rock.

But if things had gone down like they were "supposed" to, we would have had to make trips to Louisiana and Montana. I don't care who you are, that's a tough way to win a championship.

This year, we know if we keep winning at the Rock, it's a return trip to the Rock Away From the Rock. xthumbsupx

blitz4
December 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM

Thoughts?

Having seen Wofford play against both in person, I say that if the turnover margin is close, then JMU wins by 2 tds. JMU was as big and fast as any team I have ever seen on the 1-aa level...oh and they have a pretty good qb too.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Having seen Wofford play against both in person, I say that if the turnover margin is close, then JMU wins by 2 tds. JMU was as big and fast as any team I have ever seen on the 1-aa level...oh and they have a pretty good qb too.

JMU wins what by 2tds? Against Villanova? Or against ASU and the 3pts that separated the teams last time? I think JMU better focus on 'Nova, they had a hard enough time against them last time. ASU REALLY needs to focus on a dangerous Richmond team.

BTW, D1B isn't being serious newbie, it's a joke.

Reign of Terrier
December 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
JMU wins what by 2tds? Against Villanova? Or against ASU and the 3pts that separated the teams last time? I think JMU better focus on 'Nova, you guys had a hard enough time against them last time. ASU REALLY needs to focus on a dangerous Richmond team.

BTW, D1B isn't being serious newbie, it's a joke.

I think Blitz is a Wofford fan know rooting for JMU just so you know.

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
ummm....I know you watched them play Wofford right?

Yeah, I 'watched' App play Wofford. I've also seen ASU's defense play many other offenses. If you can run the football between the tackles, you can be successful against App. Wofford did it. Furman did it. Samford did it. However, the offense has to be able to score when it has the football. That kind of offense, coupled with a defense that can at least force some turnovers, trade field goals for TDs, or create three-and-outs will slow down the App offense enough to come out with a victory.

Which is why I think Richmond will come out victorious, and if they don't, then someone else will.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
I think Blitz is a Wofford fan know rooting for JMU just so you know.

Damn, that's right, I remember that now...editing post. xlolx Thanks.

Y'all need to quit changing avatars. :D

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I 'watched' App play Wofford. I've also seen ASU's defense play many other offenses. If you can run the football between the tackles, you can be successful against App. Wofford did it. Furman did it. Samford did it. However, the offense has to be able to score when it has the football. That kind of offense, coupled with a defense that can at least force some turnovers, trade field goals for TDs, or create three-and-outs will slow down the App offense enough to come out with a victory.

Which is why I think Richmond will come out victorious, and if they don't, then someone else will.

And they all have one thing in common--they all lost.

Eventually? You know, if you keep trying, you'll eventually be right. xrulesx

I'm not saying ASU won't lose, but come on, you can't say that's what needs to be done and then use three teams that lost to justify it.

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Eventually? You know, if you keep trying, you'll eventually be right. xrulesx

In this round of playoffs, not some unannounced time in the future.

Richmond has the team to do it, whether or not they do remains to be seen.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
In this round of playoffs, not some unannounced time in the future.

Richmond has the team to do it, whether or not they do remains to be seen.

How can someone else come out victorious against ASU in this round of the playoffs? ASU is only playing Richmond.

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
How can someone else come out victorious against ASU in this round of the playoffs? ASU is only playing Richmond.

Allow me to clarify, not round 2 of the current playoff's, but the 2008 playoff bracket.

My end point being that it would greatly surprise me if ASU won with the inconsistent offensive line play they have had this year.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Allow me to clarify, not round 2 of the current playoff's, but the 2008 playoff bracket.

My end point being that it would greatly surprise me if ASU won with the inconsistent offensive line play they have had this year.

We shall see. I never make predictions because there's no way to know. I also never expect us to win, nor do I expect us to lose (and no I don't expect us to tie:D). I generally feel we should win, but that doesn't mean we will. Hopefully, we will continue to win, and you may be correct. Your prediction, I'm sure, has a greater chance of being correct than incorrect, but until someone does beat ASU in the playoffs, I am not sure I would make said prediction.

I wish you no luck in your prediction/ desire. ;)

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
We shall see. I never make predictions because there's no way to know. I also never expect us to win, nor do I expect us to lose (and no I don't expect us to tie:D). I generally feel we should win, but that doesn't mean we will. Hopefully, we will continue to win, and you may be correct. Your prediction, I'm sure, has a greater chance of being correct than incorrect, but until someone does beat ASU in the playoffs, I am not sure I would make said prediction.

I wish you no luck in your prediction/ desire. ;)

xlolx I appreciate your wish. Its merely what I think will happen. I have little rooting interest in the game. I'd like to see App make the championship game, and they may very well prove me wrong, but I just can't see them beating whomever emerges from the other bracket.

ViennaSpider
December 2nd, 2008, 08:40 PM

Hubris much?

proasu89
December 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hubris much?

Chip on shoulder much. xlolx Was referring to only playing one team at a time. There is no lack of respect for Richmond.

T-Dawg95
December 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Chip on shoulder much. xlolx Was referring to only playing one team at a time. There is no lack of respect for Richmond.

I phrased the comment poorly. He was right to question what was being asked, and I clarified for him. I don't think anything else was insinuated.

CamelCityAppFan
December 3rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
I think Richmond has a better shot this week of knocking off the Apps than the winner of NIU/NHU next week. (NIU/NHU fans, please wait until this week's game is over before we start to argue about this...)

I think Richmond just matches up against App better and I'm looking forward to a competitive game. Still think App wins by about 10-12. I think they get to this margin sometime late in the 3rd and hang on in the 4th.

appstate38
December 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
I think Richmond has a better shot this week of knocking off the Apps than the winner of UNI/UNH next week. (UNI/UNH fans, please wait until this week's game is over before we start to argue about this...)

I think Richmond just matches up against App better and I'm looking forward to a competitive game. Still think App wins by about 10-12. I think they get to this margin sometime late in the 3rd and hang on in the 4th.

Fixed it for you, before the UNI & UNH fans did.xthumbsupx

Black and Gold Express
December 3rd, 2008, 07:13 AM
And here, I thought that was Obama. xsmiley_wix Hey, he wants an FBS playoff...that would be incredible.

Obama couldn't hold Armanti's jock. Armanti would run through the Secret Service detail like it was swiss cheese, or Richmond's defense! xsmiley_wix

CamelCityAppFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
Fixed it for you, before the UNI & UNH fans did.xthumbsupx

Thanks-- I knew that didn't look write when I typed it. That's what I get for posting before the first cup o' joe...xcoffeex Apologies to UNI/UNH-- no disrespect intended.

UNHFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Yeah and then all your retards will go on to great careers at Walmart!

WOW!!! LET ME HAVE IT!!!

ASUMountaineer
December 3rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Obama couldn't hold Armanti's jock. Armanti would run through the Secret Service detail like it was swiss cheese, or Richmond's defense! xsmiley_wix

xlolx

UDBlueLotFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM

WOW!!! LET ME HAVE IT!!!

Smack?..xeyebrowx xnonox

AshevilleApp2
December 3rd, 2008, 07:34 AM

WOW!!! LET ME HAVE IT!!!

xrolleyesx Not worth the bother.

UNHFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Hey Blue LotFan What the relevance of the plane? Just curious

UNHFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ashville your no fun!

AshevilleApp2
December 3rd, 2008, 07:38 AM
Ashville you're no fun!

Fixed for you. Speaking of education and all...xsmiley_wix

UNHFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
**** if UNH Wins and App wins I am going to the game ... and making many enemies right now what was I thinking!!!! Ill be the UNH fan with the fake beard looking like I am in the witness protection program! Getting his ass kicked by app fans....

Black and Gold Express
December 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM

WOW!!! LET ME HAVE IT!!!

Any idiot knows that Western grads already have the monopoly on Wal-Mart jobs...

We're more upscale, we'll go to Target instead.

jus10asu
December 3rd, 2008, 07:44 AM

True that!!

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 3rd, 2008, 07:48 AM
Out of curiosity where are most App alumni centered? Most JMU alumni are from the Richmond and NOVA areas.

CamelCityAppFan
December 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Out of curiosity where are most App alumni centered? Most JMU alumni are from the Richmond and NOVA areas.

Here in beautiful Camel City, NC (otherwise known as Winston-Salem, 90 minutes from the Rock), you can't swing a dead Catamount without hitting an App grad.

Here's a map (http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/AlumniMap/framemap.htm).

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM

Unifour (i.e. Catawba, Caldwell, Burke and Alexander counties) have a ton. Triad (cities of Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point) also have a lot. A couple of years ago the ASU alumni blog had a map showing where the alumni are concentrated. I'll try to find it and post it for you.

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Here in beautiful Camel City, NC (otherwise known as Winston-Salem, 90 minutes from the Rock), you can't swing a dead Catamount without hitting an App grad.

You beat me to it.xthumbsupx xbowx

ASUMountaineer
December 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Hubris much?

xlolx Good job newbie. Read much? No, factually speaking, only Richmond can beat ASU this weekend. Do you disagree with that? If so, I'd like to hear who else could beat ASU this weekend.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 3rd, 2008, 08:06 AM

Interesting that the Alumni concentrations are as scattered as they are. I personally thought they would be all centered around the Triangle area. Thanks for the map. Very well put together.

South Carolina Duke
December 3rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
Unifour (i.e. Catawba, Caldwell, Burke and Alexander counties) have a ton. Triad (cities of Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point) also have a lot. A couple of years ago the ASU alumni blog had a map showing where the alumni are concentrated. I'll try to find it and post it for you.

According to the counties mentioned, sounds like the majority live with in a 50 mile radius of Boone. Next question, what kind of jobs do you have? Not to much going on in that area since the furniture industry has declined.

CamelCityAppFan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
According to the counties mentioned, sounds like the majority live with in a 50 mile radius of Boone. Next question, what kind of jobs do you have? Not to much going on in that area since the furniture industry has declined.

We all work at Walmart. xsmiley_wix

Just kidding. I'm a partner in a marketing consulting firm.

UDBlueLotFan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hey Blue LotFan What the relevance of the plane? Just curious

My office...

unidustin86
December 3rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Win or lose Appy State fans still go home and sleep with there brothers and sister

UDBlueLotFan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Win or lose Appy State fans still go home and sleep with there brothers and sister

Post #1 and you already go into the penalty-box! No smack in FCS Discussion.

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 08:24 AM

Appalachian was once a teacher's college. Now we have a large and successful business school, but a good many of the alums (my wife for example) are teachers. Only ECU provides more teachers to the NC school system than does ASU (or at least that was the case a few years ago).

If you look at the map that Camel City provided the counties with the most ASU alums are generally the most populous (Mecklenburg, Wake, Forsyth and Guilford). But two counties in black-Watauga (which is where ASU is located) and Catawba-are fairly small in terms of population, at least compared to the others listed above. The unifour is the most populous region in the state without a public university within its confines. ASU is the closest, so most of the residents make the drive up the mountain (increasingly ASU has satellite programs that offer distance degree programs in this region).

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM

Well yeah, but have you seen our sisters??? Beats the hell out of sleeping with farm animals like you folks.xrolleyesx

Disclaimer: post not directed at any other UNI fans just the guy that chose to smack on his first post in the Discussion Forum...

DLS
December 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM

actually, i think most live in the charlotte area.

ASUMountaineer
December 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM

I live just outside of Charlotte and work for the county government in finance. Used to work for a bank selling investments and lending...got out at the right time. xnodx

UNHFan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:56 AM

Now that below the belt!!xmadx

South Carolina Duke
December 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
actually, i think most live in the charlotte area.

I figured that most lived surrounding Mecklenburg County. I guess I misread the original quote, stating the counties right near hwy 321 and the Hickory area.

wideright82
December 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #1 and you already go into the penalty-box! No smack in FCS Discussion.

hahaha thats 2 mins for high smacking

dustin checks in... welcome dustin

anyone else for some puns

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
I figured that most lived surrounding Mecklenburg County. I guess I misread the original quote, stating the counties right near hwy 321 and the Hickory area.

More ASU grads live in Catawba, Burke and Caldwell counties (combined) than Mecklenburg, at least according to the map posted by Camel City. Mecklenburg (according to Wikipedia) has a population of over 900,000 people, so you'd expect it to have a large population of alums, but Burke, Caldwell and Catawba combined don't have a population half the size of Char/Meck.

This really isn't worth arguing over, but I'd say that App alums are most concentrated in the unifour.

B&G
December 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
hahaha thats 2 mins for high smacking

dustin checks in... welcome dustin

anyone else for some puns

Where is he? Dustin the wind? :)

wideright82
December 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Where is he? Dustin the wind? :)

hahahahaha

News Break: This Dust-in..... newcomer smacks dustin fellow board members eyes.

alright.... that is how you kill something.... carry on world

ViennaSpider
December 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
xlolx Good job newbie. Read much? No, factually speaking, only Richmond can beat ASU this weekend. Do you disagree with that? If so, I'd like to hear who else could beat ASU this weekend.

I get it now. You were only trying to reason with T-Dawg95. Good luck with that.

ASUMountaineer
December 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
I get it now. You were only trying to reason with T-Dawg95. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I didn't understand what he was trying to say, it appeared he was speaking only of this game. He clarified, all is right with the FCS world. xlolx xthumbsupx

Rekdiver
December 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
unifour, schmunifor,

When I started at APP ther were about 50 undergrads from Charlotte.

Now there are over 1,000

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
unifour, schmunifor,

When I started at APP ther were about 50 undergrads from Charlotte.

Now there are over 1,000

OK-but we're talking about alumni xnodx . Hopefully when those kids graduate, they'll have enough sense to stay in more bucolic and peaceful surroundings xrolleyesx .

appstate1998
December 3rd, 2008, 06:27 PM

App. get's it's home field advantage by earning it so it's a weak argument on his part but it's the argument he was making I think.

i was referring to the part about App being 4 hours from Chattanooga as he stated. With App averaging around 28-30k a game, I'd say maybe a 1/4th of those are current students...probably a few more...

FargoBison
December 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM

The curse continues, any fans who think their team is a contender might want to send D1B a case of beer before next season starts.

bobbythekidd
December 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
nice bump

UNHWildCats
December 6th, 2008, 02:15 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Love it.

Peems
December 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
D1B strikes again!

AppStateSVX
December 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM
damn you

SeattleGriz
December 6th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Kiss of Death!!!
Kiss of Death!!!

xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
you.........you...................ok. i see

MONTANA WILL WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

two can play.

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
i knew it, i knew it as soon as you said it..........D1B i should give you neg points from here to kentucky for what youve done to my beloved mountaineers!xeyebrowx xsmhx :( xbawlingx :)

Dixiedawg80
December 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
damn you

ditto

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
damn you

Plane ticket to Chattanooga, TN - $268
Hotel Room - $110
Preordered ticket to the game - $30

Your team losing in the quarterfinals because D1B placed his curse on you - PRICELESS!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Didn't D1B pick Montana at the beginning of the year. xeyebrowx

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Plane ticket to Chattanooga, TN - $268
Hotel Room - $110
Preordered ticket to the game - $30

Your team losing in the quarterfinals because D1B placed his curse on you - PRICELESS!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx

ha where are these app fans that need a plane ticket to chatty? kirk herbstreit? adam sandler?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
ha where are these app fans that need a plane ticket to chatty? kirk herbstreit? adam sandler?

In Raleigh/Durham where I Orbitz'ed the flight from. xlolx xnodx xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
In Raleigh/Durham where I Orbitz'ed the flight from. xlolx xnodx xthumbsupx

ha well those hypothetical people are just lazy, they could drive there and see some good stuff along the way.

Blue Hen Nation
December 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Thoughts?

You were saying?