PDA

View Full Version : App State vs. the rest of FCS (formally known as 1-AA)

AppStateLumbee
December 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
If App wins 4 Championships in a row and shows signs of dominating the 2009 season, do you think it will help or hurt the imagine of 1-AA football? I personally would love for App to win 4 in a row. At the same time I think all the ESPN nuts like that idiot kirk would say we are the only good team worth mentioning in the FCS. By App potentially dominating another year, do you think ESPN and big schools would look at the FCS as App State + or a much more respected league? Discuss.

AppStateSVX
December 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
oh geeze, this will get interesting

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
If App wins 4 Championships in a row and shows signs of dominating the 2009 season, do you think it will help or hurt the imagine of 1-AA football? I personally would love for App to win 4 in a row. At the same time I think all the ESPN nuts like that idiot kirk would say we are the only good team worth mentioning in the FCS. By App potentially dominating another year, do you think ESPN and big schools would look at the FCS as App State + or a much more respected league? Discuss.

Some of this is true, but that is why you are going down this year, problem solved :D And I could care less what ESPN has to say about FCS, they don't know much about it. xnonox

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hey look, everyone!!! It's the newbie, counting his chickens!!

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

Is somebody holding the door open for Appy fans at Crapsville? xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

AppStateLumbee
December 1st, 2008, 06:16 PM
I want to see more respect for 1-AA football and I want to see more of our games played on TV. As for now I want to beat Montana in the Championship game, tho it would be nice to prove something to JMU.

DLS
December 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
i think if it continues on into 2010 then there might be a problem. (not that i would complain of course)

but if it holds strong in 2009 after getting 4 in a row, it can all be chalked up to the freakish armanti factor.

th0m
December 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Like others said, don't really care what others think. Of course I do care if ASU were to get a four-peat because it would mean a certain other team wouldn't ;) Then again, having two teams split the last 5 NC's might not be an altogether better image.

In the end, FCS will always stand for a champion crowned on the field. With that, it has infinitely more credibility than the bcs.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Oh good God, please tell me this is not a thread. xsmhx

Tribe4SF
December 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
As for now I want to beat Montana in the Championship game, tho it would be nice to prove something to JMU.

As for now? xconfusedx I could have sworn ASU was playing Richmond this week! xrolleyesx

Tribe4SF
December 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Oh good God, please tell me this is not a thread. xsmhx

Too late. Better rein in that rookie!:D

Syntax Error
December 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
I want to see more respect for 1-AA football...Welcome to AGS. Now for the spiel :) ... our subdivision has never been "1-AA" because the NCAA uses roman numerals, so it was "I-AA." Two years ago the name was changed to the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) to denote that we play for the NCAA Championship. The other subdivision is the Bowl Subdivision to denote that they play for bowl games, not an NCAA championship. xnodx

I'll agree with the other members here that I don't give a crap what those others think, they've already proven their ignorance. If they watched the games then they'd know the FCS isn't dominated by one team or conference. I also understand the Armanti factor comment. Bottom line, the FCS is very competitive year in and out.

Mntneer
December 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
This thread is way premature. I'm pulling for 4 as much as any App fan, but we need to focus on Richmond. The superstitious side of me already wonders if you've jinxed it :(

Screamin_Eagle174
December 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
The Almighty has spoken. xlolx

Bring this thread up when Appy wins their 4th. Or should I say IF.

Last time I checked, Appy along with the seven other teams remaining have to win three more games if they want to be called champs. xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 06:58 PM
Too late. Better rein in that rookie!:D

xlolx I have no control...if I did it might be scary. xnodx

93henfan
December 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
This thread is way premature. I'm pulling for 4 as much as any App fan, but we need to focus on Richmond. The superstitious side of me already wonders if you've jinxed it :(

You guys already jinxed it when you penned HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
If you really wanted to win four in a row, your PR department would have made HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM
You guys already jinxed it when you penned HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
If you really wanted to win four in a row, your PR department would have made HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT.

We couldn't...just doesn't sound right. "Even when the weather is COLD, COLD, COLD, COLD." xlolx

UDBlueLotFan
December 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM

Lumbee, goto FCS Smack and look up Crapsville. I'd be happy to have this discussion there. You even get a free drink card your first time there!xthumbsupx Come on in,....I'll be waaiitting xnodx xlolx xlolx

LeopardFan04
December 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
http://oneyearbibleimages.com/chickens_hatch.jpg

xpopcornx

SouthernEagle02
December 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM

If App wins another NC, great. I mean its no different than when USC or Ohio State was dominating FBS. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I cannot think of a better program to lead the way for FCS than App. Even if they don't win, 3 in a row isn't easy whether pee-wee or NFL. As far as that moron from Gameday, who cares what he thinks. I mean what did he do at Ohio State? Hm, that's right nothing. He's just bitter because he couldn't do what App did and that's beat Michigan. So if App wins again will ESPN and FBS respect us? ESPN probably not. FBS, I would say they already do. I mean ask Wisconsin or Michigan. If they schedule us and we play them hard for 60 minutes then it will come. I think everyone on here knows there is more to the FCS than App, Montana, JMU, GSU, Deleware, FAMU, and so on.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM

If people say stuff like that, you need to tell them that 1) App's NC teams have lost 4 FCS games (if they win it this year) and 2) dynasties happen. GSU won 4 titles in a period of six seasons and Youngstown State won 4 in a period of 7. Dynasties aren't anything unique to FCS football.

Touchdown Yosef
December 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Is the list of newbie rules that was updated last year still floating around out there, and does it get emailed to all new members?

igo4uni
December 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Is the list of newbie rules that was updated last year still floating around out there, and does it get emailed to all new members?

I thought the same thing.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM

MTGriz44 was not emailed.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Sarcasm boys...sarcasm.

I respect Appy State as much as any sports lover does. ESPN's coverage of the FCS is a joke.

i kid, i kid.xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
December 1st, 2008, 11:04 PM
Of course I do care if ASU were to get a four-peat because it would mean a certain other team wouldn't ;)

JMU isn't getting a four-peat this year. I promise.