PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage?

UNHFan
December 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Any updates?

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM
not yet with the app/richmond game but goasu.com said they will be updating a list of stations showing the game as they come on line throughout the week

mtnman
December 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
noon saturday for ur at app state

UNHFan99
December 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
unh is working on getting it put on tv in NH. Call WMUR and NHPT and insist it gets put on. that might help.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2008, 10:31 AM
I believe there is one or two national games (not announced yet) on ESPN2 or ESPNU and the rest are available through regional outlets and/or ESPN Gameplan. I beleive that's how it's worked in years past for the second round.

Semifinals are Fri/Sat Dec 12th/13th on ESPN2/ESPNU (I think) and the championship is obviously on the 19th on ESPN.

If you have ESPN 360 all the games are available there for streaming.

B&G
December 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
I looked on the digital listing for ESPN2 for this Saturday and the 12:00 to 3:00 pm slot has a football game scheduled with teams TBA. Could that mean ASU/Richmond is on the deuce?

UNHFan
December 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah NH Comcast people cant get ESPN360

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
I believe there is one or two national games (not announced yet) on ESPN2 or ESPNU and the rest are available through regional outlets and/or ESPN Gameplan. I beleive that's how it's worked in years past for the second round.

Semifinals are Fri/Sat Dec 12th/13th on ESPN2/ESPNU (I think) and the championship is obviously on the 19th on ESPN.

If you have ESPN 360 all the games are available there for streaming.

the title game is always on espn2...

B&G
December 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
I looked on the digital listing for ESPN2 for this Saturday and the 12:00 to 3:00 pm slot has a football game scheduled with teams TBA. Could that mean ASU/Richmond is on the deuce?

Nevermind. After further review, ESPN.com says this will be the C-USA title game.

danefan
December 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
Albany/Jacksonville Gridiron Classic will be available at 1:30pm on YES Network. :D

I know it wasn't what you were asking about, but I'm trying to get excited about the consolation game......xrolleyesx ;)

Kabooom
December 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Television.....It's all about convenience and $ MONEY for ESPN.....They will NOT want to come out WEST of the MISSISSIPPI to televise one of our decent FCS contests...Nope...Corporate head office will dictate that the moving van doesn't stray TOO FAR FROM BRISTOL CONN....

Hope I'm wrong on this , but I don't think so...

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Albany/Jacksonville Gridiron Classic will be available at 1:30pm on YES Network. :D

I know it wasn't what you were asking about, but I'm trying to get excited about the consolation game......xrolleyesx ;)

itll probably pretty darn cold up there this time of year wont it?

danefan
December 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
itll probably pretty darn cold up there this time of year wont it?

oh yeah! Cold and windy. Forecast has it at about 30 but the temparature on campus is always 10 degrees colder because of the wind. (campus was designed to be built in Arizona to increase wind flow and help with cooling! Great choice to put in Albany! xlolx)

Ruler
December 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Yes App fan it will be cold. They are predicting lows of 15-18 Degrees and a high of 32-34. A 1:30 start and by the time the 4th qtr rolls around it will be in the 20'sa as the sun will have set.

That is not the problem. The problem most folks dont hear about is the wind. The gusts are big even on calm days. On windy days like we had in the ECAC Classic in 2002(Danefan was our starting QB so he can attest to this. All the beer I drank that day didn't help) where their punter sent one 10 yards behind them as a result of the wind. I don't know if the wind will be like that but I assure you there will be gusts coming through our "stadium" as it faces east to west.

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Nevermind. After further review, ESPN.com says this will be the C-USA title game.

Too bad App State isn't playing in that game.

ChickenMan
December 1st, 2008, 01:02 PM
I saw all four quarter final games last year on ESPN's 'Game Plan' which can be purchased through your local cable company or DirecTV and I expect that this year's quarters will also be televised on 'Game Plan'. I can't recall the exact cost of the one day purchase.. but it was reasonable and I plan to purchase it again this week.

Syntax Error
December 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
QUARTERFINALS: December 6
ESPN Syndication/ESPN GamePlan/ESPN360.com

Pitz
December 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
Altitude (DirecTV ch. 681) will be picking up both the UR/ASU and Nova/JMU games - http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/default.aspx?day=12/6/2008

Cobblestone
December 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
It'd be nice if NESN would carry the UNH vs. UNI game but the Bruins will be on @ 7:00 PM. Still, NESN could show the game on tape delay immediately after the Bruins post game show. But, knowing NESN the way I do, they'll show some Red Sox game from last July.

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
It'd be nice if NESN would carry the UNH vs. UNI game but the Bruins will be on @ 7:00 PM. Still, NESN could show the game on tape delay immediately after the Bruins post game show. But, knowing NESN the way I do, they'll show some Red Sox game from last July.

which to you new englanders is probably must see tv

Cobblestone
December 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
which to you new englanders is probably must see tv

not for this New Englander.

biggie
December 1st, 2008, 02:05 PM
Fantastic, of course the station that picks it up is not nice and easy like sportssouth or something that I actually get.

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Update on possible local television for UNH vs. UNI - straight from Coach Mac's mouth during the weekly coaches show - he said it was very close to being aired on Comcast

We'll see...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM

Or some fricken ACC game because of the Chestnut Hill Beagles and NESN's misguided opinion that they are "New England's Team". xrolleyesx

jlcharles
December 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
This altitude channel (directv 681 or something, part of the sports pack) is showing some games, unfortunately not JMU-Nova.

http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/default.aspx?day=12/6/2008

Eaglegus2
December 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Altitude (DirecTV ch. 681) will be picking up both the UR/ASU and Nova/JMU games - http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/default.aspx?day=12/6/2008

On Dish....the Altitude Channels begin at 444 - 453. Hopefully, I can get the playoff games.

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM
It's confirmed: UNH vs. UNI will be on Comcast Sportsnet!!! (http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA1D6500-9C14-9F72-F17E60B7B6771786&pid=F54D6AEF-01F2-BA91-E3D09E1EF96E6CBC&archive=0)

UNH Fanboi
December 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
It's confirmed: UNH vs. UNI will be on Comcast Sportsnet!!! (http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA1D6500-9C14-9F72-F17E60B7B6771786&pid=F54D6AEF-01F2-BA91-E3D09E1EF96E6CBC&archive=0)

Anyone know if Time Warner in NYC will be carrying this somehow? I assume not. Any suggestions on where to watch the game? (perhaps a sports bar with DirectTV that's willing to dedicate a TV to the lowly FCS)

DOME
December 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM
I wish UNI's new AD wouldn't be such a dork and would let local Fox or Comcast show the game around Iowa!

igo4uni
December 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
I wish UNI's new AD wouldn't be such a dork and would let local Fox or Comcast show the game around Iowa!

He wants to sell tickets to the game and it's easier to do if the game is not on tv.

Pitz
December 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM
This altitude channel (directv 681 or something, part of the sports pack) is showing some games, unfortunately not JMU-Nova.

http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/default.aspx?day=12/6/2008

Yeah, it looks like the 3:30pm EST slot is now oddly enough labeled as the Weber St/Montana game. It makes sense given the location of Altitude...but 1 1/2 hours delayed?

apaladin
December 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Too bad App State isn't playing in that game.

Now wouldn't that be excitiing! NOT! Quick, tell me who's playing in that game?
Had to look it up didn't ya? xlolx xnodx

OxSoxUNH05
December 2nd, 2008, 05:57 AM
Anyone know if Time Warner in NYC will be carrying this somehow? I assume not. Any suggestions on where to watch the game? (perhaps a sports bar with DirectTV that's willing to dedicate a TV to the lowly FCS)

I recommend calling ahead and asking, it couldn't hurt, Just one tv in a corner :) Thats how i say the selection show in 07.

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Now wouldn't that be excitiing! NOT! Quick, tell me who's playing in that game?
Had to look it up didn't ya? xlolx xnodx

I was actually joking, but I don't have to look it up. Its Tulsa and ECU.

Pitz
December 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM

Time Warner won't, but you should be good if you find a bar that has the ESPN Game Plan satellite package.