PDA

View Full Version : Griz fans for Villanova!

griz37
November 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I know we shouldn't look past this weekend, but as a fan I am allowed.

Villanova is my 2nd favorite team this weekend, we would love to welcome you guys into Washington Griz next weekend.

So join me Griz fans in wishing the Villanova boys the best of luck.

xthumbsupx

putter
November 30th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I am kind of hoping that we continue hosting the Cats as it could be the 4th week in a row of welcoming kitties. tough games ahead but, could it be karma?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I like both of you guys but speaking of karma...I don't think this is the good kind right here. I say let the chips fall where they may.

IF we have enough to take the juggernaut that is Weber State down, I do hope Villanova ends up with more chips though.

DuckDuckGriz
November 30th, 2008, 11:40 PM
"To be the best we have to beat the best."
-Dave Dickenson, December 16, 1995

putter
November 30th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I like both of you guys but speaking of karma...I don't think this is the good kind right here. I say let the chips fall where they may.

IF we have enough to take the juggernaut that is Weber State down, I do hope Villanova ends up with more chips though.

I agree with you. Weber will be a war! But it is fun to dream

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2008, 11:43 PM

JMU and Nova are both VERY good teams, so from that standpoint, I don't really care who we play IF we beat Weber, but I'd obviously rather have one more game at Wa-Griz than have to be stuck watching it on TV. xtwocentsx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM
We got plenty to worry about with Weber coming into town this weekend. I think everyone has something to worry about with Weber unless the Griz can take them out this weekend.......xcoffeex

GolfingGriz
December 1st, 2008, 12:46 AM

"We beat the best team at home. Now we're the best. Yes!"

GrizDen
December 1st, 2008, 12:47 AM
My focus is on the Griz playing much better on Saturday than their first meeting with Weber to even up the season series.

Now if I allow myself the ability to play "what if" and the wish game...I actually would like to see the Griz play James Madison on the road. I know I'll probably get roasted for saying it, but eventually the Griz have to win a playoff game on the road. And no the championship game against Marshall doesn't count as it was 13 years ago. The GRIZ don't have many monkey's on their backs, but not winning a playoff game on the road in the last decade is a BIGGIE.

Plus, I agree with the great Dave Dickinson quote that DDG so astutely shared with us in post #4.

Appstate29
December 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
My focus is on the Griz playing much better on Saturday than their first meeting with Weber to even up the season series.

Now if I allow myself the ability to play "what if" and the wish game...I actually would like to see the Griz play James Madison on the road. I know I'll probably get roasted for saying it, but eventually the Griz have to win a playoff game on the road. And no the championship game against Marshall doesn't count as it was 13 years ago. The GRIZ don't have many monkey's on their backs, but not winning a playoff game on the road in the last decade is a BIGGIE.

Plus, I agree with the great Dave Dickinson quote that DDG so astutely shared with us in post #4.

I'd take Villanova for the Griz, as I think it will be the easier of the two matchups, and in order to complete my wet dream final, the Griz must win. They simply must. And of course, by default, so must the Mountaineers. But just focus on kicking the poo out of weber.

T-Dog
December 1st, 2008, 02:39 AM

If you can take care of business in the regular season, you don't have to worry about winning playoff road games. That's what App has done (of course last year we had some luck in that). Last playoff road game we had was @ Georgia Southern in the 2001 Quarterfinals (we lost 38-24). The last road playoff game we won was the 2000 Quarterfinals @ Western Kentucky (after winning @ Troy State in the first round, then losing at Montana in OT in the Semis)

DuckDuckGriz
December 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM
I would rather see the Griz win at JMU. That would be sweeeeeet.

griz37
December 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM

I would probably feel that way too if I lived outside of Montana & couldn't attend the games, but I am selfish & want another home game.

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 08:34 AM
COUNT THIS APP FAN IN AS A NOVA FAN FOR THE WEEKEND AS WELL!

MTGrizzFan
December 1st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Go get em Nova!

MTGrizzFan
December 1st, 2008, 09:02 AM

Not me...you can't beat Friday night under the lights.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 1st, 2008, 09:12 AM

I would probably feel that way too if I lived outside of Montana & couldn't attend the games, but I am selfish & want another home game.

I was thinking of this last night. It has to be one of those weird situations for the Griz in that there would be a ton of revenge for 2004 on the line if JMU advances, yet selfishness has got to make you want more home games.

I guess it's a win-win situation for the Griz should they get past Weber St. this weekend. Good luck! I would LOVE to host the Griz at JMU. I had a great time meeting many fans four years ago.

HLNgriz
December 1st, 2008, 10:18 AM
If you can take care of business in the regular season, you don't have to worry about winning playoff road games. That's what App has done (of course last year we had some luck in that). Last playoff road game we had was @ Georgia Southern in the 2001 Quarterfinals (we lost 38-24). The last road playoff game we won was the 2000 Quarterfinals @ Western Kentucky (after winning @ Troy State in the first round, then losing at Montana in OT in the Semis)

I was at the Appy vs Montana game in 2000, what a game!

Weber/Montana game is going to be last man standing, smash mouth brawl.

appstate38
December 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM
Here is a good question for you Griz. If you win and advance to play JMU and win there do you guys stay on the East Coast or travel home to turn right around again for the NC game????

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
Here is a good question for you Griz. If you win and advance to play JMU and win there do you guys stay on the East Coast or travel home to turn right around again for the NC game????

That would have been my exact plan if we had been on the same side of the bracket with App. I would have made myself a ward of the Appaholic household for the week and made him drive me to Chatty for the game. As it turns out if we were to go to JMU and then move on to the NC then I would only be attending the Chatty affair.

proasu89
December 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
That would have been my exact plan if we had been on the same side of the bracket with App. I would have made myself a ward of the Appaholic household for the week and made him drive me to Chatty for the game. As it turns out if we were to go to JMU and then move on to the NC then I would only be attending the Chatty affair.

Good to know.xsmiley_wix I was wondering the same thing. Would the team stay on the east coast? Are exams going after the semis? There is a set time to report in Chattanooga, so someone would have to be willing to let you use their facilities.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
Good to know.xsmiley_wix I was wondering the same thing. Would the team stay on the east coast? Are exams going after the semis? There is a set time to report in Chattanooga, so someone would have to be willing to let you use their facilities.

I don't know if they would do that or not. The only time I remember anything similar to that happening was in the early 90's when we played K State and then went to McNeese for the next game. LSU let us use their facility for practice for that week. I don't think it would be kosher for a SoCon team to let us use their facility considering that it would be a SoCon most likely that we would be playing. I would bet they would have to work something out with an FBS team in the area again.

Peems
December 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Finals for UM start the week of the 8th, so next monday approximately!!!

Hoyadestroya85
December 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
I appreciate the outpouring of Griz support.. but don't you guys still have to beat Weber first?

gbhmt
December 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
I appreciate the outpouring of Griz support.. but don't you guys still have to beat Weber first?

I'm pretty sure nobody in the thread hasn't mentioned that.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM

The players would definitely have to come back for finals that week.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM

Probably but they have administered finals on the road before as well.

proasu89
December 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM

We've had finals proctored in Chattanooga.

Grizaholic17
December 1st, 2008, 04:34 PM

The Players would travel back to Montana and practice just like every other day near the river. Routine Routine. Not to mention all of the fan support they would need while being sent off :D

GolfingGriz
December 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM

The semifinal game would be the 12th or 13th. Finals week is the 8th through the 12th. Probably less expensive to just fly us back and then out again and it would be the NCAAs call, but finals would be a non factor. I'm actually hoping both UM and Nova can win so that I can get done with my last final on Thursday, have a real good time and then get ready for the game the next night by starting to pregame around noon.

joecooll6
December 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
I am kind of hoping that we continue hosting the Cats as it could be the 4th week in a row of welcoming kitties. tough games ahead but, could it be karma?

Lets make it 5 in Chattanooga. Bobcats, Bobcats, Wildcats, Wildcats and PANTHERS!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
The Players would travel back to Montana and practice just like every other day near the river. Routine Routine. Not to mention all of the fan support they would need while being sent off :D

Yeah that's true, the sendoff on Wednesday would be something I wouldn't want to miss. I always love the parade when we make it to the NC game. The road is just gonna be too tough to make it there this year it seems.

chiapet9
December 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM

Yeah, and sometimes you have to do it twice. xnodx GO DUKES.

And yeah...Go Griz.

chiapet9
December 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't know if they would do that or not. The only time I remember anything similar to that happening was in the early 90's when we played K State and then went to McNeese for the next game. LSU let us use their facility for practice for that week. I don't think it would be kosher for a SoCon team to let us use their facility considering that it would be a SoCon most likely that we would be playing. I would bet they would have to work something out with an FBS team in the area again.

I'll bet Tennessee's stadium will be available. HAHA.

Hellgate60
December 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Lets make it 5 in Chattanooga. Bobcats, Bobcats, Wildcats, Wildcats and PANTHERS!!

If it were going to be five, New Hampshire would be better than Northern Iowa since they are the wildcats