PDA

View Full Version : CAA Record Prediction in the Quarterfinals

93henfan
November 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM
NOTE: Disregard the last option (0-4) as it's a mathematical impossibility with JMU playing Nova.

So four CAA teams left in the quarters. Three of them are on the road against Top 4 seeds, so it's a tall order this week.

I say 2-2 with wins by Nova and Richmond.

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM
they cant possibly go 0-4 :p

93henfan
November 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Uh yeah - OOPS!!! I remembered they can't go 4-0 but I missed that they can't go 0-4 either.

Mods, can you bail me out?:p I'd like $25 billion please.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
JMU, Richmond, UNH. I would give UNH the strongest possibility of any of those 3.

JMU Newbill
November 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry guys... but I just don't see UR winning on the road against App. I also don't see UNH winning.

And yes, JMU gets my homer vote.

1 - 3 for the CAA this week.

Eight Legger
November 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I am predicting 4-0 on a technicality. After 4 OTs, Donovan McNabb will declare the JMU-Villanova game a tie and both will advance to face the Montana-Weber winner.

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry guys... but I just don't see UR winning on the road against App. I also don't see UNH winning.

nice conference spirit.

griz&beer
November 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
The only winner will be the Nova JMU game.

Mntneer
November 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
nice conference spirit.

So he's not entitled to his opinion? I guess 3-1 is the only pick you approve of...

Chi Panther
November 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I would think by the end of the week....this poll will have 1-3 being the winner before kickoff and 1-3 will probably be the winner when the fat lady sings....

2 road games and they just happen to be at Boone and Cedar Falls...

achrist70
November 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I hope for a 2-2 weekend with Richmond pulling an upset, but 1-3 is more likely, I just hope it isn't 2-2 with a New Hampshire win

appfan2008
November 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
i have them only winning the jmu/villanova game which is obvious

BearGibson
November 30th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Richmond will lose, JMU will lose, and NH will lose.

I wish this weren't the case, since I would like to see ASU play JMU in the championship, but I just don't see 'Nova losing.

clenz
November 30th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I hope for a 2-2 weekend with Richmond pulling an upset, but 1-3 is more likely, I just hope it isn't 2-2 with a New Hampshire win
1-3 would make me the happiest little girl on the face of the Earth.

BlueHen86
November 30th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I had to go with 1-3. It is unfortunate that the two strongest CAA teams (at least IMHO) are playing each other.

I don't see Richmond winning at ASU. UNH has a shot at an upset, but I think UNI will that game too.

stevdock
November 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I picked 0-4 only cause I could. I honestly believe they will be 1-3 though. UNH does have a shot though at the UNIDome.

GannonFan
November 30th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I'm going with 2-2 - I don't know which team, Richmond or UNH, will win, but I have a feeling one of them can and will. The CAA did pull out 3 big road wins last year after the first round, and I think they can again. Boone and the UNI Dome are tough places to win, but the CAA did win at the UNI Dome last year after almost winning there the week before, and if the MEAC can make a game of it in Boone then I think Richmond can as well. Tough slate for the CAA, but it is the playoffs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 30th, 2008, 10:19 PM
It's a given that either JMU or Nova are going down. Don't think Richmond can win in Boone and I'm not sure UNH is good enough to beat UNI. I will be pretty surprised if the CAA is 3-1.

AAadict
November 30th, 2008, 10:29 PM
The last playoff game with UNI hosting UNH was one of the best playoff games ever I believe. It seems UNH lost on the final play of the game on a Santos/red-zone/incomplete (heard it on the internet). This has me picking UNH. No logical reason other than revenge. Boone is a very tough place to play and coaching experience may be the key factor. Villanova should be rested after waxing Colgate so I finish with 2-2. Montana...ASU...Villanova...UNH. All hunch. Go Richmond!!!!!!!!!

achrist70
November 30th, 2008, 10:45 PM
1-3 would make me the happiest little girl on the face of the Earth.

wouldn't you like a third game in the Dome?

clenz
November 30th, 2008, 10:53 PM
wouldn't you like a third game in the Dome?
Ah damn....

Now I'm stuck between wanting to possibly not play ASU or possibly wanting to have the almighty CAA fall flat on it's face.

FWIW I voted for 2-2

UMass922
November 30th, 2008, 11:57 PM
2 - I'll stick with my original bracket predictions and say that JMU and UNH advance.

th0m
December 1st, 2008, 05:48 AM
Two.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 07:17 AM
Where's the option for who cares? Only one team can win it all and there is no trophy for best conference...unless you count how many teams get into the playoffs and that's over. I guess I don't have "conference spirit."

BTW, I picked 3-1 just so no one could say I'm bashing the CAA.

th0m
December 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM
The option "who cares" is right next to the option not to read the thread if you don't care.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
The option "who cares" is right next to the option not to read the thread if you don't care.

xlolx

I'm sorry, didn't realize I was banned from an opinion on a public thread...oops! xlolx

th0m
December 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
xlolx

I'm sorry, didn't realize I was banned from an opinion on a public thread...oops! xlolx

Depends what the opinion is. In this case, yes xsmiley_wix

I must say I'm honestly growing a bit tired myself of all the CAA threads, but when I start reading them I always get tricked into posting on them myself... I'm sure it must be the same way for you guys and ASU threads sometimes.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 07:56 AM

I must say I'm honestly growing a bit tired myself of all the CAA threads, but when I start reading them I always get tricked into posting on them myself... I'm sure it must be the same way for you guys and ASU threads sometimes.

Absolutely it is, I have actually asked some people to quit posting ASU threads that don't pertain to people outside of ASU. I have basically been posting on all conference threads because I don't really believe in conference loyalty. The Stink is our rival, that doesn't change based on who they are playing.

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
The real CAA will go 0-1 while those football interlopers will go 1-2.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
It's a given that either JMU or Nova are going down. Don't think Richmond can win in Boone and I'm not sure UNH is good enough to beat UNI. I will be pretty surprised if the CAA is 3-1.

I think it's possible but not highly probable based on playing them both, with the caveat that they'll match up differently against each other than either did against SIU. They resemble each other more than either resembles us. I think UNI ran better on us and UNH passed a little better.
We won the special teams battle with UNI and lost it with UNH. Hard to pick against the dome, that place is bad juju for visitors.

19Duke97
December 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
2-2, JMU and UNH, UR will lose a close one

ChickenMan
December 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
I think it's possible but not highly probable based on playing them both, with the caveat that they'll match up differently against each other than either did against SIU. They resemble each other more than either resembles us. I think UNI ran better on us and UNH passed a little better.
We won the special teams battle with UNI and lost it with UNH. Hard to pick against the dome, that place is bad juju for visitors.

UNH's QB (Toman) had a poor performance vs SIU, he's much better than that and he will have to be better for UNH to win at UNI.

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM

Agreed. That's exactly how I see it.

AppSt.09
December 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM

Agreed, why I had to go with 1-3

89Hen
December 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
I went with 1-3, but I would not be surprised at all for 2-2 or 3-1. App's struggles with FU, GSU, Elon, SCSt, heck even Samford makes me think they are at least beatable. However, this could be another case of last year where they got better every week of the playoffs. xoopsx

We all know UNH can play in the dome. I'd have to think the pressure is all on UNI. xpeacex

AppSt.09
December 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
I went with 1-3, but I would not be surprised at all for 2-2 or 3-1. App's struggles with FU, GSU, Elon, SCSt, heck even Samford makes me think they are at least beatable. However, this could be another case of last year where they got better every week of the playoffs. xoopsx

We all know UNH can play in the dome. I'd have to think the pressure is all on UNI. xpeacex

All of those teams mentioned are not exactly powder puffs. Samford shocked everyone in the SOCON with how dell they were able to play. Elon, IMO, should have been in there over Maine. Furman was in the running for a playoff bid until they lost to Wofford, and GSU lost to the top three in the SOCON by a total of 4 points so lets not really make it out like we were playing D-II teams.xsmhx

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
I think the CAA gets the winner of the JMU/Nova game and one upset, but I'm not sure who.

89Hen
December 1st, 2008, 02:12 PM
All of those teams mentioned are not exactly powder puffs. Samford shocked everyone in the SOCON with how dell they were able to play. Elon, IMO, should have been in there over Maine. Furman was in the running for a playoff bid until they lost to Wofford, and GSU lost to the top three in the SOCON by a total of 4 points so lets not really make it out like we were playing D-II teams.xsmhx
xconfusedx I'm not saying they are, but they aren't really any better than Richmond. That was my point. If those teams can hang with App, I think UR has a good shot to be there at the end.

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
xconfusedx I'm not saying they are, but they aren't really any better than Richmond. That was my point. If those teams can hang with App, I think UR has a good shot to be there at the end.

I fully expect UR to be in the game up to the end. They were last year and I don't see any reason for that to change. I do expect them to lose, though. xsmiley_wix